np: undisputed vs. Icebug: Hedge Maze(I FORGOT TO REF THIS SO BANRYU STOLE IT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A small platform floats above a large hedge maze. On it stand a small boy and a nervous-looking Litwick, and above it floats a Bronzor.

"Well, folks," announces the Litwick. "Today we have a battle between the new trainer undisputed and his slightly more experienced opponent Icebug. Me and my friend Rolf the Bronzor will be reffing this battle for you!"

"That's right, Tag," responds Rolf. "Now, let's see the rules for this battle, shall we?"

SEEKING CHALLENGER

2 v 2
Doubles
DQ: 3 Days / 5 days Ref
2 Recovery Moves / 5 Chills
Arena: A small maze of hedges in my backyard. There is a small lake in the middle of the maze, but otherwise its a lot of shrubbery. It looks similar to this:

just a little smaller so it doesn't take days to find opposing mons and there is a small pond in the middle. Also the hedges are small enough that only the first evolution of each Pokemon group may be used. Otherwise the Pokemon won't fit.

Switch: None
Abilities: All
Items: Off
"Looks good," answers Tag. "Undisputed, go ahead and send out your Pokemon!"

Wow...got lost looking for the hedge maze...this doesn't bode well...

Well, I'm here now, with Cragg (Slugma) and Sharpness (Weedle) in tow, so let's rumble.

Assuming we're not standing next to each other, we'll have us a game of Spotter and Sniper going on. Sharpness, use String Shot to get on top of the hedges and look for the opponents. When you find them, direct Cragg and have him fire off a Flame Burst through the hedges into the Gastly! Then, as long as we maintain distance, Sharpness should continue to spot for Cragg, who should keep railing on Tim with Flame Burst. But, when one or either of them gets within striking distance, Sharpness should do what it does best and Bug Bite it, while Cragg uses Heat Wave to burn away the opponent, prioritizing Tim as the target while Sharpness fights Pablo.

So:
Sharpness: Climb to the top of the hedges with String Shot - Spot for Cragg until opponents close distance, then Bug Bite, prioritizing Pablo as a target.

Cragg: Fire Flame Bursts through the hedges under the direction of Sharpness, until opponent closes distance, then use Heat Wave, prioritizing Tim as a target.

EDIT: Confirmed by undisputed that we are at opposite ends, thus the rest of this post is silly and unnecessary.

We're on opposite ends just to clarify.

Gastly, float through the hedges until you turn up right under Sharpness, and when you're right under him deliver a Shadow Ball followed by a Sludge Bomb!

Pablo, follow Tim as closely as possible to locate Sharpness while making faces in hopes of distracting Sharpness and his approaching onslaught! Then use Flame Thrower to set the puny bug on fire, and quickly dash for the water to avoid Slugma's firey wrath!

Summary:
Tim ------> Find Weedle -------> Shadow Ball him --------> Drop some Sludge on him and laugh!

Pablo -------> follow Tim through the maze --------> use Flamethrower to incinerate the bug ---------> Escape to the water and swim around there to avoid Slugma's wrath!

"All, right, let's get started!" announces Rolf. "Here are our starting stats!"

Icebug

Weedle Sharpness (M)
HP: 90
Energy: 100
Boosts: none
Other: None

Slugma Cragg (M)

undisputed

<Dratini> [Pablo Sandoval] (Male)

<Gastly> [Tim Lincecum] (Male)

"And Tim's off and gliding, with Pablo following closely behind!" exclaims Tag. "But what's this? Tim floated through a hedge...but Pablo's unable to follow him. It looks like he's lost in the hedge maze. I was afraid this would happen...doesn't look like Icebug is sitting idle though. Sharpness is latching onto the top of the hedge with a quick Shot of String, and pulling himself up. He's plenty visible up there-Cragg can definitely see him! The cute little Slugma is shooting several Bursts of Flame at the hedges, clearing quite a path. He's slogs through it, getting ever closer to his teammate."

"Unfortunately, said teammate is still alone," sighs Rolf. "He's not going to be for long though-Tim's right there! A Ball of Shadow is forming in front of him...and he's launching it at Sharpness! Ouch. Sharpness is still insistent on teamwork though. He opens his mouth and gives the loudest squeak he can, signaling to Cragg where he is. Meanwhile, Pablo sees Sharpness on the hedge like a beacon. He shoots a blazing Flamethrower at Sharpness, but he's too far away to aim properly Just a bit away, Cragg hears his teammate's anguished cry and fires a few more Bursts of Flame at the hedges, fighting his way to the base of Sharpness's hedge. He looks PISSED."

"True," acknowledges Tag. "Looks like he's about to get even more pissed- Tim's firing a Bomb of Sludge at Sharpness now! But the little Weedle isn't going to take this anymore. He jumps down from the hedge heroically...and starts taking Bug Bites out of Tim, as Pablo is still smashing his way through the maze. Speaking of Pablo, he's about to reach Sharpness's hedge when he's overcome by a sudden wave of fear of fire. He immediately starts to slither through the maze, looking for a pool. Cragg then fires off a Wave of Heat, singing Tim but Pablo's too far away to get hit."

"No sense of direction, eh?" remarks Rolf. "And now...the stats!"

Icebug

Weedle Sharpness (M)
HP: 65
Energy: 90

Slugma Cragg (M)
Energy: 87

undisputed

<Dratini> [Pablo Sandoval] (Male)

<Gastly> [Tim Lincecum] (Male)
HP: 64
Energy: 86

Alright lets get this show on the road!

Tim, I want you to stay right near Sharpness! Pound Sharpness unrelentingly with a Shadow Ball.

Pablo, come up from the water, find Sharpness on top of whatever hedge its resting upon, and use Agility to get there before it can move away!

Tim, keep up your assault and Sludge Bomb Sharpness
and hopefully further impede its moving ability to allow Pablo to join the party! Also, give way to Tim and his Flamethrower when he does arrive.

Once you arrive Pablo, I want you to cast a Flamethrower straight up into the bush where Sharpness is getting harassed. Take care to not hit Tim!

Tim, now that Pablo has arrived (hopefully), give Slugma a Mean Look to make him feel self conscious about advancing into firing range any further because the cool mons might not accept him!

Pablo, finish the round off with a nice Dragon Pulse to Sharpness' face!

Summary:
Tim > Shadow Ball @ Weedle > Sludge Bomb @ Weedle > Mean Look @ Slugma to stop advance.

Pablo > Agility to join Tim > Flamethrower @ Weedle > Dragon Pulse @ Weedle

First off, I did inflict damage to Tim with one Bug Bite and one Heat Wave, correct? Can you update Tim's health to reflect this?

Next, since Pablo's nice and lost, having back-tracked away to find the pool and not having nifty wall climbing/float throughing abilities, I figure I should wail on Tim, yes? Sharpness should jump down (unless I misread I'm already off the hedge, but just in case, I want to make sure that I start grounded) and Bug Bite Tim, then move back a bit to avoid any accidental friendly fire from Cragg's Heat Wave, who should continue to move closer to Tim and Sharpness as he fires it off.

Next, provided Pablo didn't find his way through the hedges by some dumb luck, Sharpness should continue to chew on Tim with Bug Bite. However, if Pablo does manage to get within range, change the target to Pablo. Cragg, I want Tim to return to the land of the dead where it belongs, so use Overheat and speed him back along to the afterlife.

Finally, Sharpness should repeat the above. Eat more of Tim, unless Pablo finds the battle site, with Bug Bite. Meanwhile, Cragg should be pretty well burnt out from the Overheat, so he'll be happy to hear I'm giving him permission to Yawn in Tim's general direction. Hopefully it will be quite contagious and Tim will pass out for a solid few rounds!

Special Note: Sharpness should not, in any circumstance, go looking for Pablo. The target changes should only happen if Pablo finds us, not the other way around.

So:

Sharpness: Bug Bite (Tim) - Bug Bite (Tim) - Bug Bite (Tim)
Switch target to Pablo should he find his way into the battle.

Cragg: Heat Wave (Tim) - Overheat (Tim) - Yawn (Tim)

Round 2, Start!
Hello folks, Banryu speaking, I'm taking over for smashlloyd as referee of this match. *ahem* Now then, let's see if I can catch up to the action here... I see a hapless Weedle (this must be The Sharpness) valiantly attempting to fend off major harassments coming from a malevolent-looking Gastly, apparently known by the unassuming name of Tim. Further away in opposite directions are a Dratini chilling in the fountain at the middle of the maze, I'm told he's called Pablo, and then a Slugma named Craggy is inching his way toward the battling pair. Right then.

Tim fires away at The Sharpness with a devastating Shadow Ball! The Sharpness is determined not to take this lying down, and as Gastly swoops close, he springs off of the hedge and attempts to nom Tim-- unfortunately due to Gastly's being made almost entirely of hallucinogenic gases, Tim barely feels a thing and Sharpness is simply left feeling more sick than anything... Meanwhile Pablo the Dratini springs from the fountain, using his impressive agility to speed his way along the top of the hedges to join his partner, but to both Tim's and Pablo's bewilderment, Sharpness is scurrying away as fast as his many tiny legs will cary him-- the pair failed to notice Craggy, who lets loose a searing Heat Wave to blast the reunited pair.

The now-much-faster Pablo easily shrugs off the hit and breathes a jet of Flamethrower at the fleeing Sharpness, who winces heavily with all the punishment he's taking. Sharpness takes notice and lunges toward Pablo in search of a more appetizing mouthful, but on the way he is struck by a nasty Sludge Bomb courtesy of Tim. While it pains him, it does little to hamper Sharpness' progress to latch onto Pablo's ear and start Bug Biting on it viciously. While Pablo is distracted, Tim is blasted with the full brunt of an Overheated fire attack by Craggy, whose melty skin begins to cool and harden after unleashing such a powerful attack-- too powerful, apparently.

Pablo meanwhile does his best to shake off Sharpness, and when that fails to shake the persistent worm, he flips Sharpness in front of his face and blasts him with a point-blank Dragon Pulse-- landing a clean KO on the hapless Sharpness! Tim watches with a smirk of approval and turns to Craggy with a very Mean Look, letting him know that the hedge maze is property of the cool kids only. But crafty Craggy knows how to deal with these bullies, and he utters an extravagant Yawn of severe disinterest. Pablo takes no notice, but a fit of the drowsies starts to creep up on Tim... Yikes, what an action-filled match I've entered into here. Will Craggy be able to last a 2v1 matchup long enough for his Yawn to take effect, or will this be over even sooner than we think?

Sharpness (M)
HP: 0
Energy: 72
Stats: 3/2/1/1/50
Ability: Shield Dust

Cragg (M)
Stats: 2/2/4/2/17
Ability: Flame Body / Magma Armor
< < VS > >

HP: 79
Stats: 3/2/3/2/42
Ability: Shed Skin

Tim (Male)
HP: 23
Energy: 69
Stats: 1/2/5/2/80
Ability: Levitate
Gastly Shadow Ball (-5 energy, 8+3+6=17 damage)
Weedle Bug Bite (-3-4 energy, (6+3+1.5)x0.44=5 damage)
Dratini Agility (-7 energy)
Slugma Heat Wave (-6 energy, 10+3+3=16 damage on Gastly, (10+3+3)x0.67=11 damage on Dratini)

Dratini Flamethrower (-7 energy, (10+3)x1.5=20 damage)
Gastly Sludge Bomb (-6 energy, (9+3+6)x0.67=13 damage)
Weedle Bug Bite (-3-8 energy, (6+3+1.5)=11 damage to Dratini)
Slugma Overheat (-9 energy, 14+3+3=20 damage)

Dratini Dragon Pulse (-6 energy, 9+3+3=15 damage)
**Weedle is KO'd**
Gastly Mean Look (-6 energy)
Slugma Yawn (-7 energy)
*Dratini's boosted Speed reduces to +1*

Icebug moves next.

Sharpness, twas a valiant effort, but alas, you are but a Weedle...you get to evolve after this, though...into something statistically worse...but never fear, you'll have your day *pat pat*

Now, Cragg, let flow the fires of vengeance, and scorch these two until there's nothing left to come find in the maze! Heat Wave both of them twice to kick things off, then use Recover to get some health back from what promises to be a grueling round!

So: Heat Wave - Heat Wave - Recover

Ok crew, it's time to BAUCE it up.

Dratini, you need to send a Dragon Pulse over to punish that pitiful fire slug. Then I want you to use ThunderBolt and fry yourself a little escargot. Then finish it up with another Dragon Pulse followed by sitting back and looking a fly as possible.

Gastly, you are the bomb (literally). Go Shadow Ball the fire slug while bracing yourself for a puny heat wave. Once you've shrugged off that measly attack, go in for Explosion and try your best to take that slug down. Obviously you can't do much more after the explosion, but hopefully hell be dead and it wont matter.

Round 3, Start!
Oh man, this is gonna get ugly reeeeal fast, I can tell...

So it's Craggy left alone to fend for himself against two quite-healthy opponents, and cooled off and devoid of firepower to boot! What can possibly be done to turn around a matchup like this?! I guess we're about to find out! Pablo and Tim circle Craggy tauntingly, firing off a respective Dragon Pulse and Shadow Ball! A feeble Heat Wave emanates out from Craggy in response, but for both of them, it's a comparatively weak blow to what they dished out first! Pablo continues by firing off a Thunderbolt-- though instead of crisping him firther, this seems to actually energize him a bit despite the pain it causes him... Craggy attacks back with another weak Heat Wave, but it is hardly more effective than it was before. Now Tim-- what?! What's he doing!? He's still got a turn left before Craggy's Yawn takes its toll but he's EXPLODING!! Tim is KO'd, and both Craggy AND Pablo take massive damage as a result! It looks like the Undisputed Trainer was not significantly familiar with the repercussions of the attack, what a shame! Both combatants shake it off, and the relatively-unmoving Craggy sits still and Recovers some health back from the devastating assault while Pablo blasts away at him with another Dragon Pulse. At the end of this action-packed round, both combatants are left relatively equal in terms of team sizes and remaining HP, the question is, who can walk out of the maze with the win?!

Cragg (M)
HP: 30
Energy: 60
< < VS > >

HP: 40
Energy: 68

Tim (Male)
Energy: 0
Stats: 1/2/5/2/80
Ability: Levitate
Gastly Shadow Ball (-5 energy, 8+3+4.5=15 damage)
Slugma Heat Wave (-6 energy, 10+3+3-3=13 damage on Gastly, (10+3+3)x0.67-3=8 damage on Dratini)

Gastly Explosion (25-1.5=23 damage to Slugma AND Dratini, **Gastly is KO'd**)
Dratini Thunderbolt (-7 energy, 10+1.5=12 damage)
Slugma Heat Wave (-6-4 energy, (10+3+3)x0.67-3=8 damage on Dratini)

Slugma Recover (-11 energy, +20 HP)
*Dratini's Speed returns to normal*
*Slugma's Special Attack is partially restored to -1*

Undisputed moves next.

I dunno, it could just be late at night, but I'm adding slugma's damage up to 80 (60) Hp worth, which would leave him at 30 not 42.

15 + 15 = 30
30 + 23 = 53
53 + 12 = 65
65 + 15 = 80
80 - 20 = 60

90 (starting HP) - 60 (Net Damage dealt) = 30?

Although I could be doing something wrong, and I'm not a ref so I'm just going by your calcs.

Yeah no, you're right about that. I must have done something wonky when I added the numbers together in my head, sorry.
I'll edit the ref post to fix this, go ahead and edit that post with your orders.

Let's bet of the slim odds of victory, yes?

Yawn to lull it to sleep, Recover to pull your health up, and Protect to keep us from death. That'll rid us of our drop from Overheat, and buy us, hopefully, a couple rounds of sleeping to finish it off.

So:

Yawn - Recover - Protect

Round 4, Start!
The battle nears completion, but Icebug and Cragg aren't giving up yet! Cragg Yawns loudly again, his contagiousness making Pablo drowsy! But Pablo continues his assault, firing off Dragon Pulse after Thunderbolt after Dragon Pulse! It's a nonstop barrage! Cragg does his best to stall for time by Recovering some health and Protecting himself from attacks, but this puts a heavy drain on his energy reserves! I don't know if he can take much more of this!

Cragg (M)
HP: 23
Energy: 30
< < VS > >

HP: 40
Energy: 45
Dratini Dragon Pulse (-6-4 energy, 9+3+3=15 damage)
Slugma Yawn (-7 energy)

Dratini Thunderbolt (-7 energy, 10+1.5=12 damage)
Slugma Recover (-11 energy, +20 HP)

Slugma Protect (-7-5 energy, Dratini's attack fails)
*Slugma's Special Attack returns to normal*

Icebug moves next.

umm dragon pulse

then use extremespeed to get in an attack before you fall asleep! its worth a shot. then protect or something since youre going to be asleep.

also with the calcs, 10 + 1.5 rounds up to 12 and it was only 11 damage so if anyway that might matter, id appreciate having the 12 damage from tbolt like the turn before

((I dunno how other refs do it, but 11.5x2=23. 11+12=23 over two turns. That was fully intentional and is quite fair. I do this with all my reffings, so you guys are no exception and I'm not showing any sort of favoritism or anything either by doing that or by refusing to fix it. I suppose I should have made that clearer, though, so sorry for not doing that. Okay so apparently we're screwing math in ASB. So yeah, I guess I'll fix it LOL. As if you're going to lose because of that 1 HP, BTW. xP))

Round 5, Start!
Pablo fires off one last Dragon Pulse at Cragg then prepares to follow up the attack immediately-- but falls asleep before he can do anything! A now-exhausted Cragg continues firing away at Pablo with Heat Wave, but he's running out of energy fast and the fiery blaze is hardly doing anything to Pablo's elementally-tough dragon skin! He tries a new tactic, belching out a Smokescreen to obscure Pablo's vision... Pablo awakens after a pleasantly light nap to a nasty, choking smokescreen, and tries to Protect himself to get away from it-- he succeeds in earning some brief respite from the choking smoke, as well as inadvertently blocking Cragg's ensuing second Heat Wave, but the obscuring smoke hangs thick around him for a bit longer... I'm not gonna lie, folks, even with the temporary accuracy advantage, I don't see how Cragg can muster enough energy OR HP to land the KO on Pablo. This match looks long-decided at this point.

Cragg (M)
HP: 8
Energy: 14
< < VS > >

HP: 32
Energy: 25
Dratini Dragon Pulse (-6-4 energy, 9+3+3=15 damage)
Slugma Heat Wave (-6 energy, (10+3+3)x0.67-3=8 damage on Dratini)
*Dratini falls asleep, light sleep*

(Dratini fell asleep before Extremespeed could connect)
Slugma Smokescreen (-4 energy)

*Dratini wakes up*
Dratini Protect (-7-3 energy)
Slugma Heat Wave (-6 energy, (10+3+3)x0.67-3=8 damage on Dratini, blocked by Protect)

undisputed moves next.

I think undisputed has next move, but I'll go ahead and throw up my actions, since they are trivial.

Overheat - chill - Overheat

gg undisputed, barring massive hax you have the fight.

EDIT: No, I mean unless he misses every move he uses from here on in he wins, I'm not complaining, it was a good fight.

Bleck, yes he does, I'm sorry I keep forgetting to change it whenever I copy my last post. =____=

EDIT: Oh whoops, misunderstood then I guess hahaha~

Yeah Dratini, Dragon Pulse to victory!

And Banryu, I wasn't complaining, I only mentioned it on the off chance it might play some part so don't think I was just trying to be annoying lol.

thanks for picking up our battle!

Round 6, Start!
Cragg prepares to unleash another powerful Overheat, but Pablo beats him to the punch and blasts away the last of his health with Dragon Pulse! It's a KO!

Cragg (M)
Energy: 14
< < VS > >

HP: 32
Energy: 19
**Slugma is KO'd!**

Battle Over! Winner: Undisputed!
Not a bad match at all by any means; Undisputed's reckless usage of Explosion gave Icebug's Slugma a fighting chance, but ultimately he ended up taking the win anyway, due to Slugma's poor offensive coverage! Plus, y'know... Weedle, being... Weedle didn't really help that much. Good game nonetheless, folks.

Reward Summary:
- Smashlloyd20 gets 1 Ref Token
- I get 4 Ref tokens
- Icebug and Undisputed each receive 2 Trainer Counters
- all participating Pokemon recieve 1 EC / 2 MC / 1 DC
- Pablo the Dratini gets 2 KO counters for KOing both of Icebug's Pokemon
- Cragg the Slugma gets 1 KO counter for surviving Gastly's Explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)