[Warstory] Ash: I'm going to be a pokemon master!!!

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ash was an idiot-- but he was an idiot with a big dream! He was going to be a pokemon master! However, things were not going his way . . . after years and years of training pokemon, he was still making stupid mistakes like having heracross attack scizzor with fury attack, sending out swellow against rock types like solrock, and thinking that pikachu should be using iron tail on everything. He also found that every year or so (or # of episodes in a season), he found that the maturity he accumulated would magically disappear, and along with it he'd get the strange desire to send all his best pokemon away (and fantasize about making cameos/commercials with pokes he'd never seen before).

Realizing that he was too big of an idiot to make it on his own, he contacted smogon, and to his surprise-- some of his pokemon actually could do things in battle! He just didn't know they could!

Fujihara's (my) "Ash-Only" Team:

Chronosquare's Team

(Note: Actually, this is a shoddy battle I had using my account name, Fujihara. Yeah, bad planning not making them the same. My bad.)

Rules: Evasion Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause

Having gained some knowledge on smogon, and going back to retrain the whole team (yeah, I don't care what you say about not being able re-ev train-- my pikachu can learn magically learn volt tackle years after the fact, so there is nothing I can't do!! I'm the main character!!), he decided to fight some real trainers and made his debut on shoddy.

spectator: Wait Ash! What about IVs!?

Ash: I told you, I'm the main character. ALL my pokes have perfect IVs! (How else do you think my bayleef could 2HKO a scizzor with razor leaf and vine whip in pokemon the movie 4?)

Ash stepped boldy into the Arena--

"I'm Ash Ketchum from the Town of Pallet!!"

Audience: . . . . . . .

Battle Start

Ash: I send out Swellow!

Opponent: Dude, you don't have to tell me what you're doing you know . . .

Ash: Oh, really!? Ok then . . . but it's pretty fun you know . . .

Fujihara sent out Swellow (lvl 100 Swellow ?).
ChronoSquare sent out Fettuccini (lvl 100 Tangrowth ?).

Well, that's nice. No need to protect when he'll probably switch. I'll Brave Bird to smack whatever's coming in.

ChronoSquare switched in Donphan (lvl 100 Donphan ?).
Swellow used Brave Bird.
Donphan lost 33% of its health.
Swellow was hit by recoil!
Swellow lost 16% of its health.
Swellow was burned!
Donphan's leftovers restored its health a little!
Donphan restored 6% of its health.

Orb active . . . too bad the attack did jack. He has ice shard too no doubt. Time to switch.

Go Blastoise!!

. . . oh that's right, I forgot I don't have to do that.

Fujihara switched in Blastoise (lvl 100 Blastoise ?).
Donphan used Ice Shard.
It's not very effective...
Blastoise lost 6% of its health.
Blastoise's leftovers restored its health a little!
Blastoise restored 6% of its health.

Nice. Blastoise is in. Now, I don't have a powerful water attack anyway, so I might as well . . .

ChronoSquare switched in Cherubim (lvl 100 Togekiss ?).
Blastoise used Blizzard.
Blastoise's attack missed!

ARGH!!!! Not that it would 1hko or anything but . . . Not to mention that I hate togekiss . . . that thing can be really annoying. I need to find out whether it is scarfed or not, though likely not being switched in on Blastoise.

Cherubim used Light Screen.
A barrier was formed!
Blastoise used Blizzard.

. . . Well, at least I know it's not scarfed. That gives me some potential use of sending pikachu in on it later. Now, let's try a mirror coat . . .

LoveDestiny has left the room.
Cherubim used Tri Attack.
Blastoise lost 27% of its health.
Blastoise used Mirror Coat.
Cherubim lost 52% of its health.

Heh, not bad. Well, now we know that togekiss cannot try to kill blastoise without potentially taking more damage. But, now he knows that too . . . he'll probably switch out I think, so I'll try roar.

Cherubim used Wish.
Cherubim made a wish!
Blastoise used Roar.
ChronoSquare switched in Zamboni (lvl 100 Alakazam ?).

Ah crud, it has wish . . . meaning in a 1 v. 1 between blastoise and togekiss, he'd probably win since he has light screen to laugh at blizzard too. Anyway, Alakazam . . . not bad, I could mirror coat it too, but he knows that! I'll try for freez hax . . . XD

ChronoSquare switched in Cherubim (lvl 100 Togekiss ?).
Blastoise used Blizzard.
The wish came true!
Cherubim restored 50% of its health.

Another miss!? Ah well, it wouldn't have made a difference here (barring freeze hax). Though then again, the hax gods don't seem to like me today . . . anyway, I'll try mirror coat. He might wish but let's face it-- his pokes all have jack damage on them. What's a wish going to do to help 'em?

Cherubim used Wish.
Cherubim made a wish!
Blastoise used Mirror Coat.
But it failed!

Like I said, his pokes all have almost full life anyway . . .

Blastoise lost 28% of its health.
Blastoise was frozen solid!
Blastoise was defrosted!
Blastoise used Blizzard.
It's super effective!
Cherubim lost 17% of its health.
The wish came true!

. . . The hax gods must be on crack. Froze and defrost in the same turn? Well, I'm not complaining-- except that blizzard really does jack. I'm putting rapid spin on this thing later . . . anyway, wish is coming. Time to send out my partner to do some serious mop-up.

Fujihara switched in Pikachu (lvl 100 Pikachu ?).
Cherubim used Wish.
Cherubim made a wish!

Ike!! Pikachu!!! (Pika!!)

On another note, I retrained the thing as a physical sweep/annoyer/surprise. It has Focus Punch, Substitute, Encore, and Volt Tackle (Because I'm th emain character :naughty:). I'm guessing he'll switch out since I'm faster and can OHKO with Volt Tackle. Time to put up a sub . . .

Pikachu used Substitute.
Pikachu lost 25% of its health.
Pikachu made a substitute!
The substitute took damage for Pikachu!
Pikachu's substitute faded!
The wish came true!

Wow, he's gutzy. Is he playing chicken or what? I still think he'll switch out though . . .

Pikachu used Substitute.
Pikachu lost 25% of its health.
Pikachu made a substitute!
The substitute took damage for Pikachu!
Pikachu's substitute faded!
Cherubim's light screen wore off!

Wow, I really AM an idiot. Does he really not understand how much danger Togekiss is in? Oh well, Pikachu's Ability to successfully continue as a sub-puncher is all but gone now. Might as well just take him out since it seems he's determined to stay in.

Pikachu used Volt Tackle.
It's super effective!
Cherubim lost 130% of its health.
ChronoSquare's Cherubim fainted.
Pikachu was hit by recoil!
Pikachu lost 58% of its health.
Fujihara's Pikachu fainted.

5 v. 5

1 for 1 isn't too bad I guess. Now, I want to bring in a poke that can handle any of the previous issue pokes. Here we go.

Fujihara switched in Sceptile (lvl 100 Sceptile ?).
ChronoSquare switched in Fettuccini (lvl 100 Tangrowth ?).

Specs sep is in the house. He oughtta know that I'm packing either hidden power Ice or Fire, so he'll probably switch out. I'll just smack the incomer with Leaf Storm!!

Sceptile used Leaf Storm.
Fettuccini lost 74% of its health.
Sceptile's special attack was harshly lowered.
Fettuccini used Sleep Powder.
Fettuccini's attack missed!
Fettuccini's leftovers restored its health a little!
Fettuccini restored 6% of its health.

Oh yeah . . . sceptile could always be a sub-seeder, in which case sceptile might switch out and thus sleep powder would be plausible I guess . . . well, it seems the hax gods have finally favored me anyway!!

ChronoSquare: wow... shit

ChronoSquare switched in Fire Man (lvl 100 Infernape ?).
Fire Man lost 35% of its health.

Alright in all honesty-- my team is SUPER 'nape weak. It's not even funny. Despite the fact that my biggest rival paul has a flaming monkey, the thought of preparing for one never crossed my mind-- or, it could just be that I don't have any pokes at Professor Oak's place who would even stand a chance at being a 'nape counter. Yeah, we'll go with that. So I decide to switch in hopes of a luck sack, but feeling prepared to make some sacrifices for the better cause.

Fujihara switched in Heracross (lvl 100 Heracross ?).
Fire Man used U-turn.
Heracross lost 21% of its health.

THANK GOD!!!!! Wow, that was scary. Anyway, how he can know that this hera isn't scarfed is beyond me. Maybe he's reading my mind. O.o

In any case, it isn't, so it's time to switch.

Fujihara switched in Blastoise (lvl 100 Blastoise ?).
Zamboni used Psychic.
Blastoise lost 53% of its health.

Fare the well blastoise. I have to say, you did a ridiculously good job of scouting and stuff for a BL/UU poke. Rest in peace.

Blastoise used Aqua Jet.
Zamboni lost 41% of its health.
Zamboni used Psychic.
Blastoise lost 62% of its health.
Fujihara's Blastoise fainted.

5 v. 4 Chronosquare

Wholly shnap, Blastoise's Aqua Jet does that much damage!? O.o Oh well, time Swellow's re-appearence.

Fujihara switched in Swellow (lvl 100 Swellow ?).
ChronoSquare switched in Donphan (lvl 100 Donphan ?).
Swellow used Facade.
A critical hit!
Donphan lost 122% of its health.
ChronoSquare's Donphan fainted.
Swellow was hurt by its burn!
Swellow lost 12% of its health.

4 v. 4

Thank you hax gods. That elephant has been laid out! No rocks setting up for you!!! XD

ChronoSquare switched in Suicune (lvl 100 Suicune).
Suicune is exerting its pressure!

. . . ah screw it. Lets recap here, my remaining pokes are: Heracross, Sceptile, Donphan, Swellow. Not a tank, ice weak, ice weak, ice weak.

. . .

I think it's time to make a sacrifice.

Swellow used Facade.
Suicune lost 49% of its health.
Suicune used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Swellow lost 84% of its health.
Fujihara's Swellow fainted.
Suicune's leftovers restored its health a little!
Suicune restored 6% of its health.

4 v. 3 Chronosquare

Thing is, Sceptile can 1HKO ALL his remaining pokes with leaf storm, including the injured Tangrowth. If I play this right, I might be able to actually pull off the win!

It's super effective!
Suicune lost 153% of its health.
ChronoSquare's Suicune fainted.

3 v. 3

1 down . . .

ChronoSquare switched in Fire Man (lvl 100 Infernape ?)

Ah crud . . . time for another sacrifice? He probably has Grass Knott, so Donphan'll probably be floored but at least he stands a chance . . .

Fujihara switched in Donphan (lvl 100 Donphan ?).
Fire Man used U-turn.
Donphan lost 19% of its health.
ChronoSquare switched in Fettuccini (lvl 100 Tangrowth ?).

U-Turn again? Well, it's nice to be alive-- not too nice to still have no idea what 'nape is running. Oh well, time to let Donphan sleep.

Donphan used Ice Shard.
It's super effective!
Fettuccini lost 11% of its health.
Fettuccini used Sleep Powder.
Donphan fell asleep!

Finally, a poke I actually have a decent counter for . . . let's go heracross!!

Fettuccini used Leech Seed.
Heracross was seeded!
Heracross's health was sapped by leech seed!
Heracross lost 12% of its health.
Fettuccini regained health!
Fettuccini restored 9% of its health.

Well, I thought he'd double power, which I'd have really mixed feelings about. Actually, I'm pretty happy hera isn't paralyzed. Time to go for a kill!

Heracross used Megahorn.
It's super effective!
Fettuccini lost 92% of its health.
ChronoSquare's Fettuccini fainted.

3 v. 2 Ash

Figures he'd sac. No way would he let 'zam
or infernape get killed. In any case, it's obvious I'm going to have to make a sacrifice too. Oh I know which one is the most useless now . . .

Fujihara switched in Donphan (lvl 100 Donphan ?).
Zamboni used Psychic.
Donphan lost 114% of its health.
Fujihara's Donphan fainted.

2 v. 2

TT-TT Thank you Donphan, you did great. I promise to play with you later on no matter how annoying it is.

(For those who don't know, my Donphan has a complex where it still thinks it's a tiny phampy, and so playtime can be pretty rough)

Time for sceptile to rack up another kill.

Zamboni lost 148% of its health.
ChronoSquare's Zamboni fainted.

ChronoSquare switched in Fire Man (lvl 100 Infernape ?)

2 v. 1 Ash

Infernape . . . well, I can still sacrifice!! XD

Fire Man used Flare Blitz.
It's super effective!
Heracross lost 249% of its health.
Fujihara's Heracross fainted.
Fire Man was hit by recoil!
Fire Man lost 23% of its health.

1 v. 1 It all comes down to Sceptile v. Infernape!

ChronoSquare: oh, shit
ChronoSquare: gg

Ash: Yeah, that match was awesome!

Sceptile used Dragon Pulse.
Fire Man lost 66% of its health.
ChronoSquare's Fire Man fainted.

Referee: Infernape is no longer able to battle-- Ash is the winner!

I won? I won!! My meaning in life is still there!! I finally feel like I'm on the right path to becoming a pokemon master!!

Satoshi Tajiri (creator of pokemon): Well, no Ash. Since you actually won a match, I'm afraid you're going to have to go into your over-inflated-ego mode, and subsequently do some really stupid things for the next half a season. Don't worry, you might get there someday! Maybe when pokemon stops making Nintendo money . . . right . . .

Ash: Yay!! I won~!! I'm the greatest!! I'm going to be a pokemon master!!!

Satoshi Tajiri: . . . he's not listening. Anyway, time for slops and props:

Props:
-All of Ash's Pokemon! They actually did something!!

Somethings:
-Blastoise for scouting, taking some serious abuse, and dealing a nice hefty blow to 'Zam.
-Pikachu, for getting the first kill of the game with an egg move that it somehow magically got on the boat ride to Sinnoh! (I hate togekiss, thank you pikachu . . .)
-Swellow for killing Donphan. Yeah, he did ok.
-Donphan for ice sharding stuff, and being an all-around good sport/sacrifice.
-Sceptile, for . . . well, for basically killing half the opposing team . . .

-And props to my opponent for giving me a really great match!
edit: And props to Kumar for approving this warstory!

(*in the background* Ash: You suck! I'm the man!!)

. . . right, Ash's an idiot. GG dude. That was a lot of fun.

Slops:
-Me, for making pikachu substitute twice. WTF was I thinking!?
-Ash, for not catching anything that makes a decent mixed 'nape counter, even if it looks like the opposing one might not have been mixed.
-Ash, for not catching a blissey.
-Ash, for having too many of his viable pokes be normal types. (ambipom, snorlax, tauros, starraptor, swellow)
-Ash, for . . . well, for being an idiot.

Thanks all! Mezase pokemon masuta~!!!

Haha! Theme team for the win.
Blastoise's Aqua Jet was actually pretty surprising (well, it was Alakazam after all).
And yeah, Specs Leaf Storm is murderkill. The other guy should not have lost his Togekiss so easily.

Who knew Ash had blastoise. The opponent played wierder than me. I mean leaving togekiss open for a volt tackle. Also how did sceptile outrun alakazam. Didn't the opponent payed attention for evs. Really alaka is supposed to be faster and I dont think you are jolly as you did great amount of damage with leaf strom even cs. I enjoyed reading it as it explained the whole truth about Ash. I am looking forward to next warstories lol

Ash doesn't have a Blastoise. I would know, it's my favourite Pokemon. T_T... you probably should've gone with Crawdaunt or something for your water type.

Anyways, a nice match, though the accompanying Ash text got a little overbearing.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the feedback all :D And thanks Kumar for approving!!

Yeah, I know Ash has no Blastoise-- but maybe one thing he learned from smogon was that he shouldn't send unevolved pokes (outside of pikachu) to do an evolved pokes share of competitive battling. xD

note: Squirtle is a poke Ash can call on in special occasions, so it's not like it's a poke he let go completely.

Blastoise is the best special wall (well, more of a tank) he's got aside from snorlax. I was depending on so many physical attackers, I decided Blastoise was just a better fit-- not like a theme team is going to have a high percent win against OU teams but . . .

he got squirtle back from firefighting, and magically trained it to be superstrong and evolve in a really short timespan, and volt tackle came back due to the heart scale-dude?

i still think that Ash should buy a thunderstone, ASAP...

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Oh but Light Ball pikachu is the shizz and giggles . . . averages a kill a game with focus punch. :naughty:

And I don't think you can get volt tackle back with heart scale because it's a special egg move only.

Needed more Seismic Toss Charizard action XD.

I kid though. This was one of the most entertaining warstories I've read in a good while. Absolutely loved your commentary, especially the "Do you know who I am? You must not know who I am. I'm the main character, bitch!" parts. If there's one warstory from the past 2-3 months that deserves to get achieved, it's definitely this one.

great read.
Blastoise is the best special wall (well, more of a tank) he's got aside from snorlax. I was depending on so many physical attackers, I decided Blastoise was just a better fit-- not like a theme team is going to have a high percent win against OU teams but . . .
i was thinking ash's meganium couldve been the special support for this team. light screen and leech seed.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Nope, never did evolve. That's why I included this:

Having gained some knowledge on smogon, and going back to retrain the whole team
Ash's options are so limited as it is, I wasn't about to limit myself EVEN MORE by refusing to use evolved forms of pokem he'd used.

Who knew Ash had blastoise. The opponent played wierder than me. I mean leaving togekiss open for a volt tackle. Also how did sceptile outrun alakazam. Didn't the opponent payed attention for evs. Really alaka is supposed to be faster and I dont think you are jolly as you did great amount of damage with leaf strom even cs. I enjoyed reading it as it explained the whole truth about Ash. I am looking forward to next warstories lol
Except that they have the same speed.

Also you underestimate the power of SpecsScep. Modest indeed. >O

Haha, I loved reading this warstory. The whole Ash commentary was fun to read, and it was a really intense battle. Great match and congrats on the win!!

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Very entertaining (and a very funny opening).

Well, the good news is, at least he had Heracross. >.>;

Good job for a Theme team. Very hard to pull off on some of them, but you pulled it off pretty well.

Oh, and BTW, some of those Normal types are pretty good. Like how you chose Swellow however instead of 6 Tauros'. >_>;

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Thx guys! :D

Colonol-- that's why I listed them. I'm annoyed that too many of his usable pokemon are normal types. You shouldn't make a team that has all of them on it after all . . . >.<

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Nice warstory. The way you told it is what made it interesting. Specs Leaf Storm is so effective lol. Especially coming off a poke that outspeeds most and has a decent SpA to work with.

Burn Orb Swellow, though fun, is not as useful as CB Tauros. He would've been better on your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)