Alright, November stats for Shoddy are up, let's discuss

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
http://shoddybattle.com/stats

Alright, so they're up for November, I felt it would be a god idea to post a thread about for for discussion. Let's discuss what has happened and changed over the past month. Colin has put up the most popular leads as well.

Alright, Tentacruel usage has increased majorly, now being #26 on the weighted Shoddy list, I think that this is by far the most significant improvement, possibly due to a lot of people trying out Obi's Tentacruel on stall teams. That's my highlight for the list.

Gyarados being the #1 lead doesn't surprise me at all, seriously.

Yeah, so let's discuss the changes that have come over November.

I haven't been on Shoddy lately, but I didn't expect Ninjask to be in 14th place. Butterfree also has 538 use, which is cool.^_^

Hippowdon in 2nd means that Shedinja is dead in OU. I was a bit suprised that Bronzong and Forretress leads are popular. Tentacruel is #49, not too high, and did you mean good or god?

EDIT: I was looking about Tentacruel leads, my bad. =(

He probably means "good". I wish there were less Sandstorm/Hail Teams so Shedinja could get more use, but I guess you have to have a weather changer just to use him.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
floatzel is only 673 for leads which i'm not surprised about but i use it a lot and it is an amazing stater with taunt to screw over phazers or Stealth Rockers and bulk up to increase its stats then baton pass to something else, not to mention it beats a lot of the common starter like gyarados, hippowdown, bronzong, tyranitar, infernape, swampert, aerodactyl, and it can beat the sub leechseed version of abamasnow.

Okay, let's not exaggerate, it's not a godly idea to post this. =P (Sorry, that was terrible)

Anyways, I'm surprised Gallade only had 650 or so leads. CB Gallade is awesome as a lead imo, it can take a hit and dish back a few. I guess it's their loss...

Also, I didn't know so many people lead with Zapdos, No. 21 is a lot better than I thought it would be. I thought I was the only one with one... TT-TT

All I have to say is... I led with Pelipper 36 times XD
And all I have to say after that is that those leads let me set up too much.
Weavile is where it is, so is Gyarados and the rest... Now we don;t need any more lead topics. Finally.

I thought the general concensus was that Electivire and Cresselia were overhyped, but they're still getting a lot of use: #23 and #9 resprectively. Like September, Yanmega at #29 despite being at half HP most of the time is amazing.

Riolu is used more than Seviper and Kecleon...

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Rattata is used more as a lead than....Sharpedo and everything under 164.

Somewhat disproves Typhlosion's statement.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I still do not get Gyarados leads at all. They're far better to finish people off mid/late game. Not to attemp an early sweep which should not pull off.

I was shocked on that.

Blissey being used the most why? Not that I'm suprised, but I see this changing for the future.

2. Garchomp (28071 usages) - Not suprised, and tbh 26000 being Scarf.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
I still do not get Gyarados leads at all. They're far better to finish people off mid/late game. Not to attemp an early sweep which should not pull off.

I was shocked on that.
And it is this confusion of mind that I'm now considering posting a new Porygon-2 discussion. >_>

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
A bit dissapointed to see Cresselia shooting up from 15 to 9, because that thing just kills the game for me. It just sits there and does nothing...yeah, I know Blissey does that too but Blissey is tradition. This young upstart space duck has no right. :(

Would be interesting to see some form of Item-to-Pokemon usage, because I reckon about 90% of Garchomp are Scarfed. It's getting too predictable now...

In other news, Rhyperior's fall from grace continues with him dropping a place, seeing 300ish less battles than last month.

I fucking hate SS teams and Cres. Bullshit things! I love legend clause. I want to make weather clause!!!

The biggest thing that I noticed is how different the Shoddy standards are from the WiFi standards (excluding things like Blissey and Gyarados). Since I can't get Shoddy to work, I exclusively play WiFi, and I've never ran into any Azelf; I've only faced two Heatran, and to be honest, I've never faced a Hail team either. Of course, the main cause of those is that it's hard to get good legendaries with the proper Hidden Power types, IVs, and natures, but even with all these new giveaways that are happening, I still don't see any of these.

In WiFi, I barely run into any ScarfChomp - most are the SD version, and at least half of the teams are sandstorm teams. Gengar seems to be approaching Blissey's popularity in WiFi, and things that seem a bit gimmicky, like a mixed Metagross, are rarely used.

But, this is about Shoddy. Nothing is really surprising there - jellyfish went up due to Obi's team, and weather teams still reign surpreme. I'm mainly interested in two of the same game are so different.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
I fucking hate SS teams and Cres. Bullshit things! I love legend clause. I want to make weather clause!!!
Zapdos, Heatran, Cress, and Celebi users would be distraught by 'legend clause', perhaps you are talking about ubers? By and far, legendary Pokemon =/= uber.

Weather clause would just be...gay. >_> I mean seriously, it's like banning things like crits and certain abilities that are supposed to be part of the game but people like whining and complaining over anyways.

Stats between this and last month, based on the Top 100. (Anything in brackets are last month's rankings)

Pokemon who fell from the Top 100
101. Regice (84)
102. Espeon (91)
106. Regirock (81)
114. Absol (98)
115. Nidoking (100)
120. Cacturne (96)

New Pokemon in the Top 100
82. Hariyama (103)
84. Shuckle (112)
90. Rotom (153)
94. Ninetales (108)
95. Rampardos (101)
98. Hitmonchan (111)

Biggest Increases in the Top 100
28. Tentacruel (54) +26
48. Celebi (66) +18
45. Dugtrio (62) +17
66. Blastoise (82) +16
72. Smeargle (88) +16
56. Claydol (70) +14
85. Steelix (99) +14
44. Roserade (55) +11
65. Charizard (76) +11
80. Hitmontop (90) +10

Biggest Decreases in the Top 100
100. Swellow (80) -20
63. Staraptor (49) -14
18. Heracross (8) -10
60. Tangrowth (50) -10
71. Azumarril (61) -10
93. Magmortar (83) -10
99. Porygon2 (89) -10
39. Weezing (30) -9
53. Ambipom (44) -9
61. Kingdra (52) -9
87. Walrein (78) -9

Pokemon who haven't changed positions
1. Blissey (1)
2. Garchomp (2)
6. Salmence (6)
17. Gliscor (17)
35. Mamoswine (35)
51. Gallade (51)

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Biggest Decreases in the Top 100
100. Swellow (80) -20
63. Staraptor (49) -14
18. Heracross (8) -10
60. Tangrowth (50) -10
71. Azumarril (61) -10
93. Magmortar (83) -10
99. Porygon2 (89) -10
39. Weezing (30) -9
53. Ambipom (44) -9
61. Kingdra (52) -9
87. Walrein (78) -9
It's because I've been busy lately. =(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)