Illegal Movesets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked, searched, but couldn't find anything. I would wanna know a list of all Illegal movesets, such as Agility+Baton Pass, etc, etc. I really would like to know so that I could plan my movesets for Wi-Fi, TY in advance. :)

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
If only there was a way we could somehow look at a list of what moves a pokemon is capable of learning! D:

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I think that it's silly that this topic was even created. :/

I think this topic can be used to list all the "Common" illegal movesets found by users as they play and then used as a reference for other players

Poison Heal + Thunderpunch Breloom
Leaf Storm + Spikes Roserade
Hypnosis + Brave Bird Crobat
Nasty Plot + Hynosis Crobat
Rapid Spin + Knock Off Tentacruel
Elemental Punches + Rilvary Nidoking / Nidoqueen
Aqua Jet + Ice Punch Azumarill
Aqua Jet + Belly Drum Azumarill
Hypnosis + Baton Pass Rapidash
Wish + Heal Bell / Aromatheraphy / Gravity Blissey
Charm + Seismic Toss Blissey
Knock Off + Body Slam Shuckle
Nasty Plot + Tri Attack Togekiss
Wish + Belly Drum Clefable
Mach Punch + Cross Chop Magmotar
Agility + Baton Pass Shedinja
Swords Dance + Baton Pass Shedinja
Hypnosis + Baton Pass Rapidash
Elemental Punches + Scrappy Miltank
Belly Drum + Baton Pass Hypno
Haze + Mirror Coat Blastoise
Haze + Mirror Coat Mantine
Haze + Mirror Coat Milotic

The only ones I remeber right now is breloom poison heal+Thunderpunch and blissey wish+Heal bell.I'll edit this if I remember some more.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agility + Baton Pass is illegal on Shedinja, as is Swords Dance + Baton Pass. Shedinja doesn't learn the Swords Dance TM, nor does it learn it via Move Tutor.

Anything + anything else Arceus ( :P )

Nasty Plot + Tri Attack Togekiss

Wish + Belly Drum Clefable

How do we know if movesets are illegal or not?
Take a look at how the pokemon is getting the moves. Tentacruel has both Knock Off and Rapid Spin as Egg moves, but there is no one pokemon that can pass both moves down to Tentacruel at the same time.

Also, combining XD moves and egg moves (Togekiss with Tri attack and Plot), event-only moves and egg moves (Blissey with Wish and Aromatherapy), D/P egg moves and 3rd-gen tutor moves (Azumarill with Ice Punch and Aqua Jet), and 4th-gen abilities with 3rd-gen tutor/egg moves on pokemon that don't evolve (Kangaskhan w/ Scrappy and Fire Punch) or that need to fully evolve before learning a tutor move (Breloom w/ Thunder Punch and Poison Heal) is illegal.

In addition, if they start to give out events with special moves on D/P that still exist in previous generations, then 3rd-gen tutor moves (as well as egg moves, obviously) will be illegal on them, too.

There are such things as illegal movesets?

do you mean stuff that was AR hacked or something? I mean if I saw a Blastoise with Fire Blast I'm gonna call Shenanigans on that but what?

There are such things as illegal movesets?

do you mean stuff that was AR hacked or something? I mean if I saw a Blastoise with Fire Blast I'm gonna call Shenanigans on that but what?
More like using combinations of moves that are technically able to be set up on shoddy, but aren't legal due to how the pokemon learns those moves.

More like using combinations of moves that are technically able to be set up on shoddy, but aren't legal due to how the pokemon learns those moves.
Some of the illegal sets can be made without an AR, but it requires an old copy of Japanese Diamond or Pearl. I made a Belly Drum/Aqua Jet Marill for kicks.

I think this topic can be used to list all the "Common" illegal movesets found by users as they play and then used as a reference for other players

Poison Heal + Thunderpunch Breloom
Leaf Storm + Spikes Roserade
Hypnosis + Brave Bird Crobat
Nasty Plot + Hynosis Crobat
Rapid Spin + Knock Off Tentacruel
Elemental Punches + Rilvary Nidoking/Nidoqueen

These are just a few off the top of my head
Wow, brave bird and hypnosis are illegal on crobat??? I've seen that combo used all the time on Shoddy.

shoddy doesnt reject illegal movesets. in shoddy's thinking: "if a pokémon can learn a move, it doesn't matter if said move is illegal with another move." at least, that the way i like to think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)