Pokemon unfit for LC Analyses

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Below is a list of Pokemon that are not to be given a LC analysis (this is subject to change at any given time).

Code:
Any Pokemon with a Pre-evolution.
Beldum
Burmy
Carvanha
Caterpie
Combee
Feebas
Gligar
Happiny
Igglybuff
Kricketot
Magikarp
Meditite
Mudkip
Nidoran -f 
Nincada
Pidove
Scyther
Slakoth
Sneasel
Sunkern
Tangela
Tynamo
Venipede
Vulpix
Weedle
Wurmple
Yanma

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The reason I'm opening this thread again, is because as of now, 'crappy' Pokemon are not going to get analyses and there will be no joke analyses for LC Pokemon. Yes, this means that the old 'every LC-compatible Pokemon will get an analyses' rule is annulled.

I'm still a bit confused as to the reason that this thread has been opened but I will post my post anyways. I feel like there are pokemon that should be on that list but aren't right now. You mentioned no joke analyses but how far are we willing to go with gimmick analyses?

Here are some of the ones I found and think should be added to that list

Ralts, destiny-room is one of the most useless sets ever not to mention complete taunt bait. I guess it gets trace which makes it not completely outclassed, the same way one would use wigglytuff over lickilicky for its cute charm, it isn't worth it.

Tyrogue, having three priority moves is nifty i guess, especially with guts. The biggest problem is a lack of power except for a slow, predicted hi jump kick and with defenses low enough that other pokemon already on the list surpass it.

Cleffa, magic guard sounds cool until you see that's the only thing going for it. Endeavor as the first set really sets it in stone. it effectively uses fear except without a priority move

I myself think that not all of these Pokémon are to be included in this list. I myself have played with Igglybuff for example a lot lately and it works out quite well.

What is the reason for making several of these Pokémon a part of this list while they do have quite viable sets and do have their characteristic traits and niches.

Nincada and Happiny are examples of these as well as Igglybuff. Every single Pokémon has got their bad points (such as shallow movepools or bad stats) but these are made up for in other ways. One might say that Igglybuff's stats are horrible but actually, in conjunction with a massive 28 HP, its defensive capabilities are not as bad, especially when utilizing something like Wish. Its offensive movepool is shallow, I admit that. However, its supportive movepool is fairly decent, not to say pretty great.

This was my rant :]

I agree with Mike, and Rolen, to certain extents. Certain pokemon such as Ralts should be put here, while pokemon such as Combee and Igglybuff deserve a set as they're not completely useless. I do disagree about Tyrouge going down on the list and I also disagree about Nincada(perhaps also Happiny) leaving the list. It's fairly easy to understand why who and what are on the list, but some have qualities that don't make them complete garbage and are slightly viable in the current LC metagame. Bug/Flying is not a bad typing in a Fighting type infested meta and Purrloin has prankster which gives it a small niche. What's 'viable' can be questioned.... Cept in the case of poor Caterpie.

If you think a Pokemon is viable (and isnt blatantly outclassed by another Pokemon), then test it and provide logs that support your case (preferably in a new analysis thread for that Pokemon, complete with an overview, sets, etc). If it can pass QC and GP, itll go onsite.

i guess what i don't get is why vulpix is here. i mean i get it that it has drought but why not just ban the ability drought and let people use vulpix. now people say that it is entirely outclassed by ponyta or any pokemon with flash fire, but at least vulpix has Extrasensory to take out and it has access to powerswap and overheat. that bugs me though.

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Complex bans

We got the same discussion for Speed Boost the other day. Even if the majority agreed, it's just that we don't have time anymore for suspect tests, because X/Y is coming soon. Power Swap and Overheat aren't the best moves, too, and Fire Blast is stronger in any case against fighting-types. Vulpix is utterly outclassed by Houndour.

I would like Pidove removed from the list please. I will provide some logs soon, but it does get some very interesting moves such as Wish, Detect, U-Turn, Pluck, and other moves I will mention if you'd like, but I didn't want to ramble on and bore you with great moves it gets. Plus, Eviolite boosts its meh defenses to an ok 22 Defense and meh 19 Special Defense. It is viable in my opinion, just has to be used correctly.

Logs so far:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/lc-51428470
Here, Pidove demonstrates how it can pass Wishes, it also uses a great move it learns, Taunt. In a previous battle it survived a +1 Axew Life Orb Outrage, but sadly I forgot to save that battle.

Last edited:

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Wish is cool, but Natu can do the same thing and provide additional support with Magic Bounce. Lickitung is far bulkier than either bird and excels at passing wishes due to its high HP.

Wish is cool, but Natu can do the same thing and provide additional support with Magic Bounce. Lickitung is far bulkier than either bird and excels at passing wishes due to its high HP.
This is true, but Natu has even worse HP, and Lickitung doesn't get Taunt to prevent slower taunt users from taunting it so it cannot succesfully use Wish, I still am supporting that Pidove should get an on-site analysis, while it is outclassed, it is not shit. A good example is Machop, who is outclassed by Timburr Mienfoo and Scraggy, yet it still has it's own analysis. Yeah, I am expecting the DYNACMICPUNCH arguement, but is one move really enough to warrant something so outclassed?

Here it is using Taunt to a great effect, while sadly not being able to be pass a Wish, but doing over half damage with U-Turn.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pidove doesn't need an analysis. Solely being a Wish-passer is NOT a viable niche, especially in the case of Pidove, which is not a very good Wish-passer anyway (I mean, look at your battle; all it did was taunt stall a solosis, U-Turn out after losing 80%, and then dying later.) Pidove can't do anything competitively viable, and absolutely has no place in comparison to other Pokemon that have way larger, more diverse, and more useful niches than Pidove. It's problem is not only that it's outclassed, but also that it can do nothing else other than pass a semi-reliable wish to another teammate and then die. It doesn't need an analysis.

(also: Machop has a lot more going for it than just DynamicPunch. It's outclassed by other Fighting types, sure, but it still has a viable niche as a bulky physical attacker. Pidove does not.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)