C-C-C-COMBO EXHIBITION! SDS vs Alch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ADDED IN: DQ IS 2 DAYS STARTING MAY 15

Challenging Alchemator to the very first...

COMBO EXHIBITION!!!

Rules:

2v2 Singles
Pokemon get 2 Actions per Round
Each Round, a Pokemon must use a 2-action Combo Move. Exception: When you choose to Chill, you chill for both actions. This super-chill heals 30% energy.
Participants are encouraged to state the intended effect of their combination moves, though the referee gets the final say on whether or not the combination works as intended. The Dojo is a good place to test/propose combinations of moves.
You cannot re-use a combination unless the effect of that combination would be different from a prior effect for that combination.
All Abilities
No Items
No Switches
1 "Super-Chill" / 1 Recovery per Pokemon

Arena: The Contest Hall!

A 30x30 square ring with hordes of onlookers watching the battle eagerly. A panel of judges sits at the front of the ring. The special ring is surrounded by a field that prevents any energy from exiting the field- Seismic waves, weather effects, and other forms of energy or projectiles dissipate or disappear on contact with the boundary of the arena. The ground is diggable.

Let's do this!
I accept + combos are cool.

Lairon(*) Shogun (M)

Nature: Adamant (Attack increased by *, Special Attack reduced by *)
Type: Rock / Steel
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm, Earth Power, Earthquake and Magnitude have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 40

EC: 1/9
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Rock Head: (Innate) This Pokemon’s hard body prevents it from taking recoil damage from moves such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, and Head Smash.
Sturdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing damage from an opponents attacks by one (1) damage. The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) damage.
Heavy Metal (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon's body structure is immensely dense, doubling its weight. When it uses a full-body attack or a weight-based attack it will do more damage, and it will be much harder to lift, throw, or knock back.

Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Harden(*)
Mud-Slap(*)
Headbutt(*)
Metal Claw(*)
Iron Defense(*)
Take Down(*)
Double-Edge

Head Smash(*)
Screech(*)
Iron Head(*)

Hone Claws(*)
Earthquake(*)
Shadow Claw(*)
Dig

Breloom (*) Bosshroom (M)

Nature: Adamant (Attack increased by *, Special Attack reduced by *)
Type: Grass / Fighting
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed; Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves, Meditate and Cheer Up have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 6 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 70

EC: 6/6
MC: 1
DC: 4/5

Abilities:
Poison Heal:
(Innate) Pokemon with this ability have internal structures that absorb the toxins in poison and uses them to recover two (2) HP/action instead of taking poison damage. Their Toxic counter will still go up should their ability be disabled.
Effect Spore: (Innate) This Pokemon has a stockpile of defensive spores which it realeases on opponents who strike with contact attacks. There is a 10% chance each of poison, paralysis, and sleep. When disabled, the Pokemon's Powder attacks are 10% more accurate.
Technician (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).

Attacks:
Absorb(*)
Tackle(*)
Stun Spore(*)
Leech Seed(*)
Mega Drain(*)
Headbutt(*)
Poisonpowder(*)
Spore
Mach Punch
Counter
Force Palm

Bullet Seed(*)
Drain Punch(*)
Seed Bomb(*)

Swords Dance(*)
Facade(*)
Double Team(*)

Paradiso - Archeops (F)

Nature: Lonely (Attack increased by *, Defense reduced by *)
Type: Rock / Flying
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm, Earth Power, Earthquake and Magnitude have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon, Heat Wave, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Twister, Whirlwind have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

Atk: Rank 6(+)
Def: Rank 2(-)
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 112

DC: 0/0

Abilities:
Defeatist: (Innate) The Pokemon tires from prolonged battles easily, and deals 3 less damage once below 50% of its maximum HP. Once Defeatist is active, attacks cost two (2) less energy. If the Pokemon goes back above 50% of its maximum HP in battle, Faint-Hearted's effects will dissapear.

Attacks:
Quick Attack
Leer
Wing Attack
Rock Throw
Double Team
Scary Face
Pluck
AncientPower
Agility
Quick Guard
Acrobatics
Crunch

Head Smash
Earth Power
Defog

Claw Sharpen
Taunt
Stone Edge

Claydol [Clive] (N/A)
Nature: Modest (Adds * to Special Attack, subtracts * from Attack)

Type:
Ground / Psychic:
[Ground] Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
[Psychic] Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 2 (-)
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 75

DC: N/A

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Attacks:
Confusion (*)
Harden (*)
Rapid Spin (*)
Mud Slap (*)
Psybeam (*)
Rock Tomb (*)
Selfdestruct (*)
Ancient Power (*)
Earth Power (*)
Power Share (*)
Heal Block (*)
Ice Beam (*)
Psychic (*)
Rock Polish (*)
Teleport
Calm Mind

Elgyem [Alchemator] (M)
Nature: Quiet (Adds * to Special Attack, a 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on an opponent's attacks.)

Type:
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 25 (30*0.85v)

EC: 1/6
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Telepathy: (Innate) This Pokemon has a mental link with its allies in multiple allies, allowing it to avoid taking damage from attacks that affect the whole field like Earthquake and Surf.
Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Analytic (DW): (Can be Enabled)
If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attack has +5% (flat) more accuracy do two (2) more damage. However, the opponents attacks have +10% (flat) accuracy.

Attacks:
Confusion
Growl
Heal Block
Miracle Eye
Psybeam
Headbutt
Hidden Power [Fighting] [7]
Imprison
Disable
Nasty Plot
Teleport
Psyshock
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Recover
Psychic

Okay, SDS goes post first mon, then Alch posts first mon + orders, and after that, SDS orders!

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok Clive, you're up!

Let's start this off with a bang, using an Ice Beam + Psychic combo to first shoot out some ice, then manipulate it into an uppercutting motion!

If he tries anything with Crunch, I want you to instead use a combination of Rapid Spin + Harden to negate it.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, let's try this. Get fancy with an Agility + Acrobatics combination to rush in, pound him hard, and then get out before he can retaliate, hopefully reducing or negating the damage that his combo deals!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Clive
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Ice Beam + Psychic

Paradiso (F)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Agility + Acrobatics

---------------------------------------------------------

Round 1: Let's Get Colorful!

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME C-C-C-C-COOOOOMBOES????? (btw if you see a squiggly under COOOOOMBOES and attempt to edit it with a right-click, you'll get "BOOMBOXES")

So here we are, at the ever-so-lovely Contest Hall! We got Clive here waiting for Paradiso to make his snazzy move. I wonder what it will be?

Wait, WHERE DID SHE GO? She like... vanished. Oh, she's already at Clive's spot and LOOK AT CLIVE SPINNING AROUND LIKE A MAD SPINNING BALL! That huge slap to the face could only have been from an Agility + Acrobatics combo! From there, she's attempting to fly back to her spot with her hastened pace. Clive's attempting to lock on to the filthy bird... will it do it? Out from the doll's move comes an Ice Beam that hits only parts of Paradiso - her lower back area to be more exact with parts of her tail. As the beam freezes the areas, Clive gets ready for the finishing touch! With Psychic powers, Clive makes some kind of uppercutting motion that chops through the ice and breaks it into a billion pieces! Oof, that looks like it had to hurt!

Poor Clive has to live with being a 90 HP trolled doll. =(

Clive
HP: 68
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Paradiso (F)
HP: 76
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: +1 Spe
Others:

Clive

Ice Beam + Psychic:
10 + (4-3 x 1.5) x 1.5 = [17 Damage] [7 Energy]
9 + 3 + (4-3 x 1.5) = [14 Damage] [6 Energy]
It was a chipped hit for Ice Beam, but the Psychic hit should still be full.
5 + (4-3 x 1.5) x 1.5 = [10 Damage]
Adding in a random number between 2-5 for both sides... turns out to be 3 for both
[24 Damage] [16 Energy]

Paradiso
Agility + Acrobatics:
+2 Spe [7 Energy]
11 + 3 + (5-4 x 1.5) + (1-0 x 1.0) = [22 Damage] [6 Energy]
+ randomed number 2-5 (fast hit from agility's momentum part i guess) turns out to be 5 for damage, 2 for energy
[22 Damage] [15 Energy]
Agility lowers to +1 Spe

SDS's actions!

Alchemator

Bumping for SDS' sake.

Also I'm going to set the DQ at 2 days starting from now, it isn't specified in the OP.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Combine Pluck and Crunch to grab the Claydol and fling it as high into the air as you can! It should do some solid damage on the impact, and then some more damage when the Claydol crashes into the ground! (Levitate probably wouldn't save it, as the effects of gravity would overpower the gentle lift of Levitate)

Alchemator

Ok, let's do this.

I want you to use Rock Tomb to create a protective shelter around yourself, then fling that at Archeops with Ancientpower!

Rock Tomb ~ Ancientpower

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Clive
HP: 68
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Rock Tomb + AncientPower

Paradiso (F)
HP: 76
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: +1 Spe
Others:

Actions: Pluck + Crunch

Round 2: Bird Trapping! CAUTION!

As the two recover from their latest combo, the audience wildly cheer on their favorite contender. "HOLY CRAP THAT WAS LIKE HELLA HOT CLIVE!" "PARADISO! DO THAT AAGGGAAAAAAAAAAIN!!!" Sadly for them, I think it's game over for their dreams. Paradiso doesn't repeat her latest combo and instead goes lightning all over Clive! PLUCK! CRUNCH! MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH! Look at that! Her fangs are biting down hard! (-1 Def for Clive) And with her fangs still stuck, she attempts to carry the 238.1 lbs piece of clay with her measly 70.5 lbs of girly weight! She does extraordinary manage to pick Clive a little high... until she suddenly falls straight onto the ground with Clive! As they are falling, Clive pulls off a Rock Tomb trap barrier... from where may you ask? The Contest Hall has finely constructed ceilings in which Pokemon can summon their needs from! It's no wonder my Luvdisc could use Surf while doing some Beauty contests! (Although... I think I regret that.) As the Rock Tomb tumbles downward and crashes onto both Paradiso AND Clive (-1 Spe for both), the clay doll summons the power of the ancients within the fallen rocks to swarm tighter together! The rocks cram even closer onto the trapped pair, crushing them with delight (+1 all stats for Clive)... and the audience moan in anger at how they're missing all the action! Definitely not worth their money!

edit: having some oddities happening. so the second move of a combo will get the drops/boosts while the first move of a combo will not. in this case, the rock tomb speed drops are nullified.

Clive
HP: 25
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: +1 Atk/SpA/SpD/Spe (112.5 ~ 113 Spe)
Others:

Paradiso (F)
HP: 52
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Clive

Rock Tomb + AncientPower:
5 + (2-2 x 1.5) x 1.5 = [8 Damage/4 Energy]
6 + (4-3 x 1.5) x 1.5 = [11 Damage/4 Energy]
TOTAL
[19 Damage/8 Energy]
ADDITIONAL EFFECTS
Clive got hit by the Rock Tomb for 5 Damage and has -1 Spe
AncientPower further puts the pain into both mons. 7 Damage
Clive's stats are all raised by +1 (basically negating Rock Tomb's -Spe) < This didn't really do anything actually
Paradiso, with her Agility worn off
Adding in a random number between 1-5 for both Damage and Energy... Damage is 5 and Energy is 2
[24 Damage] [10 Energy]

Paradiso
Pluck + Crunch:
6 + 3 + (5-4 x 1.5) + 1 (for the 6 star) = [12 Damage/4 Energy]
8 + (5-4 x 1.5) + 1 x 1.5 = [16 Damage] [6 Energy]
TOTAL
[28 Damage/10 Energy]
ADDITIONAL EFFECTS
Fangs digged enough for -1 Def of Clive
Adding in a random number between 1-5 for both Damage and Energy... Damage is 3 and Energy is 1
[31 Damage] [11 Energy]

Sorry Alch that the barrier didn't really work out; Paradiso's a bit too fast when the round begun (168 in fact, more than double of 75)!

Alch's actions!

Alchemator

:(

Psychic to throw it onto the ground, combined with Earth Power to blast it back up again.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Clive
HP: 25
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: +1 Atk/SpA/SpD/Spe (112.5 ~ 113 Spe)
Others:

Actions: Psychic to ground + Earth Power

Paradiso (F)
HP: 52
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Acrobatics + Wing Attack

Round 3: Clive's "Last Will"!

Due to the rocks blinding everyone's view, they had to be removed. So yeah, Paradiso and Clive are in full view now! Woot woot!

It's strange that Clive is now faster than the bird who once outsped it by more than 2x! That said, Clive seeks to pursue its last will of getting a big smacking hit and Psychics Paradiso's guts to the ground and emits a trembling, terrible noise from the underground. How's it doing both of these events at once is beyond me, but it is! As Paradiso is crammed onto the ground, the earth cracks open through the Contest Hall's floor and powers right through Paradiso's body! What a horrible sight to see! She's forced against her will to evade the attack, that poor bird. As she's hit, Paradiso seems much more worn down than usual. This must be her ability - Defeatist - in activity! What a defeatist! She seems to still be breathing after being hit, however, and gets ready for revenge! She gets into the air and swoops downward at Clive for a Acrobatics + Wing Attack assault! It was a fancy combination. The wings gracefully smack Clive around while the Acrobatics part made several parts of Clive's dirt body chip off rapidly. After the performance has been made, Clive is no more than a inanimate doll! But still, some parts of its dirt carries on and its eyes suddenly snap wide open. It's still alive!

Clive
HP: 1
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Paradiso (F)
HP: 12
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Defeatist activated

Clive

Psychic + Earth Power:
9 + 3 + (1.5) + (1.5) = [15 Damage] [6 Energy]
9 + 3 + (1.5) + (1.5) x 1.5 = [23 Damage/6 Energy]
TOTAL
[38 Damage/12 Energy]
ADDITIONAL EFFECTS
nothing really
Adding in a random number between 1-5 for both Damage and Energy... Damage is 2 and Energy is 1
[40 Damage] [13 Energy]

Paradiso
Defeatist says "3 less damage", which means to be it's added at the end of the calcs. "Base Attack Power" would be at the start.
Acrobatics + Wing Attack:
11 + 3 + (1.5) + (1) - (Defeatist) = [14 Damage/4 Energy]
6 + 3 + (1.5) + (1) - (Defeatist) = [9 Damage/1 Energy]
TOTAL
[23 Damage/5 Energy]
ADDITIONAL EFFECTS
nothing really
Adding in a random number between 1-5 for both Damage and Energy... Damage is 1 and Energy is 5
[24 Damage] [10 Energy]

lol I thought Clive was dead! I'm going over this again.
edit: Yeah, maybe if the RNG did more than add +1 this wouldn't need to happen. Maybe I should... sneak in a damage...

SDS's actions!

Alchemator

A light Earth Power below yourself and then a Selfdestruct to go out firework-style!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Clive
HP: 1
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: roll over and die... or try to Earth Power BOOM!

Paradiso (F)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Defeatist activated
Actions: Quick Attack + Agility

Round 4: Clive's True Last Will!

With supreme speed and beauty, Paradiso quickly closes the distance between her and Clive and attacks the pretty much dead clay doll with fierce agility! The attack was so fast I didn't even see what happened! Clive just "uhh" and faints. Looks like it was about to pull a fast one on this here Paradiso! I saw the ground splitting a bit... and some energy fusing in its body...

Clive
HP: ow
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Paradiso (F)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: +2 Spe
Others:
Defeatist activated

Clive

rolled over and fainted

Paradiso
Quick Attack + Agility:
4 + (1.5) + (1) - (Defeatist) = [4 Damage/1 Energy]
[5 Energy]
TOTAL
[4 Damage/6 Energy]
ADDITIONAL EFFECTS
+2 Spe remains!
Adding in a random number between 1-5 for both Damage and Energy... Damage is 3 and Energy is 1
[7 Damage] [7 Energy]

k, go Alchemator!

ALCH COMMANDS ALCH!

edit: for some odd reason, yes you can!

Alchemator

If I can evolve Alch without taking an action, then...

Beheeyem [Alchemator] (M)
Nature: Quiet (Adds * to Special Attack, a 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on an opponent's attacks.)

Type:
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 6 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 25 (30*0.85v)

EC: 5/6
DC: 2/5

Abilities:
Telepathy: (Innate) This Pokemon has a mental link with its allies in multiple allies, allowing it to avoid taking damage from attacks that affect the whole field like Earthquake and Surf.
Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Analytic (DW): (Can be Enabled)
If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attack has +5% (flat) more accuracy do two (2) more damage. However, the opponents attacks have +10% (flat) accuracy.

Attacks:
Confusion
Growl
Heal Block
Miracle Eye
Psybeam
Headbutt
Hidden Power [Fighting] [7]
Imprison
Disable
Nasty Plot
Teleport
Psyshock
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Recover
Psychic

Otherwise I'm fecked, but whatever.

Use a combination of Psybeam and Confusion to melt his brain!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Mmkay, yeah, it's been 2 days. I do want to give SDS like 1 more days overtime, but in case he doesn't...

Rewards!

Alchemator > 2 TCs
-Clive > 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC
-Alchemator >
1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC

Seven Deadly Sins > 2 TCs
-
Paradiso > 1 KOC | 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC

Flora > 2 Ref Tokens

(this can be reversed if SDS posts :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)