dogfish44 vs -Charmander- (1v1 Singles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules:
dogfish44 said:
DQ: 1 Day per person / 3 Days per ref

0 Recovers/ Unlimited Chills

Arena: The Breathing Forest - Acres of trees litter the arena, covered by a giant Baobab tree. The vines underneath sway in the wind, and inscts litter the branches of trees. Rain falls every third round incredibly heavily, obscuring all vision, making attacks less than accurate, and causing flooding on the lower levels. If it isn't flooded, you can find vitually every berry in existence on the ground. If it floods, they'll float downhill. During floods, you take an effective hit from a Surf each action, and the same but with an increased base power if you're on the ground mid flood.
-Charmander- said:
accepting

no abilities or items

Kakuna [Trouser Snake] (Male) (*)
Nature: Adamant

Type:
Poison/Bug: Bug STAB; Anger Powder, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Spore, Stun Spore, Roost have Energy Cost reduced by one (1), Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

Kakuna
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 0 (-)
SpD: Rank 1
Spe: 45

EC: 3/5
MC: 1
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Shield Dust: (Innate) This Pokemon has dust covering the outside of its body that prevents opponents secondary effects from taking place (eg burn from Flamethrower). It does not block direct status moves (such as Thunder Wave.)
Run Away (DW - NOT ACTIVATED): (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and can evade any traps in an arena. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to escape from trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.

Attacks:
String Shot (*)
Poison Sting (*)
Bug Bite (*)
Harden

Slakoth [smashlloyd20] (M)

Nature: Adamant

Type:

Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Stats:

Slakoth
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 30

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:

Truant: (Innate) This Pokemon is naturally lazy, and only attacks twice every round, forsaking a middle action. It recovers 3% energy during each Truant turn.

Attacks:
Scratch
Yawn
Encore
Slack Off
Faint Attack
Amnesia
Return
Rock Slide
Shadow Claw
Hammer Arm
Tickle
Body Slam

Since the stage of sending out Pokemon is superfluous when there is only 1 Pokemon per side, I'll skip straight to telling -Charmander- to go first.

not sure how, but we're slower than him!

Use Yawn. If he uses Harden or String Shot, use Encore instead. End with Body Slam and Return.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Use String Shot on a tree and pull yourself out of the range of an Encore/Yawn.

If encored, start using string shot to tie him down to the ground twice. If not, use the return swing from that String Shot you just launched and swing back into him with a supercharged Tackle, then disconnect from the string shot Poison Sting it in its face.

OoC: All right, I've got to make a few calls here, since Charmander has broken the substitution rule and Dogfish44 has moved before he changed it. This call needs to be made because Encore is a largely auditory move, so the String Shot certainly wouldn't make it so that Kakuna wouldn't be affected. Therefore, I have decided to rule that the substitution fails and that Slakoth uses Yawn instead. Furthermore, Yawn is also an auditory move, so String Shot will not allow Kakuna to dodge Yawn. Finally, concerning the combination of String Shot + Tackle, it will allow Tackle to hit at normal Base Power; after all, Kakuna doesn't even know the move, so it would've landed with less Base Power if it improvised it without that kind of boost. Both moves will execute at their ordinary times. Now, to the actual match.

Before Round 1:
Trouser Snake the Kakuna [Dogfish44]

Energy: 100
Atk: **
Def: **
SAtk:
SDef: *
Speed: 45
Boosts/Drops: None
Status Conditions: None

smashlloyd20 the Slakoth [-Charmander-]

Atk: ***
SAtk: *
SDef: **
Speed: 30

Two Trainers squared off in the Breathing Forest, both of them experienced veterans. One would expect two tremendous Pokemon to duke it out here, but instead a Slakoth and a Kakuna came to duke it out. Trouser Snake, the Kakuna, used String Shot to swing to the tree in an attempt to avoid the incoming Yawn, but to no avail - smashlloyd20 (the Slakoth)'s Yawn was still heard.
Drowsy or not, Trouser Snake swung around to slam into the Slakoth with an improvised Tackle, dealing some damage. The following attack was certainly powerful; the Body Slam was an incredible hit.
Before the sloth could weak up, Trouser Snake detached from its String Shot to use Poison Sting, which infected the furry beast. In Return, smashlloyd20 lashed out with all the strength it had, but he couldn't recieve the boost he desired; he also felt the hurt from poison. Oddly enough, Trouser Snake didn't even attempt to shrug off the hit; he was asleep!
"All right, Trainers!" the referee cried. "Time to take a quick break. I'll tell you how your Pokemon are doing, and we can get back to business."

After Round 1:

HP: 63
Energy: 91
SAtk:
Status Conditions: Light Sleep

HP: 76
Energy: 82
Status Conditions: Poison

- Trouser Snake uses String Shot to tree (hit). 4 Energy
- smashlloyd20 uses Yawn (hit). 6 Energy, Trouser Snake drowsy
- Trouser Snake swings around to hit smashlloyd20 (hit). 5 DMG, 3 Energy
- smashlloyd20 uses Body Slam (hit). 14 DMG, 6 Energy
- Trouser Snake uses Poison Sting (hit). 7 DMG, 2 Energy, smashlloyd20 Poisoned
- smashlloyd20 uses Return (hit). 13 DMG, 6 Energy, 2 poison DMG

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Whilst you're asleep, follow nature's instincts and Harden as you "hibernate". Upon waking up, Bug Bite, then use String Shot to tie it down to the ground. You know, like it isn't already slow.

Let's start with a nice Return. Then, take the Bug Bite like a man and hit it with a Body Slam. Go on top of it so it can't String Shot you to the ground next action. End with a Return on it!

OoC: Gawd, guys, I keep having to make calls. This could be routine, but nooooo, you guys have to make it hard. /unsarcasm. At least this isn't R1. Dogfish44, your sleeping Harden fails on two grounds: One, that Pokemon can't think consciously while asleep; two, that Kakuna is in a sleep that is in no way a hibernation. Also, Charmander, I'd have to say no to the Body Slam dodge, because it would be hard to balance on top of Kakuna, since it would be awake (thus, vertical).

Before Round 2:

HP: 63
Energy: 91
SAtk:

HP: 76
Energy: 82

Deep within the Breathing Forest, a ***** (wait, it's an insect?!?) and a sloth faced off again as the duel between Dogfish and Charmander continued. Well, to some extent... the cocoon was snoozing, and unable to move. The sloth took action with surprising speed, using Return to drop the hammer on the bug. However, the bug awoke, and smashlloyd20 suffered from the earlier poisoning delivered thereby.
Finally, the bug is in action. Trouser Snake, that deadly Bug, Bit smashlloyd20 (to the dismay of all flavor logic) for some damage. However, the Body of a sloth Slammed the poor insect, leaving it somewhat dazed, but not paralyzed. smashlloyd20 tried to stay on Trouser Snake, but to no avail; the lumpy, thin object was simply too difficult to balance on.
Trouser Snake was certainly ready to immobilize smashlloyd20 with a String Shot, pinning one of its forepaws to the ground and slowing it down. However, the incredibly short range still allowed smashlloyd20 to Return the favor and deal impressive damage.
"All right, Trainers! Hold up; you can continue your battle later. Be ready, though: the FLOODS ARE COMING!!"

Before Round 2:

HP: 19
Energy: 84
SAtk:
Status Conditions: Light Sleep

HP: 61
Energy: 60
Boosts/Drops: -1 Speed, right foreleg bound (not particularly strong, this).

- Trouser Snake is sleeping...
- smashlloyd20 uses Return (hit). 15 DMG, 10 Energy, 2 poison DMG
- Trouser Snake uses Bug Bite (hit). 9 DMG, 3 Energy
- smashlloyd20 uses Body Slam (hit). 14 DMG, 6 Energy, 2 poison DMG
- Trouser Snake uses String Shot (hit). smashlloyd20's arm bound, Speed -1 stage, 4 Energy
- smashlloyd20 uses Return (hit). 15 DMG, 6 Energy, 2 poison DMG

That's completely fine Terrador.
smashlloyd20, we're doing great here! I want you to use Scratch to cut the String Shot from your leg. Then, climb a tree and grab on tight. Lastly, if Kakuna is in range, use Return. Otherwise, use Yawn.

Scratch String Shot ~ Climb tree and hold on right ~ Return if in range or Yawn if not.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Yeah, Kakuna? Who wants to practice running!

Get a String Shot to one of the higest branches of the tree and hang there using that String Shot. Then, when Slakoth tries to climb the tree, try to knock him back down it with a Poison Sting. Finish up with Harden.

OoC: I have to make calls every round here. The Surfs will be from 3 SAtk, unSTABd. +3 BP when the mon in question is on the ground at the beginning (read: since the flood is throughout round 3, it follows that the initial Surf would be at the beginning of the round) of the action, and crits will be rolled. Finally, I won't let Poison Sting stop smashlloyd20's climb, namely because Charmander said to climb "a tree" and not "the tree". Wait... down by the beginning of A2? Whoa.

Before Round 2:
Trouser Snake the Kakuna
[Dogfish44]

HP: 19
Energy: 84
SAtk:

HP: 61
Energy: 60
Boosts/Drops: -1 Speed, right foreleg bound (not particularly strong, this).

Wet, wet, everywhere
There is water in your hair
Kakuna is screwed

Down, down, goes the bug
Before either party strikes
Charmander has won!

Rewards:
-Charmander-: 2 TC, 1 EC for smashlloyd20, 2 MC for smashlloyd20, 1 DC for smashlloyd20, 1 KOC for smashlloyd20
Dogfish44: 2 TC, 1 EC for Trouser Snake, 2 MC for Trouser Snake, 1 DC for Trouser Snake
Terrador14: 2 RC

- Surf hits Trouser Snake (hit). 16 DMG
- Surf hits smashlloyd20 (hit). 15 DMG
- Trouser Snake uses String Shot to climb to the highest branches of the Baobab Tree (success). 4 Energy
- smashlloyd20 uses Scratch to break the bulk of the String Shot (success). 1 Energy
- Surf hits Trouser Snake (hit). 13 DMG (Trouser Snake KO'd)

I would sig that beautiful poem if I had room <3
This was a fun battle. The water kind of screwed everyone but it was fun!
Terrador, amazing reffing :D
I've said it all on IRC.

I actually stole the rhythym for the poem from Hetalia's theme song. Yeah, the water was a bit overkill; once every three rounds would have been better. I kind of wish that you'd played with items on; the Berries would have been fun. GG to the both of you.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Ummm..... I was up a tree? How did the floods hit me? The entire point of the string shot was for that to be advoided.

Also, Poison sting has 2 interpretations - The close range stab variant and the variant where the attack is shot a fairly long distance.

Regardless, I'm practical and I'll be taking the EC to get myself a beedrill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)