Darkamber8828 vs. Flora [Ref: Acklow]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Welcome to the Lakeshore Soiree

I apologize for being a tad late with all of this, but I've finally posted up the battle!! ^-^

3 vs 3
3 day DQ
No recoveries, 5 chills per pokemon

Arena: On the shore of a lake. The lake provides plenty of accessible water for any water attacks, while the land is soft enough to dig under. The land also has grass growing and there are a few trees and large rocks here and there. The Pokemon in this area are timid, so they will not be interfering with the battle.

Need to test some mechanics changes.

@ below: nyuffmarfle.

I will be the testing subject!

Switch=KO, 1 ability, no items.

Palpitoad (*) Squashy (F)
Nature: Rash (Adds * to Special Attack; Subtracts * From Special Defense)
Type: Water / Ground

Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:
Swift Swim: (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.

Hydration: (Innate) This Pokemon absorbs water during the rain to heal any status effects afflicting this Pokemon.

Water Absorb: (DW, not activated) (Innate) This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recovering 50% of the damage the water attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with water to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 69

EC: 8/9
MC: 0
DC: 4/5

Attacks:
Bubble
Growl
Supersonic
Round
BubbleBeam
Mud Shot
Aqua Ring
Uproar
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump

Mud Bomb
Earth Power
Refresh

Toxic
Surf
Sludge Wave

Politoed [Ruckingfain] (Female)

Nature: Modest (+1 to Special Attack, -1 Attack)

Type: Water

Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 70

(+1 to Special Attack, -1 to Attack)

EC: 9/9
MC: 1
DC: 5/5

Abilities

Water Absorb: (Innate) This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recovering 50% of the damage the water attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with water to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself.

Damp: (Innate) This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.

Drizzle: (DW, Activated) (Innate) When this Pokemon is sent out it summons a massive rainstorm into the field that does not end, expending 10% of its energy to do so.

Attacks

Water Sport
Bubble
Hypnosis
Water Gun
DoubleSlap
Rain Dance
Bubblebeam
Hydro Pump

Refresh
Encore
Mud Shot

Surf
Ice Beam
Hidden Power (Grass, 7 BP, 5 energy)
Toxic

Lotad [Yodawg] (Male)

Nature: Modest (+1 to Special Attack, -1 Attack)

Type: Water/Grass

Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 30

(+1 to Special Attack, -1 to Attack)

EC: 2/9
DC: 0/5

Abilities

Swift Swim: (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.

Rain Dish: (Innate) This Pokemon collects water in the rain and absorbs it into its body, healing two (2) HP/action.

Own Tempo: (DW, not activated) (Innate) This Pokemon moves at its own pace and cannot be confused by any method.

Attacks
Astonish
Growl
Absorb
Nature Power
Mist
Natural Gift
Mega Drain
Bubblebeam

Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Counter

Surf
Ice Beam
Toxic

Tropius (Grand Geneva) (F)
Nature: Brave (+Atk, -Spe).

Type:
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Stats:
HP: 110
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 43 (-)

EC: N/A
DC: 0/5

Ability:
Chlorophyll: (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.
Solar Power: (Innate) When in bright sunlight, this Pokemon burns solar energy and 1 HP/action to increase the Base Attack Power of all their special attacks by two (2).
Harvest (DW): (Innate) At the end of each round, this Pokemon recylces a held berry that was consumed during that round. If the Berry can be activated again, it will do so on the first action of the next round. If a berry cannot be recycled, Harvest will not regrow it. The Berry is consumed at the end of the battle.

Attacks:
Leer
Gust
Growth
Razor Leaf
Stomp
Sweet Scent

Earthquake
Fly
Toxic
Giga Drain

Leech Seed
Leaf Blade
Synthesis

Roselia (Marigold) (F)
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk).

Type:
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
Spe: 65

EC: 6/9
MC: 2
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Natural Cure: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time. It goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.
Poison Point: (Can be Disabled) This Pokemon’s spikes/quills/thorns are coated in poison, and there is a 30% chance of poisoning any foe that uses a contact attack on this Pokemon. When disabled, all of this Pokemon's Poison-type attacks will inflict Toxic level poison.
Leaf Guard (DW): (Innate) In bright sunlight the Pokemon is surrounded by a faint green glow. The glow protects it from all permanent and temporary status conditions.

Attacks:
Absorb
Growth
Poison Sting
Water Sport
Stun Spore
Mega Drain
Leech Seed
Magical Leaf
Grasswhistle
Giga Drain
Worry Seed
Ingrain
Aromatherapy
Synthesis
Toxic Spikes

Energy Ball
Venoshock
Shadow Ball
Sunny Day
Rain Dance

Extrasensory
Sleep Powder
Leaf Storm

Colosshale (Orchid) (F)
Nature: Adamant (Adds * to Attack; Subtracts * from Special Attack).

Type: Dark/Water
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 85

EC: 4/6
MC: 1
DC: 2/5

Abilities:
Rebound: (Innate) When this Pokemon is released into battle, it senses the hazards the opponent has laid on the field and thrusts them to the other side of the arena where they will affect the opponent's Pokemon. The Pokemon does not suffer the effects of these hazards when it switches in.
Storm Drain: (Innate) This Pokemon lures all water attacks to itself, altering their course away from partner Pokemon. It absorbs the water and increases its Special Attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Heat Rampage (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon's Body can harness the heat from a burn into internal energy, fueling its mental capabilities. When Burned, the Pokemon's special attacks do two (2) more damage.

Attacks:
Leer
Tackle
Mud Shot
Rapid Spin
Bubblebeam
Mud Bomb
Pursuit
Dig

Earthquake
Taunt
U-turn

Encore
Sucker Punch
Aqua Tail

Can I say that this matchup is certainly going to be a little one-sided? WE'LL SEE....HOWEVER....WHO WILL WIN THIS MATCH!!!!

You guys know the drill.

DA mon. Flora mon and actions. DA actions. I ref. Rinse and Repeat.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Eeeehhhh, no banana tree for now.

GO MARIGOLD! You're with Poison Point!

Begin by Giga Draining and then Giga Drain again and end with Sleep Powder! (amazing actions)

Giga Drain - Giga Drain - Sleep Powder

(i am a practice testing subject right)

Dammit.

Hypnosis until it hits, then spam Ice Beam! Sleep or be slept!

Originality, I can do originality.

(wait how the hell does that thing have more spa than i do)

(also you'd think you'd have learned the last time i counterteamed your counterteaming)

(also I want freezehax)

Acklow

I'm assuming, DA, that Politoed will be running Drizzle for this match?

Ruckingfain the Politoed
Modest @ Drizzle
Health: 100
Energy: 100%
Boosts/Drops: N/A
Other: N/A

Marigold the Roselia
Modest @ Poison Point

Round 1 Begin!

Welcome to this afternoon's matchup between Darkamber and Flora! These two lively contesters are going to be facing off in a wonderful flurry of Pokemon skirmishes on the lakeshore battle arena. Your commentator for today is yours truly, Acklow. As a representative of Acklow's Berry Pies, I encourage you to take a look at our products during the intermission and commercial breaks.

And now it seems the battle is just about to start! The trainer, Darkamber, wearing a long blue cape, as blue as the water next to him, seems to be grimacing. According to an interview done earlier today, DA said this about his opponent: "Crap Flora...crap..." It seems that Darkamber is quite unsure about the situation currently. Flora, on the other hand seemed to be in a lighter mood, stating that she really didn't have an idea of what to bring, since DA had, "evolved and unevolved mons." Just look at her smile!

Well folks, it seems that the trainers have finally decided what Pokemon they plan on using. Darkamber has tossed out his first Pokeball. It seems to be a Great Ball, and it was thrown quite aggressively! Just look at that arc! Take a look at that! It seems that DA's first Pokemon is Ruckingfain the Politoed!! Wait, did you just hear that? There seems to be some sort of cloud coverage in the sky right now, folks...in fact...it's RAINING!!! Whoa, didn't see that coming! What does Flora have in reply? Well it looks like she just tossed out a Luxury Ball...wonder where she got that. Out comes a Roselia. Folks this Roselia must be none other than Marigold the Roselia!!! She looks deadly, yet beautiful, brandishing those thorns. By looking at these first two Pokemon, it is apparent that we are going to be in for a wild ride!

Ruckingfain starts the battle off by staring into her opponent's eyes in a Hypnotic fashion. Lulling the flower Pokemon to sleep,Marigold falls into a deep sleep!! Unfortunately, Marigold is unable to do anything due to it sleeping.

Taking advantage of her opponent's incapacitated state, Ruckingfain begins to cool the air around her. Forcing the air to freeze (thanks to the vapor caused by the rain), Ruckingfain fires an Ice Beam straight at Marigold. Marigold, still asleep, is unable to do a single thing.

Finishing this round, Ruckingfain fires another Ice Beam. Marigold suddenly wakes up, feeling the chill of a critical hit! She quickly regains her consciousness and quickly fires a cloud of Sleep Powder at Ruckingfain. Ruckingfain's nostrils(?) fill with the scent of chamomile and she falls into a light sleep.

END ROUND 1

Field Effects:

It is Raining, and it does not seem likely that it will end soon.​

Ruckingfain the Politoed
Modest @ Drizzle
Energy: 76%

Marigold the Roselia
Modest @ Poison Point
Health: 62
Energy: 93%

Action 1: Politoed used Hypnosis. Hypnosis puts Roselia to sleep! Roselia falls into a Deep Sleep (2 Actions)
Roselia is asleep!
Action 2: Politoed used Ice Beam. It is Super Effective! Roselia is asleep!
Action 3: Politoed used Ice Beam. It's a Critical Hit! It is Super Effective!
Roselia wakes up. Roselia uses Sleep Powder. Sleep Powder puts Politoed to sleep! Politoed falls into a Light Sleep (1 Action)

So:
Politoed loses 24 Energy
Roselia loses 7 Energy
Roselia loses 34 Health

Acklow, I said that :/

Ice Beam ~ Ice Beam ~ Ice Beam

Encore any non-attacking moves.

38 HP lead, will it be enough?

Giga Drain sucks.

But maybe.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
haha I got really jacked that round!

Okay Marigold, we need to make sure everything goes well here. Take your time first action to move slightly closer toward Ruckingfain and give her a nice Stun Spore! We have to slow her down in order to win. Then, on the second action, retaliate with a Giga Drain. End by Sleep Powdering once again!

Stun Spore - Giga Drain - Sleep Powder

Acklow

It's revenge of the RNG...

Ruckingfain the Politoed
Modest @ Drizzle
Energy: 76%

Marigold the Roselia
Modest @ Poison Point
Health: 62

ROUND 2 BEGIN!

And so the second round of our distinctive matchup begins...Acklow the Sport's Show host is currently watching the next round in order to figure out what is going on. He's a bit busy right now peoples. Meanwhile, it seems that another man, Hercule, a reporter with PNN (Pokemon News Network) has arrived to the scene to describe the details of this round to our ever-curious audience.

This is Hercule, a reporter with the Pokemon News Network, bringing to you live coverage of what seems to be a battle going on between two unusual creatures. Our local authorities have told us that this is, in fact a Pokemon battle. Just a second, I'm getting a call from one of our producers... Wait, what?! This is a battle between Flora and Darkamber? Well why didn't you say so?! Those two are quite famous around these parts, and I'm sure that you viewers at home wouldn't mind watching a bit of the action.

It looks like there's a Politoed, must be Ruckingfain the Ransacking Furious. Apparently she's been snoozing off due to a recent collision with the flowery aroma of Sleep Powder. The cause of this aroma: none other than the infamous Marigold the Golden Mary (seriously, that's what Marigold actually means in English). It looks like Marigold has crept up to the dozing Ruckingfain and is about to drop another dosage of smelly substances. WAIT, WHAT?!! Can you believe your eyes? Marigold was JUST about to use Stun Spore, but Ruckingfain just tossed and turned in her sleep so much so, that she avoided the Stun Spore attack!!! Well isn't that just a nasty turn of events for Marigold!

Ruckingfain seems to be waking up because she fell off a ledge and into the lake water. She doesn't look to angry about having fallen in, but she does not look pleased that she was forced into an intoxicating coma. But noticing that Marigold is being friendly, Ruckingfain begins to clap in tandem with Marigold's footsteps. In fact, it looks like Ruckingfain is giving Marigold an Encore!!! Marigold looks happy about this and tries her Stun Spore attack again. But just like any frog, Ruckingfain uses her long legs to propel herself away from the nasty aroma, avoiding the attack.

With Ruckingfain in mid-air, viewers at home should be advised not to do the following maneuver within their living-space, unless they are professionals. Ruckingfain has just frozen the air around her and fired a ice cold blast of lake water in the form of Ice Beam. The shock of such an attack froze Marigold's flowery petals (one hand), causing a temporary freezing (3 Actions or less if ice is broken/melted). Under a tough strain of the chill to her left flower, Marigold tries to shoot out a Stun Spore at Ruckingfain. Ruckingfain, however, is unable to pull through, and get's enveloped by the cloud of spores. Ruckingfain begins to feel a bit numb around her body, as the paralysis begins to set in (25% Paralysis, degrading by 5% each round)

Well it looks like they are done for now. Hercule, over and out!!

End Round 2

Field Effects:

It is still raining in the arena and it doesn't look like it is about to clear up.​

Ruckingfain the Politoed
Modest @ Drizzle
Energy: 59%

Marigold the Roselia
Modest @ Poison Point
Health: 45
Energy: 72%
Status: One Hand/Flower/whatever is frozen (2 Actions unless broken/melted)

1)Marigold uses Stun Spore. Ruckingfain avoided Stun Spore!
2)Ruckingfain wakes up! Ruckingfain uses Encore. Marigold's Stun Spore has been Encored!!
Marigold uses Stun Spore. Ruckingfain avoided Stun Spore!
3)Ruckingfain uses Ice Beam. It's Super Effective! Marigold's Flowers have been temporarily frozen (Non-attacking moves that use Powders or Spores may not be used)!
Marigold uses Struggle.

Marigold takes 17 Damage. She loses 21 Energy.
Ruckingfain takes 3 Damage. She loses 17 Energy.

Yeah, that was a haxy round, sorry Flora... =(

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Anyway, I'm not mad anymore lol. Figuring out how to get some damage in is cool.

Encore shouldn't stay though.

hydro pump: 12 + 3 + 3 (rainboost) + (1.5) x .67 = 13 Damage
gd: 8 + 3 + (5-4 x 1.5) x 1.5 = 19 damage/9 stolen health | 35 hp marigold and 80 hp toed
gd: 8 + 3 + (5-4 x 1.5) x 1.5 = 19 damage/9 stolen health | 26 hp marigold and 61 hp toed
18 damage
leaf storm: 14 + 3 + (5-4 x 1.5) x 1.5 = 28 damage | 13 hp marigold and 33 hp toed
LS = 23 damage
GD = 14 damage/7 heal

Giga Drain - Giga Drain - Leaf Storm

Acklow

Let me know if you think there should've been some sort of other results. The RNG was choosing the most undesirable numbers for you, and I even gave you an added accuracy chance due to the sleep and your "slow creep" up to Politoed. DA, if you have any opinions on this, let me know as well.

And yes, you're right, Encore should've ended.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
You're right. The thought has been killing me the entire day and something has to be changed. I just can't accept it. And... I want to say that Ice Beam cannot freeze both hands. It's a small beam, and it could only be capable of freezing one. So can you please give Maraigold her third action Stun Spore? All or nothing. I'll attempt to accept it if it misses, but one chance is... "okay".

I...what.

I am all for Stun Spore working, 'cause, y'know, I lucked out there in the extreme.

It sucks that spamming bonuses carry through rounds, but even resisted STABDRIZZLEPUMP hurts...I hope.

Refresh ~ Ice Beam ~ Ice Beam

EDIT: Refresh away the Stun Spore, Hpump was filler to reset the spamming counter anyway.

Acklow

Sorry to post again, but I'm going to be a tad late with the update. I've got a few things irl that are going on that will prevent me from posting it up in the next 1-3 days. I promise that I'll try to update sooner, unless you two want to find a new ref...(please, pretty please don't, I really badly want to ref this battle)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Oh that's alright then Acklow! Take your time unless it's really really really bad! (Unless it's not for DA, but I just finished reffing a match for her so I think it'll be fine!)

Acklow

Alright folks, sorry to keep you two waiting...

Ruckingfain the Politoed
Modest @ Drizzle
Energy: 59%

Marigold the Roselia
Modest @ Poison Point
Health: 45
Energy: 72%
Status: One Hand/Flower/whatever is frozen (2 Actions unless broken/melted)

ROUND 3 COMMENCE!! (Yeah, I'm changing it up, lol)​

This is your host, Acklow, speaking to you live again about the current battle between the two eager trainers known as Darkamber8828 (I didn't even have to reference myself to your username about that number, haha) and Flora. The two trainers have sent out their Pokemon to duke it out at a lakeshore front in the attempts to decide who is the better trainer! Let's look into what has been going on behind the scenes right now.

It looks like Ruckingfain has just been pummeled by a gigantic cloud of paralyzing spores. Marigold just couldn't give up on the chance to impede Ruckingfain's offense. As soon as Ruckingfain let down her defenses, Marigold finally hit the poor Politoed with the nasty status ailment, bringing the frog down to the ground. Seeing her opportunity to finally go offensive, the Roselia decides to start this round off by Giga Draining her opponent. The attack, being super effective against a water-type Pokemon like Ruckingfain, drastically hurts the victim. Ruckingfain, lacking the ability to respond (by feeling the pain that is), to an onslaught like this, begins to secrete her fluids in the form of Refresh!! This move unbinds the Politoed from paralysis, curing her of this ailment instantly.

Ruckingfain now seems to be ready to bring the power to Marigold. She forces the air around her to cool, using the vapor of the lake water to charge her Ice Beam attack, which she directs towards Marigold. Marigold takes the super effective hit, feeling a chill run down her spine (or stem??). Marigold retaliates by using another Giga Drain attack, sapping the life-force from Ruckingfain in a super effective attack!!!

This final action seems like the two Pokemon are going to be down to their last legs. The question is: who will survive the next round after this one? Ruckingfain seems to know the answer, firing another Ice Beam at Marigold, cooling all of that photosynthetic material inside of her. Marigold, knowing that she has little hope left of taking on Ruckingfain's onslaught, begins to summon a powerful Leaf Storm, which slices straight through Ruckingfain's soft and gooey skin. However, this attack drastically lowers Marigold's Special Attack Power! Who will be the victor? Find out in the next round of DA vs. Flora!!!

End Round 3

Field Effects:

It is still raining and it doesn't look like it is going to let up anytime soon (ugh, that's what's going on outside my house right now as I'm typing...talk about irony)​

Marigold used Giga Drain. It's Super Effective! Marigold sapped Ruckingfain's Health!!
Ruckingfain uses Refresh. Ruckingfain is cured of Paralysis!
Ruckingfain uses Ice Beam. It's Super Effective!
Marigold uses Giga Drain. It's Super Effective! Marigold sapped Ruckingfain's Health!!
Ruckingfain uses Ice Beam. It's Super Effective!
Marigold uses Leaf Storm. It's Super Effective! Marigold's Special Attack is sharply lowered!

Ruckingfain takes 66 damage. She loses 22 Energy.
Marigold takes 34 damage. She loses 33 Energy.
Marigold gains 18 health.

Ruckingfain the Politoed
Modest @ Drizzle
Health: 34
Energy: 37%

Marigold the Roselia
Modest @ Poison Point
Health: 29
Energy: 39%
Boosts/Drops: -2 SpAtk

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Sleep Powder - Giga Drain - Leaf Storm

If it's not asleep action two and Hypnosis misses twice, Sleep Powder instead of the Giga Drain.

HIT

Acklow

Sorry for the lateness. I'll try my best not to delay this match this badly.

Ruckingfain the Politoed
Modest @ Drizzle
Health: 34
Energy: 37%

Marigold the Roselia
Modest @ Poison Point
Health: 29
Energy: 39%

ROUND 4 COMMENCE!!!

I apologize for the lack of flavor in this round.

We start of with Ruckingfain trying to put Marigold to sleep with Hypnosis. Unfortunately, Marigold did not make eye contact with Ruckingfain, so she was able to avoid the dangerous endeavor of Ruckingfain. In response, though, Marigold fired Sleep Powder spores at Ruckingfain. Ruckingfain was unable to avoid the attack, thus falling into a Light Sleep (1 action).

As Ruckingfain sleeps, Marigold attacks Ruckingfain with a super effective Giga Drain attack. The attack weakens the poor frog (or toed? lol).

Ruckingfain finally wakes up and smells the coffee, firing an Ice Beam at Marigold. The attack is super effective and lands a critical hit. Marigold seals the deal, however, by causing a Leaf Storm to hit Ruckingfain, ruining the Politoed's chances of winning this matchup.

End Round 4

Field Effects:

Yep, it's still raining.​

Ruckingfain used Hypnosis. Marigold avoided the attack!
Marigold used Sleep Powder. Ruckingfain falls into a Light Sleep (1 action)!
Ruckingfain is asleep!
Marigold used Giga Drain. It is Super Effective! Marigold drains Ruckingfain's health!
Ruckingfain wakes up! Ruckingfain uses Ice Beam. It is Super Effective! It is a Critical Hit!
Marigold uses Leaf Storm. It is Super Effective! Ruckingfain Faints.

Marigold takes 21 Damage. She loses 21 Energy.
Marigold gains 7 Health.
Ruckingfain takes +39 Damage. Basically enough to knock the poor sucker out.

Ruckingfain the Politoed
Modest @ Drizzle
Health: N/A
Energy: N/A

Marigold the Roselia
Modest @ Poison Point
Health: 14
Energy: 17%

Darkamber, send out your next mon. Then Flora's actions followed by Darkamber's actions.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Wow, that was a miracle! Thank god for Marigold! <3 *huggles forever* And thanks for updating Acklow!

Still, that round was still bad with a one action sleep and a critical hit. <_< Ice Beam has critted Marigold twice already...

And I can't do anything about it really. But meh.

Sunny Day - die or Chill if DA doesn't feel like killing you for some reason - Giga Hyper Mega Aeroblast

EDIT (IDK WHERE TO STORE THIS)

----------------------------------

tropius stuff
fly: 9 + 3 + (3) x 1.5 = 23 damage/5 energy
lotad = 90 hp
3 flys = 21 hp
= 1 more fly to kill = 2 rounded

lotad stuff
ice beam: 10 + (0) x 2.25 = 23 damage/7 energy
tropius = 110 hp
3 ice beams = 41 hp
= 2 more ice beams to kill = WIN!

(this will happen if you make lotad wait for tropius to hit lotad, so the last fly will hit your lotad without getting hit; you don't want to try to aim ice beam at tropius in midflight since she "dodges everything" during that time)

<3 tropius

against palpitoad
giga drain: 8 + 3 + (3) x 2.25 = 32 damage/16 heal/11 energy
leaf blade: 9 + 3 + (3) x 2.25 = 34 damage/6 energy

palpitoad's sludge wave: 10 + (1.5) x 1.5 = 17 damage/7 energy

IF palpitoad evolves into seismictoad

HP: 110
Atk: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 74

giga drain: 8 + 3 + (1.5) x 2.25 = 28 damage/14 heal/11 energy
leaf blade: 9 + 3 + (0) x 2.25 = 27 damage/6 energy

palpitoad's sludge wave: 10 + (1.5) x 1.5 = 17 damage/7 energy

41 hp/56 energy (4 consecutive flys) tropius vs seismictoad

giga drain - leaf blade - giga drain vs sludge wave x3

Action 1
giga drain: 82 hp seismictoad | 55 hp tropius
sludge wave: 38 hp tropius

Action 2
leaf blade: 55 hp seismictoad
sludge wave: 21 hp tropius

Action 3
giga drain: 27 hp seismictoad | 35 hp tropius
sludge wave: 18 hp tropius

next round, tropius murders seismictoad with giga drain or leaf blade... but will most likely tickle seismictoad for colosshale food. :)
razor leaf: 6 + 3 + (0) x 2.25 = 20 damage/3 energy

7 hp seismictoad

colosshale's aqua tail: 9 + 3 + (0) = 12 damage/6 energy
or earthquake: 10 + (0) = 10 damage/7 energy

use rain dance, you lose an action DA and will lose anyway ;) supersonic if yer desperate but i'll probably take advantage of it with fly. use rain dance AND supersonic? perhaps if you're lucky enough to keep the luck you're having here (i really hope not).

good game!

Acklow

Marigold the Roselia
Modest @ Poison Point
Health: 14
Energy: 17%

Yodawg the Lotad
Modest @ Rain Dish
Health: 90

LET THE ABNORMAL ROUND 5 COMMENCE!

Today, we will be focusing on the abnormalities of two Pokemon fighting on a field of battle.

First off we have Marigold. The Roselia. Okay, what the heck is that thing on it's head? Spikes? Thorns? I mean honestly, this thing is messed up! Not to mention it has some sort of pseudo-skirt made of a leaf to cover up the possible unusual body parts it may have underneath. What was Game Freak thinking? Are they trying to make Roselia some sort of stereotype Roselia as a female-only Pokemon? I mean, honestly, it wouldn't make any sense if Roselia was male? Roselia just doesn't look "manly" enough to be male...unless Roselia is gay...well then, that's okay. Never mind me, I'm just ranting about Roselia.

Alright now to Lotad. Okay there's something wrong with that thing. It's like as if Lotad's got some sort of beak...or else it has massively huge lips. Not to mention the lily pad stuck to its back. There's got to be some sort of hidden connotation that is going on here. And what the heck does an amphibious duck-monkey-whatever have a third leg? Or is that a tail...I'm not sure what's going on there.

Anyways, to make things short and simple:
Marigold began to smile. She smiled so big that the sun peek out of the clouds. Birds in the sky began chirping, and an old guy began singing a medley. It sure was a zip-a-dee-doo-dah Sunny Day.
Now Yodawg isn't too happy about the sun shine. He liked the rain. It made his depression much greater, which in term made him somehow feel better. He enjoyed feeling depressed I guess. Anyways, he thought Marigold's attitude was slightly annoying so he decided to pummel her with an Ice Beam. Mr. Narwhal decided to tell Marigold good-bye, hoping that someday soon, Marigold would find her dad. Don't know why he called her "buddy" though...

End Round 5

Field Effects:

The Sun is Shining.​

Marigold uses Sunny Day. The Sun began to shine!
Yodawg used Ice Beam. It is Super Effective!
Marigold fainted!

Yodawg loses 7 Energy

Marigold the Roselia
Modest @ Poison Point
Health: N/A
Energy: N/A

Yodawg the Lotad
Modest @ Rain Dish
Health: 90

Flora, let's see your next mon. Then DA posts actions, followed by Flora's actions.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
haha i never liked roselia

go banana tree GG Grand Geneva Tropius idk what to call you

Chlorophyll activated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)