Canned Heat: Dark Pulse vs. Venser! (3 vs 3 Doubles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, and...*cough*...welcome to...*wheeze*...this battle...*drinks water*. That hit the spot! Welcome to the Volcanic Plains, an incredibly hot and sunny area that also happens to be home to today's heated (see what I did there?) battle between Dark Pulse and Venser! Joining me in my (not air-conditioned) referee's booth is my good friend Harry the Larvesta, who happens to be a Fire Pokemon himself and knows a good deal about this arena. Harry?

"I've been here many times before, practicing my Sun-powered skills, so I know a lot about this place. In fact, I know so much, I've decided to put it in HIDE tags so that it doesn't take up too much space on the page!
The Volcanic Plains, adjacent to 2 small Volcanoes, are a very hot environment. It is almost always sunny, but the soil is extremely rich and soft, making Grass types have an unexpected advantage, and Ground-based moves much weaker.

The sheer cliffs of the Volcanoes are full of boulders and dislodged rocks, making rock-type attacks much easier to use (hint hint) but if you dislodge the wrong rock, you could cause a small Eruption.

"For those of you that felt the need to tl;dr, here's a summary:
90% chance of Sun
Bonuses: Grass types and Rock moves (Fire moves via sun)
Disadvantages: Ground moves (water moves via sun)
30% Chance of Eruption damaging random pokemon if a rock-type move is used (may attack 1, 2, 3 or all pokemon for varying damage)

All right, thanks Harry. And here are the specific requirements as proposed by the challengers!

Dark Pulse's Requirements:
3v3 Doubles
DQ time = 3 days
2 Recovery Moves/5 Chills per Pokemon
Venser's Requirements:
Switch = KO
items on (REF NOTE: originally; if you want this changed, let me know)
All abilities
And now, the most important part of the match: the Pokemon!
Vulpix(*) (Groudon) (M)
Nature: Timid (A 15% increase in Base Speed [Rounded Up] and a (75^2/500 = 11.25%) increase in accuracy on this Pokemon's attacks; Attack reduced by *)
Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Flash Fire: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2).
Drought (DW): (Innate) When this Pokemon is sent out it summons blistering sunlight that scorches the field and does not end, expending 10% of its energy to do so.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 -
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 75 +

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Ember(*)
Tail Whip(*)
Roar(*)
Quick Attack(*)
Fire Spin(*)
Confuse Ray(*)
Imprison(*)
Flame Burst(*)

Egg Moves:
Hex(*)
Extrasensory(*)
Power Swap(*)

TM's
Sunny Day(*)
Overheat(*)
Will-O-Wisp(*)

Darumaka(*) (trollface) (M)
Nature: Jolly (+15% speed, -1 SA, 58^2/500 = 6.7% acc. Boost)
Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Hustle: (Can Be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.
Inner Focus (DW): (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 0 -
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 58 +

Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Rollout(*)
Incinerate(*)
Rage(*)
Fire Fang(*)
Headbutt(*)
Uproar(*)
Facade(*)
Fire Punch(*)
Work Up(*)

Egg Moves:
Take Down(*)
Endure(*)
Flame Wheel(*)

TM's:
Brick Break(*)
Rock Slide(*)
U-turn(*)

Bulbasaur(*) (RageFace) (M)
Nature: Naive (+15% spe, -1 SD, 52^2/350 = 7.7% acc. increase)
Type: Grass/Poison
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:
Overgrow: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any grass attack is increased by two (2). (eg Giga Drain goes from 8 to 10, Solarbeam from 12 to 14)
Chlorophyll (DW): (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2 -
Spe: 52 +

EC: 0/9

Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Growl(*)
Leech Seed(*)
Vine Whip(*)
PoisonPowder(*)
Sleep Powder(*)
Take Down(*)
Razor Leaf(*)
Sweet Scent(*)
Growth(*)

Egg Moves:
Nature Power(*)
Power Whip(*)
Giga Drain(*)

TM's
Sunny Day(*)
Hidden Power (Fire)(*)
Sludge Bomb(*)

Cranidos (Pachycephalosaurus) (♀)

Nature: Quiet (+ Special Attack; Speed divided by 1.15 and +5% to opponents' attacks)

Type: Rock (Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm, Earth Power, Earthquake and Magnitude have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).)

Stats: 67 / 125 / 40 / 30 / 30 / 58
Atk: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 50 (58 / 1.15)

EC: 0 / 6
DC: 0 / 5

Ability:
Mold Breaker: (Innate) Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)
Sheer Force (DW): (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Attacks:
Headbutt
Leer
Focus Energy
Pursuit
Take Down
Scary Face
Assurance

Crunch
Hammer Arm
Iron Head

Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Stone Edge
Scylar [Vanilluber] (♀)

Nature: Hasty ((Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution stage. The Divisor is 1000 for fully evolved Pokemon, 700 for Pokemon that are the second of three stages, 500 for Pokemon that are the first of two stages, and 350 for Pokemon that are the first of three stages. This accuracy boost is added to their Dodge Command chance; Subtracts One (1) Rank from Defense)

Type: Ice/Bug
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.
Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.

Stats:
Def: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 104.65 (+)

Abilities:
Compoundeyes: (Innate) This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.
Mountaineer: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to scaling and avoiding rocks. It can avoid damage from Stealth Rock when it switches in, and one Rock-type attack per round.
Technician (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for mutli-hit attacks is increased by two (2).

Attacks:
Leer
Leech Life
Scratch
Focus Energy
Ice Shard
Slash
Icy Wind
Bug Bite
Icicle Spear

Tail Glow
Earth Power
Counter

Blizzard
Double Team
Acrobatics
Rose [Gligar] (♂)
Nature: Impish (+1 Defense, -1 Special Attack)
Type: Ground/Flying
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Hyper Cutter: (Innate) This Pokemon always keeps its claws/teeth/pincers extremely sharp, and thus cannot have its attack reduced.
Sand Veil: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Immunity (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon’s body has an immensely strong immune response to venom and does not take poison damage when Poisoned. Toxic Poisoning will not do damage, however it will continue getting more severe.

Stats:

Def: Rank 5 (+)
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 85

Attacks:
Poison Sting
Sand Attack
Harden
Knock Off
Quick Attack
Fury Cutter
Faint Attack

Counter
Night Slash
Cross Poison

Earthquake
Acrobatics
Taunt

Flow of the Match:

Dark Pulse sends out 2 Pokemon and names their hold items.
Venser sends out 2 Pokemon, names their hold items, and gives them orders.
Dark Pulse gives his Pokemon orders.
I ref like a noob.
Dark Pulse gives orders.
Venser gives orders.
I ref like a noob again.
etc.

All right, Dark Pulse; send out your Pokemon onto this scorching battlefield while I go grab some more water!

(Also, I apologize for the lack of pictures. Our official photographer is on vacation in Alaska. And by that I mean that my Internet is being dumb.)

"Thanks for that Henry, now, I, the Mighty Dark Pulse, shall make this a quick and easy battle... Despite the strange terrain, I will send out
GARCHOMP AND METAGROSS!!!"

|

. . . Oran Berry|Rawst Berry​

"What!? Where did metagross and Garchomp go???"
*looks around*
"Nooooo!"
Well I guess that I'm going to have to battle with these weak pokemon, oh well, I needed a challenge!"

ok, I think it's Venser's turn! (is that right? like I've said before, I'm still new at this...)

Right, go Gliscor @ Chesto Berry and Cranidos @ Lum Berry. This arena is going to end up screwing me over in the end, but we'll do what we can!

All right Cranidos, this is going to be your show here! Start off with a Stone Edge on that Vulpix, and then follow it up with an Ice Beam at Bulbasaur. Finish with another Stone Edge on Vulpix.

Gliscor, you're on support duty here. On the first action, Taunt whichever of his 'mons is ordered to Sunny Day. If neither is, Taunt Vulpix. Then, on the second action, Taunt Bulbasaur unless Sunny Day is already up.. In that case, use Acrobatics on it and then rock the arena with an Earthquake.

Cranidos: Stone edge ~ Ice Beam ~ Stone Edge

Gliscor: Taunt ~ Taunt / Acrobatics ~ Earthquake

damn, my post got deleted...

anyway:
Groudon
1. Fire Spin first up to trap Cranidos and also to weaken it's Ice Beam
2. Energy Ball Cranidos for some Damage
3. Roar Cranidos away

RageFace
1. Stun Spore Gligar
2. Leech Seed Gligar
3. Nature Power (Rock Slide) Both

sorry, I had a full post and everything, but I wanted to post quickly and my other one got deleted :(

Round 1

Filler post for reffing. I have all the calcs done, but I have to leave momentarily and I won't be back until ~10:30 EST. Once I finish calcs for my other two matches, I'll add flavor and edit this post with the results.

EDIT: Round 1 Reffing!

3v3 Doubles
DQ time = 3 days
Switch = KO
items on
All abilities

Vulpix(*) (Groudon) (M) @ Oran Berry
Nature: Timid

Stats:
Energy: 100
Boosts: none
Other: none

Bulbasaur(*) (RageFace) (M) @ Rawst Berry
Nature: Naive

Stats:

Rose [Gligar] (♂) @ Chesto Berry
Nature: Impish

Stats:

Pachycephalosaurus [Cranidos] (♀) @ Lum Berry
Nature: Quiet

Stats:

Round 1 Begin!

As the trainers prepare to send out their Pokemon, a cloud moves in the sky, releasing Sun upon the arena for the round! Undaunted, Dark Pulse calls forth Groudon and Rageface, while Venser sends out Rose and Pachycephalosaurus! They move into position around the battlefield as the battle begins!

Rose makes the first move, Taunting Groudon to prevent it from using status moves! To combat the string of "your mom" insults Rose has just polluted the air with, Groudon launches a spinning vortex of fire at Pachycephalosaurus! Ignoring this completely, Rageface launches some sort of viral spores directly at Rose, avenging its teammate for Rose's earlier actions, and thereby quartering Rose's speed! Pachycephalosaurus ends the round from inside Fire Spin, launching a barrage of stones at Groudon. The stones manage not to set off the volcano, but eventually...

Groudon starts off round 2 with a ball of energy aimed at Pachycephalosaurus. The attack gathers a little extra power by pulling nutrients from the soil, but, due to the use of its mouth for Energy Ball, Pachycephalosaurus is freed from Fire Spin! Rageface moves next, launching some seeds at Rose. It looks like they're draining Rose's energy! Pachycephalosaurus gets so mad at Rageface for this that it shoots a beam of ice from its mouth that injures Rageface very badly. And when I say "very badly," I mean VERY BADLY. Rose overcomes its paralysis to yell more insults, this time at Rageface! Geez, Rose, watch your language...

Groudon again begins R3, launching a mighty Roar at Pachycephalosaursus! However, after watching Rose make those powerful insults, Groudon is a little too scared for its Roar to do anything! Rageface harnesses the power of nature to slide some of the mountain rocks to the ground below! However, it shivers at the thought of Rose's words, causing it to lose its focus and stopping the rocks before they hit the ground. Pachycephalosaurus, however, is on Rose's side and launches another Stone Edge at Groudon, inflicting a large amount of pain! Rose ends the round with an EARTHQUAKE that hits everyone but itself- including Pachycephalosaurus! Venser, I think you might want to work with Rose on a little thing called "good manners."

A cloud passes over the Sun, possibly to remain, possibly to move away next round. What happens is anyone's guess!

End Round 1

Stats:
HP: 37
Energy: 84
Other: Taunted (3 more actions)

Stats:
HP: 68
Energy: 75
Other: Taunted (4 more actions)

Stats:
HP: 94
Energy: 74
Other: Paralyzed (20%), Leech Seeded

Stats:
HP: 66
Energy: 81

Roll for Sun (90%) [Success]

Taunt Vulpix (Gligar) [Success] Energy Cost: 10
Fire Spin Cranidos (Vulpix) [Success] Damage: 7 + 2 per action Energy Cost: 3
Stun Spore Gligar (Bulbasaur) [Success] Energy Cost: 7 -Speed reduced to 25%
Stone Edge Vulpix (Cranidos) [Success] Damage: 20-1+1 Energy Cost: 6

Roll for Eruption (30%) [Fails]

Energy Ball Cranidos (Vulpix) [Success] Damage: 12+1 Energy Cost: 6 Effect: Failed
Leech Seed Gligar (Bulbasaur) [Failed] Energy Cost: 10
Ice Beam Bulbasaur (Cranidos) [Success] Damage: 20 Energy Cost: 7
Taunt Bulbasaur (Gligar) [Success] Energy Cost: 10

Roar Cranidos (Vulpix) [Failed] Energy Cost: 7
Nature Power [Rock Slide] (Bulbasaur) [Failed] Energy Cost: 6+2
Stone Edge Vulpix (Cranidos) [Success] Damage: 20+1 Energy Cost: 6
Earthquake (Gligar) [Success] Damage: 3(19.5-3)/4 {Vulpix} 3(13-3)/4 {Bulbasaur} 3(19.5-3)/4 {Cranidos} Energy Cost: 6

Roll for Eruption twice (30%) [Both fail]

Your move, Dark Pulse!

oof, this didn't go as planned...

wait - Energy ball was a mouth attack, damnit :(

ok, off to a rocky start (see what I did thar?) and it seems that were going to be taunted for next round...

Groudon can start with a mighty Flame Burst to damage both Gligar and Cranidos, while RageFace uses Giga Drain on Cranidos

Then, were gonna switch things up a bit by having Groudon use Fire Spin on Gligar, and having RageFace follow up with a Powerful Whip on Cranidos!

Finally, were going to go on the offensive, with Groudon using Extrasensory on Gligar, and RageFace using Giga Drain on Cranidos

if at any time Cranidos tries to use Ice Beam, replace Goudon's move with Fire spin on Cranidos, and replace Fire Spin with that move (simple enough?)

Flame bust@G (b) ~ Fire spin@G ~ Extrasensory @G
Giga Drain@C ~ Power Whip@C ~ Giga Drain@C

IF cranidos tries to use Ice Beam, use Fire Spin on him instead, then replace Fire spin@G with Flame Burst@G (if used turn 1)

Flame Burst/(fire spin) ~ Fire Spin/(Flame Burst) ~ Extrasensory/(Fire Spin)

Okay, i think we got this, guys. That sun is going to be annoying but what can we do.

Cranidos, Vulpix is your target this round. Stone Edge him three times, simple as that. If he dies, target Bulbasaur instead.

All right, Gligar, we're still stuck with that item, so i want you to Earthquake and follow it up by getting in the way of that Power Whip and Countering it. If you can't, use Acrobatics instead. Then, one more Acrobatics on Bulbasaur should do the trick this round.

haha, watch out for that eruption there... it might come back to bite you...

think of it, Flash fire boost + both of your pokes damaged, it can't look too appealing to you...

Rules:
3v3 Doubles
DQ time = 3 days
Switch = KO
items on
All abilities

Stats:
HP: 37
Energy: 84
Other: Taunted (3 more actions)

Stats:
Other: Taunted (4 more actions)

Stats:
HP: 94
Energy: 74
Other: Paralyzed (20%), Leech Seeded

Stats:
HP: 66
Energy: 81

Round 2 Begin!

The round begins with the cloud that passed over the Sun moving out of its way, giving us another round of sunlight. Groudon capitalizes on this, using its Flame Burst to hit Rose for some decent damage- with the aftershock hitting Pachycephalosaurus as well! Rageface fires a ball of energy at Pachycephalosaurus, draining some of its health with the power of a thousand gigawatts (not really). But dinosaurs are hungry for revenge, and Pachycephalosaurus (this is too long to type; hereby referred to as Pachy) launches a Stone Edge directly at Groudon! The attack hits hard, but, in the process, it also sets off a small Eruption! This deals some light damage to Pachy and Rageface, while simultaneously activating Groudon’s Flash Fire! Groudon then takes this opportunity to nom its Oran Berry, restoring 10 HP! Rose avoids the Eruption, and then causes something even more deadly: an Earthquake! This injures everyone except Rose (jerk…), ending the round.

Groudon opens the second set of actions with a Fire Spin aimed at Rose. However, the Sun can blind even Fire-types, and Fire Spin misses its mark! However, Rageface is more accurate and launches a Power Whip at Pachy! With the aid of the surrounding nature, Power Whip is able to knock out Pachy! Rose, now even more annoyed at the loss of its comrade, uses the air to pull off some stunning Acrobatics! Rageface is so utterly in awe at this spectacle that it not only begins to sob and begin blubbering about some sort of “double rainbow all the way across the sky,” it also doesn’t notice when the attack draws closer and deals some heavy damage!

Groudon stares intently at Rose, concentrating on some sort of extrasensory assault. Indeed, Rose is visibly cringing as Groudon looks at some of Rose’s high school yearbook pictures in its memory. Rageface fires off a Giga Drain; however, for some reason, it targets the unmoving fossil known to us as Pachycephalosaurus (figured I’d spell it out in her honor), resulting in a total waste of energy. Rose does some more Acrobatics. (For the rest of this flavor text, see the last sentence of the previous paragraph.)

Another cloud passes over the Sun, possibly in mourning at the loss of a Cranidos.

Round 2 End!

Vulpix(*) (Groudon) (M) @ Oran Berry (Consumed)

Stats:
HP: 14
Energy: 76
Other: Flash Fire active

Stats:
HP: 23
Energy: 57
Other: Taunted (1 more action)

Stats:
HP: 76
Energy: 56
Other: Paralyzed (15%), Leech Seeded (1)

Stats:
HP: KO

I'll go ahead and send out Venser's third Pokemon: Go, Vanilluber! Your turn, Venser!

All right, let's finish these two off and then try to deal with a Darumakka. Oh the irony...

anyways! Vanilluber, start off with a blazing-fast Earth Power to demolish that Vulpix! Then, use Icicle Spear followed by a Blizzard on Bulbasaur.

Gligar, you're on clean-up duty! lol yeah just use Earthquake if Vulpix isn't dead but otherwise use Acrobatics on Bulbasaur until it dies.

ok! seems that this is your Final Stand Groudon, so Launch a fast Overheat at Vanilluber, followed by a Power Swap if you're still alive, and then finally another Overheat just to go out with a Bang!

Rageface, Start by launching a quick Giga drain at Gligar, followed by a Nature Power rock slide them both and another Giga Drain at Gligar!

Rules:
3v3 Doubles
DQ time = 3 days
Switch = KO
items on
All abilities

Stats:
HP: 14
Other: Flash Fire active

Stats:
HP: 23
Energy: 57

Stats:
HP: 76
Energy: 56
Other: Paralyzed (15%), Leech Seeded (1)

Scylar [Vanilluber] (♀)
Nature: Hasty

Stats:

Round 3 Begin!

I really want to get this done tonight, so I haven't put in any flavor text. At your request, I'll add it in tomorrow. EDIT: Looks like I don't get to use a Salamence for the ASB Tournament... :(

Round 3 End

Stats:
HP: KO (courtesy of Rose)
Energy: 67
Other: none anymore

Stats:
HP: KO (Courtesy of Rose)
Energy: 38

Stats:
HP: 50
Energy: 50
Other: Paralyzed (10%)

Scylar [Vanilluber] (♀)

Stats:
HP: 8
Energy: 88

Roll for Sun [Success]

Earth Power Vulpix (Syclar) [Success] Damage: 14-3 Energy Cost: 7
Overheat Syclar (Vulpix) [Success] Damage: 50 Energy Cost: 9
Giga Drain Gligar (Bulbasaur) [Success] Damage: 11 {6 HP restored to Bulbasaur} Energy Cost: 11
Earthquake (Gligar) Damage: 3(19.5-3)/4 {Vulpix} 3(13-3)/4 {Bulbasaur} 3(11-3)/4 {Syclar} Energy Cost: 6
Leech Seed activates

Icicle Spear Bulbasaur (Syclar) [Success] Damage: 20 Energy Cost: 5
Power Swap (Vulpix) [Failed] Energy Cost: x
Nature Power [Rock Slide] (Bulbasaur) [Both success] Damage: 8+1 {Gligar} 25+1 {Syclar} Energy Cost: 8
Roll for Eruption [Failed]
Acrobatics Bulbasaur (Gligar) [Success] Damage: 16 Energy Cost: 6

I'll send out Dark Pulse's last Pokemon: Go, trollface! Dark Pulse, your item and actions, please!

ok, Trollface is Holding an Oran Berry so I can get that little bit of Extra health (damn you venser, now I'm gonna have to spend TC's to buy new berries)

oh, this can't be good...

I guess I'll start by using Rock Slide on both of them, followed by Working up your stats, and Finally, use a Hustle Boosted Fire Punch on Gligar! (everyday I'm HUSTLEing)

If Gligar Taunts turn 1, use a Hustle boosted Flame Wheel on Gligar instead of Work up.

Spe: 104.65 (+) AWW YEEE

scylar use dodge on the first action (there are rules for this in the data thread if you don't know what i'm talking about) then earth power a lot

gligar roost then earthquake then roost

also enabling hustle takes up an action

Dodge Command: Reduces oncoming attack's Base Accuracy by (User's Speed - Opponent's Speed) / 5. If a Pokemon has a +Speed Nature, its accuracy boost is added as a flat increase. If a Pokemon has a -Speed nature, its evasion drop is added as a flat decrease. Energy Cost: 5%

[dodge is 16.562 + 9.2 = 25.762 = - 26 accuracy on the rock slide leaving it with 63 acc. [90 - ((base speed^2)/500) + ((104-58) /))]

:O

sheesh, that's not good at all...

I guess that I won't activate Hustle then... :(

well then scylar, there's a Fire Punch with your name on it next round >_<

---

oh! but what If I activate the Eruption??? hopefully I'll be able to kill you then...

Rules:
3v3 Doubles
DQ time = 3 days
Switch = KO
items on
All abilities

Nature: Jolly

Stats:

Stats:
Energy: 50

Scylar [Vanilluber] (♀)

Stats:
HP: 8
Energy: 88

Round 4 Begin!

This was a rather bland round, quite devoid of flavor. Therefore, I think what I have already written should be sufficient and appropriate. Very little flavor.

Round 4 End

Stats:
Energy: 80
Boosts: +1 Atk, +1 SpA (2 more actions)

Stats:
HP: 70
Energy: 26

Scylar [Vanilluber] (♀)

Stats:
HP: 2

Dodge Rock Slide (Syclar) [Failed] Energy Cost: 5
Rock Slide (Darumaka) [Success on Gligar] Damage: 3(8+1)/4 {Gligar} 3(25+1)/4 {Syclar} {Avoided due to Mountaineer} Energy Cost: 8
Roll for Eruption [Failed]
Roost (Gligar) [Success] HP Restored: 20 Energy Cost: 12

Earth Power (Syclar) [Success] Damage: 16-3 Energy Cost: 7
Work Up (Darumaka) [Success] Energy Cost: 7
Earthquake (Gligar) [Both success] 3(22-3)/4 {Darumaka} 3(11-3)/4 {Syclar} Energy Cost: 6

Earth Power (Syclar) [Success] Damage: 16-3 Energy Cost: 9
Fire Punch Gligar (Darumaka) [Success] Damage: 13 Energy Cost: 5
Roost (Gligar) [Success] HP Restored: 20 Energy Cost: 12

Your move, Dark Pulse!

:O

Scylar survived???
oh, it only got partial damage?
regardless, I'm going to Rock Slide > Work Up > Fire Punch at Gligar

IF Scylar is still alive after Rock Slide, replace Work up with Flame wheel on it

also, it was Venser's go...

I'm completely ignoring the above post.

Scylar, dodge a rock attack with mountaneer! besides that, earth power 3x

Gligar: chill - EQ - chill

see? he wouldn't have known that I'd do those moves! had I known he'd do that, I'd make sure I used Work Up -> Fire Punch (Gligar) -> Endure to try and make Gligar run out of energy... as well as make Gligar kill Scylar from EQ...

eh WTF, it don matter... let's just get this done...

i fixed my post to what it would be if i was going first, you can delete the post above mine and change your orders if you want.

I take full responsibility for that little mix-up. I looked at Dark Pulse's last post before the reffing, saw moves in it, and thought, "Dark Pulse must have moved second, so he should move first in the next round!" I'll use Posts 20 and 21 as the basis for this round.

Rules:
3v3 Doubles
DQ time = 3 days
Switch = KO
items on
All abilities

Stats:
Energy: 80
Boosts: +1 Atk, +1 SpA (2 more actions)

Stats:
HP: 70
Energy: 26

Scylar [Vanilluber] (♀)

Stats:
HP: 2

Round 5 Begin!

As expected, Syclar is KO'd, but I don't think I can award any KO Counters for it. Gligar takes a hefty amount of damage, but Darumaka is close to the brink of defeat.

Round 5 End

Stats:
HP: 28
Energy: 53
Boosts: +1 Atk, +1 SpA (1 more action)

Stats:
Energy: 32
Other: Paralyzed (5%), Burned (Stage 1)

Scylar [Vanilluber] (♀)

Stats:
HP: KO
Energy: Who cares?

Roll for Sun [Success]

Earth Power (Syclar) [Success] Damage: 16-3 Energy Cost: 7
Work Up (Darumaka) [Success] Energy Cost: 7
Chill (Gligar) [Failed due to full paralysis] Energy Restored: none

Earth Power (Syclar) [Success] Damage: 16-3 Energy Cost: 9
Fire Punch Gligar (Darumaka) [Success] Damage: 16 Energy Cost: 5 –Causes Burn
Earthquake (Gligar) [Success] 3(21-3)/4 {Darumaka} 3(11-3)/4 {Syclar} Energy Cost: 6 Syclar KO’d

Endure (Darumaka) [Success] Energy Cost: 15
Earth Power (Syclar) [Failed] Damage: x Energy Cost: x
Chill (Gligar) [Success] Energy Restored: 12

It's actually your turn now, Dark Pulse. *sheepish grin*

haha, thanks...

Damn! I didn't get the KO (lol, I expected that) so it's gonna be even longer for Trollface to survive...

let's try going for Fire Punch, hustle, Fire Punch!

every day I'm HUSTLEin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)