The wrath of the Anvil god! Spenstar vs. Objection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Requesting a small 1Vs1 singles match. DQ time is one day. I'll exchange control over the arena in favor of sending out my 'mon and attacking second.
I'll take Spenstar on.

One ability
No items
Switch = antidisestablishmentarianism

Arena: Transformice Map 62

A huge, flat wooden block. The block can be dug through and is strong enough for seismic move usage, but there is no external water source for moves like Surf. However, the mighty Anvil God resides here and, at the end of every action, will attack both pokemon. Each pokemon has a 50% chance of being hit. Anvil God has rank 5 attack and his attack starts at base power 4 and increases by 2 at the end of each round.

Spenstar said:
Revenankh [Grave] (Male)
Nature: Adamant (Attack increased by *; Special Attack reduced by *)
Type: Fighting/Ghost
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Abilities:
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Air Lock: (Innate) This Pokemon releases immense barometric pressure, clearing the weather in the arena and preventing the effect of weather moves and abilities from taking place.
Mummy (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon's skin has a lasting curse on it. When strucky by an opponents contact move, the curse transfers, changing the opponent's ability(ies) to Mummy for the next six (6) actions.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5 (+1)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2 (-1)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 65

MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Wrap(*)
Bide(*)
Sand Tomb(*)
Wring Out(*)
Rock Tomb(*)
Arm Thrust(*)
Mean Look(*)
Glare(*)
Shadow Punch(*)

Shadow Sneak(*)
Force Palm(*)
Curse(*)

Drain Punch(*)
Bulk Up(*)
Substitute(*)

<Staryu> [Ruby] (No Gender)
Nature: Modest (Special Attack increased by *; Attack reduced by *)
Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Natural Cure: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.
Illuminate: (Can be Activated) At any point in a match this Pokemon can illuminate the area without using an action, the light is less powerful than Flash.
Analytic (DW): (Can be Enabled) If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-1)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+1)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 85

EC: 0/6

Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Harden(*)
Water Gun(*)
Rapid Spin(*)
Recover(*)
Camouflage(*)
Swift(*)

Bubblebeam(*)
Power Gem(*)
Cosmic Power(*)

Hidden Power (Fire, 7)(*)
Ice Beam(*)
Thunderbolt(*)
Objection said:

Skarmory [Shan Yu] (M)
Nature: Careful (+ Special Defence, - Special Attack)

Type: Steel/Flying
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 70

EC: 0/0

Abilities:
Keen Eye: (Innate) This Pokemon has extremely good vision and cannot have its accuracy lowered by any means. Its attacks are still affected by an opponent’s evasion.
Sturdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
Weak Armor (DW): (Can be Enabled) The Pokemon can loosen its worn defensive armor so that it will break off when an opponent uses a contact attack, reducing the Pokemon's Defense and increasing their Speed by one (1) stage for each hit.

Attacks:
Leer
Peck
Sand-Attack
Swift
Agility
Fury Attack
Feint
Air Cutter

Guard Swap
Sky Attack
Whirlwind

Toxic
Swords Dance
Substitute

Deino [Maleficent] (F)
Nature: Hasty (+Speed, -Defence)

Type: Dark/Dragon
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 44 (+) (Accuracy boost: 6%)

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/0

Abilities:
Hustle: (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Attacks:
Tackle
Dragon Rage
Focus Energy
Bite
Headbutt
DragonBreath
Roar
Crunch

Dark Pulse
Earth Power
Ice Fang

Taunt
Protect
Thunder Wave

Piplup [Ratcliffe] (M)
Nature: Brave (+Attack, -Speed)

Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 34 (-) (Opponent's accuracy boost: 10%)

EC: 0/9

Abilities:
Torrent: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)
Defiant (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon has a deep sense of honor, and whenever one of its stats are decreased by an opponent's move, it's Attack increases by two (2) stages.

Attacks:
Pound
Growl
Bubble
Water Sport
Peck
Bide
Bubblebeam
Fury Attack

Mud-Slap
Mud Sport
Yawn

Ice Beam
Dig
Waterfall

Don't worry, I'll ref normally for the match. (I'm Ferrothorn on Transformice, BTW.)

As posted, Objection sends out his mon first.

Well since Spenstar forfeited arena choice to me, I guess that means I send out first. I'm going to go with Shan Yu the Skarmory. His ability will be Sturdy.

Wonderful. My Mon of choice will be Ruby, the Staryu, with Natural Cure.

Edit: my bad, nvm. Okay Ruby, here we go! Start with a Harden to raise your defenses against anvil guy. Then I want you to use Thunderbolt, and then, Hidden Power

Skarmory [Shan Yu] (M)
Energy: 100

Energy: 100

"The match seems interesting-will the powerful Skarmory prevail, or will the Staryu? I can't really tell-guess we're going to have to let the match decide!

In order to prepare itself for the powerful assaults of the Anvil god, Ruby Hardens itself, its soft echinoderm skin strengthening. Shan Yu simply engages a secret Hun technique that causes a magical Rhydon doll to appear-the Substitute greatly helps him with taking the Anvil god's assaults, which club into Ruby and Shan Yu alike!

Ruby now readies a general offensive, first launching a blast of hidden power at Shan Yu. His Rhydon doll, infused with Disney villain magic, readily takes the assault. Calmly, he begins to whet his sword-like wings against his body, in a dancing motion. The Anvil god lashes out again, but alas, no dice. He can't hit either of them this round, as he flails upwards, readying another badly coordinated blow.

Ruby suddenly charges upwards, firing a Thunderbolt at Shan Yu from on high as he readies his own attack...the attack destroys the substitute, but it is only a cover-Shan Yu has climbed to a bizarre height in the meantime, and now he crashes down at the Staryu, wings bathed in harsh light. The Sky Attack ravages Ruby, despite only dealing neutral damage. The Anvil god flails out again, as Ruby ducks, but Shan Yu gets slammed by the leaden tentacles of the beast.

As both Shan Yu and Ruby await new commands, the Anvil god only spins faster..."

Damages [check me if they seem wrong]:
Action 1:
Skarmory makes a 25 HP substitute
Anvil god vs. Skarm: 3 damage to substitute
Anvil god vs. Staryu: 7 damage
Action 2:
HP Fire vs. Skarm: 11 damage to substitute
Action 3:
Thunderbolt vs. Skarm: Sub breaks from 14 damage.
Skay Attack vs. Staryu: 20 damage
Anvil god vs. Skarm: 3 damage

Skarmory [Shan Yu] (M)
HP: 72
Energy: 78
Boosts: +2 Attack

HP: 63
Energy: 83
Boosts: +1 Defense

Next up is Objection!

OK, I think we're in a good position to go on the offensive. Leer at him to lower his defence, then Sky Attack and then Sky Attack again.

Do a Harden to cancel out Leer, then use Camouflage to blend in with your environment and finish with a Thunderbolt

Skarmory [Shan Yu] (M)
HP: 72
Energy: 78

HP: 63
Energy: 83

"Ruby begins by Hardening itself further; Shan Yu begins by Leering at the Staryu. There is little net effect, and both parties feel somewhat embarrassed. The Anvil god lashes out again, but he only flings himself backwards, anvil arms rotating like the wind.

Next, Ruby seems to be disappearing-but it's only a trick, as in reality, Staryu is merely Camouflaged. Shan Yu, although he lacks keen eyes for this match, nevertheless picks Staryu out, again performing a massive Sky Attack. It's so powerful that, why, I think Staryu flinched with pain! The Anvil god seems to have some concept of karma, however, and whacks Shan Yu on the behind while ignoring Ruby.

Shan Yu charges up another Sky Attack at the scared Staryu, before unleashing it on the poor starfish. I think the karma hypothesis is confirmed: the Anvil god again fails to hit Ruby, but cleanly smacks the Skarmory in the wing.

Ruby is feeling the pain, being reduced to its metaphorical knees, while Shan Yu's energy-intensive Sky Attacks are leaving it slightly drained. Meanwhile, the Anvil god is spinning even faster, ready to clobber some heads off the stage in next round...Either way, time for both trainers to relay orders."

Damages [check me if they seem wrong]:
Action 1: Nothing, really.
Action 2:
Sky Attack: 20 damage
Anvil god vs. Skarm: 5 damage
Action 3:
Sky Attack vs. Staryu: 20 damage
Anvil god vs. Skarm: 5 damage

Skarmory [Shan Yu] (M)
HP: 62
Energy: 50
Boosts: +1 Attack

HP: 23
Energy: 72

Spenstar orders next!

Swords Dance - Sky Attack - Sky Attack

We can't finish him off before he recovers, but we might be able to finish him off afterwards.

Skarmory [Shan Yu] (M)
HP: 62
Energy: 50
Boosts: +1 Attack

HP: 23
Energy: 72
Boosts: +1 Defense, Camouflaged (+1 evasion for 4 more actions)

"Ruby starts off by utilizing electricity's power again, summoning another mighty Thunderbolt, which comes veeery close to nipping Skarmory in the wing joint. However, it fails to do so, and Skarmory simply engages a Swords Dance. The Anvil god seems unable to hit Staryu today, but Skarmory is (again) whacked by the nightmarish Shamanly beast.

Ruby confidently Recovers, healing scars from the past few rounds and rejuvenating itself. Shan Yu, unimpessed, easily picks out Staryu and delivers another fierce Sky Attack, undoing all her work. The Anvil god thwacks Skarmory again, almost as if it's trying to prevent the inevitable loss this match...

...Why is the match an inevitable loss for Ruby? Because Jirachi was feeling villainous today, and Ruby flinched again! Shan Yu easily finishes off the heavily weakened Staryu with a final Sky Attack, releasing a metallic screech as he does. The Anvil God, desperate to hit Skarmory one more time, misses, and a Cannonball Totem from the ref easily knocks the Anvil God into the abyss below.

It appears Objection and his Skarmory, Shan Yu, have WON!"

Calcs:
Staryu vs. Skarmory: 14 damage
Anvil god vs. Skarmory: 7 damage
Skarmory vs. Staryu: 22 damage
Anvil god vs. Skarmory: 7 damage
Skarmory vs. Staryu: 22 damage. Staryu faints.
Anvil god misses.
Ferrothorn, Tortferngatr's Transformice incarnation, goes flavor-crazy and uses a Cannonball Totem against the Anvil God now that the round is over. Over 9000 damage, Anvil god is flung into the abyss. Bubbles appear, the sun begins to shine, and it quickly dawns on the participants that they need to get their prize tokens claimed ASAP for the tourney.

Skarmory [Shan Yu] (M)
HP: 41
Energy: 21

HP: 0
Energy: 54
Boosts: Camouflaged (+1 evasion for 1 more actions)

So yeah. I get 2 RC, each mon gets the bog-standard 1EC/2MC/1DC, and Skarmory additionally gets a KO counter.

This is the second time Skarmory has beaten an opponent I thought it would have trouble against.

GG Spenstar and thanks for being such a good ref Tort.

This is the second time Skarmory has beaten an opponent I thought it would have trouble against.

GG Spenstar and thanks for being such a good ref Tort.
Admittedly, Sky Attack had a convenient tendency to flinch hax...*notes to buy a Pidove or Murkrow.* I wasn't even taking into account that it had an increased crit rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)