Looking for a:
1v1 singles match with unevolved pokes that can evolve
DQ time= 1 day
rules: 1 recovery, 3 chills
randomly selected arena
i'll take it, though tomorrow might be an issue for my activity~

all abilities
no items
Arena: a grassland in the middle of a sun-storm! There's no rain, but you can hear thunder and see lightning, and the weather cannot be changed. At the end of each round a lightning bolt will strike one of the Pokemon on the field with the equivalent of Thunder with base 4 Sp. ATK.

It's a good thing I have my umbrella here, because it is raining hard and I just want to go home and... why are two people actually battling in this weather? WTF? They need a referee... might as well. Here are the teams and the O of O

GK's Team:

Azurill [Roy Boehm] (Male) navy seals
Nature: Adamant

Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2(+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 0(-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 20

Counters:
EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Thick Fate: This Pokemon has a great deal of extra fat or muscle that increases its resistance to extreme heat or extreme cold, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire and Ice-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.)
Huge Power: This Pokemon has immense inner strength, raising its Attack by **. If skill swapped, the swapped Pokemon's Attack is only raised by *.
Sap Sipper (DW): This Pokemon lives on a steady diet of plants and has developed defenses to every Grass-type attack. When attacked with a Grass-type move, damage and effects are negated and the Pokemon gains a one (1) stage attack boost. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Attacks:
Splash
Charm
Tail Whip
Bubble
Slam
Water Gun
Encore
Refresh
Body Slam
Waterfall
Return
Toxic

Togepi [ionno yet] (F)
Nature: Modest

Type: Normal:
Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Togepi
Atk: Rank 0(-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3(+)
SpD: Rank 3

Counters:

Abilities:
Hustle: (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the base damage of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.
Serene Grace: (Innate) This Pokemon has a blessing which doubles the success chance of its attack’s secondary effects. (eg paralysis from Thunderbolt)
Super Luck: (Innate) This Pokemon’s natural skill doubles (x2) its critical hit levels above other Pokemon, making its normal moves inflict critical hits 12.5% of the time and its high critical hit moves inflict critical hits 1/3rd of the time.

Attacks:
Growl
Charm
Metrenome
Sweet Kiss
Yawn
Encore
Ancient Power
Follow Me
Bestow
Extrasensory
Morning Sun
Nasty Plot
Flamethrower
Thunder Wave
Psycho Shock

Rattata [ionno net] (M)
Nature: Jolly

Type: Normal: Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2

Spe: 83 (+)

Counters:
EC:0\6
DC: 0\5

Abilities:

Run Away: (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and can evade any traps in an arena. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to escape from trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.
Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
Hustle: (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Attacks:
Tackle
Tail Whip
Quick Attack
Focus Energy
Bite
Pursuit
Hyper Fang
Sucker Punch
Crunch
Assurance
Counter
Super Fang
Revenge
Facade
Substitute
Return

TL's Team:
Litwik [Danse Macabre] (Male) (*)
Nature: Modest (+SpA,-Atk)
Type: Ghost/Fire
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Flash Fire (Innate): This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2).
Flame Body (Innate):This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.
Shadow Tag (DW/Innate):Upon entry into battle, this Pokemon’s Shadow expands across the arena and dissipates, forcing opposing Pokemon to stay within 10 meters of this Pokemon. The Shadow entirely negates the ability to switch for every Pokemon except those who also have Shadow Tag.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)

Attacks:
Level up:
Ember*
Astonish*
Minimize*
Smog*
Fire Spin*
Confuse Ray*
Night Shade*
Will-O-Wisp*
Flame Burst*
Imprison*

Egg:
Acid Armor*
Clear Smog*
Heat Wave*

TM:
Will-O-Wisp*
Calm Mind*
Toxic*

Privatyke[Newgate](M)(*)
Nature: Adamant (Adds * to Attack; Subtracts * From Special Attack)
Type: Water/Fighting
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves, Meditate and Cheer Up have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Unaware: (Innate) When this Pokemon is released, a light aura enshrouds the opponent, nullifying all stat boosts or reductions other than Speed, it remains while this Pokemon is active.

Klutz (DW):*(Can be Disabled) The Pokemon moves in a rare style of battling that uses an unpredictable, clumsy looking manner. The accuracy of its attacks are increased by 10% (flat). While engaging in this style it cannot use a hold item, however an item is necessary to pull it off.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4(+)
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 35

EC:0/6
MC:0
DC:0/5

Attacks:
Level Up:
Bubble (*)
Smokescreen (*)
Yawn (*)
Wrap (*)
Arm Thrust (*)

Egg:
Recover (*)
Ice Punch (*)
Cross Chop (*)

TM:
Poison Jab (*)
Protect (*)
Rock Slide (*)

TL sends out a Pokemon
GK sends out a Pokemon and gives orders
TL gives orders
Spenstar attempts to ref
TL gives orders
GK gives orders
Spenstar refs
etc

Alright Newgate, lets get the ball rolling! (I can't find Cap Sprites, so if possible, Spenstar, help me edit it in)

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
let's go with rattata here, we have a small type disadvantage but meh

Let's go with and attack with our fangs. Start out with a Super Fang, follow up with another Super Fang and follow up a Hyper Fang. If we ever have to deal with a Cross Chop, respond with Counter

Alright, let's make sure Rattata feels our power! Start off with a big powerful Yawn to make sure he's in trouble later on, from there use protect, followed by an Arm Thrust

Rattata [ionno net] (M)

Type: Normal: Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Energy: 100

Super Fang, Super Fang, Hyper Fang

Privatyke[Newgate](M)(*)
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves, Meditate and Cheer Up have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

HP: 100
Energy: 100

Yawn, Protect, Arm Thrust

Okay, I was delusional when I said it was raining, it ain't. I hear thunder, but there's no rain, this kind of thunder brings lots of pain! Um... kay. Anyway, Jonno Net starts the battle by humming the theme to Superman while running toward Newgate and sinking his Fangs into the Privatyke's skin! That's gotta hurt! I don't think Newgate felt it though... in fact, he's so bored, he's just yawning. Jonno Net looks angry, but I can see him calming down and getting drowsy. As Jonno Net regains his focus, he tries to fang Newgate again with super effort, but he just tastes the protective green bubble Newgate made! Toothache much?

Jonno Net is at it again! I see a Hyper Fang sinking into Newgate's flesh now! That's gotta hurt! Newgate doesn't look too good either; he must have flinched from the severity of that attack! Wait a second... HOLY CRAP! Lightning strikes from the sky and hits Jonno Net hard! Divine payback for the flinch, it seems. Either way, my buddy Grave is laughing his butt off.

Let's look at the calcs!
Action 1:
Jonno Net: Super Fang (18 Damage) (11 Energy)
Newgate: Yawn (7 energy)
Jonno Net: 90 HP
Newgate: 72 HP
Action 2:
Jonno Net: Super Fang (failed) (18 energy)
Newgate: Protect (success) (13 energy)
Jonno Net: 90 HP
Newgate: 72 HP
Action 3:
Jonno Net:Hyper Fang (9 Damage) (5 energy)
Newgate: Flinch
Lightning: Hits Jonno Net (15 Damage)
Jonno Net: 75 HP
Newgate: 63 HP

And the mons:

Rattata [ionno net] (M)

Stats:
HP: 75
Energy: 66

Privatyke[Newgate](M)(*)

Stats:

HP: 73
Energy: 80

TravelLog, you're up!

Alright Newgate! Protect if he gets an action this round/Cross Chop otherwise, then IF you used Protect, follow it up with x2 Cross Chops, BUT if you started off with Cross Chop, use Recover, followed by Cross Chop

I hate to nitpick, but I looked at the calcs and you accidentally had my Privatyke start with 90 HP when he starts with 100. Therefore: 100-18-9=73 (rather than 63)

Edit:
As a result of that,(if possible) I'd like to change the actions I posted previously to the following:
If rattata gets an action this round, Protect, followed by 2x Cross Chop
If Rattata does not get an action this round, Cross Chop, then Poison Jab, then Cross Chop

(sorry for the double post)

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I mentioned my issue with today when i was accepting the battle, common :|

let's see, iirc i do get an action, so let's use Substitute to give us a small cushion. After that, we'll go ahead and sleep. If we're awake for the final action, go ahead and Counter whatever it is

I would have given you an extension lol. If nothing else I want to say I beat a Rattata in the Top Percentage of all Rattata!

Ratatta indeed does get an action! Let's take a look at the battlers right now:

Rattata [ionno net] (M)

Stats:
HP: 75
Energy: 66

Privatyke[Newgate](M)(*)

Stats:

HP: 73
Energy: 80

Anticipating one final attack from Jonno Net before falling asleep, Newgate protects himself. But the sly Ratatta tricked Newgate; he instead creates a subsitute! Sleep finally catches up to our Ratatta, however, as he falls into a deep sleep. Newgate is pretty ticked off that he was fooled, and unleashes his anger on the sub with a powerful cross chop! The sub breaks, the sound satisfying to Newgate.

Newgate, staring down the now helpless Jonno Net, attacks again with another Cross Chop! This time the sleeping rat takes a critical hit! Now Jonno Net wakes up, furious, and strikes back with counter! Thunder now booms in the distance... not so distant, actually. It seems the lightning is joining in on Jonno Net's revenge and strikes Newgate!

It seems Newgate's in really bad condition. Let's look at our mons.

Rattata [ionno net] (M)

Stats:
HP: 31
Energy: 34

Privatyke[Newgate](M)(*)

Stats:

HP: 7
Energy: 59

Calcs:
Action 1:
Jonno Net: Sub (15 HP) (12 energy)
Newgate: Protect (7 energy)
Action 2:
Jonno Net: zzz
Newgate: Cross Chop (sub breaks) (6 energy)
Action 3:
Newgate: Cross Chop (crit) (29 damage) (8 energy)
Jonno Net: Counter (43 damage) (20 energy)
Lightning: Hits Newgate (23 Damage)
Jonno Net: 31 HP
Newgate: 7 HP

GK, you're up!

TL, Dodge and Recover are two separate actions. You have posted 4 different actions. Since you posted Dodge and Recover as one action, and you said dodge first, that will be your first action.

Rattata [ionno net] (M)

Stats:
Energy: 34

Privatyke[Newgate](M)(*)

Stats:

HP: 7
Energy: 59

Newgate takes an evasive stance, and as Jonno Net rushes toward him with a return, Newgate dodges it! However, Jonno Net isn't done yet. As soon as Newgate has finished taking evasive action, he slame into the Privatyke with a mighty Return! Newgate falls over, unconscious, unable to battle. The winner is GK!

Rattata [ionno net] (M)
Type: Normal
Stats:
Energy: 20

Privatyke[Newgate](M)(*)
Stats:
HP: Scurvy
Energy: Walk the plank!

Newgate: evasive action (-10 accuracy on moves targeting him for the action)
Jono Net: Return (miss) (6 energy)
Action 2:
Jonno Net: Return (7 damage) (8 energy)

I get 2 RC

Jonno Net gets 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 KOc, and 1 DWc

Newgate gets 1 EC, 2 MC, and 1 DWc

Have a nice day :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)