Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
I'm Lazy. I quote.

2vs2 Doubles
2/5, 2-day DQ
Basic mons that can evolve only. Send in two mons at random.

Arena: Viridian Forest. I guess.

Switch = N/A
Abilities = All
Items = No

Also, me and lkk are looking for a ref.

danmantincan said:

Bronzor - Oscar
Nature: Brave (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.

Type: Steel/Psychic
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.
Heatproof: (Innate) This Pokemon's mirror-like alloyed skin protects it from Fire-type attacks, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.) The damage inflicted by burns is also cut in half.
Heavy Metal (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon's body structure is immensely dense, doubling its weight. When it uses a full-body attack or a weight-based attack it will do more damage, and it will be much harder to lift, throw, or knock back.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 20 (-)

Attacks:
Tackle
Confusion
Hypnosis
Imprison
Confuse Ray
Extrasensory

Rollout
Signal Beam
Ancient Power

Earthquake
Payback
Trick Room

Togepi (F) - Marcia
Nature: Calm (Adds One (1) Rank to Special Defense; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Attack)

Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Abilities:
Hustle: (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.
Serene Grace: (Innate) This Pokemon has a blessing which doubles the success chance of its attack’s secondary effects. (eg paralysis from Thunderbolt)
Super Luck (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon’s natural skill doubles (x2) its critical hit levels above other Pokemon, making its normal moves inflict critical hits 12.5% of the time and its high critical hit moves inflict critical hits 1/3rd of the time.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 0 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 20

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Moves:
Growl
Charm
Metronome
Sweet Kiss
Yawn
Encore
AncientPower
Follow Me
Bestow

Extrasensory
Mirror Move
Psycho Shift

Shadow Ball
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
Blue_Tornado said:

Tangela [Messy] (F)
Nature: Naughty (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Defense)
Type: Grass
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:
Chlorophyll: (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.
Leaf Guard: (Innate) In bright sunlight the Pokemon is surrounded by a faint green glow. The glow protects it from all permanent and temporary status conditions.
Regenerator (DW): (Innate) When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and 10 HP is restored.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 60

EC: 2/6
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Ingrain
Constrict
Sleep Powder
Absorb
Growth
PoisonPowder
Vine Whip
Bind
Power Whip

Giga Drain
Leech Seed
Rage Powder

Hidden Power [Fire] (7)
Sunny Day
SolarBeam

Synthesis

Gastly [Spook] (F)
Nature: Timid (Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution stage. (Formula: ACC Boost = (New Base^2)/Divisor [Round Up] Cap: 30) The Divisor is 1000 for fully evolved Pokemon, 700 for Pokemon that are the second of three stages, 500 for Pokemon that are the first of two stages, and 350 for Pokemon that are the first of three stages. This accuracy boost is added to their Dodge Command chance; Subtracts One (1) Rank from Attack)
Type: Ghost/Poison
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 92 (80 * 1.15^)

EC: 3/9
DC: N/A

Attacks:
Hypnosis
Lick
Spite
Mean Look
Curse
Night Shade
Confuse Ray
Sucker Punch
Shadow Ball
Hex

Clear Smog
Disable
Scary Face

Toxic
Venoshock
Taunt
Thunderbolt

So then, this is a double battle. Since teams were sent in and released randomely, I believe attack order shall be randomised for round 1. And the loser is... B_T! Your actions first please!

Alright, let's start by stopping any disruptive moves on their side. Messy, you use Sleep Powder on Togepi while Spook Taunts Bronzor. Then, if Sleep Powder missed, Messy should try it again (again on Togepi) while Spook uses Confuse Ray on Bronzor. If Sleep Powder did hit, however, go for a Sunny Day, then follow up with Hidden Power [Fire], along with Shadow Ball, on Bronzor. Also, if Togepi tries being smart and using Follow Me, just change Taunt to Toxic. So:

Messy:
Sleep Powder (Togepi) ~ Sunny Day ~ Hidden Power [Fire] (Bronzor)
IF Sleep Powder misses THEN Sleep Powder (Togepi) becomes the next option while all others are moved back but stay in the same order (so it becomes sleep ~ sleep ~ sunny day)

Spook:
Taunt (Bronzor) ~ Confuse Ray (Bronzor) ~ Shadow Ball (Bronzor)
IF Togepi uses Follow Me action1 THEN replace Taunt with Toxic (Togepi)

Ok, this isn't going to be an easy battle.

I want Marcia to start with a Follow Me, and take those attacks. I then want Oscar to set up a Trick Room. If Sleep Powder missed on Marcia, I want her to use Mirror Move and use Sleep Powder on Tangela and Oscar will use Hypnosis on Gastly. Otherwise, Oscar will use Hypnosis on Tangela. Oscar will finish with an Extrasensory on Gastly. If Marcia is awake for the final action, she will use Extrasensory on Gastly. Flinch hax go!

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Blue_Tornado OO
Messy (F)

100 HP / 100 EN
Sleep Powder ~ Sunny Day ~ Hidden Power Fire​

Danmantican OO
Ocsar (N/A)

90 HP / 100 EN
Trick Room ~ Hypnosis ~ Extrasensory​

Spook (F)

90 HP / 100 EN
Taunt ~ Confuse Ray ~ Shadow Ball​

Marcia (F)

90 HP / 100 EN
Follow Me ~ Mirror Move ~ Extrasensory​

Battle BGM
Speeds: Spook ~ Messy ~ Marcia = Oscar​

Hello everyone to this epic of a 2 v 2 doubles match? Both ttrainers entered Viridian Forest Blindfolded, and 10 Hours later finally found each other after realising that the blindfolds could be taken off. Blue_Tornado has brought a Tangela and a Gastly to aid him, wheras Danmantican has brought his allies Bronzor and Togepi.

And the match will start of with strategy, as the irresistably cute Marcia manages to nab the attention spans of Spook and Messy with a Follow Me (4 EN). Spook has it easy, and follows the orders to fry the egg in Toxic (6 EN). Messy adds the the recipe, sprinkling on a Sleep Powder, which apparenyly brings out a beautiful taste in the yolk (6 EN). Also puts Marcia into Intense Sleep. Whilst Marcia takes one for the team, Oscar can be found setting up a Trick Room (9 EN / 15 Actions Trick Room). A dark dome appears around the forest, as roots grow out of trees and flowers freeze, or have petals for leaves and leaves for petals. The clouds in the sky become black messes blotted along purple skies (Ref Nausea Level: + 100 %). I'm not the only one feling nauseous though, as Marcia seems to be aggrevated by that Toxic (1 Damage)

: 100 / 94
: 90 / 91​
: 90 / 94
: 89 / 96​

Oscar is sudddenly spinning around like a spinning disc, as oppossed to a burst tyre, and is quickly able to make the sleeping teams equal by releasing a Hypnosis (9 EN), which hits Messy and throws her into a Deep Sleep. Spook decides to neutralise Oscar, and blasts him with a Confuse Ray (4 EN), knocking Oscar into a state of Severe Confusion. And now I'm even more freaked out by trick room, as that confuse ray was pitch black instead of pure light. Eep. Marcia rolls in her sleep at the thought. Or the toxic, who knows? (1 Toxic Damage)

: 90 / 82​
: 90 / 90
: 88 / 96​

Oscar, as one of the 2 conscious competitors, shakes of the confusion and lets the 6 orbs surrounding his body glow. The golden glow seems to be nice in an environment where everything is inverted, before they suddenly, for a split second, flash black. As they flash, the full force of an Extrasensory hits Spook (14 Damage / 5 EN). Spinning over from the blow to her head, Spook conjures up a golden ball of pure evil, and launches the Shadow Ball at Oscar, who doesn't take the hit too well (13 Damage / 5 EN). Suddenly, Messy wakes up to the crazy world, and Marcia vomits up a pile of blue. Ick, iiMKUltra must've gone drinking with her. A little girl. (1 Toxic Damage, Toxic Level goes up!)

: 77 / 77​
: 76 / 85
: 87 / 96​

Trick Room
{IIIIIIIIIIIIIII}
13 Actions Remain​

Blue_Tornado OO
Messy (F)

100 HP / 94 EN
Wait, what did I miss?​

Danmantican OO
Ocsar (N/A)

77 HP / 77 EN
Confused 2 More Actions
Moving around fast is fun!​

Spook (F)

76 HP / 85 EN
Boo!​

Marcia (F)

87 HP / 96 EN
Toxic Level 2 - Advances in 3 Actions
Sleep for 1 more action
Z_z​

Action 1
Togepi uses Follow Me. (4 EN)
Gastly Toxics Togepi. (6 EN)
Tangela Sleep Powders Togepi - Togepi falls into a 3 action sleep. (6 EN)
Bronzor uses Trick Room - Dimensions Warped! (9 EN / 15 Actions Trick Room)
Togepi takes 1 Poison Damage

Action 2
Togepi is asleep - Sleep Counter reduces to 2
Bronzor uses Hypnosis - Tangela falls into a 2 action sleep (9 EN)
Tangela is asleep - Sleep Counter reduces to 1
Gastly uses Confuse Ray on Bronzor - 3 action confusion (4 EN)

Action 3
Togepi is asleep - Sleep Counter reduces to 1
Bronzor uses Extrasensory on Gastly - 2 Actions Confusion Remain - No Flinch (14 Damage / 5 EN)
Tangela is asleep - Wakes up as round ends.
Gastly uses Shadow Ball on Bronzor (13 Damage / 5 EN)

Notes - Trick room will end in 4 rounds and 1 action. Your sleep counter decreases by 1 for every action you would have made an action - Hence why Messy had his Sleep Counter decrease on the round he acted, wheras Marcia's didn't. Sorry about that.

I <3 Reffing Trick Room. Danmantican, you're up!

Let's have Oscar go with a Confusion, followed by an Extrasensory and finish with another Confusion all on Gastly. I want Marcia to use Psycho Shift on Tangela when she wakes up, then hit Gastly with an Extransensory of her own. If she's taunted, use Shadow Ball on Gastly instead of Psycho Shift.

Hmm this isn't going to be simple.

Spook (Gastly):
Taunt (Togepi) ~ Venoshock (Togepi) ~ Taunt (Bronzor)
IF Sleep Powder misses on Togepi action2 THEN immediately replace Venoshock with Hypnosis (Togepi) (it should work since Tangela moves before Gastly thanks to TR. If it doesn't go ahead and let me know)

Messy (Tangela):
Sunny Day ~ Sleep Powder (Togepi) ~ Hidden Power [Fire] (Bronzor)

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Blue_Tornado OO
Messy (F)

100 HP / 94 EN
Sunny Day ~ Sleep Powder ~ Hidden Power [Fire]​

Danmantican OO
Ocsar (N/A)

77 HP / 77 EN
Confused 2 More Actions
Confusion ~ Extrasensory ~ Confusion​

Spook (F)

76 HP / 85 EN
Taunt ~ Venoshock ~ Taunt​

Marcia (F)

87 HP / 96 EN
Toxic Level 2 - Advances in 3 Actions
Sleep for 1 more action
Sleep ~ Shadow Ball ~ Extrasensory​

Battle BGM

And the dome above us is still as scary as ever, although it's starting to show signs of weakening. The grass isn't Red, it's now Orange. Great...

Marcia STILL asleep, Oscar tries to attack Spook, but goofs up in a most spectactular fashion, spinning into a tree and getting lodged into a crack (3 Damage). Happy with this result, Messy does a little tap dance, and all of a sudden... nothing happens. Oh, one of the Purple clouds has became green and is emitting light, to signify Sunny Day (10 EN). Messy's Chlorrophyll is triggered, and suddenly she feels slower than even Spook. Speaking of Spook, he's currently asking Marcia if she would rather be served fried or poached for her funeral. Evil Taunt for the sleeping mon, who only catches part of the insult and is taunted for slightly less time. Marcia suddenly starts vomiting in all directions (2 Damage) as she wakes up.

: 100 / 84
: 77 / 77​
: 76 / 75
: 85 / 96​

Oscar manages to ignore confusion for what should be the final time this round, and blasts an Extrasensory at Spook (14 Damage / 5 EN). Marcia follows up by blasting a CRITICAL HIT Shadow Ball at Spook's face. Ouch (17 Damage / 5 EN). Spook is now incredibly agitated, and launches an almight venoshock on Marcia (16 Damage / 8 EN). Messy, irriatated that she is now slower and can't have her partner sub infor her, plays Russian Roulette and aims a Sleep Powder at Marcia to put her back to sleep, but Misses (6 EN). Oh, and here's a generic toxic message. Blergh (2 Damage)

: 100 / 78
: 77 / 72​
: 45 / 67
: 67 / 91​

Marcia wins a friendly speed tie this round and Hits Spook with an Extrasensory, causing him to flinch (12 Damage / 6 EN). Oscar isn't giving up the mind games either, and bolsters the hit on Spook with a Confusion (10 Damage / 2 EN). Spook isn't fit to even think of a good insult, So it falls upon Messy to hit Oscar hard with a Hidden Power! The balls of fire swirl and blast into Oscar (17 Damage / 5 EN). OK, have another generic Blue Vomit message (2 Damage).

: 100 / 73
: 60 / 70​
: 23 / 67
: 65 / 85​

Trick Room
{IIIIIIIIIIIIIII}
10 Actions Remain

Sunny Day
{IIIIIIIIIIIIIII}
13 Actions Remain​

Blue_Tornado OO
Messy (F)

100 HP / 73 EN
Fast but Slow maaan....​

Danmantican OO
Ocsar (N/A)

60 HP / 70 EN
KILL THE GHOST-PIG!​

Spook (F)

23 HP / 67 EN
Ow...​

Marcia (F)

65 HP / 85 EN
Toxic Level 3 - Advances in 3 Actions
Taunt 1 more Action
WTF did that ghost say?​

Blue Tornado, you're up.

Gah.

Messy:
Sleep Powder (Togepi) ~ Hidden Power [Fire] (Bronzor) ~ SolarBeam (Togepi)

Spook:
Venoshock (Togepi) ~ Shadow Ball (Bronzor) ~ Venoshock (Togepi)

Thank you Trick Room.

I want Oscar to use Extrasensory on Gastly. I want Marcia to make sure she goes after Oscar, then use Extrasensory on Gastly, which should KO the ghost and save Marcia from some heavy damage.

I then want Oscar to use 2 Signal Beams on Tangela, but target Gastly with a Confusion if it is still alive.

I want Marcia to use Psycho Shift on Tangela if she gets a chance. If she still has an action left, use a sun boosted Flamethrower on Tangela.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Blue_Tornado OO
Messy (F)

100 HP / 73 EN
Sleep Powder ~ Hidden Power ~ Solarbeam​

Danmantican OO
Ocsar (N/A)

60 HP / 70 EN
Extrasensory ~ Signal Beam ~ Signal Beam​

Spook (F)

23 HP / 67 EN
Venoshock ~ Shadow Ball ~ Venoshock​

Marcia (F)

65 HP / 85 EN
Toxic Level 3 - Advances in 3 Actions
Taunt 1 more Action
Extrasensory ~ Psycho Shift ~ Flamethrower​

Battle BGM

This trick room is scary for me, so I don't understand how on earth Spook can enjoy this, what with the amount he's hit by these situations. Well, it seems Marcia and Oscar have similar ideas, and each launch simultaneous Extrasensorys, Marcia slightly slower to the punch though, knocking the ghost out regardless (26 Damage / 5 EN Oscar / 10 EN Marcia). Messy seems distraught by the loss of her partner, and in an attempt to get things level, blasts a Sleep Powder at Marcia. It hits, but the previous Sleep Powder seems to have strengthened Marcia's resistence to it, only knocking her into a light sleep (6 EN). Marcia seems to have reverted to the vomiting in her sleep thing. Ouch (3 Damage).

: 100 / 67
: 60 / 65​
: Dead
: 65 / 75 (+1 KOC)​

The match an effective 1 v 1, Oscar recoices in genetating a multicolour ray of light, and shooting it towards Messy. The Signal Beam (17 Damage / 6 EN) was the first hit on Messy, but it most cetrainely won't be the last... Particularly if Messy keeps on doing rash things like Hidden Power (17 amage / 5 EN). They're hot y'know. Suddenly, Marcia wakes up to the feeling of nausea (3 Damage).

: 83 / 62
: 43 / 59​
: 62 / 75​

Marcia is really rilled up now, and is sick of being sick. So, she makes like a parcel and passes it on ala Psycho Shift (7 EN). Although the statuss is passed away from Marcia, Messy is immune to the status. Messy's Oscar seals the deal with another Signal Beam (17 Damage / 6 EN). Messy feels insulted by the present she was going to recieve, and decides to dispose of the little sod with a SolarBeam. The beam of pure light rains from the sky (15 Damage / 7 EN).

: 66 / 55
: 43 / 53​
: 47 / 68​

Trick Room
{IIIIIIIIIIIIIII}
7 Actions Remain

Sunny Day
{IIIIIIIIIIIIIII}
10 Actions Remain​

Blue_Tornado OO
Messy (F)

66 HP / 55 EN
Brilliant gift when you can't use it.​

Danmantican OO
Ocsar (N/A)

43 HP / 53 EN
1 down, 1 to go​

Spook (F)

0 HP / 0 EN
x_X​

Marcia (F)

47 HP / 68 EN
Back to normality.​

Danmantican, your actions please!

Ok, it's time to end this!

Oscar, I want you to start with a Confuse Ray, then follow that up with 2 Signal Beams

Marcia, use Flamethrower, then use Mirror Move to copy his Hidden Power Fire, then finish with another Flamethrower.

EDIT: If possible, make it so Oscar get's the kill.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Blue_Tornado OO
Messy (F)

66 HP / 55 EN
Sleep Powder ~ Hidden Power Fire ~ Hidden Power Fire​

Danmantican OO
Ocsar (N/A)

43 HP / 53 EN
Confuse Ray ~ Signal Beam ~ Signal Beam​

Spook (F)

0 HP / 0 EN
Dead ~ Dead ~ Dead​

Marcia (F)

47 HP / 68 EN
Flamethrower ~ Mirror Move ~ Flamethrower​

Battle BGM

Marcia starts things off this time, by aiming a neat Flamethrower at Messy. It singes the fellow as the flames burn his eyes, causing him to close them shut as a natural reflex (20 Damage / 7 EN). As Messy opens her eyes, she sees a bright light, and she walks into it. Oscar's Confuse Ray (4 EN) has left Messy in a state of Slight Confusion. She barely manages to ignore the confusion this round though, and manages to blast a Sleep Powder (6 EN) at Marcia, who falls into a Light Sleep. There's a new one...

: 46 / 49
: 43 / 49​
: 47 / 61​

Marcia snoozing, Oscar continues the assault on Messy with a Signal Beam, which bedazzles Messy some more (17 Damage / 6 EN). Messy tries to respond, but the confusion causes her to poke herself in the eye. Ouch (3 Damage). At least Messy snaps out of confusion in time for Marcia to wake up. Fun!

: 26 / 49
: 43 / 43​
: 47 / 61​

Suddenly, the voice of Danmantican and a calculator tells Marcia to strike first, and another Flamethrower leaves Messy burnt (20 Damage / 7 EN). Oscar suddenly spins, as a final Signal Beam rips through Messy for the KO (6 Damage / 10 EN). The signal beam hits the walls of this trick room, as it collapes in on itself, revealing the peaceful Viridian Forest once again.

Game Over.

Counters:

DF44: 4 RC

Danmantican: 2 TC
Oscar: 1 KOC ; 1 EC ; 2 MC ; 1 DC
Marcia: 1 KOC ; 1 EC ; 2 MC ; 1 DC

Blue_Tornado: 2 TC
Messy: 1 EC ; 2 MC ; 1 DC
Spook: 1 EC ; 2 MC ; 1 DC

That's all folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)