Wasabe Desert! Acklow vs. Flora!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge
1v1
Singles (NO...LET'S DO DOUBLES *sarcasm*)
3 Day DQ
No Recoveries, No Chills
1 ability
no items
yes switching!

Arena: Wasabe Desert (Yes, I do like the taste of wasabe, don't hate)

It's a desert. There are cactuses (or is it cacti?), plenty of soil to dig into and Sunny Day is always in effect. There is a slight chance that a Sandstorm will occur (40% chance), and when it does, it lasts for a furious 5 Rounds. Water Types do not thrive in these conditions, thus have a 5% chance that their attacks fail (Water type moves, that is). Ice Types are even less suited, so they have a 10% that their attacks fail (Ice type moves, that is). Water and Ice type attacks are nerfed by 1 Damage in this arena as well. Grass and Fire types thrive, so they get a 1 Damage boost to each of their respective attacks (which does not stack). Ground and Rock types receive 1 less Damage (this does not stack) in these conditions.
Cacneas, Cacturnes, and Maractus's all live in this arena. Each time a battling Pokemon get's hit, they may have a random chance encounter with one of each of these Pokemon (10% Cacnea, 5% Maractus, and 3% Cacturne). These Desert Pokemon will use, Absorb, Giga Drain, and Mega Drain, respectively.

Special Rules: Only Second Stage Pokemon (so Pokes like Charmeleon, Ivysaur, etc., but not Scizor, Slowking, etc.), please.

To the ref: If you have any questions concerning the arena, let me know. I will try to answer your questions thoroughly.

Firefly the Vibrava said:

Vibrava (Female)
Nature: Mild (Adds One (1) Rank to Special Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Defense)
Characteristic: Likes to relax. Mild-mannered, Firefly often let's her teammates do all the work. However, when it comes down to business, she will not let them down and strives to take on her opponents head-on.
Type:
Ground
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.
Dragon
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: 3
Def: 1(-)
SpA: 3(+)
SpD: 2
Spe: 70

EC: 4/4/9
MC: 0

Abilities:
Levitate: This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Bulldoze, Dig, Earthquake, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Attacks:

Bite
Sand-attack
Faint Attack
Sand Tomb
Focus Energy
Quick Attack
Earth Power
Dig
SolarBeam
Rock Slide
Sonicboom
Crunch
Earthquake
Feint

Metang (Geranium)
Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpA)

Type:
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 50

Abilities:
Clear Body: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body structure makes it immune to status lowering moves used by opponents. (e.g. Intimidate, Growl, Screech etc.)
Light Metal (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon's body is made of a lightweight but extremely strong alloy. It weighs half as much as other members of the species, but is equally sturdy. The Pokemon executes weak attacks much more effectively, adding +1 priority to all their attacks with 6 or less Base Attack Power (after other ability adjustments). Priority is applied to the summed Base Attack Power of a multi-hit move (e.g. Double Kick has priority at 6 BAP, Skill Link Bullet Seed doesn't at 15 BAP.)

Attacks:
Magnet Rise
Take Down
Metal Claw
Headbutt
Confusion
Scary Face

Earthquake

Iron Head
Zen Headbutt

Flora starts with actions; Acklow can choose to post something inspirational if he wishes.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay Geranium let's do our best!

SCARY FACE! MAKE SURE IT'S REALLY SCARY! THEN IRON HEAD ZEN HEADBUTT HER HEAD TO THE GROUND!

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
This battle will surely be interesting.

Firefly, I want you to do some inspirational stuff. We need inspiration because that's the way we roll. So since Gurren Lagann has been one of my favorite anime so far...

GIGAAAA DRRIILLLL BRRRREEAAAAKKKK!!!!!

Anywho, Firefly, I want you to start off by Focusing your Energy (dang I hate "describing" the move). Follow up by Digging to avoid the Iron Head and Zen Headbutt. Resurface after all those moves are done.

So:
1)Focus Energy
2-3)Evasively Dig, resurfacing after Zen Headbutt

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus

Firefly (F)
En: 100
3 / 1 / 3 / 2 / 70
Levitate

Geranium (U)
En: 100
3 / 4 / 1 / 4 / 50
Clear Body

Round One!

Welcome to this strange desert, where two trainers have decided to stop and have a battle. While Flora gives a pep talk to Geranium the Metang(@), it seems that Acklow has resorted to something more... unorthodox. Waving a rather large drill around, he shouts something about breaking a giga drill. Huh.

Firefly starts the match off with a Focus Energy. I think it focuses her energy; the name of the move is a bit ambiguous... can I have some expert advice on this? Regardless, Geranium isn't too impressed and makes a Scary Face at the focused Firefly. It seems that the face is really scary, lowering Firefly's Speed by an additional three stagesmy reffing speed by two stages! Yeah, feel bad now.

Now slower due to fear, Firefly watches as Geranium slowly makes its way towards her and... suddenly headbutts! This metal-reinforced headbutt manages to deal significant damage, but Firefly doesn't seem to have missed a beat. She quickly digs down into the desert sand, making Geranium unable to find her!

Geranium looks around for a Vibrava to Zen Headbutt, but is unable to find her. The Metang@ sees a silhouette in the sand, could it be Firefly? Deciding to take the risk, it rams into the silhouette with the headbutt. It turns out it was a cactus -_- Firefly quickly comes out of the ground and slams into Geranium, dealing significant damage.

End.

Firefly (F)
HP: 77
En: 82
3 / 1 / 3 / 2 / 70
Levitate
Focused, -1 Spe (3)

Geranium (U)
HP: 76
En: 85
3 / 4 / 1 / 4 / 50
Clear Body

Acklow

Acklow

Well this is interesting. Though I really don't care how all of the damage happens and stuff. Thanks for checking that out.

Anyhow, Firefly, let's fight!!! I want you to start this round off by smacking Geranium with an Earthquake. Follow up by trapping that Metang in a Sand Tomb. Finish off the round by Earthquaking again. Make sure you keep all the focus you can on keeping that Sand Tomb up; we can't let Geranium move about so easily.

So:
1)Earthquake
2)Sand Tomb
3)Earthquake

If Geranium does use Magnet Rise, blast it with Earth Power instead of Earthquake.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I guess it's better to just take the hits and hope for a flinch!

Geranium, ATTACK!

Iron Head - Zen Headbutt - Scary Face

(when you evolve, you'll have ice punch don't worry :D)

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
(will attempt to not make mistake)

Firefly (F)
HP: 77
En: 82
3 / 1 / 3 / 2 / 70
Levitate
Focused, -1 Spe (3)

Geranium (U)
HP: 76
En: 85
3 / 4 / 1 / 4 / 50
Clear Body

Round Two Start!

After a rather loud arguing match, the second round of the battle starts (with revised stats)! Geranium starts the round with an Iron Head at the real Firefly, dealing a good amount of damage. Unfortunately, Firefly still hasn't been caught off guard, summoning a huge earthquake that shakes the entire desert, dealing significant damage to Geranium. It seems to have damaged other Pokemon, as a Cacturne walks into the arena with an angry look on its face. Shooting a Mega Drain at Firefly, it drains some of her health, then walks back out. Interesting.

While Firefly was being damaged by the Cacturne, it seems that Geranium had been charging up a rather powerful headbutt attack. As soon as the Cacturne exits the arena, Geranium goes into a full charge, ramming into Firefly. Unfortunately, its aim seems to be obscured by the desert sand as Geranium misses, hitting another nearby cactus? Firefly smirks and creates a whirling vortex of sand, enveloping the recovering Geranium. It deals some damage, but it also prevents Geranium from moving!

Though immobilized, Geranium is still able to make scary faces... OH THE HORROR. Geranium makes a particularly grotesque face, lowering Firefly's speed by two stages again... Firefly isn't really affected by this and summons another large earthquake to damage the arena. Luckily for her, no evil cactus comes out and assaults her this time.

End.

Firefly (F)
HP: 64
En: 67
3 / 1 / 3 / 2 / 70
Levitate
-2 Spe

Geranium (U)
HP: 30
En: 70
3 / 4 / 1 / 4 / 50
Clear Body
Trapped (2)

Iron Head: (8 + 3 + 3) * 1 - 1 = 13 damage, 4 energy (noflinch)
Earthquake: (10 + 3 - 1.5) * 1.5 = 17.25 ~ 17 damage, 6 energy
Mega Drain: (4 + 3 + 3) * 1 = 10 damage

Zen Headbutt: (miss) (5 energy)
Sand Tomb: (4 + 3 - 1.5) * 1.5 = 8.25 ~ 8 damage, 3 energy
2 HP Drain (ST)

Scary Face: -2 Spe, -6 energy
Earthquake: (10 + 3 - 1.5) * 1.5 = 17.25 ~ 17 damage, 6 energy
2 HP Drain (ST)

Flora, you're up!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Great job metang@! Let's keep it up!

Let's be creative! Use Confusion to break the Sand Tomb down then I want you to jump onto Firefly's back like a pimp via Take Down. Afterward, iron it downward with your head!

Confusion (break focus) - Take Down - Iron Head

Acklow

Don't let that Metang break your focus!!!

Focus Energy (assuming that Focus Energy ran out) to sustain that focus as much as you can. We want that Sand Tomb to keep Geranium immobilized!! Follow through by escaping that Take Down attack with a Quick Attack. After which, I want you to hit Geranium with another Earthquake.

So:
1)Focus Energy to keep that focus (I WILL KEEP THAT FOCUSSSSSS!!!!)
2)Quick Attack away from Geranium's Take Down
3)Earthquake while it Iron Heads

Just a side comment, but Cacturne uses Giga Drain, instead of Mega Drain (Maractus uses MD). Sorry if it was confusing (I knew this problem might arise).

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
Arena Description said:
each of these Pokemon (10% Cacnea, 5% Maractus, and 3% Cacturne). These Desert Pokemon will use, Absorb, Giga Drain, and Mega Drain, respectively.
This means Cacnea:Absorb, Maractus:Giga Drain, and Cacturne:Mega Drain. However, since you meant it the other way, I suppose I'll change it now.

Firefly (F)
HP: 64
En: 67
3 / 1 / 3 / 2 / 70
Levitate
-2 Spe

Geranium (U)
En: 70
3 / 4 / 1 / 4 / 50
Clear Body
Trapped (2)

Round Three!

Geranium is powerless against the strengthening vortex of sand that has ensnared it... that is, until Flora comes up with a brilliant plan. Geranium quickly sends a small telekinesis shock at Firefly, bringing up strange memories. Firefly quickly recovers and refocuses with a Focus Energy, but it seems that the brief lapse was enough for Geranium to slip out! What a surprise!

Geranium spins around in a full circle, attempting to locate Firefly. Finding her, Geranium starts charging forward at a ridiculous speed, hoping to catch Firefly off-guard. Unfortunately, this tactic fails as Firefly darts to the side with surprising agility. Will any Pokemon be able to land an attack?

Before Firefly can dodge again, Geranium rushes again at Firefly, ramming into her with a hard, iron head. It deals significant damage, and Firefly is too surprised to retaliate with another attack!

End.

Firefly (F)
HP: 45
En: 59
3 / 1 / 3 / 2 / 70
Levitate
-1 Spe
Focused (3)

Geranium (U)
En: 57
3 / 4 / 1 / 4 / 50
Clear Body

Confusion: (5 + 3 - 1.5) * 1 - 1 = 5.5 ~ 6 damage, 2 energy
Focus Energy: Success, 5 energy

Take Down: (miss) (7 energy)
Quick Attack: Success, -3 energy

Iron Head: (8 + 3 + 3) * 1 - 1 = 13 damage, -4 energy
Earthquake: (10 + 3 - 1.5) * 1.5 = 17.25 ~ 17 damage, 6 energy (FLINCH)

Acklow.

Acklow

BS Hax.

Well that's alright, Firefly we're going to use brute force this round.

Sand Tomb Geranium once to trap it. Follow up by hitting it with a powerful Earthquake, finishing up with a final powerful Earthquake.

So:
1)Sand Tomb to trap Geranium
2)Earthquake
3)Earthquake

Oh, and "respectively" was directed towards the first time the Pokemon were mentioned:
"Cacneas, Cacturnes, and Maractus's all live in this arena."

Of course, if there was a misunderstanding, it means my grammar sucks...

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Geranium says go die in a hole.

Okay Geranium, this time, we won't let Firefly have any way of focusing on her Sand Tomb! As she's attempting to concentrate it, I want you to Take her Down onto the sand. That's offensive at her finest! And when you're getting raped by a freaking metallic robot with two claw arms, I wouldn't even think of putting that Sand Tomb up in the first place! Once you've stopped her concentration, avoid any quaky harm by getting a Magnet Rise off. Lastly, we need to pull off one last Scary Face to lower her Speed. The next round will be our final straw - let's not mess it up!

Take Down (prevent concentration of the Sand Tomb) - Magnet Rise - Scary Face

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus

Firefly (F)
En: 59
3 / 1 / 3 / 2 / 70
Levitate
-1 Spe
Focused (3)

Geranium (U)
En: 57
3 / 4 / 1 / 4 / 50
Clear Body

Round Four!

Welcome back to the glorious desert of green pasty spicy... stuff. 'Nuff said, let's go back to the match.

Seeing that Firefly is about to prepare another torturous tomb of sand, Geranium quickly takes a countermeasure... in the form of another type of headbutt >_> Backing up a few paces for maximum speed, Geranium rushes forward in a heroic Take Down, ready to disrupt focus and deal damage. Of course, it misses. Don't blame me. Firefly hits with the sand tomb, dealing some minor damage, and trapping Geranium again.

Geranium isn't too happy about the whirling sand, using its electromagnetic skills to levitate high above the ground. In fact, it seems to be levitating really high, so high that Geranium is out of reach of the majority of the tomb! Unfortunately, it still seems that it can't get out, though... Firefly summons a large earthquake, but Geranium is unaffected due to its new spiffy levitation.

As Firefly tries (and fails) to hit Geranium with another Earthquake, Geranium pulls the third scary face of this round, scaring the wits out of Firefly and the various cacti dotted throughout the desert. I never thought that a Metang@ could be scary; did you?

End.

Firefly (F)
En: 40
3 / 1 / 3 / 2 / 70
Levitate
-2 Spe

Geranium (U)
HP: 18
En: 39
3 / 4 / 1 / 4 / 50
Clear Body
Levitating (4)

Take Down: Miss; -7 energy
Sand Tomb: (4 + 3 - 1.5) * 1.5 = 8.25 ~ 8 damage, 3 energy
2 HP Drain (ST)

Magnet Rise: Success; -5 energy
Earthquake: Miss (Levitation), -6 energy
1 HP Drain (ST)

Scary Face: -2 Spe, -6 energy
Earthquake: Miss (Levitation), -10 energy
1 HP Drain (ST)

Flora.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Ah, we tried what we could do to have a chance, but I guess the miss blew it, darn.

Even though one Earth Power won't finish you off right off the spot, all Firefly has to do is use Quick Attack to dodge and make your HP 16 and then Earth Power, so yeah, that's pretty dumb.

Since there's nothing much to do, let's do some arena destroying!

EARTHQUAKE ALL THE CACTI AND BREAK THEM DOWN INTO MICROSCOPIC PIECES AND TAKE AS MUCH CACNEA, CACTURNE, AND MARACTUS WITH YOU AS POSSIBLE!

SUBSTITUTE METAL CLAW (SELF) IF ACKLOW DOESN'T FINISH YOU OFF FOR SOME ODD REASON. HAVING SCRATCH MARKS ON YOURSELF IS DEFINITELY THE WAY OF THE METANG!

Acklow

Well Flora really tried to make it easy on me to win. I guess that I will ease her pain.

Firefly, you did well this battle. I want you to Focus Energy once followed by two Earth Power attacks.

This should be an easy read so I don't think posting "So: 1)etc.etc.etc."

Good game Flora, you seriously had me on the edge there.

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus

Firefly (F)
3 / 1 / 3 / 2 / 70
Levitate
-2 Spe

Geranium (U)
HP: 18
3 / 4 / 1 / 4 / 50
Clear Body
Levitating (4)

Round Five! (straying from commands here, since it's obvious what happens)

Hearing its trainer's strange orders, Geranium is a bit perplexed, but follows them without question. A huge earthquake ripples through the entire desert, damaging none of the combatants. What's that? Do you hear that sound? It's getting louder, louder, louder... OH CRAP. A large horde of Cacnea and Cacturne come towards us from the north, looking for the instigator of the earthquake. "Geranium, we better run to the south!" Flora shouts, a bit panicked. As they run, they hear another noise getting nearer... It's a wall of solid Maractus, blocking their way! "Geranium, we better run to the middle!" Flora shrieks, frozen in terror. As the two hordes of cactus closing in on Flora and Geranium, Acklow just grins wolfishly. "It was a good game, Flora," he says, turning his back. "I hope I'll see you again."

Five minutes later...

"We're blasting off again!!!!!" *ding*

End.

Firefly (F)
3 / 1 / 3 / 2 / 70
Levitate
-2 Spe

Geranium (U)
HP: KO
3 / 4 / 1 / 4 / 50
Clear Body
Levitating (1)

No calcs necessary.

Each trainer obtains 2 TC.
Each Pokemon obtains 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC.
Firefly obtains 1 KO.

I get 2 RC.

This was a pretty cool battle, and I had fun reffing it!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
gg acklow, i wasn't really aiming to win but yeah, i just wanted to have fun with a match.

thanks for evolving metang@!

and thanks EP for the reffing!

Acklow

heh, same here, same here. I'm glad I got the extra KOC, I need all I can get to spurt that Vibrava's growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)