Not open for further replies.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So yeah.

1v1
3 day DQ
0 heal/0 chill
Arena: Temple of (yes) Destiny (Warrior)
There are small columns surrounding the area.
To recap:
- yes Destiny Warrior
- [B}yes[/B] Destiny Warrior
- and yes Destiny Warrior

Switch = lol
No items
1 Ability

Haunter (Violet) (F)
Nature: Hasty (+Spe, -Def | +17% accuracy).

Type:
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 110 (+)

EC: 4/9
MC: 1
DC: N/A

Ability:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Attacks:
Hypnosis
Lick
Spite
Mean Look
Curse
Night Shade
Confuse Ray
Sucker Punch

Toxic
Venoshock
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Explosion

Disable
Clear Smog
Perish Song

Duclohm [Thor] (Male)
Nature: Quiet (+Spa, -Spe, +10% accuracy for opposing attacks)
Type: Electric/Dragon
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.
Abilities:
Shield Dust: (Innate) This pokemon has dust covering the outside of its body that prevents opponents secondary effects from taking place (eg burn from Flamethrower). It does not block direct status moves (such as Thunder Wave.)
Static: (Innate) This pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this pokemon.
Sheer Force (DW): [LOCKED](Can be Enabled) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4(+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 52 (60/1.15) (-)

EC: 5/9
MC: 1
DC: 4/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Growl
Dragon Rage
Leer
Thundershock
Charge
Rain Dance
Twister
Spark
Sonicboom
Double Hit
Hyper Beam
Slack Off
Hurricane

Hydro Pump
Magnet Rise
Heal Bell

Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Thunder Wave

Flora picks ability.
Frosty ^ and chooses moves.
Flora issues orders.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
After a long time thinking, I have finally come to the conclusion that I must use the Levitate ability. I think it will prove to be the most valuable ability of all available abilities in this sacred battle. With Levitation, my Haunter will be able to float to the heavenly skies and strike any unlawful monsters with righteousness. You are not prepared, little one.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
and my duclohm will use Shield Dust, because it is quite dirty and needs to take a shower, but the good thing is that when it moves, the dirt on its fluffy clouds forms this shield of dust that protects it from the mischievous effects of your mischievous moves, you mischievous trainer. So of course it is prepared for you.

And we will start with something simple: Start off by irradiating Thunder Waves of Awesomeness toward the Haunter. Unless it flies to the moon (and let me play among the staaars) it shouldn't be able to escape. After that strike hard with Thunderbolt to prove that you are actually the righteous one. Finalize with dragon pulse for some other corny reason.

Oh and if you happen to fall sleep, just emit constant waves of thunder awesomeness, so you paralyse it if you wake up.

Thunder Wave - Thunderbolt - Dragon Pulse
If put to sleep: Thunder Wave - Thunder Wave - Thunder Wave

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Violet, fly to the moon! you will use Hypnosis because you are that awesome. Plus, you got like 60+17+10=87% accurate Hypnosis so what's not to love? =D

God that thing is so strong though. :( Okay, let's status it completely!

Oh and to continue...

Violet, you are the chosen one. See that puny little electric dragon though? It is nothing compared to your cunning plans. Now from the shadows you will inflict the horrors of life's suffering. Go now!

Hypnosis - Confuse Ray - Toxic
Replace Confuse Ray with Hypnosis if Destiny Warrior cheats and makes it miss

ps confuse ray actions don't apply when a mon sleeps

Destiny Warrior

Haunter (Violet) (F)
Energy: 100%

Duclohm [Thor] (Male)
HP: 100
Energy: 100%

Violet quickly hypnotizes her opponent - that sure was quick! Violet follows up with a Confuse Ray, and ends with a Toxic, but THor wakes up and responds with a THunder Wave, despite his confusion!

Haunter (Violet) (F)
Energy: 83%
20% PAR

Duclohm [Thor] (Male)
HP: 99
Energy: 94%
Confused(1)
Toxic(2)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
movepool sobig -.-

Uhh... yeah, now that I think about it, I don't have a chance of KOing Thor. :/ nerfplz

Violet, sing the mighty Perish Song that will surely be cool! Then reapply the Confuse Ray! Afterward, Hypnosis Thor!

Thor will bow down to the song's unavoidable strength!

Perish Song - Confuse Ray - Hypnosis
If fully paralyzed, push actions back by 1

Frosty

=_=
Wow what an exciting battle [/sarcasm]

Okay Thor, apparently our opponent is determined to hax/annoy our asses off, so let's give it something to worry about on the meanwhile okay?

Start by using a very loud Heal Bell (use more energy if necessary) to get rid of the poison before it gets out of hand and hopefully to block the Perish Song noise. After that fire two Thunderbolts. Fainting it before it faints us both seems like the only choice we have.

Heal Bell - Thunderbolt - Thunderbolt

Destiny Warrior

Haunter (Violet) (F)
Energy: 83%
20% PAR

Duclohm [Thor] (Male)
Energy: 94%
Confused(1)
Toxic(2)

Thor starts with a Heal Bell to cure itself of status. The move doesn't last long enough however, as Violet's screeching Perish Song! The effect is still postponed by an action though. Thor follows up with a Thunderbolt and Violet is fully paralyzed! Thor then goes for another Thunderbolt, and Violet pushes out a Confuse Ray.

Haunter (Violet) (F)
HP: 58
Energy: 64%
15% PAR
Perish Song(will faint after 2 rounds)

Duclohm [Thor] (Male)
Energy: 69%
Confused(2)

Frosty

=_=
That works too.

"Alright Duclohm, keep up the good work. "

Now let's try something different. If she wants to play hax, we can do it too. Start by using Rain Dance. Since the temple was made to hit a certain someone with lightning, meteors and hyenas, I'll assume it is outdoors, right?

After that ROOOOCK it like a HURRICANE and finalize with Hydro Pump.

But if this happen to be an indoors temple, replace Rain Dance and Hurricane with Dragon Pulse and Thunderbolt.

Rain Dance - Hurricane - Hydro Pump

If this happen to be indoors:

Dragon Pulse - Thunderbolt - Hydro Pump

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Uhh, if Violet used Confuse Ray on the final action while being paralyzed (I mean moving last), then Thor can't have a 1 action confusion. Is 2 what you looking for?

Also, Perish Song is done in rounds, not actions. After 2 rounds, both Pokemon will faint.

Oh, this is outdoor so you can Rain Dance. :)

Hypnosis - Hypnosis (if it misses - chance thing) / Chill - Shadow Ball

Destiny Warrior

Yup, it was supposed to be 2.

Also, I knew Perish Song was done in rounds, but I just converted it into actions for simplicity's sake. THe Heal Bell slightly delayed the effect of Perish Song, after I asked on IRC.

I'll ref this after a short bit, stay tuned.

Destiny Warrior

Haunter (Violet) (F)
15% PAR

Duclohm [Thor] (Male)
Energy: 69%
Confused(2)

The round begins with a Rain Dance from Thor! Violet then goes for a Hypnosis, which succeeds again, with Thor falling asleep! While Thor snoozes for the next 2 actions, Violet chills and follows up with a Shadow Ball.

Haunter (Violet) (F)
10% PAR
Perish Song(will faint after 1 round)

Duclohm [Thor] (Male)
HP: 83
Energy: 59%
Confused(1)
Will wake up next action.
Perish Song(will faint after 1 round)

Frosty

=_=
k then i forfeit.

frosty wins and gets the ko counter on violet

2 rounds are reffed which means this isn't a DQ

Rewards
Frosty: 2 Trainer Counters
- Thor > 1 KOC, 1 EC, 2 MCs, and 1 DC
Flora: 2 Trainer Counters
- Violet > 1 EC, 2 MCs, and 1 DC
Destiny Warrior: 2 Ref Tokens

oh yeah gg, thanks for the gengar! <3

additionally, i really don't think the mechanics of perish song should be delayed from a heal bell. all it should have done is removed the toxic poison. why is it doing more?

yeah, calling bullshit overall.
Suit yourself. And "good game".

Thanks for the reffing, Destiny Warrior!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Wait, disregard my last post. I want the Heal Bell event overturned and want this continuing. My "surrender" was really against the whole Heal Bell lessening Perish Song thing, which NEVER should have gone in the first place (since when could that happen seriously).

It just really fucking pissed me off and I just couldn't think properly at all. Really, I would call for a subref at the worst but I'd like to give you the chance to redeem yourself.

Counters are not given out yet until this match ends.

As a note, rounds are entirely different than actions. A round is the whole section of an update while actions are 2-3 separate sequences within the update. When a round "ends", it's not an action at all - it's its own separate thing. And that's how Perish Song works out.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Tell Frosty about this - it's only 1 more round anyway. Thanks for your cooperation.

Well, Violet can't sleep Thor anymore so I'm just going with this.

Shadow Ball - Confuse Ray - Chill

Destiny Warrior

The round begins with a Hydro Pump from Thor - but it misses! Violet goes for a Shadow Ball, doing some damage. Thor spices it up with another Hydro Pump, while Violet fires off a Confuse Ray. Thor strikes with another Hydro Pump, while Violet chills out. Then, the Perish Song activates, and both Pokemon collapse to the floor!

A tie is declared between Flora and Frosty!

Rewards were posted earlier by Flora, both trainers get 2 TC, both mons get EC+2MC+DC, but idk how the KOC works in this situation. I get 2 RC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)