Rolf vs. -Charmander- (AR: Frosty, TR: Rediamond)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Rolf said:
Open challenge

1v1 singles
dq 1 day battler, 2 day ref
No recov 3 chill
Arena is a perfectly normal field
-charmander said:
no items
all abilities
*Yawn*

"Now that is life, Ruki. A normal field, with normal grass and a couple normal trees. A normal pond. A normal man walking his normal dog, a normal pokemon trainer challenging another one to a battle, a normal normal couple doing it in a normal fashion repeateadly and a norma--"

Ruki: Ninetaaaales

"You want to watch it?! You are very naughty, you know that?"

Ruki: Nineninetaaales!!!

"Oh...you meant the battle. Phew...I was about to think some horrendous things about you deary"

*walks toward the battle*

"Okay, guys, If you don't mind, can I ref this match? ok? great."

On one side we have -Charmander- with a team of three basic pokemon.

Nohface [Plate] (M)

Nature:
Adamant

Type:
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 0 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 10

EC: 0/6
MC: 0

Abilities:

Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Attacks:
Scratch
Tackle
Iron Defense
Lick
Leer
Odor Sleuth
Faint Attack
Shadow Sneak
Curse
Psycho Shift
Yawn
Meteor Mash
Taunt
Rock Slide
Will-O-Wisp

Rhyhorn [AlphaJolt] (M)

Nature:
Adamant

Type:
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 25

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Abilities:

Lightningrod: (Innate) These Pokemon naturally attract electricity to themselves and away from partners in double battles. When struck with an Electric attack, they tranfer the energy into their body, using it to increase their Special Attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Rock Head: (Innate) This Pokemon’s hard body prevents it from taking recoil damage from moves such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, and Head Smash.

Reckless (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has an innately aggressive nature that lets it use all-out attacks with recoil more effectively. Recoil attacks from this Pokemon have two (2) more Base Attack Power, and recoil percentage is unaffected.

Attacks:
Horn Attack
Tail Whip
Stomp
Fury Attack
Scary Face
Rock Blast
Counter
Ice Fang
Crunch
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Machop [Mac] (M)

Nature:
Adamant

Type:

Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Stats:

Def: Rank 2
Spe: 35

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Abilities:

Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.

No Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon has an immense confidence from perfecting each of its attacks, giving them all perfect accuracy. Resultingly it feels it can weather every strike, and will not dodge an attack even if ordered to. Only when a OHKO move is issued by the opponent does sense return, and the Pokemon acts normally. Additionally even with their extra skill, the power and exhaustion involved in using OHKO moves prevents them from being benefitted by No Guard, they will have their normal accuracy.

Steafast (DW): (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Attacks:
Low Kick
Leer
Focus Energy
Karate Chop
Low Sweep
Foresight
Seismic Toss
Revenge
Vital Throw
Counter
Encore
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Low Sweep

While on the side we have Rolf with a tea---

*Rolf sends out his Snivy to the field*.

Geez, couldn't you at least wait?

Snivy [Shinon] (M)
Nature: Modest (Attack reduced by *; Special Attack increased by *)

Type: Grass
Grass: Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Stats:

Snivy
HP: 90
Atk: *(-)
Def: **
SpA: ***(+)
SpD: **
Spe: 63

EC: 1/9
DC: 5/5

Abilities:
Overgrow: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any grass attack is increased by two (2). (eg Giga Drain goes from 8 to 10, Solarbeam from 12 to 14)
Contrary: (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon's unique structure reverses stat changes it recieves in battle, both from its attacks and the opponents. At the end of the round, stat changes will still increase/decrease toward 0.

Attacks:
Tackle
Leer
Vine Whip
Wrap
Growth
Leaf Tornado
Leech Seed
Mega Drain
Slam
Giga Drain
Leaf Storm

Glare
Mean Look
Mirror Coat

Taunt
Protect
Hidden Power [Fire 7]

Since Rolf already sent out his poke the order is as follows:

Charmander sends out poke with actions
Rolf sends actions
I Ref
Rolf
Charmander
Me
rinse
and
repeat
???
Profit!!

Let's do this Mac!

DynamicPunch ~ Ice Punch ~ DynamicPunch

If he uses Protect, replace that action with Focus Energy, but only do this once!

Hehe let's see you power me up with Glare ;D

Well since you're just sent out we might as well get your contrary ability going. Protect, then Leaf Storm. Finish by protecting again!

Frosty

=_=
The Contestants

Shinnon (Snivy) [M]
Nature: Modest
Health: 90
Atk: 1(-)
Def: 2
SpA: 3(+)
SpD: 2
Energy: 100%
Boosts: None
Other: None

VS

Machop (Mac) [M]
Nature: Adamant
Health: 100
Energy: 100%
Boosts: None
Other: None​

Round 1

And so it begins. On one side, we have Mr. Smugleaf, the potential sucessor to Mudkips (whether this is good or not, we'll never know), Shinnon the Snivy. On the other side, we have our favourite soon-to-be Steroid Overdose victim back from Generation 1, Mac the Machop. There is no evident type advantage or anything like that, which means that we will probably have a VERY interesting clash of generations! Pay attention, Ruki. You may learn something....what not to do in the worst case scenario.

Turn 1

And Snivy starts by activating yrartnoC, I mean Contrary, which reserves all stat changes. That being done, you can see that Shinnon is focusing on something, gathering this thoughts and energy on a potentially devastation move, perhaps Frenzy Plant or Wood Hammer! And the result of this is...it cowering itself in fear? not cool. Oh well, it should Protect it from any attacks.

On the meanwhile, Mac saw the courageous act of his opponent, which triggered his memory:

"if it uses protect, replace your action with Focus Energy"

"machopchop" (translation: yeah yeah I'll get into it), Mac said, as it focused its energy for the next attack.

Ruki: Nineeetaleess...*yawn*

"Yeah, it was a boring round".

Snivy:
Protect: -7 energy

Machop
Focus Energy: -5 energy - +Crit for 6 rounds

Turn 2

"God please make this more exciting"

Anyway, Shinnon starts the turn by...dancing? it begins to swirl and twirl and spin and other synonyms. Now why is it do--- *pffft* crap, a leaf entered my mou--*SMACK* HEY it hurts! *POW*. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON. THOSES LEAVES ARE ATTACKING ME! SAVE ME RUKI!

*gets fire blasted to the face*

...thanks. That was one hell of a Leaf Storm. Stronger than usual and hit Machop square on, leaving it in Critical conditions. And the Snivy seems actually stronger after this amazing storm!

But Mac won't leave this be. It is focusing some strange energy on its arm and...its getting cold here?

Ruki: "Ninetales?"

"NO NO, DON'T HELP ME I'M FINE"

Anyway, it prepared an Ice Punch and hits Snivy on its belly! Ooh this is gonna leave a mark.

Snivy:
Leaf Storm: 14 (BP) + 3 (STAB) + 1.5 (Rank Dif) + 3 (Crit) = 21.5 (22) damage for 8 energy.
Crit RNG (1/16 for yes): 1/16 (yes)

Machop:
Ice Punch: (8 (BP) + 3 (Rank Dif))*1.5(x2 SE) = 16.5 (17) damage for 6 energy
Crit RNG (1/8 for yes): 6/8 (no)
Freeze RNG (1/10 for yes): 8/10 (no)

Turn 3

With the power boost from the last round, I bet Shinnon will use some amazi---FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOT PROTECT AGAIN!

oh god someone kill m---Nevermind Ruki.

On the meanwhile, Mac is still trying to remember what to do. Since the orders were to use Focus Energy only once, he is trying really hard to find out how to perform a "Dynamic Punch". Does he dance, or jump or call the ancient spirits? Should he call Batman and Robin? All these questions leave him helpless as he does nothing.

Snivy: Protect -7 energy
Machop: Does nothing (it doesn't have Dynamic Punch on its movepool right now) -0 energy

ROUND 1 END

Shinnon (Snivy) [M]
Health: 73
Atk: 1(-)
SpA: 3(+)
Energy: 78%
Boosts: +2 Spa
Other: Slightly frozen belly

VS

Machop (Mac) [M]
Health: 78
Energy: 89%
Boosts: +Crit for 4 turns

Other: Still trying to learn Dynamic Punch​

Rolf's Turn

Well that's nice that it doesn't have dpunch. Go ahead and smack it with a leaf storm, then a giga drain, then another leaf storm!

Frosty

=_=
I apologize for the delay.

The Contestants

Shinnon (Snivy) [M]
Health: 73
Atk: 1
SpA: 3
Energy: 78%
Other: Slightly frozen belly

VS

Machop (Mac) [M]
Health: 78
Energy: 89%
Boosts: +Crit for 4 turns
Other: Still trying to learn Dynamic Punch​

Round 2

Ruki: Ninetales?

Well, Ruki, both pokemon already got to know each other's moves and strategies so the odds are that they will pull no punches this round.

Ruki: Ninenine?

No, Ruki, I am not exaggerating. Hugging this tree and ordering you to use Fire Spin around it are absolutely necessary measures to keep your dear trainer ALIVE.

Turn 1

I guess on this turn Shinnon learned that protecting is boring (and highly unnecessary). He is once again showing his great skills at the mystical ballet art, by swirling and ordering the leaves to wreak quite a havoc. Its a Leaf Storm of Epic Proportions!

But Mac is unfazed by it. He is in a power stance just waiting for Shinnon to get close...and when he does *SMACK*. Wow, even I felt it! Revenge can sure be painful.

Snivy:
Leaf Storm: 14(bp) + 3(stab) + 1.5(rank dif) + 3(+2 boosts) = 21.5 (22) damage for 8 energy
Crit RNG: 9/16 (No)

Machop
Revenge: 12(bp) + 3(stab) + 3(rank dif) = 18 damage for 7 energy
Crit RNG: 2/8 (No)

Turn 2

Shinnon's leaves start to emit an ominious red light as he mutters some probably very sacred words:

"Sninivy ivyvy sniiiivy" (Translation: IMMA CHARGIN MAH LASER!)

And a red beam of pure energy is emitted and engulfs Mac, putting a Giga Drain on its hp. Now that hurts! I guess Contrary and Leaf Storm made it extra powerful.

Mac on the other hand apparently liked the lights (or he has banged his head hard when younger). He is clapping his hands, demanding an Encore!

Snivy:
Giga Drain: 8 (BP) + 3 (STAB) + 1.5 (Rank Dif) + 6(+4 boosts) = 18.5 (19) damage for 11 energy.
9hp healed
Crit RNG: 10/16 (No)

Machop:
Encore: - 10 energy

Turn 3

Shinnon's giant ego probably couldn't restrain itself as he bluntly disobeys his trainer to use once again Giga Drain.

But this time Mac is prepared and from his power stance, he, once again, shows Shinnon the almighty power of revenge. Although, let's face it, he needs to be more vindictive if he wants to win this battle.

Snivy:
Giga Drain: 8 (BP) + 3 (STAB) + 1.5 (Rank Dif) + 6(+4 boosts) = 18.5 (19) damage for 11 energy.
9hp healed
Crit RNG: 8/16 (No)

Machop:
Revenge: 12 (BP) + 3(STAB) + 3 (Rank Dif) = 18 damage for 7 energy.
Crit RNG: 2/8 (No)

ROUND 2 END

Shinnon (Snivy) [M]
Health: 55
Energy: 44%
Boosts: +3 Spa (going back to 0)
Other: Ego is over 9000!

VS

Machop (Mac) [M]
Health: 18
Atk: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 1
Energy: 65%
Boosts: +Crit for 1 turn
Other: Seeking Revenge​

Charmander's Turn

Hey, this is Rediamond, the tutor ref for this battle. There may be some slight mathematical errors that could in some alternate dimention alter the battle. Any delays as of late were my fault for not being faster, and I ask that you wait for a few more minutes so we can get this sorted out. Thank you.

EDIT: Alright, feel free to post

I'm pretty sure I'm under an Encore for one more action, so we'll go ahead and Giga Drain again at no extra cost to ourselves, then Mega Drain for the KO! If that doesn't KO, finish it with a Leaf Tornado!

Frosty

=_=
Yup yup, encore lasts another action, so the Snivy is forced to use Giga Drain once again.

Anyway:

The Contestants

Shinnon (Snivy) [M]
Health: 55
Energy: 44%
Boosts: +3 Spa
Other: Ego is over 9000!

VS

Machop (Mac) [M]
Health: 18
Energy: 65%
Boosts: +Crit for 1 turn
Other: Seeking Revenge​

Round 3

Ruki: Ninetales?

Sheesh, it should end at any second

Ruki: Ninetaaales!!

*Fire Blast to the face*

argh...FINE, I won't tell you to shush anymore. you drama queen.

Action 1

Mac is standing strong and his trainer still determined to find a way to win. If I were him, though, I would have grabbed my poke and ran away a couple actions ago, so kudos to both of them for being more courageous than me! (not that the bar is very high, but whatever).

Anyway, determined to put an end to this and still with the oh-so-dangerous inflated ego, Shinnon goes for another Giga Drain. I guess third time is the charm!

His leaf unleashes another red beam of pure energy that completely engulfs the Machop draining its energy. But what a surprise! It is still standing with a measly 1hp. I guess we have a tough nut to crack here.

And said nut won't leave without giving a special goodbye gift in the form of Ice Punch. Ooh that was a powerful one, hitting Shinnon's Weak Spot.

Snivy:
Giga Drain: 8 + 3 + 1.5 + 4.5 = 17 damage for 11 energy
+8hp
Crit (1/16 yes)= 9/16 (no)

Machop:
Ice Punch: (8 + 3 +3)1.5 = 21 damage for 6 energy
Crit (1/8 yes)= 1/8 (yes)
Freeze (1/10 yes) = 4/10 (no)

Action 2

But the frost (see what i did thar) didn't kick in, and Shinnon is ready to give the final blow. He puts his shades on and shapes a v with his fingers while his leaf produces, once again, another beam of energy, this time green, Mega Draining the last hp from Machop.

pic made by smilie grim reaper from deviantart

Snivy:
Mega Drain: 6 + 3 + 1.5 + 3 = 14.5 (15) damage for 8 energy.
1hp healed
Crit RNG: 7/16 (No)

Machop:
Faint

Action 3

*Shinnon does happy victory dance*

BATTLE END

Shinnon (Snivy) [M]
Health: 43
Energy: 25%
Other: VICTORY

VS

Machop (Mac) [M]
Health: -14
Energy: 59%
Boosts:
Other: maybe next time​

TOKENS

Mac the Machop: 1EC/2MC/1DC
Shinnon the Snivy: 1EC/2MC/1DC/1KOC
-Charmander- and Rolf: 2TC each
Frosty the Assistant Ref: 2RC
Rediamond the Tutor Ref: 1RC

Good night and good mental health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)