A Standard Showdown: Venser vs. iiMKUltra! (1 vs 1 Singles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up, everyone? I'm Dummy007, here at the ASB official arena where a heated match is about to take place between two prominent and very skilled battlers. They shake hands in the center of the arena and walk back to their respective sides. Who are these trainers? None other than Venser and iiMKUltra! The stage is set, the lights are on, and the fans are pumped. Let's get this show on the road!

The rules!

anyways IIMKULTRA AND I ARE 1V1ing
2 day dq i guess
no recovery/5 chill
Switch = my personal favourite, man falling off a cliff
No Abilities
No Items
The arena description!

Surrounded by thousands of screaming Pokemon fans, the ASB Arena can be best described as a standard Pokemon battling arena. In the center of the arena lies a dirt-based floor outlined to show two separate sides (with a white Pokeball center). Surrounding the dirt is a moat filled with water. The moat is about fifteen feet wide and creates a perimeter around the dirt arena. The arena itself is eighty feet wide, one hundred feet long. All moves, weathers, and abilities are legal for the match, since it's an outdoor arena with a large water source and packed dirt. Pokemon must stay in the arena (or the dimensions of the arena in the case of Flying Pokemon, who cannot leave the arena and cannot fly higher than sixty feet). This prevents Pokemon from injuring the crowd watching the tournament. There are no outside interruptions by fans, Pokemon, or other elements not associated with the current battle.

The Pokemon!

Dratini [Soba] (Male)

Nature: Lonely (+ Attack, - Defense)

Type: Dragon
Dragon: (Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Abilities:
Shed Skin (Innate): This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Marvel Scale (DW) (Innate): This Pokemon’s coat shimmers when afflicted with a status condition, reducing the Base Attack Power of incoming physical attacks by two (2).

Stats:
Nature: Lonely
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 50

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Wrap
Leer
Thunder Wave
Twister
Dragon Rage
Slam
Agility

Dragon Dance
Extremespeed
Dragon Rush

Waterfall
Thunderbolt
Fire Blast

Monferno [Chimera] (M)
Nature: Mild (+SpA, -Def)
Type: Fire/Fighting
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: ***
Def: *(-)
SpA: ****(+)
SpD: **
Spe: 81

EC: 6/9
MC: 1
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14).
Iron Fist: (Innate) The Base Attack Power of this Pokemon’s “Punch” attacks is increased by two (2). (Known attacks effected: Bullet Punch, Comet Punch, Dizzy Punch, Drain Punch, Dynamicpunch, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Hammer Arm, Ice Punch, Mach Punch, Mega Punch, Meteor Mash, Shadow Punch, Sky Uppercut, Thunderpunch).

Moves:
Scratch
Leer
Ember
Taunt
Mach Punch
Fury Swipes
Flame Wheel
Nasty Plot
Torment

Counter
ThunderPunch
Encore

Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Claw
Fire Blast

The flow of the match! (substantially less interesting than it might seem based on the previous sentence fragment)

Dummy007 sends out Venser's Pokemon.
Dummy007 sends out iiMKUltra's Pokemon.
iiMKUltra issues orders.
Venser issues orders.
Dummy007 provides insightful commentary.
Venser issues orders.
iiMKUltra issues orders.
Dummy007 provides insightful commentary.
etc.

The battle is ready to begin! iiMKUltra, give your commands!

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
APPROVED

I send out Monferno, who evolves into INFERNAPE.

Infernape [Chimera] (M)
Nature: Mild (+SpA, -Def)
Type: Fire/Fighting
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Stats:
Atk: ****
Def: **(-)
SpA: *****(+)
SpD: ***
Spe: 108

EC: 9/9
MC: 3
DC: 2/5

Abilities:
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14).
Iron Fist: (Innate) The Base Attack Power of this Pokemon’s “Punch” attacks is increased by two (2). (Known attacks effected: Bullet Punch, Comet Punch, Dizzy Punch, Drain Punch, Dynamicpunch, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Hammer Arm, Ice Punch, Mach Punch, Mega Punch, Meteor Mash, Shadow Punch, Sky Uppercut, Thunderpunch).

Moves:
Scratch
Leer
Ember
Taunt
Mach Punch
Fury Swipes
Flame Wheel
Nasty Plot
Torment

Counter
ThunderPunch
Encore

Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Claw
Fire Blast

WOW-Nasty Plot-Fire Blast

If WOW misses, replace Fire Blast with another WOW.

Ugh, I was finally approved as well n.n

Dratini evolves into DRAGONAIR

Dragonair [Soba] (Male)

Nature: Lonely (+ Attack, - Defense)

Type: Dragon
Dragon: (Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Abilities:
Shed Skin (Innate): This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Marvel Scale (DW) (Innate)
: This Pokemon’s coat shimmers when afflicted with a status condition, reducing the Base Attack Power of incoming physical attacks by two (2).

Stats:
Def: Rank 2 (-)
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 70

EC: 4/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Wrap
Leer
Thunder Wave
Twister
Dragon Rage
Slam
Agility

Dragon Dance
Extremespeed
Dragon Rush

Waterfall
Thunderbolt
Fire Blast

Okay, let's do this! Start off with an Agility to dodge his W-o-W, then Waterfall! On the last action, dodge again with an Agility.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
<Venser> i'll fix my actions later iimkultra
<Venser> i gtg
<iiMKUltra> ok
<iiMKUltra> make sure dummy doesn't ref it though

Rules:
1V1 Singles
2 day dq i guess
no recovery/5 chill
No Abilities
No Items

Dragonair [Soba] (Male)

Stats:
Energy: 100
Boosts: none
Other: none

Infernape [Chimera] (M)
Nature: Mild

Stats:
Energy: 100

Round 1 Begin!

The most eventful part of this round is the beginning: Both Venser's Soba and iiMKUltra's Chimera evolve! Blew my mind. Anyway, Chimera harnesses his inner psychic firepower to unleash a Will-O-Wisp. Unfortunately, Chimera's lost touch with his spiritual side from being at the gym so much and the attack misses. Of course, Soba had already increased his agility in an attempt to evade the attack, but it would have missed anyway. At least Soba got a Speed boost, so this wasn't a waste of an action.

Soba, who is now the faster of the two, takes it on the offensive, calling forth a bunch of water to fall on Chimera. The attack leaves a mark, nearly causing Chimera to flinch. However, the fire monkey stands his ground, instead opting to plot nastily about something mean to do to Soba, like drop a grand piano on his head.

Chimera settles on another Will-O-Wisp, but by the time he releases the attack Soba has Agilitied to a far corner of the field. The scheming monkey sulks at this turn of events, while Soba laughs in his face.

End Round 1

Dragonair [Soba] (Male)

Stats:
Energy: 80
Boosts: +1 Speed

Infernape [Chimera] (M)

Stats:
HP: 81
Energy: 79
Boosts: +2 SpA

Will-O-Wisp (Infernape) [Missed] Energy Cost: 7
Agility (Dragonair) [Success] Energy Cost: 7 - +2 Spd

Waterfall (Dragonair) [Success] Damage: 19 Energy Cost: 6
Nasty Plot (Infernape) [Success] Energy Cost: 7 - +2 SpA

Agility (Dragonair) [Success] Energy Cost: 7
Will-O-Wisp (Infernape) [Missed] Energy Cost: 7

You're up, Venser.

Destroy him with a combo of Waterfall ~ Waterfall ~ Waterfall

if he ever uses Counter, use Thunderbolt on that action instead I guess.

Rules:
1V1 Singles
2 day dq i guess
no recovery/5 chill
No Abilities
No Items

Dragonair [Soba] (Male)

Stats:
Energy: 80
Boosts: +1 Speed

Infernape [Chimera] (M)

Stats:
HP: 81
Energy: 79
Boosts: +1 SpA

Round 2 Begin!

The match has just begun, but it's already heating up. Soba scores a direct hit with Waterfall, but Chimera isn't going to crack so easily. He fires off yet another Will-O-Wisp, which actually hits its target this time. Soba suffers from a second-degree burn on its body, reducing the power of his physical attacks.

Soba uses yet another Waterfall, doing far less damage this time due to the burn. Chimera responds to this attack with a mighty Fire Blast, doing direct damage to Soba for the first time this match.

The third action is a clone of the second, with a Waterfall being closely followed by a Fire Blast. Neither Pokemon is ready to give up, but both appear to be tiring in HP and Energy. Soba's Shed Skin fails to remove the burn, but there's always next turn.

End Round 2

Dragonair [Soba] (Male)

Stats:
HP: 64
Energy: 50
Other: 2nd Degree Burn (-3 BAP on physical moves, -2 HP each action)

Infernape [Chimera] (M)

Stats:
HP: 34
Boosts: +2 SpA

Waterfall (Dragonair) [Success] Damage: 19 Energy Cost: 6
Will-O-Wisp (Infernape) [Success] Energy Cost: 11 -2nd Degree Burn (-3 BAP on body attacks, -2 HP per action)

Waterfall (Dragonair) [Success] Damage: 14 Energy Cost: 10
Fire Blast (Infernape) [Success] Damage: 16 Energy Cost: 7
{Burn damage}

Waterfall (Dragonair) [Success] Damage: 14 Energy Cost: 14
Fire Blast (Infernape) [Success] Damage: 16 Energy Cost: 11
{Burn damage}

You're up, iiMKUltra!

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
Mach Punch-Fire Blast-Mach Punch

If he tries to Waterfall two or more times in a row, replace the first Mach Punch with Torment.

Rules:
1V1 Singles
2 day dq i guess
no recovery/5 chill
No Abilities
No Items

Dragonair [Soba] (Male)

Stats:
HP: 64
Other: 2nd Degree Burn (-3 BAP on physical moves, -2 HP each action)

Infernape [Chimera] (M)

Stats:
HP: 34
Boosts: +1 SpA

Round 3 Begin!

Chimera wants Soba gone as fast as possible, so he goes for a priority attack: Mach Punch. The attack strikes Soba for a fair amount of damage, but dragons don't waste time in between attacks. Soba immediately goes for a Waterfall, bringing Chimera's health to dangerously low levels.

Chimera blasts Soba with fire, agitating that severe burn on Soba's back. Soba doesn't let that hold him back, though, and he counterattacks with Thunderbolt. Chimera is now almost running on empty, while Soba remains in fairly good condition.

Chimera tries vainly to score a KO with another Mach Punch, but the attack falls far short. Soba sees an opening and strikes again with Waterfall. The volume of water extinguishes Chimera's flames, leaving the monkey helpless on the ground. He seems to have fainted, but the crew check just to be sure. They confirm the KO; it looks like Venser wins!

End Round 3

Dragonair [Soba] (Male)

Stats:
HP: 24
Energy: 19

Infernape [Chimera] (M)

Stats:
HP: KO
Energy: 39

Mach Punch (Infernape) [Success] Damage: 11 Energy Cost: 2
Waterfall (Dragonair) [Success] Damage: 14 Energy Cost: 18

Fire Blast (Infernape) [Success] Damage: 14 Energy Cost: 7
Thunderbolt (Dragonair) [Success] Damage: 10 Energy Cost: 7

Mach Punch (Infernape) [Success] Damage: 11 Energy Cost: 2
Waterfall (Dragonair) [Success] Damage: 19 Energy Cost: 6 -Critical Hit! Infernape fainted!

Prize Time!
-Venser and iiMKUltra each receive 2 TC.
-Soba (Dragonair) receives 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, and 1 KOC.
-Chimera (Infernape) receives 2 MC and 1 DC.
-I receive 2 RC.

Good game, guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)