2Drag 1Mag (Formerly 2Drag2Tag)

2DRAG_2TAG

Hello Smogon! You most likely know me from the battle server, as PokeManiac Bill. Please rate my team. This team didn't get very high on the ladder, but it usually loses to a combination of hax and me being dumb.

Team Building Process

So I was planning on making a 2Drag1Mag team, one of the most ferocious types of teams. The original design was along these lines. I chose these two dragons because they are the epitome of set up power, and they hit extremely hard.

-
-

Now right here, it was already scary to fight. With SubCM Latias, and Dragon Dance Haxorus, and Magnezone removing Ferrothorns, and charge beaming up on them, usually killing 2 pokemon.

I chose Gliscor Because it can set up on a lot of Skarmorys (Who could be a problem because he can whirlwind away my magnezone), and also effectively countering Excadrill.
-
-
-
-

Almost all teams now need something to muscle past Ttar, and this Bulk Up Scrafty could pummel through a lot of teams.
-
-
-
-
-

I added Trick+ Iron Ball Metagross to beat up Rotom-W and Shed Shell Skarm.
-
-
-
-
-

Now Delko steps in and suggests Nape to set up rocks and be a fighting type, and Wobba to encore and help my pokemon set up. Metagross wasn't doing much with it's tricking, and Scrafty was underwhelming. Infernape and Wobbafett allowed me to get past annoying walls like Bronzong.
-
-
-
-
-

But now Volcarona was ripping holes in my team, and Dragonite walled it. Therefore, he got a spot on my team.

-
-
-
-
-

Wobbafett started great, but he wasn't as helpful with the nerf to encore. In general, he could become set-up bait if I didn't predict right. To help keep my team together, Delko and IronBullet suggested Jirachi, which works extremely well, much better than Wobbafett. Jirachi absorbed hits so well, and wish passed so nicely, he became part of the team.

And now, here I am. The team is really good imo, but I believe it could be better. Please Rate!

THE TEAM

WallBusta#1
(M) @ Expert Belt Trait: Blaze
EVs: 192 Atk / 64 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Here's the rock setter, and as his name obviously implies, the WallBusta. With Overheat and CC and U Turn, he breaks through teams early game easily. The only pokes that consistently annoy him is Lati@s and Vappy. This guy has saved my game tons of times.

*Possible Changes*
LO > Expert Belt, HP Ice > U Turn. These changes would hit a bit harder. and give me a way to beat Gliscor easily.

Synergy
Water- Latias, Dragonite
Psychic- Latias, Wobbafett (And If Dragonite is on full HP, he can take a hit.)
Ground- Latias, Dragonite, Gliscor
Flying- Magnezone

Drag #1
(F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Substitute

The First Drag. With Sub Calm Mind, she can set up on so many threats that rely on status. Her decent bulk and numerous resistances allow for many times to set up. She can't beat Blissey one on one, but Infernape can. These two pokemon tend to soften up teams for one another. With All the steels removed by Magnezone, Dragon Pulse gives perfect coverage. :toast:

*Possible Changes*
Roar > Subsitute. I haven't really tried it yet, because sub is just so effective...

Synergy
Ghost- Magnezone
Dark- Magnezone, Nape.
Bug- Dragonite, Infernape, Gliscor, Magnezone
Dragon- Magnezone (Gliscor can take physical based hits)
Ice- Magnezone, Infernape,

Drag #2
(M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Roost
- Earthquake

The Scariest Dragon. Multiscale gives so much bulk, and Adamant Dragon Dance give 606 (!!) attack after one Dragon Dance. Outrage has done ~40% to a Metagross at 1+. This thing is just to strong. Evs are all standard, nothing of note here. It uses the normal MagDrag. Dragon Dance, then Spam Outrage.

*Possible Changes*
Dragon Claw > Outrage. Outrage hits so hard, but getting locked in is annoying.

Synergy
Dragon- Magnezone
Rock- Magnezone
Ice- Magnezone
The nice thing about Dragonite though is, that Multiscale will keep him alive, even without Magnezone.

Tag #1
@ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 40 HP / 252 spD / 176 Spd
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Do you hear it Ferrothorn? It sounds like, Sub Charge, Sub Charge, Sub Charge... This is the story of Magnezone. He gets up to 6+ and starts killing. this guy almost guarantees two kills in a game. Flash Cannon is preferred over Thunder Bolt because at 6+, Charge Beam kills you anyway.

This guy is the glue of the team. He resists ice for the dragons and Gliscor, and he resists almost every type. three weaknesses, one neutral, and a huge 13 resists!

*Possible Changes*
None.

Synergy
Fighting- Wobbafett, Gliscor, Latias
Fire- Dragonite, Latias, Infernape

@ Leftovers Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Fire Punch
- Wish
- Body Slam
- Iron Head

The Main Man, The Super Steel type. Formerly if Magnezone went down, Dragons could rip through my team. Now with this guy, my dragons keep high on health and worries nothing from things like Specs Latios. Jirachi holds my team together.

*Possible Changes*
U-Turn > Fire Punch. U-Turn allows me to pass Wishes easily and escape Magnezone. Currently testing U-Turn.

Synergy
Ground- Dragonite, Latias, Gliscor.
Fire- Dragonite, Infernape, Latias.

Counter #1
(M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Taunt

The reason Excadrill isn't broken. This is my all purpose wall, taunter, and back up sweeper. You read that right. Back up Sweeper. This guy can set up on Ferrothorn and Skarmory all way. It makes the game so much easier without so many hazards. This guy holds the team from getting wrecked by Fighting types like Conkeldurr.

*Possible Changes*
Ice Fang over Facade. ReachZero suggested facade to me, So I'll stick with it for now.

Synergy
Water- Latias, Dragonite
Ice- Magnezone

The Ending Notes

So this is my team. :naughty: Please rate. :naughty:

Threat list will be below.

Importable
WallBusta#1 (Infernape) (M) @ Expert Belt Trait: Blaze
- Stealth Rock
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- U-turn
Drag #1 (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Substitute
Drag #2 (Dragonite) (M) @ Leftovers
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Roost
- Earthquake
Tag #1 (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Jirachi @ Leftovers Trait: Serene Grace
- Fire Punch
- Wish
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
Counter #1 (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Former Members

Tag #2
(M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 200 Def / 56 SDef / 252 Spd
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Encore
- Safeguard

He didn't actually do much. I wish he would of been a bit more useful so I could keep the name :c

Feel free to use it, just rate please. :)

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hey Bill. good team but the biggest problem i see with this team is your latias.

cm latias is bulky with 252hp/ 252 speed. if you want to use offensive CM use latios
252spa/ 252 spe timid
-calm mind
-dragon pulse/ draco meteor (2 dracos consistantly does more than 2 dpulses consistantly)
-surf/ psyshock
-hp fire/ psyshock

depends if you want to kill blissey or ferro or heatran/ttar for the coverage move.

hey Bill. good team but the biggest problem i see with this team is your latias.

cm latias is bulky with 252hp/ 252 speed. if you want to use offensive CM use latios
252spa/ 252 spe timid
-calm mind
-dragon pulse/ draco meteor (2 dracos consistantly does more than 2 dpulses consistantly)
-surf/ psyshock
-hp fire/ psyshock

depends if you want to kill blissey or ferro or heatran/ttar for the coverage move.
I'll try the bulky Latias Set. Thanks! I'll also test Latios in his place.

Suggestions for Magnezone

Magnezone
Leftovers
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I would recommend a bulkier because as the quote on quote glue of your team he'll need to be able to switch in on hits. Im going to recommend
-80hp (for max subs)
-252spA (for special bulk, he is already got good def and in the chemistry part he'll need to take special hits)
-176 (to outspeed some walls and to generally sweep)
and a timid nature which brings speed to 220

I think this is needed because with no recovery youll need a max subs with leftovers and he sets up so SpAtk isn't necessary (he has a beast spAtk anyway.

Magnezone
Leftovers
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I would recommend a bulkier because as the quote on quote glue of your team he'll need to be able to switch in on hits. Im going to recommend
-80hp (for max subs)
-252spA (for special bulk, he is already got good def and in the chemistry part he'll need to take special hits)
-176 (to outspeed some walls and to generally sweep)
and a timid nature which brings speed to 220

I think this is needed because with no recovery youll need a max subs with leftovers and he sets up so SpAtk isn't necessary (he has a beast spAtk anyway.
i think you mean to say 252 spD

Hmm, I like it, however I think you have a bulk up/ddance scrafty weakness. To help counter this, I recommend either physically defensive Quagsire or Skarmory. Quagsire with unaware also is a solid poke by himself and can provide a nice bug resistance and electric immunity which is really important right now. Skarmory can also fill this spot and provide your team with spiked, reliable phasing. It can also use rocks to allow infernape to use mach punch.

See ya soon and gl

I would probably use a Curse Quagsire, but first, where should I put Quagsire? Instead of Wobbafett? Instead of Gliscor?

Just wondering...

Sorry, I meant to say in place of wobbafet

Edit: Whenever I use a Sub CM Latias, I usually give Def evs instead of Spd, after a CM, the SpD it already goes insanely high

I was thinking Hidden Power Fire is unneeded and can be replaced with something like HP ice to help coverage. Scizor/Bronzong is probably the only reason why you currently use HP fire, however banded Scizors locked in BP/Pursuit do nothing to you anyway, and bronzong is uh meh.

How do you deal with opposing Gliscors?

Hi BeneluxManiacBill ^^

On Latias I suggest an EV's spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe. At +6 Dragon Pulse hits so hard you don't really need SAtk investments while the extra HP EV's allows you to take hits like Power Whip from Ferrothorn and Body Slam from Jirachi without the Substitute breaking. Magnezone also doesn't need max speed, with a Modest nature and 216 Spe EV's it outspeeds all the things it could outspeed while the extra 40 EV's can be put in HP so your Substitute's will be slightly stronger.

Snkz is right about opposing Gliscor can be a bit annoying for you, especially if they carry Taunt so your Woobuffett can effectively handle it. You will also have a tough time against opposing Drag + Mag teams as your only Dragon resist isn't the bulkiest pokemon around. Therefor I would like to suggest Jirachi instead Woobuffett. You won't have Shadow Tag so trap pokes anymore but Body Slam and it's 60% paralysis you could help you set more easily. Jirachi can also provide you with Wish support for the rest of your team. I suggest a moveset of Iron Head / Body Slam / Wish / Stealth Rock. The reason I suggest Stealth Rocks on him is so you can use HP Ice on Infernape. This will help you with opposing Gliscor as well as Drag+Mag teams used against you, KO'ing CB Dragonite, Magnezone, etc.

Hope these suggestions helped and good luck with the team!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey,

I second everything that Delko suggested, bulky Latias is a much more effective set than your current one, and is an amazing late-game cleaner. There are a few options that you could go for over Substitute, namely Refresh, which allows this Latias to completely dismantle stall, with the exception of being phazed out. HP Fire is another alternative for Scizor, as Magnezone cannot switch in as it would simply spam U-turn.

Jirachi is an excellent replacement for Wobb, keeping your sweepers and magnezone at high health with Wish. It is also an excellent counter to the special attackers that could trouble your team, especially SubSplit Gengar and the genies under rain. It shares incredible defensive synergy with Gliscor, and is an invaluable asset against strong dragon attacks such as a Latios Draco Meteor. However, I'd suggest keeping Stealth Rock on Infernape and instead running Protect on Jirachi. Wish + Protect gives Jirachi a much more reliable form of recovery than what only Wish would give you. 252 HP | 216 Sp Def | 40 Spe with a Careful nature gives Jirachi exceptional special bulk, while outspeeding all Tyranitar.

HP Ice over U-turn on Infernape is still a viable choice if you're worried about opposing dragons and Gliscor. Good luck!

OK, I'm back and there are some rates. Goodie.

I was thinking Hidden Power Fire is unneeded and can be replaced with something like HP ice to help coverage. Scizor/Bronzong is probably the only reason why you currently use HP fire, however banded Scizors locked in BP/Pursuit do nothing to you anyway, and bronzong is uh meh.

How do you deal with opposing Gliscors?
HP Fire is to get rid of Ferrothorn, because I can't always get up to 6+.

Gliscor is 2HKO'd by 1+ Outrage from Dragonite I believe. Usually they think "Wall > Sweeper" So I can usually take them out. But a well played Gliscor can screw over my team. Therefore, I am still considering HP Ice > U-Turn on Infernape.

Hi BeneluxManiacBill ^^

On Latias I suggest an EV's spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe. At +6 Dragon Pulse hits so hard you don't really need SAtk investments while the extra HP EV's allows you to take hits like Power Whip from Ferrothorn and Body Slam from Jirachi without the Substitute breaking. Magnezone also doesn't need max speed, with a Modest nature and 216 Spe EV's it outspeeds all the things it could outspeed while the extra 40 EV's can be put in HP so your Substitute's will be slightly stronger.

Snkz is right about opposing Gliscor can be a bit annoying for you, especially if they carry Taunt so your Woobuffett can effectively handle it. You will also have a tough time against opposing Drag + Mag teams as your only Dragon resist isn't the bulkiest pokemon around. Therefor I would like to suggest Jirachi instead Woobuffett. You won't have Shadow Tag so trap pokes anymore but Body Slam and it's 60% paralysis you could help you set more easily. Jirachi can also provide you with Wish support for the rest of your team. I suggest a moveset of Iron Head / Body Slam / Wish / Stealth Rock. The reason I suggest Stealth Rocks on him is so you can use HP Ice on Infernape. This will help you with opposing Gliscor as well as Drag+Mag teams used against you, KO'ing CB Dragonite, Magnezone, etc.

Hope these suggestions helped and good luck with the team!
Yeah, I'm using that spread right now, but haven't updated it yet.

I mentioned this before to you Delko, that I can't do without Fire Punch on my Rachi ^^ The reason I'm doubting using Stealth Rock is because whenever I run Protect/Stealth Rock I get set up on by Magnzeone, which is really annoying. But I'll try Jirachi. Also gets rid of my Scrafty weakness... (I think :b)

The only downside is I'll have to change my team name.

Hey,

I second everything that Delko suggested, bulky Latias is a much more effective set than your current one, and is an amazing late-game cleaner. There are a few options that you could go for over Substitute, namely Refresh, which allows this Latias to completely dismantle stall, with the exception of being phazed out. HP Fire is another alternative for Scizor, as Magnezone cannot switch in as it would simply spam U-turn.

Jirachi is an excellent replacement for Wobb, keeping your sweepers and magnezone at high health with Wish. It is also an excellent counter to the special attackers that could trouble your team, especially SubSplit Gengar and the genies under rain. It shares incredible defensive synergy with Gliscor, and is an invaluable asset against strong dragon attacks such as a Latios Draco Meteor. However, I'd suggest keeping Stealth Rock on Infernape and instead running Protect on Jirachi. Wish + Protect gives Jirachi a much more reliable form of recovery than what only Wish would give you. 252 HP | 216 Sp Def | 40 Spe with a Careful nature gives Jirachi exceptional special bulk, while outspeeding all Tyranitar.

HP Ice over U-turn on Infernape is still a viable choice if you're worried about opposing dragons and Gliscor. Good luck!
I'm already using bulky Latias ^^

Yes, Rachi will fix (some) of my Genie weakness. Of course, you can't fix it all... :b (They ARE broken.)

I'm most likely going to go with HP ice over U-turn on Nape. I think these suggestions will fix a lot of my problems (Except stupidity. :b)

Will test all these suggestions after the Smogon Server comes up. Thanks for all the rates :D

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey,

I'm just saying, personally because i run latias like this a lot (i think i owned bill like 6 times with latias... i know i did agaisnt delko and layton) and while refresh can be useful, its very annoying against opposing ferrothorns who just leech seed you. yes leech seed is that bad when w/ correct predction status can be blocked. obviously refresh works, but i personally think substitue is better overall, if only due to leech seed, which is on one of latias's main counters

also for the team, dont ever keep latias on ferrothorn unless you have +6 or they dont have gyro ball (which then it is complete set up bait).

Yeah, I'm using that spread right now, but haven't updated it yet.
update the thing for useful rates. its kinda hard to rate something thats not the same (ya i did the same thing and woodchuck got mad at me)

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
(ya i did the same thing and woodchuck got mad at me)
I lol'd

You are majorly Scrafty weak, as I think you've noted. It scares out Latias and Magnezone and can set up a DD and clean sweep you. You literally have no way of stopping it short of praying that Moxie hasn't given Scrafty enough boosts to ohko DNite through Multiscale, while banking on Multiscale being intact in the first place.
Anyways, this is gonna sound weird, but I am suggesting a Support Mew over Wobbuffet.
Mew shuts down walls with Taunt and also Will-O-Wisps threats to give Latias a chance to set up, forcing your opponent to choose between a half-power physical move or a special move that progressively gets weaker as you gain more boosts.

Moreover,
252 +1 Atk Life Orb Scrafty Crunch vs 252 HP/224 Def Mew: 72.77% - 85.4%
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)
So Mew can switch in as Scrafty DDs and Will-O-Wisp it.

name: Support
move 1: Taunt
move 2: Will-O-Wisp
move 3: Softboiled
move 4: Psychic / Seismic Toss
item: Leftovers
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe

This Mew will help with Scrafty a bit while still preserving Wobbuffet's role in shutting down walls and creating setup opportunities. Won't preserve the name though >.>

Another thing of note is that you have a ridiculous Ice weakness with two of your pokemon being 4x weak to it, another being 2x weak, and then having two resists, one of which isn't cut out to be taking any hits. At all.

Since your team can trap and kill Ferrothorn, why not run a Quagsire over Gliscor? Quagsire still walls Excadrill (perhaps even better than Gliscor does) and eliminates any weakness you have to Scrafty as well, so you can go ahead and keep Wobbuffet.

name: Curse
move 1: Curse
move 2: Recover
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Waterfall / Stone Edge
ability: Unaware
nature: Careful
evs.: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Since this Quagsire is Specially Defensive, it also helps deal with Thundurus (which can certainly be a major problem for your team) and you may want to go for Stone Edge over Waterfall so you can hit Thundurus for SE.

Anyways, nice team, and I hope my suggested changes work out.

I lol'd

You are majorly Scrafty weak, as I think you've noted. It scares out Latias and Magnezone and can set up a DD and clean sweep you. You literally have no way of stopping it short of praying that Moxie hasn't given Scrafty enough boosts to ohko DNite through Multiscale, while banking on Multiscale being intact in the first place.
Anyways, this is gonna sound weird, but I am suggesting a Support Mew over Wobbuffet.
Mew shuts down walls with Taunt and also Will-O-Wisps threats to give Latias a chance to set up, forcing your opponent to choose between a half-power physical move or a special move that progressively gets weaker as you gain more boosts.

Moreover,
252 +1 Atk Life Orb Scrafty Crunch vs 252 HP/224 Def Mew: 72.77% - 85.4%
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)
So Mew can switch in as Scrafty DDs and Will-O-Wisp it.

name: Support
move 1: Taunt
move 2: Will-O-Wisp
move 3: Softboiled
move 4: Psychic / Seismic Toss
evs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe

This Mew will help with Scrafty a bit while still preserving Wobbuffet's role in shutting down walls and creating setup opportunities. Won't preserve the name though >.>

Another thing of note is that you have a ridiculous Ice weakness with two of your pokemon being 4x weak to it, another being 2x weak, and then having two resists, one of which isn't cut out to be taking any hits. At all.

Since your team can trap and kill Ferrothorn, why not run a Quagsire over Gliscor? Quagsire still walls Excadrill (perhaps even better than Gliscor does) and eliminates any weakness you have to Scrafty as well, so you can go ahead and keep Wobbuffet.

name: Curse
move 1: Curse
move 2: Recover
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Waterfall / Stone Edge
ability: Unaware
nature: Careful
evs.: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Since this Quagsire is Specially Defensive, it also helps deal with Thundurus (which can certainly be a major problem for your team) and you may want to go for Stone Edge over Waterfall so you can hit Thundurus for SE.

Anyways, nice team, and I hope my suggested changes work out.
That Adamant Life Orb Exca cleanly 2HKO's max hp Quaggy. The Jolly Balloon stuff can have a 50%~ chance to 2HKO. I don't want to take that risk >.<.

If I choose Mew, Shed Skin Bulk Up Scrafty eats up my team. Currently I'm testing Rachi which can survive most hits, and para back. Gliscor takes care of Bulk Up Variants.

Luckily Scrafty is so underrated right now, that he doesn't show up very often.

Currently, Jirachi is in Wobbafetts spot, and is doing pretty nicely. I haven't tested Quagsire in that spot yet though. I'll try Mew as well. Such a big testing list >.<

And about, Thundurus, I don't really have a good check for him. Even with Quaggy, It's still inb4 Grass knot :/ Then I only have Magnezone, who even then can't take that many hits. So yeah, he's really annoying. (By annoying I mean broken)

Rachi can take him out though.

prem

failed abortion
ok NO ONE ever uses grass knot on thundurus, idc if it can. it really never ever does. the only time it does is on a life orb 4 attacks set, which means it cant cock your whole team with a np sweep

Perhaps Rotom W over Gliscor? It would resist your heavy fire and ice weaknesses and could sort of function as your Excadrill counter. Not to mention it deals with Gliscor very well. Just to show you how bulky it can be.....

(Using Metagross as my false Excadrill as it has same base attack and no STAB boost for Rock Slide)

Max Attack Adament LO Rock Slide to Max HP Rotom does 37.5% - 44.4%
Max Attack Jolly Ballon Rock Slide after a SD does 52% - 61.5%

This means you can take a hit from Excadrill fairly well and counter with either a damning Hydro Pump or a Crippling WoW. Its worth a shot.

Edit: Up at a better hour, so I am going to improve this post.

Okay, so standard Rotom W use...

name: Standard
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 2: Hydro Pump
move 3: Will-O-Wisp
move 4: Pain Split
ability: Levitate
nature: Modest
evs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe

Now, the set is fine but the spread will have to be tweaked a bit to suit your own personal needs. I suggest a 252 HP/ 112 SpA/ 144 Spe spread as it will give you the bulk you need with that magic speed number while still being able to dent things.

While we are fiddling with that Gliscor slot, lets examine another possible option.

Option 2

Bronzong is great counter to Excadrill that will also be able to help set up rocks, deal with dragons, and remove Gliscors. Standard Bronzong use this set.

name: Tank
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Gyro Ball
move 3: Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Earthquake
nature: Sassy
evs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
ivs: 2 Spe

This should work just fine on your team. However, if you are going to use Bronzong you are going to have to drop Jirachi. Vaporeon is a great replacement as it is a bulky water that resists your fire and ice weak spots while also being able to pass Wishes that Bronzong just loves having.

Standard Vaporeon use this set:

name: Wish Support
move 1: Wish
move 2: Protect
move 3: Scald
move 4: Roar / Ice Beam / Toxic
ability: Water Absorb
evs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD

Now Roar seems like the best option for your last slot as it will let you deal with that boosting Scrafty weakness.

If you go with option two you can drop rocks on Ape and go for a mixed set instead. Once again, here is the standard set:

name: Mixed Attacker
move 1: Overheat
move 2: Close Combat
move 3: U-turn / Grass Knot
move 4: Stone Edge / Mach Punch
item: Life Orb
nature: Naïve / Hasty
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Regardless of whether or not you go with option one of two, you would be best to change that Dnite set to Bulky DD. Here is the set:

name: Bulky Dragon Dance
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Dragon Claw / Outrage
move 3: Fire Punch
move 4: Roost
item: Leftovers / Lum Berry
ability: Multiscale
nature: Adamant / Jolly
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spe

Well, I hoped this helped. Credits go to Smogon C&C for the sets.

2DRAG_2TAG

Hello Smogon! You most likely know me from the battle server, as PokeManiac Bill. Please rate my team. This team didn't get very high on the ladder, but it usually loses to a combination of hax and me being dumb.

Team Building Process

So I was planning on making a 2Drag1Mag team, one of the most ferocious types of teams. The original design was along these lines. I chose these two dragons because they are the epitome of set up power, and they hit extremely hard.

-
-

Now right here, it was already scary to fight. With SubCM Latias, and Dragon Dance Haxorus, and Magnezone removing Ferrothorns, and charge beaming up on them, usually killing 2 pokemon.

I chose Gliscor Because it can set up on a lot of Skarmorys (Who could be a problem because he can whirlwind away my magnezone), and also effectively countering Excadrill.
-
-
-
-

Almost all teams now need something to muscle past Ttar, and this Bulk Up Scrafty could pummel through a lot of teams.
-
-
-
-
-

I added Trick+ Iron Ball Metagross to beat up Rotom-W and Shed Shell Skarm.
-
-
-
-
-

Now Delko steps in and suggests Nape to set up rocks and be a fighting type, and Wobba to encore and help my pokemon set up. Metagross wasn't doing much with it's tricking, and Scrafty was underwhelming. Infernape and Wobbafett allowed me to get past annoying walls like Bronzong.
-
-
-
-
-

But now Volcarona was ripping holes in my team, and Dragonite walled it. Therefore, he got a spot on my team.

-
-
-
-
-

Wobbafett started great, but he wasn't as helpful with the nerf to encore. In general, he could become set-up bait if I didn't predict right. To help keep my team together, Delko and IronBullet suggested Jirachi, which works extremely well, much better than Wobbafett. Jirachi absorbed hits so well, and wish passed so nicely, he became part of the team.

And now, here I am. The team is really good imo, but I believe it could be better. Please Rate!

THE TEAM

WallBusta#1
(M) @ Expert Belt Trait: Blaze
- Stealth Rock
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Here's the rock setter, and as his name obviously implies, the WallBusta. With Overheat and CC and U Turn, he breaks through teams early game easily. The only pokes that consistently annoy him is Lati@s and Vappy. This guy has saved my game tons of times.
Would you consider a special attacker 'nape? he could greatly benefit your team by taking out phy. walls and cleaning up late game:
name: Nasty Plot
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Focus Blast / Close Combat
move 4: Grass Knot / Vacuum Wave
nature: Timid / Naive
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Aerrow gets credit for the set

*Possible Changes*
LO > Expert Belt, HP Ice > U Turn. These changes would hit a bit harder. and give me a way to beat Gliscor easily.
If so, run a mixnape

Synergy
Water- Latias, Dragonite
Psychic- Latias, Wobbafett (And If Dragonite is on full HP, he can take a hit.)
Flying- Magnezone

Drag #1
(F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Substitute

The First Drag. With Sub Calm Mind, she can set up on so many threats that rely on status. Her decent bulk and numerous resistances allow for many times to set up. She can't beat Blissey one on one, but Infernape can. These two pokemon tend to soften up teams for one another. With All the steels removed by Magnezone, Dragon Pulse gives perfect coverage. :toast:

*Possible Changes*
Roar > Subsitute. I haven't really tried it yet, because sub is just so effective...
I personally run roar on all my CMtias, as if you predict your opponent switching to something dangerous you can just roar before it comes in.

Synergy
Ghost- Magnezone
Dark- Magnezone, Nape.
Bug- Dragonite, Infernape, Gliscor, Magnezone
Dragon- Magnezone (Gliscor can take physical based hits)
Ice- Magnezone, Infernape,

Drag #2
(M) @ Leftovers
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Roost
- Earthquake

The Scariest Dragon. Multiscale gives so much bulk, and Adamant Dragon Dance give 606 (!!) attack after one Dragon Dance. Outrage has done ~40% to a Metagross at 1+. This thing is just to strong. Evs are all standard, nothing of note here. It uses the normal MagDrag. Dragon Dance, then Spam Outrage.
Seems solid, but could be bulkier for moar lap-dancing dragons

*Possible Changes*
Dragon Claw > Outrage. Outrage hits so hard, but getting locked in is annoying.
It is possible to run both, but not recommended but IMO, if steels are gone OR>DC

Synergy
Dragon- Magnezone
Rock- Magnezone
Ice- Magnezone
The nice thing about Dragonite though is, that Multiscale will keep him alive, even without Magnezone.
Still, be very careful of rocks

Tag #1
@ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 252 spD / 176 Spd
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

solid, keep it
Do you hear it Ferrothorn? It sounds like, Sub Charge, Sub Charge, Sub Charge... This is the story of Magnezone. He gets up to 6+ and starts killing. this guy almost guarantees two kills in a game. Flash Cannon is preferred over Thunder Bolt because at 6+, Charge Beam kills you anyway.

This guy is the glue of the team. He resists ice for the dragons and Gliscor, and he resists almost every type. three weaknesses, one neutral, and a huge 13 resists!

*Possible Changes*
None.
good boy

Synergy
Fighting- Wobbafett, Gliscor, Latias
Fire- Dragonite, Latias, Infernape

@ Leftovers Trait: Serene Grace
- Fire Punch
- Wish
- Body Slam
- Iron Head

The Main Man, The Super Steel type. Formerly if Magnezone went down, Dragons could rip through my team. Now with this guy, my dragons keep high on health and worries nothing from things like Specs Latios. Jirachi holds my team together.

*Possible Changes*
U-Turn > Fire Punch. U-Turn allows me to pass Wishes easily and escape Magnezone. Currently testing U-Turn.

Synergy
Ground- Dragonite, Latias, Gliscor.
Fire- Dragonite, Infernape, Latias.

Exca OHKO's with earthquake, so be careful

Counter #1
(M) @ Toxic Orb
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Taunt

The reason Excadrill isn't broken. This is my all purpose wall, taunter, and back up sweeper. You read that right. Back up Sweeper. This guy can set up on Ferrothorn and Skarmory all way. It makes the game so much easier without so many hazards. This guy holds the team from getting wrecked by Fighting types like Conkeldurr.
Skarm usually carries whirlwind, be careful

*Possible Changes*
Ice Fang over Facade. ReachZero suggested facade to me, So I'll stick with it for now.
Fang stops other gliscs, dugtrio, and the genies

Synergy
Water- Latias, Dragonite
Ice- Magnezone

The Ending Notes

So this is my team. :naughty: Please rate. :naughty:

Threat list will be below.

Importable
WallBusta#1 (Infernape) (M) @ Expert Belt Trait: Blaze
- Stealth Rock
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- U-turn
Drag #1 (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Substitute
Drag #2 (Dragonite) (M) @ Leftovers
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Roost
- Earthquake
Tag #1 (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Jirachi @ Leftovers Trait: Serene Grace
- Fire Punch
- Wish
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
Counter #1 (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Former Members

Tag #2
(M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 200 Def / 56 SDef / 252 Spd
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Encore
- Safeguard

He didn't actually do much. I wish he would of been a bit more useful so I could keep the name :c

Feel free to use it, just rate please. :)
Solid, but a few things to watch out for

i would run Fire Punch on Dragonite over EQ. You'd only loose coverage on Heatran but wouldn't have to switch out whenever a surprise steels blocks your path. I also like running 252 HP EVs for max roost, but that's preference. nice team, good luck>

So many Rates <3

Wow, Thanks for the rates guys! I haven't checked in a while, thanks.

[

i would run Fire Punch on Dragonite over EQ. You'd only loose coverage on Heatran but wouldn't have to switch out whenever a surprise steels blocks your path. I also like running 252 HP EVs for max roost, but that's preference. nice team, good luck>
I have run Fire Punch, but EQ is more important to beat Tran. (Magnezone anyone?)

This next post it nice and big, so I'm going to be commenting in bold.

Perhaps Rotom W over Gliscor? It would resist your heavy fire and ice weaknesses and could sort of function as your Excadrill counter. Not to mention it deals with Gliscor very well. Just to show you how bulky it can be..... I have never tried him as an Excadrill counter, this will be interesting.

(Using Metagross as my false Excadrill as it has same base attack and no STAB boost for Rock Slide) I always do the same thing xD

Max Attack Adament LO Rock Slide to Max HP Rotom does 37.5% - 44.4%
Max Attack Jolly Ballon Rock Slide after a SD does 52% - 61.5%

Whoa. Just whoa. I'll test that.

This means you can take a hit from Excadrill fairly well and counter with either a damning Hydro Pump or a Crippling WoW. Its worth a shot.

I really hate low accuracy moves. Still good though xD

Edit: Up at a better hour, so I am going to improve this post.

Okay, so standard Rotom W use...

name: Standard
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 2: Hydro Pump
move 3: Will-O-Wisp
move 4: Pain Split
nature: Modest
evs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe

Now, the set is fine but the spread will have to be tweaked a bit to suit your own personal needs. I suggest a 252 HP/ 112 SpA/ 144 Spe spread as it will give you the bulk you need with that magic speed number while still being able to dent things.

Definitely decent.

While we are fiddling with that Gliscor slot, lets examine another possible option.

Option 2

Bronzong is great counter to Excadrill that will also be able to help set up rocks, deal with dragons, and remove Gliscors. Standard Bronzong use this set.

name: Tank
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Gyro Ball
move 3: Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Earthquake
nature: Sassy
evs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
ivs: 2 Spe

This should work just fine on your team. However, if you are going to use Bronzong you are going to have to drop Jirachi. Vaporeon is a great replacement as it is a bulky water that resists your fire and ice weak spots while also being able to pass Wishes that Bronzong just loves having.

Standard Vaporeon use this set:

name: Wish Support
move 1: Wish
move 2: Protect
move 3: Scald
move 4: Roar / Ice Beam / Toxic
ability: Water Absorb
evs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD

Now Roar seems like the best option for your last slot as it will let you deal with that boosting Scrafty weakness.

OK so I have seen all you have shown me right now. These are extremely well thought out ideas. Excellent stuff here.

If you go with option two you can drop rocks on Ape and go for a mixed set instead. Once again, here is the standard set:

name: Mixed Attacker
move 1: Overheat
move 2: Close Combat
move 3: U-turn / Grass Knot
move 4: Stone Edge / Mach Punch
nature: Naïve / Hasty
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Regardless of whether or not you go with option one of two, you would be best to change that Dnite set to Bulky DD. Here is the set:

name: Bulky Dragon Dance
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Dragon Claw / Outrage
move 3: Fire Punch
move 4: Roost
item: Leftovers / Lum Berry
ability: Multiscale
nature: Adamant / Jolly
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spe

This is nice. I'm a bit wary of this set, because the raw power of Adamant Max Attack Outrages are so great. But this might do well. I will try to test most of your suggestions. (On Gliscor's spot, I'm leaning towards #1 Option.)

Well, I hoped this helped. Credits go to Smogon C&C for the sets.

Thanks for all the effort you put in to rating my team.
OK, now I can finally get onto Phear's post.

The main thing I'm seeing in your post (Sorry if I'm skipping a lot of important points :/), is my Nape set. I am currently using a MixNape with Rocks. Your (Aerrow's) Nasty Plot set is nice, but I still need rocks. I could go with them on Rachi I guess... I'll see how that goes.

Wow, thanks so much for the rates guys, I have a lot of testing to do. Sorry for being a late responder, my Internet has been down for a bit.

Keep them coming ;D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)