Action Rafting! ~ 2v2 Doubles, ToastTyrant13 vs. Paradoxus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, sometimes I think our broadcasting company is trying to kill me. Making me ref a battle while white water rafting? Unbelievable! Maybe it's payback for that incident in the parking lot... But no matter! Today, we have a doubles match between ToastTyrant13 and Paradoxus. Both of them are fairly new to the ASB League, so let's see what they have in store! But, first, the challenge itself!

Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries, 4 Chills
First stage pokemon only (ie Bulbasaur; yes. Heracross; no)
Arena: White Water Rafting

~The trainers control their pokemon from a large Orange raft in the great White Water Rapids of north-western califrnornia. The river is rather narrow, allowing the trainers to control pokemon that are both on-shore and in the water. Flying type pokemon and Water type pokemon have free reign, while Fire types are slowed down in order to ease their way down the shore. The soil is fertile and moist while there's an abundance of trees for a great 2 on 2 battle.

Taking the above...
Switch=KO
One Ability
No Items

And, without further ado, our competitors!

Magikarp(*) Aqualos (M)

Nature: Adamant (+1 Rank to Attack; -1 Rank From Special Attack)
Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities: Swift Swim
Swift Swim: (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast in slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.
Rattled (Dream World LOCKED): (Innate) These Pokemon are more easily frightened by Ghost, Bug, and Dark-typed attacks and will raise their speed by one (1) stage when struck by attacks of those types.

Stats:

HP: 80
Atk: Rank 2 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 0 (-)
SpD: Rank 1
Spe: 80

EC: 3/6
MC: 2
DC: 1/5

Attacks
Splash(*)
Tackle(*)
Flail (*)
Bubble(*)
Reversal(*)
Bounce(*)

Cacnea (*) Chlora (F)
Nature: Naughty (+1 to Attack, -1 to Special Defense)

Type: Grass
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 4(+)
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 35

EC: 1/6
MC: 1
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Sand Veil: This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Water Absorb (Dream World LOCKED): This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recovering 50% of the damage the water attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with water to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself.

Attacks
Poison Sting(*)
Leer(*)
Absorb(*)
Growth(*)
Leech Seed(*)
Sand Attack(*)
Pin Missile(*)
Ingrain(*)
Disable(*)
Seed Bomb(*)
Worry Seed(*)
Double Team(*)
Payback(*)
Swords Dance(*)
~~~~~~~~~
Hidden Power Ice 7

Phanpy(Trunks) (*) (M)
Nature: Adamant: Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Attack

Type: Ground
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 40

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Pickup (Innate) This Pokemon has a natural habit of collecting items. Whenever a hold item (its own or an opponents) is used or knocked onto the ground with a move like Knock Off, this Pokemon will immediately pick up that item without using an action. It can also grab dropped or naturally occurring hold items in arenas.
Sand Veil (DW) (Innate) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Moves:

Odor Sleuth (*)
Tackle (*)
Growl (*)
Defense Curl (*)
Flail (*)
Take Down (*)
Rollout (*)
Natural Gift (*)
Slam (*)

Earthquake (*)
Rock Slide (*)
Roar (*)

Ice Shard (*)
Head Smash (*)
Fissure (*)

Spoink (MagicBacon) (*) (M)
Nature: Modest (+Special Attack, -Attack)

Type: Psychic
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 0 (-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 60

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Thick Fat: (Innate) This Pokemon has a great deal of extra fat or muscle that increases its resistance to extreme heat or extreme cold, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire and Ice-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.)
Own Tempo: (Innate) This Pokemon moves at its own pace and cannot be confused by any method.
Gluttony (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon devours healing and stat increasing berries at 50% health (flat) instead of 25% health (flat).

Attacks:

Splash (*)
Psywave (*)
Odor Sleuth (*)
Psybeam (*)
Psych Up (*)
Confuse Ray (*)
Magic Coat (*)

Psyshock (*)
Shadow Ball (*)
Hidden Power Fighting (*)

Whirlwind (*)
Future Sight (*)
Lucky Chant (*)

And, finally, the turn order! Since it's simply a 2v2 and all of the Pokemon here are present, we'll omit having to send them out in separate posts. Let's get straight to the rafting actio--whoa, don't bump the raft into those rocks, you idiot! Do you want all this expensive equipment to drown?!

...erm. Right. Turn order!

-Paradoxus issues first actions
-ToastTyrant13 issues second actions
-MAGICAL REFFING REF TIME
-Reverse order, rinse, repeat
-???
-PROFIT

And heeeeeeeeere we go!

Okay then, Chlora, Aqualos. SHOW 'EM HOW IT'S DONE! Sadly they get to make the first move, but that just means we'll be able to retaliate!

MMMK, so since you guys are a good combo, lets use that to our advantage.

First, MagicBacon, I wan't you to bounce as high as you can, and while you are in the air try to smack down any incoming attack with a Whirlwind. Then to finish it off, use Future Sight on Aqualos to kill off an incoming bounce.

Then Trunks, use Earthquake while MagicBacon is in the air, then I wan't you to use a Head Smash + Ice Shard combo at Chlora for a whole buttload of damage, so the Priority of Ice Shard negates the negative Priority of combos.

Summary:

MagicBacon: Bounce in the air, use Whirlwind at any incoming attack, then use Future Sight(Aqualos)

Trunks: Earthquake, then Head Smash+Ice Shard combo (Chlora)

Aqualos, this is YOUR battle to win! Your obviously faster than that MagicBacon, so bounce into the air as high as possible and crash down upon him while he tries to bounce on his own. Since he'll be recovering from that blow, let gravity be you guide and tackle MagicBacon to the ground! Bounce off of his head with full force and get back in the water.

Okay Chlora, here's what I need you to do. Jump around the trees and plant a leech seed on Trunks' back; weighing it down as it shakes the earth! Try to intercept that Ice Shard as well so that you can disable it afterwards to slow his roll and protect you from future attempts at an Icy combo! Next run up behind MagicBacon and deal some payback to Spoink for trying to take advantage of Aqualos!

Summary

Aqualos = Bounce (MagicBacon) -> momentum boosted Tackle (MagicBacon) -> Bounce (MagicBacon)

Chlora = Leech Seed (Trunks) -> Disable [Ice Shard(Trunks)] -> Payback (MagicBacon)

Paradoxus, two problems:

-Head Smash doesn't have negative priority.

-Combos take 2 actions to use, so you can't go "move, move, combo". You need to adjust your actions to reflect this. Thanks.

Aqualos
HP: 80
Energy: 100
Boosts/Drops: N/A

+

Chlora
HP: 90

vs.

MagicBacon

+

Trunks

-Round 1 begin-

As I always say, if you want to have a good battle, have it at 30 MPH down a speeding river. ...Well, I don't always say that, but it's an impromptu proverb that definitely fits this impromptu style of battling.

Aqualos immediately realizes that the thrashing waters are his domain, and naturally...flops up into the air at an abnormally high rate. Looks like he'll be there for a long time. MagicBacon follows him, bouncing as well to a similar height. The two Pokemon stare each other down as they both defy gravity, and await the moment when they both get to smack each other back down. Speaking of back down...Back down on the shore, Trunks releases a devastating Earthquake...only for it to hit one other Pokemon, Chlora, who resists it entirely, and takes the hit without a problem. The aftershocks rock the riverbed, and the Trainers (and me!) in the rafts can easily feel the effects. Chlora responds with a series of tiny seeds that latch onto Trunks and begin to slowly drain his health. Chlora can already feel the health-generating effects, it seems.

Back up in the air, we're seeing some action form as gravity begins to take hold on Aqualos and MagicBacon. Aqualos puts the momentum from his bounce into a super-powerful Tackle, and it works, doing some visible damage to MagicBacon. In response, MagicBacon works his magic and creates a whirlwind powerful enough to send Aqualos spiraling back into the ground! I'm seeing some bruises on that fish, definitely. Chlora readies a Disable attack, but then realizes that the move she was trying to disable hasn't even happened in the match yet! Oops! Trunks prepares...something or other, and smashes its sturdy elephantine head into Chlora, using ice shards to try and increase its speed. Honestly, I have no idea what to make of this combination, but let me tell you something, I've seen a lot more Phanpies propelling themselves with Rollout than other moves. Ah, well, you have to try everything, I guess.

Magic Bacon, now peacefully hopping on the ground instead of at some dangerous altitude, begins using its psychic powers to see into the future! What does it see? Who knows! Maybe it saw the end of world hunger, or humanity's impact on the greater universe...or, maybe, it just saw an incredibly powerful attack looming around the corner for Aqualos. Trunks, after that odd display of moves, has to cool down a bit, but can't ignore the residual damage from those Leech Seeds. Chlora sneakily delivers a powerful Payback (best served cold) after going after MagicBacon did, resulting in massive critical damage! Aqualos, content with just flopping about, uses another Bounce attack on MagicBacon, doing some decent damage.

This round was a mixmatch of odd combinations and even more odd circumstances. But, hey, that's Pokemon battling for you! Catch us next time!

-Round 1 end-

Aqualos
HP: 75
Energy: 79

+

Chlora
HP: 68
Energy: 78

vs.

MagicBacon
HP: 64
Energy: 80

+

Trunks
HP: 85

Action 1~
Aqualos Bounce (evasive) 7 energy successful, Aqualos bounced into the air
MagicBacon Bounce (evasive) 7 energy successful, MagicBacon bounced into the air
Trunks Earthquake 6 energy hits, does 10 (BP) + 3 (STAB) + 1.5 (Ranks) * .67 (2x resist) = 10 damage to Chlora, Aqualos evaded the attack, MagicBacon evaded the attack
Chlora Leech Seed 9 energy successful, Phanpy was seeded

Action 2~
Aqualos Tackle (momentum boosted) (same 85% accuracy of Bounce attack, 9 BP normal move, no paralysis chance, at Bounce's energy cost) 7 energy hits, does 9 (BP) + 3 (crit) = 12 damage to MagicBacon
MagicBacon Whirlwind 7 energy hits, Aqualos is thrown back to the ground, 5 gravity damage
Chlora Disable (Ice Shard) 6 energy misses, Ice Shard hasn't been used yet
Trunks Head Smash + Ice Shard (Rock typing, BP of both moves, recoil still applies, priority changed from -2 to -1, combo makes pretty much no sense) 14 energy hits, does 16 (BP) + 1.5 (Ranks) = 18 damage to Chlora, 9 recoil to Trunks (3 seed damage, +3 health to Chlora, 5 actions left for seed)

Action 3~
MagicBacon Future Sight 6 energy successful, MagicBacon predicted an attack
Trunks combo cooldown (3 seed damage, +3 health to Chlora, 4 actions left for seed)
Chlora Payback 7 energy hits, does 10 (BP) + 3 (crit) + 3 (Ranks) * 1.5 (2x weak) = 24 damage to MagicBacon
Aqualos Bounce 7 energy hits, does 9 (BP) = 9 damage to MagicBacon, no paralysis

ToastTyrant13 gets first actions for round 2.

I had posted Disablen when he had Ice Shard as a second action so...yeah... ANYWAYS, Updating from 3DS, so sorry for typos.
Aqualos! Bounce onto Trunks and dish out a few dents! Tackle MagicBacon twice on your way back into the water! We'll see how things go from there.
Chlora! Disable Ice Shard THIS TIME, then execute a Seed Bomb+Payback combo on MagicBacon to try take him to the ground!

Mmk, got an epic combo for you two.

K, so first I want MagicBacon to throw up a substitute and Trunks to use an evasive Rollout which should shake off the leech seed. Then I want Phanpy do a big jump, while spinning, and then I want MagicBacon to use a Whirlwind aimed at Phanpy to get him to huge heights, then I want Phanpy to use a big head smash by using gravity to his advantage so Head Smash does amazing damage. When trunks is about to hit the ground, jump.

Summary:

MagicBacon: Substitute (15), Whirlwind (Trunks), Evasive Jump
Trunks: Rollout (evasive), jump and get taken away from MagicBacon's winds, and use gravity to your advantage by using a big head smash

Aqualos
HP: 75
Energy: 79

+

Chlora
HP: 68
Energy: 78

vs.

MagicBacon
HP: 64

+

Trunks
HP: 85

-Round 2 begin-

I don't know about you, but I'm starting to feel seasick...maybe it's from the sheer intensity of this battle! The combatants receive their orders this time around and immediately spring into action, so I don't even have time to hold on to this raft...Really, that's dangerous, because the rafts have begun to move downstream! Looks like the battle's going to be done on the move from now on. Hopefully, the trainers can stay resolute even under this atmosphere of immense motion.

Trunks starts off the round by using Rollout, a move that most Phanpy trainers should be familiar with. Curling itself up into a ball, Trunks begins to roll down the shore, hopefully trying to avoid Aqualos along the way. Unfortunately, it can't dodge the Leech Seeds, which are still locked onto the elephant's body and sapping his health. MagicBacon begins bouncing downstream, skillfully navigating through the rocks embedded in the river, leaving a Substitute behind for his opponents to play with. Chlora shuffles downstream, learning from her mistakes last round and actually managing to wipe Ice Shard from Trunks' memory this time around. Aqualos, not having to deal with the land like the rest of the battlers, emerges from the water and Bounces on top of Phanpy like some sort of antiquated video game enemy, managing to hit through Trunks' relatively slow roll.

Aqualos emerges from the water a second time, immediately afterward, to Tackle MagicBacon in an attempt to keep him from moving, but simply flops off of the doll that MagicBacon set up. The doll is still intact, as well. MagicBacon uses its surprisingly unexpected control of the wind to summon forth another raging whirlwind, without seeming to aim it at any Pokemon...wait, is this really happening? The Whirlwind is aimed at Trunks! I'm incredibly confused by this point, but Paradoxus must have something planned! Looks like I spoke too soon, folks, Trunks is using the whirlwind to get an extra boost with a Rollout jump! The elephant flies high into the air, and now I'm even more curious (and slightly scared) as to what Paradoxus has in store for his Phanpy. Chlora seems to be incredibly not amused, and instead throws some more Payback MagicBacon's way...hold on, those are shaped like Seed Bombs...Oh, I see! ToastTyrant made Chlora imbue her Seed Bombs with the same nasty energy that drives Payback! They sure did some good damage, too, because MagicBacon's substitute got completely ripped apart by the attack!

In accordance to Paradoxus' orders, MagicBacon takes this opportunity to jump into the air using its built-in spring. On his way up, Aqualos manages to get one last Tackle in on the pig Pokemon, timing his own jump with MagicBacon's. Chlora and Aqualos look around confusedly now, wondering exactly what's going to happen next. Let me tell you, I have no idea either! Wait, hold on, they're looking up...maybe I should--OH DEAR LORD! It's an elephant missile! Run for your lives! Yes, Paradoxus' grand plan comes to fruition now, as Trunks careens into the ground at high speed with a ground-leveling Head Smash! The attack does massive damage to both Aqualos and Chlora, but also does massive damage to itself! After all, it's not quite as sturdy (no pun intended) as its evolution, so the poor Pokemon must really be hurting. Who knows how fast it was even going?! Do you know, cameraman? No? Fine. I guess we'll have to take a look at the footage later, but that was one hell of a move! The dust cloud is so huge, I can't even see anything. It's not like anything's happening, though. After that exhausting combo and that huge attack, Chlora can't do anything but cool down.

This round started with some extra motion, but ended with an almost cataclysmic attack. What do these contenders have in store for us in later rounds? Come see next ti--oh, wow, look at that psychic blast! I completely forgot about the Future Sight from last round. It even went critical! This battle is getting more interesting by the minute...tune in next time!

-Round 2 end-

Aqualos
HP: 40
Energy: 59

+

Chlora
HP: 66
Energy: 58

vs.

MagicBacon
HP: 33
Energy: 54

+

Trunks
HP: 55
Energy: 55

Action 1~
Trunks Rollout (1) (Dodge) 5 energy successful, Disable's accuracy reduced by (40 - 35 / 5 = 1%) (3 damage from seeds, +3 health to Chlora) (3 actions left for seeds)
MagicBacon Substitute (15 HP) 12 energy successful, MagicBacon set up a Substitute
Chlora Disable 6 energy successful, Ice Shard disabled for 6 actions
Aqualos Bounce 7 + 4 energy hits, does 9 (BP) damage to Trunks, no paralysis

Action 2~
Aqualos Tackle 3 energy hits, does 5 (BP) damage to MagicBacon's Substitute
MagicBacon Whirlwind 7 energy successful, MagicBacon whipped up a whirlwind
Trunks Rollout (2) (Jump) 6 energy successful, the winds increase Trunks' jump height (3 damage from seeds, +3 health to Chlora) (2 actions left for seeds)
Chlora Seed Bomb + Payback (This one was difficult, and again, it makes barely any sense, but how I see it is throwing Dark-type Seed Bombs that have 13 BP, and take on the characteristics of Seed Bomb, a.k.a. none) 5 + 7 * 1.2 = 14 energy hits, does 13 (BP) + 3 (Ranks) * 1.2 (2x weak) = 24 damage to MagicBacon's Substitute, MagicBacon's Substitute broke!

Action 3~
MagicBacon Evasive Bounce 7 energy successful, Tackle's accuracy reduced by (60 - 80 / 5 = -4%)
Aqualos Tackle 3 + 4 energy hits, does 5 (BP) damage to MagicBacon
Trunks Big Head Smash (Now, this one was vaguely defined, so I'm assuming you want an area-of-effect kind of thing. Here's how it works: We'll take Head Smash and apply multi-battle rules to it, so 75% BP (9) spread amongst enemies, same accuracy, recoil = half of total damage, rounded down, +5 energy (arbitrary number)) 14 energy hits, does 9 (BP) + 3 (crit) + 1.5 (Ranks) = 14 damage to Aqualos, and 9 (BP) + 1.5 (Ranks) = 11 damage to Chlora, does 12 recoil damage to Trunks, misses MagicBacon since he's in the air (3 damage from seeds, +3 health to Chlora) (1 action left for seeds)
Chlora combo cooldown

Round end~
MagicBacon Future Sight hits, does 10 (BP) + 3 (STAB) + 3 (crit) + 4.5 (Ranks) = 21 damage to Aqualos

Paradoxus gets first actions for round 3!

that was some lulzy narration... but I was thinking like Magikarp and Phanpy crashing into eachother at supersonic speeds, dbz style.

Anywho... Trunks, I wan't you to use Defense Curl twice, which should give Rollout some serious power, then use Rollout on Aqualos.

and MagicBacon, I wan't you to use Confuse Ray on both Pokemon and then use Psych Up on Trunks to take those defense boosts, so your defenses should be pretty huge.

SUMMARY:

Trunks: Defense Curl, Defense Curl, Rollout (Aqualos)
MagicBacon: Confuse Ray (Chlora), Confuse Ray (Aqualos), Psych Up (Trunks)

Okay Chlora, they want to play that game? FOCUS ON TRUNKS THIS WHOLE ROUND! CREATE A DOUBLE TEAM (2 copies) TO THROW OFF HIS CHANCE OF CONFUSING YOU! Use those 2 clones of yours to execute a powerful release of your Hidden Power Ice on Trunks, and then fire off another Hidden Power Ice!

Let's go Aqualos, you can't back down! Bounce out of the water and crash down on Trunks; try to cipple him from the back! After springing back up into the air, Bounce up again to avoid that Confuse Ray and crash back down on Trunks; attempting to cripple him if he isn't already while dealing respectable damage. WATCH OUT FOR THAT ROLLOUT, and finish of this round by Bouncing out of the way and on to MagicBacon with crippling force as you head back to the water!

Chlora: Double Team (2) -> Hidden Power Ice -> Hidden Power Ice (all Trunks)

Aqualos: Bounce(Trunks) -> Bounce(Trunks) -> Bounce (MagicBacon)

You guys are great. Three doubles rounds in one day!

Aqualos
HP: 40
Energy: 59

+

Chlora
HP: 66
Energy: 58

vs.

MagicBacon
Energy: 54

+

Trunks
HP: 55
Energy: 55

-Round 3 start-

After the shenanigans of last round, can this round keep up? Who knows! The rafts seem to be moving a bit faster, but I don't think neither the Pokemon nor the trainers realize/care at all.

When life gives you lemons, spam Confuse Ray to make your opponent unable to counter you. Wait, that's the wrong saying? Shut up, cameraman, get back to work, no one pays you to correct the referee. Either way, that's how MagicBacon wants to run this round, and his first Confuse Ray takes its toll on Chlora, slightly confusing her. Trunks moves next, and instead of attacking (I don't know how safe that is after that fall...), he curls himself into a ball to increase his defensive power (Imagine how much that would hurt if he sustained fractures!). Luckily, the Leech Seeds finally fall off, though the extra health Chlora gained will definitely help her later in the fight. Chlora, not wanting the confusion to hamper her (though being ultimately slower than MagicBacon...) creates two clones with the help of Double Team! Now there are three Cacneas roaming the shore, and honestly, I can't tell which one is which. Aqualos, as bouncy as ever, predictably bounces out of the water and lands on Trunks. The Defense Curl must really feel nice, because Trunks doesn't seem to be phased at all!

Continuing with the spam, MagicBacon aims another Confuse Ray at Aqualos, slightly confusing him as well! This whole match is confusing, and now it's even reached the Pokemon...I get confused thinking about it. Let's hope I don't hit myself (spoiler alert)! Trunks does the smart thing, and continues to increase its defense with Defense Curl. Now, the little elephant must feel like a rock. I sure would if I had to curl myself up after falling that distance...Chlora begins its barrage of Hidden Power Ice, but mistakenly falls into the river and hits herself on the head with a rock. To add insult to injury, the clones dissipate, too. Oh, the tragedies of confusion! Aqualos tries to Bounce on Trunks again, but he flops the wrong way and hits a rock, too. Ouch! Good thing these superfluous self-injuries caused Chlora and Aqualos to come to their senses...

MagicBacon must be a real team player, sending Trunks into the air and making him fall X feet and all. Now, he's even copying his stat changes! That's right, using Psych Up, MagicBacon feels just as tough as Trunks now. Trunks begins to roll...out. Very fast, actually; it seems that Defense Curl earlier in the round really helped out. He careens into Aqualos as he flops out of the river for some solid damage, and the poor fish is sent flying back into the rapids. Chlora's Hidden Power Ice manages to hit this time, chilling Trunks to his very core! With that amount of damage, the elephant must be in some real trouble. Aqualos valiantly jumps out of the water after being smacked in, and goes for a final Bounce, hitting Trunks and causing some of Trunks' spinal fractures to dislocate! And by that, I mean, it inflicts paralysis. Sure sucks for that tiny elephant...missile...boulder...thing.

Paradoxus was able to stall the round with confusion hax, but ToastTyrant has the clear damage advantage! Who will emerge the victor?! Tune in next time!

-Round 3 end-

Aqualos
HP: 26
Energy: 42

+

Chlora
HP: 62

vs.

MagicBacon
Energy: 33
Boosts/Drops: +1 Defense

+

Trunks
HP: 24
Energy: 36

Action 1~
MagicBacon Confuse Ray 5 energy hits, Chlora Slight Confusion for two actions
Trunks Defense Curl 5 energy successful, defense up (1) stage
Chlora Double Team (2) 8 energy successful, evasion up (1) stage (1 action left for confusion)
Aqualos Bounce 7 energy hits, does 9 (BP) - 1.75 (boosts) = 7 damage to Trunks, no paralysis (3 damage from seeds, +3 health to Chlora, seeds gone)

Action 2~
MagicBacon Confuse Ray 5 + 4 energy hits, Slight Confusion on Aqualos for two actions
Trunks Defense Curl 5 + 4 energy successful, defense up (1) stage
Chlora HP Ice nope, hit itself, 3 energy, does 4 (BP) + 3 (Ranks) = 7 damage to itself (confusion gone)
Aqualos Bounce nope, hit itself (somehow...), 3 energy, does 4 (BP) damage to itself (confusion gone)

Action 3~
MagicBacon Psych Up 7 energy successful, MagicBacon copied +2 defense of Trunks
Trunks Rollout (1) 5 energy hits, does 8 (BP + Defense Curl, sorry bro, doesn't stack with multiple Defense Curls) + 1.5 (Ranks) = 10 damage to Aqualos
Chlora HP Ice 5 energy hits, does 7 (BP) + 3 (crit) + 1.5 (Ranks) * 1.5 (2x weak) = 18 damage to Trunks
Aqualos Bounce 7 energy hits, does 9 (BP) - 3 (boosts) = 6 damage to Trunks, inflicts 20% paralysis to Trunks

ToastTyrant13 gets first actions for round 4.

Can't add much flavor at the moment; updating from 3DS.

Aqualos, bounce on MagicBacon 3 times and attempt to crpple him and deal some great damage!

Chlora, start off this round by hitting Trunks with a Hidden Power Ice! Then interfere with MagicBacon's Thick Fat using Worry Seed, and hit it with a Hidden Power Ice! If it happens to set up a Substitue before you can Worry Seed, try to hit it with some Payback instead!

Aqualos:Bounce->Boune->Boune (all MagicBacon)
Chlora:HP Ice(Trunks)->Worry Seed(MagicBacon)(Payback instead if he uses Substitute)->HP Ice(MagicBacon)

well, gee, you must of forgot that I had Magic Coat, didn't you?

MagicBacon, I wan't you to dodge the first bounce, then use Magic Coat when he tries to worry seed you, and then use Confuse Ray on Aqualos

Trunks, use an evasive rollout to dodge that HP Ice, then use flail twice to hit Aqualos and Chlora before they does any serious damage to MagicBacon

SUMMARY:

MagicBacon: Dodge the Bounce, Magic Coat, Confuse Ray Aqualos

Trunks: Evasive Rollout, Flail (Aqualos), Flail (Chlora)

I can't believe I've been forgetting the actual...y'know, bouncing part of Bounce...doesn't really matter though, on with the show!

Aqualos
HP: 26

+

Chlora
HP: 62

vs.

MagicBacon
Energy: 33

+

Trunks
HP: 24
Energy: 36

-Round 4 begin-

The match is beginning to draw on even longer now, with the rafts moving at the same speed as they were two rounds ago. Trunks and MagicBacon seem exhausted, and Chlora and Aqualos are raring to go, but the serenity of this scene can go topsy-turvy at any moment.

To begin the round, Aqualos Bounces into the air, trying to avoid all the damage he can, with his low health and all. MagicBacon attempts to dodge the Bounce as Aqualos plummets back to the ground, but having a distinctly lower speed, there's really no way he could dodge it at this point. Trunks decides to follow suit, though his evasive Rollout isn't exactly the best plan of action when both him and Chlora are slow. Chlora responds with the Hidden Power from last round, and it hits, doing massive damage to Trunks, though the elephant still seems to be kicking. Aqualos flies down, now, and bonks off of MagicBacon's head for some decent damage.

Seeing that this strategy works out well for him, Aqualos decides to bounce again, and soars up into the air, if only for a limited time. MagicBacon creates a Magic Coat, to help shield it from non-damaging attacks, as per Paradoxus' orders. Trunks, realizing that his low HP can do nothing but sway him in the right direction, decides to capitalize on his wounds and uses a powerful Flail on Aqualos...who happens to be in the air, so the attack misses. Chlora fires some worrisome-looking seeds at MagicBacon, but that well-timed shield blocks them without a problem. Looks like MagicBacon is going to be keeping his Thick Fat, but honestly, I would rather lose the weight than keep it on...Oh, and Aqualos bounces off of MagicBacon's head again. Obviously, he takes more than three hits to go down, Aqualos, the retro strategy isn't working to well...

Except he doesn't really care, huh? Yep, a third Bounce from Aqualos leaves us once again with three combatants instead of four for the duration of the round. MagicBacon uses Confuse Ray, but the fish being targeted is currently a lot higher than MagicBacon could ever be. Trunks unleashes another low-health Flail attack, slamming Chlora for critical damage! Chlora uses another Hidden Power, this time on MagicBacon, who resists it with Thick Fat. Oh, and how can we forget the Bounce attack as Aqualos flops about at terminal velocity? Poor MagicBacon is getting beat on...but then he runs out of energy, and flops, rather uneventfully, into a KO'd state.

With Chlora alone against two extremely exhausted Pokemon, can ToastTyrant get out of this dilemma, or will Paradoxus use team effort to take this fight home?! Tune in next time!

-Round 4 end-

Aqualos
HP: Spammed
Energy: too
Boosts/Drops: Bounce

+

Chlora
HP: 47
Energy: 21

vs.

MagicBacon
HP: 7
Energy: 14

+

Trunks
HP: 11
Energy: 13

Action 1~
Aqualos Bounce 7 + 4 energy successful, Aqualos bounced into the air
MagicBacon Dodge Bounce 5 energy successful, accuracy reduced by (60 - 80 / 5 = -2%)
Trunks Evasive Rollout 5 energy successful, HP Ice accuracy reduced by (40 - 35 / 5 = 1%)
Chlora HP Ice 5 + 4 energy hits, does 7 (BP) + 1.5 (Ranks) * 1.5 (2x weak) = 13 damage to Trunks, no paralysis
Aqualos Bounce hits, does 9 (BP) - 1.75 (boosts) = 7 damage to MagicBacon, no paralysis

Action 2~
Aqualos Bounce 7 + 8 energy successful, Aqualos bounced into the air
MagicBacon Magic Coat 9 energy successful, MagicBacon put up a Magic Coat
Trunks Flail 7 energy misses, no paralysis
Chlora Worry seed 7 energy fails, Magic Coat blocks the attack
Aqualos Bounce hits, does 9 (BP) - 1.75 (boosts) = 7 damage to MagicBacon, no paralysis

Action 3~
Aqualos Bounce 7 + 12 energy successful, Aqualos bounced into the air
MagicBacon Confuse Ray 5 energy misses
Trunks Flail 7 + 4 energy hits, no parahax, does 10 (BP) + 3 (crit) + 1.5 (Ranks) = 15 damage to Chlora
Chlora HP Ice 5 energy hits, does 7 (BP) * .67 (2x resist) = 5 damage to MagicBacon

Paradoxus gets first actions for round 5.

Okayt Chlora, we gotta' take care of Trunks! Hit it with a nasty Hidden Power Ice! If it doesn't KO him, hit him with ANOTHER Hidden Power Ice! If it does KO him, attempt to finish MagicBacon up with a Payback! Since it probably won't finish him, go with another Payback!

HP Ice (Trunks) -> HP Ice (Trunks; if Trunks is already down, then Payback @ MagicBacon) -> Payback (MagicBacon)

Chlora
HP: 47
Energy: 21

vs.

MagicBacon
HP: 7
Energy: 14

+

Trunks
HP: 11
Energy: 13

-Round 5 begin-

With both teams losing some sort of their ability to function, the match has come to a bit of a standstill right now. While each Trainer offers their actions to their Pokemon, the Pokemon themselves brace their bodies for what might be their last round in combat--this time around, anyway, Pokemon don't die, you idiot.

MagicBacon and Trunks immediately take the initiative (and their numbers advantage) to its maximum, and barrage Chlora with Psyshock and Flail attacks, respectively, but neither of those attacks KO the resilient cactus. Chlora fires one last Hidden Power Ice, and Trunks, the mighty elephant missile, falls to the ground, KO'd.

MagicBacon and Chlora have quite the standoff, here. Neither of them wants to take their turns too rashly, but both of them need to fulfill the orders of their trainer! MagicBacon assaults Chlora's mind yet again with Psyshock, leaving her at critical amounts of HP. Could this be it for Chlora...? No, Pokemon fans, no it is not! Chlora is getting up, and with one last ounce of her strength, gives MagicBacon the Payback he deserves! The attack sends the pig Pokemon sprawling out on the ground, KOing him. Chlora stands, exhausted, as the victor of today's battle! And, of course, by proxy, I suppose Chlora's trainer should win, too.

-Round 5 end-

Chlora
HP: 4
Energy: 5

vs.

MagicBacon
HP: Payback:
Energy: Best
Boosts/Drops: Cold

+

Trunks
HP: Elephantine
Energy: Cold
Boosts/Drops: Victim

Action 1~
MagicBacon Psyshock 5 energy hits, does 8 (BP) + 3 (STAB) + 3 (Ranks) = 14 damage to Chlora
Trunks Flail 7 + 8 energy hits, does 10 (BP) + 1.5 (Ranks) = 12 damage to Chlora
Chlora HP Ice 5 + 4 energy hits, does 7 (BP) + 1.5 (Ranks) * 1.5 (2x weak) = 14 damage to Trunks, Trunks deadified

Action 2~
MagicBacon Psyshock 5 + 4 energy hits, does 8 (BP) + 3 (STAB) + 3 (Ranks) = 14 damage to Chlora
Trunks Flail nope, too dead for that
Chlora Payback 7 energy hits, does 10 (BP) + 3 (Ranks) * 1.5 (2x weak) = 20 damage to MagicBacon, MagicBacon deadified

Now, everyone's favorite part!

XVIcaliber: 4 RC worth of cold, hard cash
Paradoxus: 2 TC, and 1 KOC to apply to ONE of his Pokemon (stupid ambiguous energy loss KOs...)
ToastTyrant13: 2 TC, and a shiny new win for your registration post

Aqualos: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC
Chlora: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 2 KOC
MagicBacon: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC
Trunks: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC

Thanks for being so creative, guys. I really enjoyed reffing this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)