XVIcaliber vs rewindman in a creative arena(a Metal Bagon is the ref travellog tutor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am soo exited!! My first and it's in such a creative arena!!!
Nah, it's just a tournament actually, never trust titles (espially news paper titles).

XVIcaliber said:
2v2 singles
First-stage and 2/3-stage Pokemon allowed
1 day DQ/4 Ref
1 Recover/ 4 Chill per Pokemon
Arena: Opponent's choice
rewindman said:
I'll accept it,
all abilities
Switch = KO
No Items
creative arena said:
The ASB Tournament Arena

Surrounded by thousands of screaming Pokemon fans, the ASB Arena can be best described as a standard Pokemon battling arena. In the center of the arena lies a dirt-based floor outlined to show two separate sides (with a white Pokeball center). Surrounding the dirt is a moat filled with water. The moat is about fifteen feet wide and creates a perimeter around the dirt arena. The arena itself is eighty feet wide, one hundred feet long. All moves, weathers, and abilities are legal for the match, since it's an outdoor arena with a large water source and packed dirt. Pokemon must stay in the arena (or the dimensions of the arena in the case of Flying Pokemon, who cannot leave the arena and cannot fly higher than sixty feet). This prevents Pokemon from injuring the crowd watching the tournament. There are no outside interruptions by fans, Pokemon, or other elements not associated with the current battle.
As you can see I've edited XVIcalider's to a four day ref DQ because that was what I said would happen when I accepted this battle as my first ref. Anyway here the teams!!!

Team XVIcaliber!!!

Slashe(*) - Sneasel (M)
Nature: Jolly (+15% Speed, +X Accuracy, -1 Sp. Attack)

Type: Dark/Ice
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 132 (+) (+30% accuracy)

Abilities:
Inner Focus (Innate): When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Keen Eye (Innate): This Pokemon has extremely good vision and cannot have its accuracy lowered by any means. Its attacks are still affected by an opponent’s evasion.
Pickpocket (Innate) (DW): This Pokemon's mischievous nature and greed make it very effective at pawning off an opponents item. If this Pokemon has no item and the opposing Pokemon strikes it with a contact attack, their item is stolen and becomes the held item of this Pokemon.

Moves:
Scratch(*)
Leer(*)
Taunt(*)
Quick Attack(*)
Screech(*)
Faint Attack(*)
Fury Swipes(*)
Agility(*)

Ice Punch(*)
Fake Out(*)
Pursuit(*)

Aerial Ace(*)
Brick Break(*)
Double Team(*)

Faust - Houndour (M)
Nature: Hasty (+15% Speed, +X% Accuracy, -1 Def)

Type: Dark/Fire
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 75 (+) (+13% accuracy)

Abilities:
Early Bird (Innate): This Pokemon is used to waking up at early hours or operating in low-light conditions and subsequently suffers from sleep status for only half as much time as other Pokemon.
Flash Fire (Innate): This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any opposing fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2). Self-targeted attacks do not give the boost.
Unnerve (Innate) (DW): The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.
Moves:
Leer
Ember
Howl
Smog
Roar
Bite
Odor Sleuth
Beat Up

Sucker Punch
Fire Spin
Reversal

Flame Charge
Taunt
Flamethrower

Kusanagi - Pawniard (F)
Nature: Adamant (+1 Attack, -1 Sp. Attack)

Type: Dark/Steel
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 60

Abilities:
Defiant (Innate): The Pokemon has a deep sense of honor, and whenever one of its stats are decreased by an opponent's Attack or Ability, it's Attack increases by two (2) stages. Attack Boosts gained this way are not subject to deterioration that round.
Inner Focus (Innate): When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Pressure (Innate) (DW): This Pokemon’s presence fills the air with intense anxiety, and any damaging or status attack launched at this Pokemon costs the opposing Pokemon two (2) more energy to perform.

Moves:
Scratch
Leer
Fury Cutter
Torment
Faint Attack
Scary Face
Metal Claw

Psycho Cut
Revenge
Sucker Punch

Low Sweep
Aerial Ace
Hone Claws

Team Rewindman!!!

Torchic(*) [Lark](Male)
Nature: Brave (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.
Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 39(-)

Abilities
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Speed Boost (DW): (Innate) Pokemon with this ability increase their speed as the battle progresses, boosting it one (1) stage at the end of each round at the cost of 2% of their energy. This overrides the normal drop in stats that ocurs at the end of each round (stats other than Speed are still affected).

Attacks:

Scratch
Growl
Focus Energy
Ember
Peck
Sand Attack
Fire Spin
Flamethrower

Counter
Night Slash
Low Kick

Rock Slide
Dig
Substitute

Servine (Tangle)(F)
Nature: Modest (Adds * to Special Attack; Subtracts * From Attack)

Type:
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 83
Abilities:
Overgrow: (innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any grass attack is increased by two (2). (eg Giga Drain goes from 8 to 10, Solarbeam from 12 to 14)
Contrary (DW)(Can be enabled)
This Pokemon's unique structure reverses stat changes it receives in battle, both from its attacks and the opponents. At the end of the round, stat changes will still increase/decrease toward 0.

Attacks:
Level moves :
Tackle
Leer
Vine Whip
Wrap
Growth
Grass Mixer
Leech Seed
Mega Drain
Slam
Giga Drain
Leaf Storm

Glare
Twister
Mirror Coat

Hidden Power (Fire 7)
Taunt
Reflect
Substitute
Light Screen
Toxic

Horsea (Ryuu)(M)
Nature: Mild (Adds * to Special Attack; Subtracts * From Defense)
Type: Water
Water STAB; Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2(-)
SpA: Rank 4(+)
SpD: Rank 1
Spe: 60

EC: 3/9
MC: 0
DC: 2/5

Abilities:
Swift Swim: (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.
Sniper: (Innate) This Pokemon has deadly accuracy and strikes sensitive points, dealing 2 more damage with its critical hits.
Damp (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.

Bubble(*)
Smokescreen(*)
Leer(*)
Water Gun(*)
Focus Energy(*)
Bubblebeam(*)
Agility(*)
Dragon Pulse

Outrage(*)
Disable(*)
Dragon Rage(*)

Scald(*)
Ice Beam(*)
Surf(*)
Rain Dance

And now, after the players have shaken hands, gone to their respective sides of the arena, mouthed a few words to their opponent about how they are going to lose and that the Pokemon their team have been trained for hours in the jungles of an exotic region (XVIcaliber your Slashe is the only Pokemon that can hold this claim on your team) the battle gets underway.

Hello Ladies and Poke'men, Lads and Lassies I am Metal Bagon reffing and commentating on this match between XVIcaliber and rewindman! Travellog is our vid-ref today and will provide with slo-mo replys (sponsored by the battle tower). Now lets get this match underway!

Order of actions
1. XVIcaliber sends out Pokemon
2. Rewindman sends out Pokemon+actions
3. XVIcaliber posts actions
4. I ref (after travellog has approved it)
5. Rewindman's actions
6. XVIcaliber's actions
7. I ref (after travellog has approved it)
Rinse and Repeat

Now even though Travellog will be tutoring me inform me if I have made any mistakes, I cannot stress this enough.

This world is nothing but LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES!

Go, Kusanagi! The God-slayer! Tear down the lies that cover this world!

Lets go lark, the torchic!

Time to dish out some pain. Flamethrower, then Low Kick, and finally Flamethrower again!
If suckerpunch is used, replace that one action (and only that one action) with a 15 hp substitute
Flamethrower - low Kick - Flamethrower

Kusanagi, this is a tough counterpick, but the sooner we get rid of Lark, the better. Don't be phased by all of the Fighting-type moves; we've been through this many times in our training. Start things off by preventing spam, your main weakness, by using Torment. Next, use Revenge, capitalizing off of the negative priority to punish that bird. Finally, use Faint Attack in the downtime that occurs when Flamethrower hopefully can't be fired off again.

Torment - Revenge - Faint Attack

Preround
Pawniward – Kusangi (F)
Energy: 100
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other:
VS
Torchic – Lark (M)
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other:

First round that I’m reffing, EVER, this is an historic moment people.

Pawniward (sorry I can't pronounce its nickname so I'm not going to use it), despite his steel armour weighing him down is still excessively faster than his opponent. No attacking for him though, he torments the opposing Torchic (REMEMBER WHEN YOUR MUM LEFT YOU AND THEN THAT MEAN GUY REWINDMAN PICKED YOU UP OFF THE STREET AND TRAINED YOU EXTREMELY HARD UNTIL YOU FAINTED!!). However this just makes lark the torchic angry, he hates those lies, he fires off a flamethrower of massive proportions, I’ll just check the slo-mo replay, yep, that was a critical hit and it dealt massive damage!

Now Lark waits for Pawniward to move but he does nothing! Wow that's a dim witted Pawniward, Lark thinks. Lark the Torchic now charges in for a low kick for good damage but it seems Pawniward isn't that dim-witted after all and now has used revenge on Lark to deal a lot of damage, even more than low kick!

Pawniward now keeps up his attacking ways and usings a STAB Faint Attack! Not as much damage as revenge but still pretty good. As Low Kick seemed to fail a bit for Lark he goes back to his first strategy and uses Flamethrower, doesn’t quite get critical damage this time but it took a good chunk out of Pawniward’s HP!

It seems that Lark's type advantage is working out well for him, but can Pawniward devise a new strategy, one that can get him back into this battle?

Post round
Pawniward – Kusangi (F)
HP: 37
Energy: 78
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other:

VS

Torchic – Lark (M)
HP: 63
Energy: 82
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other: Tormented for 3 more actons

Pawniward actions
Torment 10 energy
Revenge 8 energy 15 damage (negative prioity)
Faint Attack 4 energy 12 damage

Torchic Actions
Flamethrower 7 energy 25 damage crit!
Low Kick 4 energy 6 damage
Flamethrower 7 energy 22 damage

Rewindman, your up!

Right. Since Torment is now fully in effect, Lark's most powerful moves are off limits...well, most of them. That's where you come in, Kusanagi. Alternate between hitting it with Psycho Cut and Faint Attack, replacing exactly one action with Hone Claws if he uses Counter. Since he can't use Counter twice in a row, that's all we need.

Psycho Cut - Faint Attack - Psycho Cut
(Replace exactly (1) action with Hone Claws if Counter is used)

Round 2

Pre round
Pawniward – Kusangi (F)
Energy: 78
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other:

VS

Torchic – Lark (M)
HP: 63
Energy: 82
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other: Tormented for 3 more actons

This round is sponsored by Metal Bagons Daycare! It's not an RP yet but if Deck Knight likes it, it will become one!

O my goodness, Rewindman isn't going to do Flamethrower Spam, instead he tells Lark sets up a Subsitute to take damage, however that Sub won't be taking this Cut of Psychotic energy that Pawniward has inflicted on Lark. But now Lark goes and hides using speed beyond his speed stat. So now the Sub can do its job and take damage for Lark.

Now Pawniward will just be a plain old brute and Faint Attack on the Sub , what the heck it's still standing (!) Pawniward thinks, he did afterall call on the dark overlords to give his sub extra power but nooo it was just a plain old Faint Attack, Nothing special about it. While Pawniward is in his own thoughts about that fail to brake the sub a Fire Spin is fired from somewhere in the arena (sooo accurate, I know). Ouch!! A little extra damage from that Fire Spin there.

Now Pawniward cotniues to use brute Force at the Sub using Psycho Cut, breaking free from the Flames! However it seems his head sustained a burn from breaking free from Fire Spin temporarily as the Flames envalop Pawniward again. "Hey there's Lark over there," someone from the crowd yells, but we barely catch a glimspe of him before he digs away, comes up inside his own Fire Spin, strikes Pawniward, and then he digs away again.

Well that was an action packed round and if I was actuially speaking all this comentairy I'd be out of breath 4 times over! I wonder who will get the first KO? Answer: Rewindman

Post round
Pawniward – Kusangi (F)
HP: 3
Energy: 64
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other: Burned -3 energy (?) for attacks using the head)

VS

Torchic – Lark (M)
Energy: 60
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other:

Pawniward Actions

Psycho Cut 6 energy 10 damage
Faint Attack 4 energy 12 damage
Fire Spin damage -2 HP
Psycho Cut 4 energy 5 damage Burned due to Fire Spin
Fire Spin damage -2 HP

Torchic Actions

Subsitute 15 HP 12 energy -15 HP
Fire Spin 4 energy 13 damage
Dig 6 energy 12 damage

Umm... This time it's rewindman up first.

Sucker Punch - Sucker Punch - Die

EDIT: Actually, Bagon, the burn mechanics changed so that it's a flat -2 BP on physical moves. There aren't degrees or burn areas anymore. Not that it matters, since I'm dead, but...

Now I know this a bit dry, but hey, there's only one lot of action in this round.

Pre round
Pawniward – Kusangi (F)
HP: 3
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other: Burned (-2 BP for attacks (thanks XVI!))

VS

Torchic – Lark (M)
Energy: 60
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other:

SUCKER PUNCH, BAM!!! EMBER, WOOSH. WHERE HAS PAWNIWARD GONE? Oh, he's that pile of ashes over there.

Post round
Pawniward – Kusangi (F)
HP: ashes
Energy: I don't think ashes have any energy
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other: Well, I guess he's still burned from Fire Spin
AAHHH BURNING EMBERS!
VS

Torchic – Lark (M)
HP: 25
Energy: 57
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other: Feeling smug

Pawniward Actions
Sucker punch (-2 BP) 6 energy 12 damage

Torchic Actions
Ember 3 energy 13 damage unneeded crit

XVI, send out your dinal final pokemon, then rewindman will issue cations and finally XVI will issue the actions for the new pokemon sent out.

Houndour – Faust(F)
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other:
VS

Torchic – Lark (M)
HP: 25
Energy: 57
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other:

Well after that first KO XVIcaliber sends out Faust the Houndour. Luckily for me its nickname is pronouncable so I will use it.

Faust starts with a sucker punch, however not as much damage as you’d expect considering the lords of darkness are on XVIcaliber’s side after Pawniward was brutally KOed. Anyway Lark is having none of this Dark Lord stuff (try and find out what movie I am referring to) and uses Dig! Lark jumps into the burrow he dug a couple of rounds ago so he went extra fast in for the damage. Despite that, after the slo-mo reply (sponsored by the battle tower) was played, there was no crit, unlucky there (aka only 1 RNG off from scoring a crit).

OMG, it’s sucker punch spam, that punch shook Lark up so when he fired off slid(e)ing rocks, they missed.

No more Sucker Punch SPAM, yey! It’s a reversal attack instead! Maybe Faust should have used it again thou because an attempt to harness his anger didn’t do too much damage because he had previously not taken a lot of damage. As Lark laughs off the damage he fells a slight pain in his head, it seems that, that reversal in the end did enough to KO Lark. And fortunately for XVIcaliber Faust suffered minimal damage in his endeavour.

Houndour – Faust(F)
HP: 79
Energy: 85
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other: I have revenge!
VS

Torchic – Lark (M)
HP: KOed
Energy: N?A
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other:

Houndour actions
Sucker Punch 6 energy 11 damage
Reversal 3 energy 7 damage crit

Torchic Actions
Dig 6 energy 11 damage
Rock Slide Miss 6 energy

OK rewindman, send out your next Pokemon, then XVIcaliber issues actions, finally rewindman issues his actions for his new Pokemon.

What to do, what to do...

Start with Taunt to prevent as many shenanigans as possible, then hit it with Bite. Finish with another Reversal. Substitute your action for Sucker Punch if Surf is used.

Taunt - Bite - Reversal
IF (Surf is used) THEN (substitute action for Sucker Punch)

Start off with a Surf in order to force him to use suckerpunch instead of taunt. Then use Rain Dance in order to summon some helpful weather. Finally, hit him with one more powerful Surf, in order to get him all wet.

Surf - Rain Dance - Surf

if he somehow still gets his taunt off within the first two actions, use scald instead of rain dance

The answer to my reference to the Dark Lord it was Voldmort from Harry Potter, thanks to all that participated (no-one).

Houndour – Faust(F)
HP: 79
Energy: 85
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other:
VS

Horsea – Ryuu (M)
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other:
VS

To start this round off Rewindman screams, GO RYUU realising a Horsea into the moat surrounding the arena, Faust does not look very happy as he didn’t go to swim school.
Faust, however, can jump. So with some bounding steps and a masterful leap, he quickly slaps Ryuu with a Sucker Punch before he dived underwater and conjured up a wave that he surfed to deal a heap of damage onto Faust.
Ryuu’s attack didn’t go according to plan as he is now stranded on dry land. As Ryuu tried to flop back into the water Faust suddenly acquired a taste for sea horse. He attempts to bite a chunk out of Ryuu but all he managed was to make the Horsea flinch making him unable to do his next move.

Suckered in again is Ryuu as he is punched by one of Houndour’s paws. Then, in a last ditch effort to rehydrate himself and do good damage Ryuu conjures up another surf and with the help of Poseidon reverses the wave back into the moat so Ryuu can begin rehydrating again. Houndour continues to stare down his opponent, not knowing how long he can last against his aquatic nemesis.

Houndour – Faust(F)
HP: 31
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other:
VS

HP: 69
Energy: 86
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other:

Houndour actions
Bite 4 energy 9 damage rools 1/16 for a flinch success

Horsea Actions
Surf 7 energy 24 damage
Rain Dance failed because of the Flinch
Surf 7 energy 24 damage

I think Rewindman posts his actions first this round.

Scald, then Surf and finally hit him with a Surf!
If suckerpunch is used, replace that one action, and that one action alone, with Rain Dance

Houndour – Faust (F)
HP: 31
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other:
VS

Horsea – Ryuu (M)
HP: 69
Energy: 86
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other:

It’s the final countdown (duh duh duh duuuuuh, duh duh duh duh duuuuuh, etc)

Faust is feeling desperate even though it's only the start of the round. She tries to reverse all damage she received with a reversal attack. That did some decent decent damage but Ryuu strungs it off easily enough. Now it seems Ryuu is getting some of the moats water in his, mouth(?), he heats it up somehow and now he is spitting out the scalding hot water at Faust.

Faust uses reversal again, doing way more damage then before! But now, he sees a looming tsunami, Ryuu has called Posiden to battle Fausts Dark Lord. Surfing on this momoth wave Ryuu crashes into Faust. The water takes no survivors, and Faust isn’t an acceptation, he goes down like a Pokewarrior.

Well that was certainly a great battle people! The Rewindman Fan Club is cheering and XVIcalibers is filing out, obviously disappointed. Ryuu is getting held in the air by Rewindman basking in the limelight, but it seems he has started glowing, might he evolve into a Seadra soon? We’ll update you on that as it happens, but now for Pokebattle Mania TV, I Metal Bagon will sign out!

Houndour – Faust (F)
HP: KO
Energy: None
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other: Drenched
VS

Horsea – Ryuu (M)
HP: 53
Energy: 73
Stat Boosts/Drops:
Other:

Houndour actions
Reversal 4 energy 6 damage
Reversal 7 energy 10 damage
Horsea Actions
Scald 6 energy 14 damage
Surf 7 energy 24 damage

Rewards
Rewindman and XVIcaliber 2 TC
Rewindman’s Lark and Ryuu, along with XVIcaliber’s Faust receive 1 EC 2 MC, 1 DC and 1 KOC
XVIcaliber’s Pawniward receives 1 EC 2 MC and 1 DC.
Metal Bagon receives 4 RC
TravelLog receives 2 RC

Thanks for letting me ref guys! Hopefully I can ref you guys again sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)