2v2 Singles ~ Galladiator vs. TEA_DEMON

Status
Not open for further replies.
This meadow sure is sunny...a perfect compliment to the summer weather! But hell, is it hot! good thing we have a nice battle to cool ourselves off...no, no, cameraman, I don't care if the battle is supposed to be figuratively hot, no one pays you to be some sort of metaphorical genius or anything. Now, back to my genius reffing.

2v2 Singles
0 Recover/5 Chill
2 Day DQ
Other restrictions: Basic Stage Pokemon only

Stage: Sunny Meadow

Basically a giant, open meadow. The sun is shining brightly, effectively making the weather Sunny Day. The weather cannot be changed, as Sunny Meadow is known for is unceasing sunshine. Besides, naming it "Rainy Meadow" or "Sandy Meadow" or "Hail-y Meadow" would just sound weird.

Oh yeah, there's a little pond off to the side, too.

i'll take that, galladiator.

switch=ko
no items
all abilities

Now, the combatants!

Sewaddle (Meshuggah) M
Nature: Lonely (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Defense)
Type: Bug/Grass
Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:
Swarm: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any Bug-typed attack is increased by 2. (eg Silver Wind goes from 6 to 8, X-Scissor from 8 to 10)
Chlorophyll: (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.
Overcoat (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has a sturdy exterior that rebuffs the elements, making it immune to damage inflicted by bad weather.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 2 (-)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 42

EC: 2/9
MC: 4
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Tackle
String Shot
Bug Bite
Razor Leaf
Struggle Bug

Silver Wind
Air Slash
Agility

Calm Mind
Toxic
Energy Ball

Venonat (Vanden) M
Nature: Modest (+1 SpA, -1 Atk)
Type: Bug / Poison
Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:
Compoundeyes: (Innate) This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.
Tinted Lens: (Innate) When this Pokemon uses an attack that is normally not very effective, that attack is calculated at the next highest resisrance modifier. (e.g. 4x resistance is calculated at 2x, 2x resistance becomes neutral).
Run Away (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and will evade any field traps and hazards that would harm it (Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes) in an arena. A Pokemon can still absorb Toxic Spikes if it has Run Away and is Poison-typed. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to switch out of trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 45

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Disable
Foresight
Supersonic
Confusion
Poisonpowder
Leech Life
Stun Spore
Psybeam

Toxic Spikes
Rage Powder
Giga Drain

Toxic
Venoshock
Psychic

Lileep (Khuda) M
Nature: Brave (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.)
Type: Rock/Grass
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:
Suction Cups: (Innate) This Pokemon has sticky suction cups that anchor down to prevent it from being moved or scared away by Roar or Whirlwind. It will hold its ground against Dragon Tail and Overhead Throw and will not be forced out in a switch battle.
Storm Drain (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon lures all water attacks to itself, altering their course away from partner Pokemon. It absorbs the water and increases its Special Attack by one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

Stats:

HP: 100
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 20 (23/1.15) (-)

EC: 2/6
MC: 2
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Astonish
Constrict
Acid
Ingrain

Recover
Curse
Stealth Rock

Rock Slide
Sludge Bomb
Return

Ness (Treecko) (M)
Nature: Hasty (Multiples Base Speed by 1.15 and provides a flat accuracy boost on all attacks equal to its new Base Speed squared, then divided based on its evolution stage. (Formula: ACC Boost = (New Base^2)/Divisor [Round Up] Cap: 30) The Divisor is 1000 for fully evolved Pokemon, 700 for Pokemon that are the second of three stages, 500 for Pokemon that are the first of two stages, and 350 for Pokemon that are the first of three stages. This accuracy boost is added to their Dodge Command chance; Subtracts One (1) Rank from Defense)
Type:

Abilities:
Overgrow: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any grass attack is increased by two (2). (eg Giga Drain goes from 8 to 10, Solarbeam from 12 to 14)
Unburden (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is incredibly possessive. If it uses or loses an item in battle its rage swells and its speed doubles (x2) until it receives another item.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 81 (70*1.15) (+)

EC: 1/9
MC: 0

Moves:
Pound
Leer
Absorb
Quick Attack
Pursuit
Screech
Agility
Giga Drain

Leech Seed
Leaf Storm
DragonBreath

Energy Ball
Hidden Power (Fire, 7)
Rock Slide
Acrobatics

Embirch [Gary] (M)
Nature: Naughty (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Defense)
Type:
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Leaf Guard: (Innate) In bright sunlight the Pokemon is surrounded by a faint green glow. The glow protects it from all permanent and temporary status conditions.
Battle Armor: (Innate) This Pokemon’s thick armor prevents it from taking critical hits.
Chlorophyll (DW): (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Stats:
Def: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 50

EC: 2/9
MC: 2

Moves:
Pound
Bullet Seed
Sweet Scent
Growth
Ember
Leech Seed
Flame Wheel
Giga Drain
Fire Spin

Blaze Kick
Dragonbreath
Seed Bomb

Fire Blast
Energy Ball
Flash Cannon
Will-o-Wisp

Finally, the order of actions!

-Galladiator sends out
-TEA_DEMON sends out and issues actions
-Galladiator issues actions
-Reffing occurs
-Reverse order, rinse and repeat
-???
-PROFIT

No mercy, Gary! Show this bug what you're made of (besides grass)!

Will-o-Wisp...Leech Seed...Fire Blast

Also, XVI, you forgot to list Gary's Egg and TM moves. You may want to get on that.

Khuda
HP: 100
Energy: 100
Boosts/Drops: N/A

vs.

Gary
Type: Fire/Grass

-Round 1 begin-

Good lord, is it hot out here! I'm almost unable to ref at my usual speed with all of this heat! Well, that's actually a lie, because I'm always in the mood for reffing, just as all of the ASB fans out there are always in the mood for a great battle!

Here, we have a peculiar matchup, Lileep vs. Embirch. While both of them share the Grass type, both of them also have STAB moves that are super-effective against the other! What irony! Good thing the permanent sunny weather here makes Fire-attacks even stronger, or else Lileep's superb defenses would be the clear advantage. Speaking of those defenses, Gary aims to whittle them down before the fighting even starts! By launching rather scary-looking fire from his arms, he's able to put a burn on Khuda! Khuda follows this up by using Curse, another move that's odd when not used by Ghost-types, to increase its Attack stat...as well as its Defense! We don't talk about speed here, Lileep's speed is already terrible.

Realizing that those defenses are going to be a huge advantage for his opponent, Gary decides to use Leech Seed on Khuda, to sap his health, but...oh no! Looks like Gary's trainer forgot that Grass-types have an intrinsic immunity to Leech Seed! There goes an action, down the drain! Khuda takes advantage of this, and brings down some rocks from some nearby hills to perform a Rock Slide attack, which hits Gary for some unwanted super-effective damage.

Gary apparently decides to smarten up now, going for a gigantic, sun-boosted Fire Blast...but, it sails straight past Khuda, and probably continues onward to fry a tree somewhere, maybe start a wildfire. But hey, this is Pokemon, we don't care about the ecological after-effects of our destructive pets here in the wild! Khuda is utterly unfazed by Gary's attempts at trying to damage it, and simply uses another Rock Slide, which hits again. The burn is toning the damage down a little, but Gary obviously can't take a constant stream of rocks his way.

Khuda is at a distinct advantage by the end of the first round, but can Gary turn it around? Tune in later for the next round! In the meantime, I'm going to get a drink...multiple drinks...

-Round 1 end-

Khuda
HP: 94
Energy: 80
Boosts/Drops: +1 Attack, +1 Defense, -1 Speed

vs.

Gary
HP: 54
Energy: 78

-Weather Effects: Sun (Until the end of time)-​

Action 1
Gary Will-o-wisp 6 energy hits, Khuda burned
Khuda Curse 6 energy, Attack and Defense up (1) stage, Speed down (1) stage (2 burn damage)

Action 2
Gary Leech Seed 9 energy misses, Khuda is immune
Khuda Rock Slide 5 energy hits, does 6 (BP-Burn) + 3 (STAB) + 1.5 (Ranks) + 1.75 (Boosts) * 1.5 (2x weak) = 18 damage to Gary, flinch roll unnecessary (2 burn damage)

Action 3
Gary Fire Blast 7 energy misses, roll 10/100 (85% chance to hit)
Khuda Rock Slide 5 + 4 energy hits, does 6 (BP-Burn) + 3 (STAB) + 1.5 (Ranks) * 1.75 (Boosts) * 1.5 (2x weak) = 18 damage to Gary, flinch roll unnecessary (2 burn damage)

Galladiator gets first actions for round 2!

...Fuck. I didn't know he had a Lileep. I stopped reading after his Venonat.

Start with a Flash Cannon, then an Energy Ball, and finish with another Flash Cannon!

Just a heads up, but I probably won't be able to post starting tomorrow evening my time (GMT -5). Until Saturday evening or so.

Khuda
HP: 94
Energy: 80
Boosts/Drops: +1 Attack, +1 Defense, -1 Speed

vs.

Gary
HP: 54
Energy: 78

-Round 2 begin-

Time for more reffing in this apocalyptic heat...but hey, who's complaining? It sets a great stage for the fiery rivalry taking place...if any of these Pokemon were using Fire-type moves, that is...

Gary wipes some sweat off of his face and opens the round with an incredibly shiny (and let's not even mention the fact that the sun is so bright...ow, my eyes...!) Flash Cannon attack, which, despite Gary not having a superb attacking stat, hits Khuda for some super-effective damage. At least he's getting somewhere, right? Khuda continues his barrage of rocks from the nearby hills, and the Rock Slide is just too much for Gary at this point. Some more spam, and this match would definitely go a lot quicker.

Speaking of spam, Gary seems to be ideologically objected to that. He gathers up nature's power into an Energy Ball, and launches it directly at Khuda! Khuda seems to still be standing strong, however. Now, when I see a battle, I want to see compassion, and apparently that's what Khuda has right now. His Return attack hits really hard, showing just how much the Lileep loves his Trainer! It's refreshing to have some compassion once in a while in the midst of this terrible heat...

Because Gary is incredibly determined to make everyone else here today go blind, another Flash Cannon soars through the air and makes contact with Khuda, doing more super-effective damage to the rock plant. Another Rock Slide is incoming by this point, but Gary realizes that he's sick and tired of getting hit by it, and effortlessly dodges to the side. With a stopper put on Khuda's damage flow, can Gary turn this around? Tune in next time (possibly next week) to find out!

-Round 2 end-

Khuda
HP: 53
Energy: 55

vs.

Gary
HP: 27
Energy: 61

Action 1
Gary Flash Cannon 6 energy hits, does 8 (BP) * 1.5 (2x weak) = 12 damage to Khuda, no secondary effect
Khuda Rock Slide 5 + 8 energy hits, does 6 (BP-Burn) + 3 (STAB) + 1.5 (Ranks) + 1.75 (Boosts) * 1.5 (2x weak) = 18 damage to Gary, flinch roll unnecessary (2 burn damage)

Action 2
Gary Energy Ball 5 energy hits, does 8 (BP) + 3 (STAB) = 11 damage to Khuda, no secondary effect
Khuda Return 7 energy hits, does 6 (BP-Burn) + 1.5 (Ranks) + 1.75 (Boosts) = 9 damage to Gary (2 burn damage)
Action 3
Gary Flash Cannon 6 energy hits, does 8 (BP) * 1.5 (2x weak) = 12 damage to Khuda, no secondary effect
Khuda Rock Slide 5 energy misses (2 burn damage)

TEA_DEMON gets first actions for round 3.

All out attack! Finish it off with style!

Fire Blast...Flash Cannon...Fire Blast

And with that, I'm off for a week! Sorry again.

Galladiator should be getting back shortly, so I will have the next reffing up soon. Sorry for the wait, guys. For now, placeholder.

Sorry guys, my freshman orientation started by surprised and went on for two days! Not even kidding! Here's that reffing you guys have been patiently waiting for; again, I apologize.

Khuda
HP: 53
Energy: 55

vs.

Gary
HP: 27
Energy: 61

-Round 3 begin-

Good lord, it is hot! So undeniably hot that I even think the Fire-type Pokemon over there is feeling the heat...but I think that'll serve as Gary's advantage this round. Let's go over the replays!

Gary takes off at the beginning of the round and unleashes a devastating Fire Blast at Khuda, who takes massive damage from the fire, boosted from the unrelenting and terribly hot sun. The attack doesn't do any super-effective damage, but the sheer force of the weather made it almost seem like that was the case! But, Khuda is a resilient one! Even after such a scorching attacking, he manages to pull through with a second Curse setup, bulking his physical stats up once again, at the cost of his already pitiful speed. Khuda seems ready to take on any challenge, but, can he keep up with this fiery combatant?

The answer is yes, at least because spamming Fire Blast in this situation would not only be risky, but it would wear Gary out in no time. Afterward, Gary decides to go for the flashy (HAHAHAHA GET IT?!) move and fires a prismatic ball of light through the air! This one does super-effective damage, but, despite how bright it looks with the sun out so strong, the sun actually has no effect on the move. However, the move's secondary effect kicks in, and Khuda's special defense power is reduced by quite a lot. Khuda, enraged, brings down some more rocks from the hills below in a Rock Slide! His burn appears to be getting to him, as he has Gary by the ropes, but can't quite finish him off due to the reduction in power of his physical moves.

Right when Khuda thought he was safe from more terrorizing firestorms, he was wrong. Another Fire Blast streaks across the meadow, careening clear into Khuda for just enough damage (with the special defense drop), to KO the rock plant before he could even fire off his next move. What a heated (HAHAHAHAH GET IT?!) display of moves, folks, and now, it's up to TEA_DEMON's last Pokemon! Luckily, Gary is in critical condition...

-Round 3 end-

Khuda
HP: burned
Energy: to
Boosts/Drops: crisp

vs.

Gary
HP: 9
Energy: 41

Action 1
Gary Fire Blast 7 energy hits, does 12 (BP) + 3 (Sun) + 3 (STAB) = 18 damage to Khuda, already burned
Khuda Curse 6 energy successful, attack and defense up (1) stage, speed down (1) stage (2 burn damage)

Action 2
Gary Flash Cannon 6 energy hits, does 8 (BP) * 1.5 (2x weak) = 12 damage to Khuda, special defense lowered (1) stage)
Khuda Rock Slide 5 energy hits, does 6 (BP-Burn) + 3 (STAB) + 1.5 (Ranks) + 1.75 (Boosts) * 1.5 (2x weak) = 18 damage to Gary, flinch roll unnecessary (2 burn damage)

Action 3
Gary Fire Blast 7 energy hits, does 12 (BP) + 3 (Sun) + 3 (STAB) + 1.75 (Drops) = 20 damage to Khuda, already burned, Khuda deadified
Khuda Sludge Bomb 7 energy nope, too dead for that

Galladiator gets first actions for round 4, after TEA_DEMON sends out his next Pokemon.

Don't know how I pulled that off, but I'm not looking a gift Ponyta in the mouth.

/bad Pokehumor

Blaze Kick x3

I'm goin' doooooooown...in a blaze (kick) of glory...

/more bad jokes

Meshuggah

vs.

Gary
HP: 9
Energy: 41

-Round 4 begin-

Something tells me this round is going to be very short...very, very short.

Meshuggah uses Air Slash.

-Round 4 end-

Meshuggah
Energy: 94

vs.

Gary
HP: air slash through the heart
Energy: and you're too late
Boosts/Drops: a bad name (bad name)

Action 1
Meshuggah Air Slash 6 energy hits, does 8 (BP) + 3 (Ranks) * 1.5 (2x weak) = 17 damage to Gary, Gary deadified
Gary Blaze Kick nope, too dead for that

TEA_DEMON gets first actions for round 5, after Galladiator sends out his next Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)