Metal Bagon vs SimonSays yet again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here, upon Metal Bagon's island, brews yet another battle between the island's owner and SimonSays. A historic battle for the awesomeness badge is happening right here and now! There is the Challenger, SimonSays, approaching on ferry from Undella Town. And Metal Bagon steps off of his private jetboatcar of coolness. They both step on the sand, and prepare their Pokeballs.

ARENA:

Arena: Sandy Island Near Undella Town
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Simple
Format: Anything but melee

Restrictions: Can't venture outside of Arena

Descpition:
The Arena is an island of sand just off the coast of Undella. It's about 70 metres squared (aprox 84 square yards for Americans) surounding it the sea however it is fenced off so no Pokemon can swim in or out of an area of 70 metres (84 square yards)swimming straight off the island in a line. Their is solid ground not far under the ground so earthquake and magnitude will still do full damage. Despite that Dig is still fully functional. Finnally if a Flying Pokemon attempts to fly outside of the perimeter of the arena a Lanturn will shoot it down with a Thunder so powerful that it automatically knocks out all pokemon that attempt to get outside the net, so NO ESCAPING FROM THE ARENA AT ALL.

THE RULES
2v2 Singles!
3 Day DQ!
1 Recovery, 7 chills!
No Items!
All Abilities!
NO Switch!

Team SimonSays:

Dragonair (*) Ace
Nature: Lonely [Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank from Defense]
Type: Dragon
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus. (Dragonite line capable of breathing underwater)

Abilities:
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Marvel Scale (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon’s coat shimmers when afflicted with a status condition, reducing the Base Attack Power of incoming physical attacks by two (2).

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2 (-)
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 70

EC: 4/9
MC: 0
DC: 3/5

Attacks:
Wrap(*)
Leer(*)
Thunder Wave(*)
Twister(*)
Dragon Rage(*)
Slam(*)
Agility(*)
Safeguard
Outrage

Dragon Dance(*)
ExtremeSpeed(*)
Dragon Rush(*)

Rest(*)
Waterfall(*)
Fire Blast(*)
Thunder
Blizzard

Geodude [Solid] (M)
Nature: Careful [Adds One (1) to Special Defense; Subtracts One (1) from Special Attack]
Type: Rock/Ground
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:
Rock Head: (Innate) This Pokemon’s hard body prevents it from taking recoil damage from moves such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, and Head Smash.
Sturdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
Sand Veil (DW): (Innate)This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 20

EC: 1/9
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Defense Curl
Mud Sport
Rock Polish
Rock Throw
Magnitude
Selfdestruct
Rollout
Rock Blast
Smack Down

Curse
Hammer Arm
Focus Punch

Sunny Day
Stone Edge
Toxic

Baltoy (SandGiant) (U)
Nature: Relaxed (Add One (1) Rank to Defense; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) to opponent's attacks directed at this Pokemon.)
Type: Ground/Psychic
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Levitate: (Trait) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Bulldoze, Dig, Earthquake, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 47 (55 / 1.15, rounded down)

EC: 0/6

Attacks:
Confusion
Harden
Rapid Spin
Mud Slap
Psybeam
Rock Tomb
SelfDestruct
AncientPower
Cosmic Power
Earth Power
Extrasensory

Calm Mind
SolarBeam
Bulldoze

And here is Team Metal Bagon! I see no Bagon!

Dragonite (*) Smiley the Happy Dragon (F)
Nature: Naughty (Attack increased by *; Special Defense reduced by *)

Type: Dragon/Flying
Dragon: More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Abilities:
Shed Skin: (Inmate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Marvel Scale (DW): (Inmate) This Pokemon’s coat shimmers when afflicted with a status condition, reducing the Base Attack Power of incoming physical attacks by two (2).

Stats:
Atk: Rank 6 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 3 (-)
Spe: 80

EC: 9/9
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Roost
Wrap (*)
Leer (*)
Thunder Wave (*)
Twister (*)
Dragon Rage (*)
Slam (*)
Agility (*)
Dragon Rush
Aqua Tail
Outrage
Wing Attack
Safeguard
Hurricane

Extreme Speed (*)
Dragon Pulse (*)
Dragon Dance (*)

Hyper Beam(*)
Thunder (*)
Flamethrower (*)
Ice Beam
Surf

[/IMG]
Excadrill (*) Drill Claw (M)
Nature: Jolly increaded by *; Special Attack reduced by *

Type: Ground
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Stats:
HP: 110
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 79 (88 x 1.15=101.2 rounded up=102)

Accuracy Boost: 12.5%

EC: 6/6
DC: 5/5

Abilities:
Sand Rush: (Inmate) This Pokemon thrives in Sandstorm conditions, feeling more at home in them than all other Pokemon. This Pokemon's Base Speed is doubled (x2) in a Sandstorm. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Sand Force: (Inmate) This Pokemon thrives in Sandstorm conditions, using the power of the swirling sand to augment its Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks. Each of this Pokemon's Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks will have the Base Attack Power increased by two (2). Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Mold Breaker: (Inmate) Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.).

Attacks:
Scratch*
Mud Sport*
Rapid Spin*
Mud Slap*
Fury Swipes*
Metal Claw*
Dig*
Hone Claws*
Rock Slide
Drill Run
Slash

Iron Defense*
Crush Claw*
Submission*

Swords Dance*
Earthquake*
Sandstorm*
Subsitute
X-Sciccor
Poison Jab

[/IMG]
Murkow - Dark Death(M)
Nature: Quirky Nature Neatral
Type: Dark/Flying
Dark: Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Flying: Immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 91

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Super Luck: (Inmate) This Pokemon’s natural skill doubles (x2) its critical hit levels above other Pokemon, making its normal moves inflict critical hits 12.5% of the time and its high critical hit moves inflict critical hits 1/3rd of the time.
Insomnia: (inmate) This Pokemon is immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. It's normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.
Prankster: (inmate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Attacks:
Peck
Astonish
Pursuit
Haze
Wing Attack
Night Shade
Assurance

Perish Song
Roost
Drill Peck

Payback
Psychic
Subsitute

The battle begins, with Metal Bagon going first upon request

"We have the better pokemon, however we must not let our guard down."
"To start this match I'll send out my Drill Claw the Excadrill for his first battle in his new form!"

Simon Says your actions.

Alright then, if you're going to open up with a Young Powerhouse, then we don't have much of a choice, do we?

Ace, let's show this localboy what it takes to own the bigger Hat!

Dragon Dance ~ Waterfall ~ Waterfall

"Luckily for us, I can do maths 20 damage won't break a 25 HP sub!"

First get that 25 HP sub up. Then lets Power Up, use swords dance!!! Finally lets use earthquake, use your superior speed to your advantage to do heaps of damage.

25 HP Sub - Swords Dance - Earthquake

Metal Bagon carefully chooses his beggining pokemon, sending out Drill Claw the Excadrill. SimonSays responds with the serpentine Dragonair, Ace!

After orders have been given, Drill Claw uses his speed advantage to quickly craft a fake Substitute, ready to guard him from attacks. Ace laughs at the Substitute and begins an ancient and powerful Dragon Dance to heighten his speed and attack.

Now that Ace is faster, he dives quickly into the water, and leaps out covered in water. He charges towards Drill Claw with enough force to climb a waterfall! Fortunately, Drill Claw had the substitute to protect himself, but the protective doll is looking close to breaking. Drill Claw, safely behind his substitute, kicks up some sand in a Swords Dance, increasing his physical prowess.

Ace continues the offensive assault by diving into the water again, and charging at Ace with another Waterfall, this time shattering the weakened substitute. Drill Claw ignores his loss of protection and shakes the earth with unparalleled might, somehow creating an Earthquake on a sandy island! The ripples of sand pelt Ace relentlessly, and the Dragonair does not like it at all.

Drill Claw (M)
HP: 85
EN: 63
Boosts: +2 Attack

Ace (M)
HP: 79
EN: 78
Boosts: +1 Attack, +1 Speed

Calcaualatlattsitions
Action 1
Drill Claw=Substitute [-25 HP] (24 Energy)
Ace=Dragon Dance (6 Energy)
Action 2
Ace=Waterfall [18 Damage] (6 Energy)
Drill Claw=Swords Dance (7 Energy)
Action 3
Ace=Waterfall [18 Damage] (10 Energy)
Drill Claw=Earthquake [21 Damage] (6 Energy)

"We have no idea what our opponent will do next, we must proceed with caution, my old friend."

OK Waterfall only did 19 damage which means barring a crit a can set up a 20 HP sub. Now that Dragonair's Drgon Dance has worn off I am faster, however it's my last turn with +2 attack so I'll make the most of it with an Earthquake. I'll finish off this round with an X-Scissor.

20 HP Sub ~ Earthquake ~X-Sccisor

Leethoof, I'm getting a Bagon but I want to be a Flying type gym leader and I can't have all dragon/flying. + I like the CAP pokemon.

Ohh, dear foe. You'd think you'd know a little bit more about Dragonair's strengths?

Dragon Dance ~ Levitate Command ~ Waterfall

Dragonair can't levitate.

I do in fact have limited internet where I am so I'll be able to post in my battles.

EDIT: A post by Deck Knight; and what Deck Knight says, goes.

Data Audit Thread said:
Pokemon that have the Levitate Trait without the ability (based on anime precedent, advanced wings, etc.):

Beedrill, Venomoth, Mew, Celebi, Dustox, Shedinja, Shuppet, Beldum, Jirachi, Deoxys, Victini, Accelgor, Volcarona.
EDIT: I still outspeed 'cause Dragon Dance has worn off.

Data Audit Thread said:
Levitate: The Pokemon hovers above the ground, avoiding all seismic attacks and Dig for three (3) actions.

Pokemon with the Levitate Command (Based on Anime precedent, basic wings, etc.):

Magnemite, Magneton, Geodude, Staryu, Starmie, Dragonair, Mewtwo, Dunsparce, Heracross, Forretress, Scizor, Nincada, Nosepass, Volbeat, Illumise, Banette, Dusclops, Glalie, Metang, Metagross, Magnezone, Froslass, Probopass, Dusknoir, Garchomp, Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai, Arceus, Cottonee, Yamask, Cofagrigus, Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus, Vanillite, Vanillish, Vanilluxe, Excavalier, Frillish, Jellicent, Litwick, Lampent, Chandelure, Druddigon, Golett, Golurk, Klink, Klang, Klinklang, Larvesta, Reshiram, Zekrom, Genesect.

Command Type: Specific Pokemon | Accuracy: -- | Energy Cost: 5 | Priority: 0 | CT: None
My orders still stands.

EDIT: Wow, my post looks so serious when I look back at it. So, light humour!

Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Magma! =]

The now faster Dratini, Ace, takes this time to lengthen her speed advantage even more, dancing about like a true Dragon. Drill Claw is not amused, and just works hard to make another guarding Substitute to shade him from Ace's attacks.

Dratini suddenly takes a moment to Levitate in to the air. How is it even doing that? Despite the fact that his opponenet is not affected by this attack, Drill Claw still bashes away with an Earthquake, but the attack is useless.

Ace dives back into the bay and flies out, covered in a slicing film of water. She crashes into Drill Claw with another Waterfall, destroying the protective Substitute. As the speedy snake dragon passes by, Drill Claw slashes her with an X-Scissor.

Drill Claw (M)
HP: 65
EN: 33
Boosts: +2 Attack

Ace (F)
HP: 63
EN: 61
Boosts: +1 Attack, +1 Speed

CALCAUALCLACLATIONS
Action 1
Ace=Dragon Dance (6 EN)
Drill Claw=Substitute-20 [-20 HP] (18 EN)
Action 2
Ace=Levitate (5 EN)
Drill Claw=Earthquake (6 EN)
Action 3
Ace=Waterfall [20 Damage] (6 EN)
Drill Claw=XScissor [16 Damage] (6 EN)

Umm... Ace is a girl... I have no idea why that isn't in the information, but that's okay. Also, she should still be Levitating, at least for 1 more action. Anyways...

Ace, my love! Show Gentleman Foe what it takes!

Waterfall ~ Wrap ~ (Still holding) Fire Blast (At point blank, it should be substancial, either in power or Acc)
Sub Levitate if he tries to Earthquake A2 or A3.

"I seem to underestimated my opponent, strong SE moves might be to much however we must soldier on!"

First up I wish I had protect! I now know what to with some of my TC though Ha. Anyway use A 20 HP sub like a champ, then buff up your defences with iron defence. Finally chill cause you derserve a break.

Also, if you are wraping around all of Drill Claw's body shouldn't that dragonair be dealt some damage to!

I am very sorry for how late this reffing is! Just remind me a bit sooner, and I will get it up ASAP.

Ace the Dragonair dives into the again, cloaking herself for a powerful waterfall attack. It finally hits the exposed Drill Claw, and the Excadrill shudders from the mighty blow. He, however, gets over his pain and creates yet another Substitute to protect himself.

Ace continues her offense by gracefully wrapping around Drill Claw's Substitute, squeezing some of its power. Drill Claw laughes at this pitiful attempt and hardens his skin with an Iron Defense.

With the Substitute restricted and close, Ace is able to launch a powerful Fire Blast from her mouth without fear of missing. The Substitute is shattered, and Drill Claw responds by calmly chilling.

Drill Claw (M)
HP: 23
EN: 21
Boosts: +1 Attack, +2 Defense

Ace (F)
HP: 63
EN: 40
Boosts:

CALCAUALFALTISTOSNS
Action 1
Ace=waterfall [20 Damage] (10 EN)
Drill Claw=Substitute [-20 HP] (18 EN)
Action 2
Ace=Wrap [6 Damage] (3 EN)
Drill Claw=Iron Defense (6 EN)
Drill Claw=Wrap Damage [2 Damage]
Action 3
Ace=Fire Blast [18 Damage] (8 EN)
Drill Claw=chill (+12 EN)
Drill Claw=Wrap Damage [2 Damage]

"This sucks"

I should be able to get some EQ spam in so I'll do that. However I am aware of my energy so I'll have to play this carefully. Wait a sec... O wait Drill Claw you won't survive becauthis round and you know it, just go all out and hope for the best.
Earthquake - Posion Jab - Earthquake
SUB: If Dragonair for some reason levitates replace your current action with Poison Jab and hope like heck for Poison hax.

Alright, you've done amazing, Ace. Now let's show them exactly how boss you can be. =]

Let's play through his little plan of his; Levitate command first turn, then follow up with a chill for the rest of the battle, and finish up by ignoring any and all poison hax you may have recieved by sleeping innappropriately. The loss of energy due to the repeated Poison Jabs should be a definite KO for us. =]

Levitate Command ~ Chill ~ Rest

Drill Claw almost began to shake the earth like crazy, but then decided to coat his metal claws in poison and jab his flying foe instead. Ace the Dragonair, now slower than her foe, begins by once again levitating above the ground.

Ace takes a moment to chill out, but Drill Claw keeps up the relentless offense with another poison jab. The attack hurts, but the toxins are not staying on Ace's body.

Ace, taunting her opponenet even further, just calmly rests, taking a short nap as the confused Excadrill madly creates an Earthquake.

Drill Claw (M)
HP: 19
EN: 1
Boosts: +1 Defense

Ace (F)
HP: 55
EN: 32
Boosts:

CALCAUCALTISONUSIOSNS
Drill Claw=Poison Jab [15 Damage] (6 EN)
Ace=Levitate (5 EN), Wrap [2 Damage]
Drill Claw=Poison Jab [15 Damage] (10 EN)
Ace=chill (+12 EN), Wrap [2 Damage]
Drill Claw=Earthquake [0 Damage] (6 EN)
Ace=Rest [+12 HP] (15 EN)

Alrighty then. I thought that it would Jab 3X, but ohh well. Looks like we're in the favourable position. Keep it up, Ace!

Sleep ~ Dragon Dance ~ Waterfall
Sub Levitate Command if he Earthquakes

OK I'm posting two different sets of actions depending on how long Dragonair sleeps.
If Dragonair is asleep for one more action:
Iron Defence - Earthquake - X-Scissor
If Dragonair is asleep for two more actions:
Iron Defence - Swords Dance - X-Scissor

Leethoof, hello, you there?

As Ace continues her healing nap, Drill Claw tries hard to muster an Iron Defense, but the attack is too exhausting and the Excadrill faints.

Drill Claw (M)
HP: KO
EN: KO
Boosts: KO

Ace (F)
HP: 67
EN: 32
Boosts:

Metal Bagon sends out next pokemon.

"My Apologies Drill Claw, my mistake has probably cost us the match..."
Go Smiley the Happy Dragon the Dragonite!

EDIT: I'm sure I already edited in my actions but better late then never I guess.

"We're going to lose but that doesn't mean we won't give this our best shot!"

Thunder Wave - Outrage - Outrage

Ohh really? You can have some of that, too. =P

Thunder Wave ~ Blizzard ~ Blizzard
Sub Another Thunder Wave if cannot use the first one, due to Paralysis.

Smiley starts off with an electric bang, quickly using a Thunder Wave on his lesser form. It looks like ther paralyzing blast is succesful, as Ace just can't move! Smiley keeps up with some more offense by going crazy dragon rage mode and Outraging all over Ace's serpentine body. Ace fights against her paralysis and succesfully uses Thunder Wave, also paralyzing her foe. Smiley the Happy Dragon is still very angry and vengeful, so continues to Outrage, whil Ace chills the water and creates a powerful Blizzard. A ferocious ice storm rages across the small island, but apparently Smiley came out unscathed. How did he even dodge a blizzard, is that even possible??

Smiley (M)
EN: 79
Boosts: None

Ace (F)
HP: 9
EN: 11
Boosts:

CALCUALATIOSNS:
Smiley=Thunder Wave (7 Energy)
Ace=Paralyzed (7 Energy)

Smiley=Outrage [29 Damage] (7 Energy)
Ace=Thunder wave (7 Energy)....not sure if 14

Smiley=Outrage [29 Damage] (7 Energy)
Ace=Blizzard [0 Damage] (7 Energy)

Sorry, Simonsays. The hax gods hated you this round.

*Sigh* This is going to be the beginning of the downward Spiral. And I know 't's not going to matter much, but Dragonair should be at 15%, because of the Paralyzed Turn lessening and the end of round lessening.

Alright Ace, let's give this beastie a run for his money!

ExtremeSpeed ~ Chill ~ Outrage
If you faint, Sub "Stop being knocked out", then continue actions.

"Move outa the way Jirachi, Smiley is on top now!"

OK, sorry simonsays about that 'cause if I win this match it will be because of that.

Extreme Speed - Chill - Extreme Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)