Team Togawind: A GBU Doubles RMT

TEAM MOTTO: You make your own luck HAX.

Lucian Lachance, I'm posting this for you.

MY DOUBLES CUP HAX TEAM!!!!​

OK, this team needs some introduction. Yes it is a GBU Doubles Team, so I'm not expecting many rates. But first, let me say one thing.

A person who says that this metagame is undifined, has never played VGC 09. That's what doubles cup basically is. It's 09, with 11 pokes, Teampreview on, and auto weather everywhere. This meta has been defined ever since B/W came out, so I do NOT want to hear anyone say that it's to early to comment on this meta. If you don't know anything about it, that's fine, but don't post saying that no one does.

I had the idea for this team at nationals. I was sitting in my hotel room, wondering why I had to miss against Kid Kadabra, get a matchup against Lucian Lachance, right after, and why I listned to him when he said he was using Trick Room. I had lost the nationals due to hax (Both Matchup and miss), and I was mad about it. The next day were the swiss matches. I saw so many people win and lose to hax in the top 16, I wanted to break my game. Maski was out due to some severe hax, as well as Kok. Lucian Lachance was out due to Hax as well. But people also made it in because of hax. Mosquito and his friend are both going to worlds because they got haxy, and The kid who beat Maski got haxy too. I still had an amazing time at nats, but the amount of hax was huge. And that got me thinking. "If the hax is so bad in this game, how come people don't take advantage of it? You can't ignore a crucial part of the game and hope that it doesn't happen." So I started brainstorming ideas for the ingame rankings mode. And this is the team I came up with:

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS​

Here we go. I wanted to base my team around something unique, something annoying, and something that will make people want to break their games when fighting me. With SErene Grace, I have a 60% chance to flinch! According to Deagles Hax law, it's hax for me NOT to flinch.

Moving on, I wanted to be able to spread paralysis around, to help Toga paraflinch. Thundurus seemed like the pokemon to do it, so on the team it goes.

I was weak to ice and rock, so I put on tyranitar to mess with Rain teams, and resist 2 of the types I was weak too.

Now I'm going for some offensive pokes that work well with my hax core. Garchomp fit PERFECTLY. I can disquake with Thundurus, raise my evasion with Sand Veil, and just be a nuisance.

At first I tried an Excadrill for this spot, but I never used it. At first glance Weavile might not seem to have much to do with the rest of the team, but it functions well as a dragon counter, as well as having the fastest fake out in the game.

At last I needed a Trick Room counter. I figured I'd try an imprison Azelf. Something new, could be useful.

Yeah, Azelf was a bad idea. I'll just go the fake out Taunt way when it comes to Trick Room. Tailwind support is helpful and it's a great fighting counter, so I'm glad I put it on.

This change might be less obvious, but if you look at my team before the change, 4 of my pokemon are weak to Ice, and 3 of them are weak to Rock 0.o. In testing Thunder Wave wasn't working anyway, so the switch was really helpful.

I wanted to take more advantage of Discharge and this thing came to mind. 123 base attack, with great coverage and insane speed after Moter Drive, this things just awesome all around.

of course, to keep the RMT name, I had to have tailwind in here somewhere. Zapdos can set it up, while also keeping Discharge and adding Heat Wave. Eelektross was to slow anyway.
THE MOVESETS​

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
Timid
Serene Grace
252 Sp.att/252 Speed/4 HP
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere
-Follow Me
-Protect

Main Summery: Ahh Togekiss. With your enormous Flinch rate. With Serene Grace, this thing is just plain incredible. There's really not much to explain. Aura Sphere is for coverage, and Follow Me is just plain useful in doubles. I don't really know what else to say.

Good partners: Anything besides Eelektross. It fits well with Tailwind from Tornadus, Earthquake from Tyranitar/Garchomp, and it's just a great all around poke.

Changes I'm considering: I'm testing Sitrus Berry, but it's hard to tell which is better. Any help?

Zapdos @ Charti Berry
Pressure
Timid
252 SP.att/252 Speed/4 HP
-Tailwind
-Discharge
-Heat Wave
-Protect

Main Summery: This thing is the crux of many strategies on my team. Disquake, Motercharge, this is one of the reasons my team is doing so well (Besides me trolling with Fake Out/Ice Beam misses on Garchomp :P). Tailwind can help my whole team, Heat wave hits both opponents and Discharge is my STAB.

Best Partners: Elec/Garchomp.

Changes: Nothing much. Maybe a new item

Tyranitar @ Balloon
Adamant
Sand Stream
252 Att/252 Speed/4 HP
-Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Protect

Main Summery: Tyranitar is my anti-weather, Garchomp support pokemon. The Balloon is so it can take an Earthquake from Garchomp without hurting itself. The moves are just for STAB and coverage, and don't really serve any purpose other than attacking :P. It's just a great all around poke.

Best Partners: Garchomp, due to sand veil. It can really go with anything on my team.

Changes I'm considering: N/A

Garchomp @ Brightpowder (Oh yeah I went there.)
Jolly
Sand Veil
252 Att/252 Speed/4 HP
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Rock Slide
-Protect

Main Summery: Garchomp is the main sweeper of my team. Brightpowder might seem either cheap or useless depending on your stance, but I've won so many matches due to misses, (WUT HOW DID FAKE OUT MISS?) it's worth the item slot. The moves are typical Garchomp moves. Earthquake and Dragon Claw are STAB, Rock Slide hits both opponents and may flinch, and Protect is Protect.

Best Partners: Anything but Weavile. 4 of the pokemon on my team are immune to Earthquake, so it could do well with anything.

Changes I'm considering: Mabye an item change, but I don't really know what to pick. Suggestions would be helpful.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Pressure
Jolly
252 Att/252 Speed/4 HP
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash
-Fake Out
-Ice Shard

Main Summery: This is my prime Fake Out pokemon. I tend to send it out against other Fake outers and Trick Room/Tailwind leads. Just an all around great poke. It get's good STAB coverage and it's really fast (and if it's not fast enough, I have Ice Shard), so it can take out most, if not all of the dragons.

Best partners: Tornadus is, if not it's best, the one I use the most. It does well with Tyranitar too.

Changes: I may put Ice Shard over Ice Punch. Could help it revenge kill, but I lose some power.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Jolly
Moter Drive
252 att/252 speed/4 whatever
-ThunderPunch
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
-Protect

Main Summery: This Electivire works wonders with Zapdos' Discharge. After a boost or 2, there's little fast enough to take it down. I used to have Tornadus, but this things pure awesomeness just got to me. The moves get good coverage, it counters many pokemon I would normally have problems with, and it's just really strong.

Best Partners: This should be really obvious. Zapdos. It can work well with anything really.

Changes: N/A

With that, I think I have ended my 3rd post on Smogon. Hopefully you enjoyed it, and you have something to say. Any and all comments are appreciated. Thank you!

Smogon and doubles really don't go to well together. It's really kinda cruel to them.

Anyway, as a double battler. I don't see any serious problems off the bat, but if you want to be haxxxxy, I suggest putting Double team on Garchomp for overkill evasioon hax. Brightpowder and Sand veil are good, but adding double team makes it great. I'm also not sure if any of your pokemon learn it, but I would suggest Wide Guard somewhere if they can. so many moves go around that severely hurt all your pokemon, so Wide guard will completely stop that move, while still being able to attack with one pokemon.ie, in many cases, Wide Guard is better than Protect.

Speaking of that, your Zapdos is completely shut down by Wide Guard. If you have good prediction skills, you could use your opponents intended Wide guard turn to activate tailwind.It also shuts T-Tar and Garchomp down, but to a lesser extent, as they have mostly dual-attacking moves.

And Finally, while Protect is extremely good, it's not always the best idea to have it on every pokemon. what happens if you encounter a pokemon with Imprison&Protect, along with decent defensive capabiliies? you took a move out of every one of your pokemons
arsenal. I would suggest only leaving it on the heaviest hitters, so when an opponent uses both pokemon to take it out in one turn, you can keep it alive, while ruining another with your second pokemon.

But yeah, it looks pretty good, good type coverage, etc.. None of my suggestions are really required, but can be used to decent success as well.

I'm testing your team now, hope you don't mind. Just got flattened by someone who repeatedly switched out his Intimidate user. Do you have a normal check/counter to that? Also, Electivire hasn't been used yet. Would TechniTop work better as another Fake Out user? Just suggesting, and I can stop using that team if you think I don't know what I'm doing.

idk where you would put it but maybe amoongus could work as something because it doesn get angry powder and a resistance to discharge but then again your team looks fine just something you could test sometime

Wow, 3 comments on Smogon! I'm impressed!

Anyway...
@Riseruturn: Unfortunantly, I have no pokemon that can learn Wide Guard. I'll test double team, but 3 attacking moves is generally better for me. I don't know, I could try it. :P

Megamance: No, I don't mind you testing my team, as long as you don't go on the rankings mode or anything, (I don't mind free), but if you want to know how to use it, I can let you know. Intimidate is 1 of the few things this team doesn't have a solid counter for. I generally lea with Togakiss/Zapdos and switch around on discharges/Air Slash and Follow me, to get a physical attacker in there. Hitmontop actually might work, I haven't tried it, but if it learns a good Ice move, that's even better. Does it et Ice Punch?

@WtD649: I already have Togakiss, which gets Follow Me, so I'm not in need of amoogus, but thanks for the post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)