Engineer Pikachu Vs. Danmantincan, Hot Lava Everywhere! (4v4 Doubles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear God, I need a better job. Why didn't I become a Tournament Ref? Those guys never go anywhere dangerous. I've had to break into people's houses, mess with deadly chemicals whose names I can't pronounce (or spell), wander through dark alleys at night, stay in poisonous swamps, and now I'm in a god damn magma cavern, just to ref a damn match. Hey, did you guys ever play that game as a kid where you pretended the ground was lava? I always played it outside. Made getting back to the house interesting, I'll tell you. We usually sacrificed one person and used them as a raft to get inside. Thank God I'm so skinny, I was never the raft. Let's agree right off the bat to not do that today, okay?

Anyway, here's the rules for this encounter;

4v4 Doubles
2 Day DQ (3 for Ref)
2 Recoveries/8 Chills

A sea of magma sits beneath the battlers. At the end of each round, there is a 10% chance that the dragon will roar, causing stalactites to drop, dealing 15 Damage to 2 Pokemon. Only Fire-types can dig because of the extreme heat. Earthquake and Magnitude are allowed, but any Pokemon hit by the attack has a 50% chance of their platform being destroyed and they fall into the lava, taking a 12 BP Fire attack coming from 4 SpA. Although there is no water, Surf may be used but it becomes a Fire type attack.
This is mine.

One Ability
Switch=KO
No Items
And now the teams. First, here's Danmantincan's;

Nature: Brave (+1 Atk, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Types: Fire/Ground
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:
Magma Armor: (Innate) This Pokemon has a strong, heated armor that makes it incapable of being frozen. The armor also reduces the Base Attack Power of all incoming attacks by one (1).
Solid Rock: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is extremely solid and durable, and the Base Attack Power of incoming super-effective attacks is reduced by two (2).
Anger Point (DW): (Innate) When struck with a critical hit, this Pokemon becomes enraged and its Attack rises to maximum (Stage 6). However, its Attack will drop up to two (2) stages at the end of each round instead of one (1) stage until it reaches stage zero (0).

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 34 (-)

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
DC: 3/5

Moves:
Growl
Tackle
Ember
Magnitude
Focus Energy
Flame Burst
Take Down
Amnesia
Earthquake
Earth Power
Flamethrower
Lava Plume

Yawn
Ancient Power
Howl

Dig
Rock Slide
Substitute
Toxic
Explosion

Blaziken (F) - Calill
Nature: Rash (+1 SpA, -1 SpD)

Types: Fire/Fighting
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Speed Boost (DW Unlocked): (Innate) Pokemon with this ability increase their speed as the battle progresses, boosting it one (1) stage at the end of each round at the cost of 2% of their energy. This overrides the normal drop in stats that ocurs at the end of each round (stats other than Speed are still affected).

Stats:
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
SpD: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 80

EC: 9/9
DC: 5/5

Moves:
Scratch
Growl
Focus Energy
Ember
Peck
Sand-Attack
Fire Spin
Double Kick
Flamethrower
Sky Uppercut
Mirror Move
Fire Punch
Hi Jump Kick
Quick Attack
Flare Blitz

Counter
Feather Dance
Reversal

Bounce

Fire Blast
Shadow Claw
Rock Slide
Substitute

Darmanitan (M) - Nolan
Nature: Docile (No effect on stats)

Type:
Psychic (ZM): Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Sheer Force: (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.
Zen Mode (DW Unlocked): (Can be Enabled) Once below 50% of its maximum HP, the Pokemon can focus incredible energy into its body and change forms.

Stats:
HP: 110
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 95

(Zen Mode)
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 5
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 55

EC: 6/6

Moves:
Tackle
Rollout
Incinerate
Rage
Fire Fang
Headbutt
Uproar
Facade
Fire Punch
Work Up
Overheat
Flare Blitz
Superpower
Taunt

Focus Punch
Hammer Arm
Yawn
Encore

Will-o-Wisp
U-Turn
Substitute
Rock Slide
Psychic
Fire Blast
Focus Blast
Grass Knot

Magmortar (M) - Tormod
Nature: Lonely (+1 Atk, -1 Def)

Type: Fire

Abilities:
Flame Body: (Innate) This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.
Vital Spirit (DW Unlocked): (Innate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2 (-)
SpA: Rank 5
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 83

EC: 9/9

Moves:
Ember
Smog
Leer
Fire Punch
Smokescreen
Faint Attack
Fire Spin
Confuse Ray
Flamethrower
Sunny Day
Fire Blast
ThunderPunch
Hyper Beam
Flame Burst

Barrier
Cross Chop
Flare Blitz

Counter

Psychic
Flame Charge
Overheat
Detect
Bide
Teleport
Focus Blast
Taunt
Rock Slide
Endure
Substitute
Protect
Thunderbolt

And here's Engineer Pikachu's team;

Muk (Yaku) (M)
Nature: Quiet (Sp.A increased by *; speed divided by 1.15 and opponents have +10% accuracy with attacks)

Type: Poison
Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:
Stench: (Innate) This Pokemon has a foul odor that reeks into each of its attacks, causing all of them to have a 10% flinch rate. This applies to each hit of a multi-hit move.
Sticky Hold: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is covered in a sticky substance that prevents item theft or swapping.
Poison Touch (Unlocked): (Can be Disabled) This Pokemon's body is covered with a film of poison. Whenever it hits an opponent with a contact attack, that opponent has a 30% chance of being Poisoned. When disabled, all this Pokemon's Poison-type attacks will inflict Toxic level poison.

Stats: 105 / 105 / 75 / 65 / 100 / 50

Atk: **** (4)
Def: *** (3)
SpA+: **** (4)
SpD: **** (4)
Spe-: 43 (50 / 1.15)

Evolution Counter: 6 / 6
Move Counter: 0
Dream Counter: 5 / 5

Attacks:
Poison Gas
Pound
Harden
Mud-Slap
Disable
Sludge
Minimize
Mud Bomb
Acid Armor

Acid Spray
Shadow Sneak
Stockpile

Venom Shock
Thunderbolt
Fire Blast
Giga Drain
Shadow Ball
Brick Break

Drapion (Sasori) (F)
Nature: Adamant (Attack increased by *, Special Attack decreased by *)

Type: Dark / Poison
Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:
Battle Armor: (Innate) This Pokemon’s thick armor prevents it from taking critical hits.
Sniper: (Innate) This Pokemon has deadly accuracy and strikes sensitive points, dealing 2 more damage with its critical hits.
Keen Eye (LOCKED): (Innate) This Pokemon has extremely good vision and cannot have its accuracy lowered by any means. Its attacks are still affected by an opponent’s evasion.

Stats: 70 / 90 / 110 / 60 / 75 / 95

Atk+: **** (4)
Def: **** (4)
SpA-: * (1)
SpD: *** (3)
Spe: 95

Evolution Counter: 6 / 6
Dream Counter: 3 / 5

Attacks:
Bite
Poison Sting
Leer
Knock Off
Pin Missile
Acupressure
Knock Off
Scary Face
Crunch
Cross Poison
Bug Bite
Thunder Fang
Ice Fang
Fire Fang

Confuse Ray
Whirlwind
Agility

Aqua Tail

Swords Dance
Substitute
Taunt
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Double Team

Golbat (Kozu) (F)
Nature: Naive (+15% Speed, +18.65% Acc, Special Defense decreased by *)

Type: Poison / Flying

Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Infiltrator (LOCKED): (Innate) Through a combination of speed and cunning this Pokemon easily gets around Light Screen, Reflect, and Safeguard with all of its attacks.

Stats: 75 / 80 / 70 / 65 / 75 / 90

Atk: *** (3)
Def: *** (3)
SpA: *** (3)
SpD-: ** (2)
Spe+: 104 (90 * 1.15)

Evolution Counter: 8 / 9
Move Counter: 6
Dream Counter: 3 / 5

Attacks:
Leech Life
Supersonic
Astonish
Bite
Wing Attack
Confuse Ray
Air Cutter
Screech

Brave Bird
Hypnosis
Nasty Plot
Giga Drain

Heat Wave

Toxic
Taunt
Substitute
Venom Shock

Revenankh (Maila) (F)
Nature: Relaxed (Defense increased by *, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Type: Ghost / Fighting
Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Ability:
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Air Lock: (Innate) This Pokemon releases immense barometric pressure, clearing the weather in the arena and preventing the effect of weather moves and abilities from taking place.
Mummy (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon's skin has a lasting curse on it. When strucky by an opponents contact move, the curse transfers, changing the opponent's ability(ies) to Mummy for the next six (6) actions.

Stats: 90 / 105 / 90 / 65 / 110 / 65

Atk: **** (4)
Def+: **** (4)
SpA: *** (3)
SpD: **** (4)
Spe: 56 (65 / 1.15)

Evolution Counter: Not Applicable.
Dream Counter: 0 / 5

Attacks:
Wrap
Bide
Sand Tomb
Wring Out
Rock Tomb
Arm Thrust
Mean Look
Glare
Shadow Punch

Shadow Sneak
Counter
Drain Punch

Taunt
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Alright, so here's how we move forward (you guys already know, but this reffing may be recorded for training purposes, so bear with me) Danmantincan will send out his two pokemon first and declare their one ability each. Then Engineer will do the same, and issue orders. Then Dan will issue his own orders. Whenever you guys are ready, begin!!

Have I ever said how much I hate poison types?

Let's start off with Nolan, using his Zen Mode ability, and Tormod with his Flame Body.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't like Fire-types D:

Okay, this looks pretty nasty. Maila, go out with your Air Lock. Sasori, follow up with... Sniper, why not.

Sasori: Taunt (Nolan) - Cross Poison (Nolan) - Rock Slide
IF (You are Taunted on A1) THEN (Use Rock Slide instead)

Maila: Glare (Tormod) - Glare (Nolan) - Rock Slide
IF (You are Taunted) THEN (Replace your action with Rock Slide on A1, and Drain Punch (Nolan) on A2)

Ok, well let's block that paralysis by having each of you set up a 15 HP Substitute. Then Nolan will use Focus Punch on Drapion, followed by a Fire Punch.
Magmortar, after creating your sub, hit Drapion with a Hyper Beam, then with a Flame Burst to hit both of them.

Nolan: Substitute (15 HP)~Focus Punch (D)~Fire Punch (D)
Tormod: Substitute (15 HP)~Hyper Beam (D)~Flame Burst (D)

100|110
100|100

Vs.

100|100
100|100

I don't have time for flavor right now, I'll post this so you guys can find all the mistakes I likely made by the time I get back from work/issue actions.

Speed Ties
Action 1; 708 = Darmanitan
Action 2; 757 = Darmanitan
Action 3; 258 = Drapion

Darmanitan
Substitute 15 HP
12 Energy

Focus Punch Drapion
RNG roll to crit; 554 = no crit
[15 BAP + (5 Atk - 4 Def)*1.5] = 16.5 (rounded to 17) Damage, 9 Energy

Fire Punch Drapion
RNG roll to crit; 922 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 577 = no burn
[8 BAP + 3 STAB + (5 Atk - 4 Def)*1.5] = 12.5 (rounded to 13) Damage, 5 Energy

Magmortar
Substitute 15 HP
12 Energy

Hyper Beam Drapion
RNG roll to hit; 665 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 774 = no crit
[15 BAP + (5 SpA - 3 SpD)*1.5] = 18 Damage, 10 Energy

Flame Burst Drapion
RNG roll to crit; 280 = no crit
[7 BAP + 3 STAB + (5 SpA - 3 SpD)*1.5] = 13 Damage, 5 Energy

Flame Burst Revenankh
[100/30] = 3.33 (rounded to 3) Damage

I couldn't find any actual numbers to use for the damage to the side pokemon. Bulbapedia says it does 1/16th. So does Leech Seed in-game. In ASB, Leech Seed does 1/30th, so that's what I had Flame Burst do, too. If it actually is written somewhere as a different number, please let me know.

Drapion
Taunt Darmanitan
10 Energy

Cross Poison Darmanitan
RNG roll to crit; 564 = no crit
[7 BAP + 3 STAB + (4 Atk - 2 Def)*1.5] = 13 Damage, 4 Energy

Rock Slide Darmanitan
RNG roll to hit; 896 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 815 = no crit
[6 BAP + (4 Atk - 2 Def)*1.5]*1.5 SE = 13.5 (rounded to 14) Damage, 6 Energy

Rock Slide Magmortar
RNG roll to hit; 635 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 694 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 955 = no flinch
[6 BAP + (4 Atk - 2 Def)*1.5]*1.5 SE = 13.5 (rounded to 14) Damage

Revenankh
Glare Magmortar
miss, 6 Energy

Glare Darmanitan
miss, 10 Energy

Rock Slide Darmanitan
RNG roll to hit; 512 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 602 = no crit

Rock Slide Magmortar
RNG roll to hit; 591 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 700 = no crit

Dragon's Roar
RNG roll to roar; 262 = no roar

85|81
73|74
--|Taunted (3a)

Vs.

39|95
80|78

Well, good thing that I won that first speed tie...completely forgot that Drapion had 95 Spe.

Nolan: Fire Punch (D)~U-turn (D)~Flare Blitz (D)
Tormod: Psychic (R)~Fire Blast (R)~Psychic (R)

If Revenankh uses Glare and you aren't Taunted, use Substitute (15 HP) (Only once).

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
There is no way you're getting me that easily.

Drapion: Double Team (4) - Confuse Ray (Nolan) - Rock Slide

Revenankh: Bide - hold energy - release (Tormod obviously)

85|81
73|74
--|Taunted (3a)

Vs.

39|95
80|78

Alright, let's get back to the action!

Nolan continues his physical assault on Sasori by dipping his hand into the lava until it catches Fire, then Punching Sasori in the face with the aforementioned fist. Now that just has to hurt. Sasori responds by moving at a blinding speed, creating clones of herself using the Double Team technique. It's gonna be hard to hit Sasori now!! On the other side of things, Tormod uses the mental abilities he's harnessed by blasting Maila with a Psychic blast. Maila takes the hit and just sits there, not really doing anything. It looks like she's Biding her time, waiting for the right moment to strike.

Nolan picks a copy of Sasori, strikes it, and U-Turns away, hoping to avoid any retaliation. But alas, it was just a clone!! Sasori tries to launch a Confuse Ray at Nolan, but thanks to his previous maneuvering, was able to make the attack miss!! Tormod continues to assault Maila, oblivious to what she's up to, by roasting her with a Fire Blast. Maila continues to bide, waiting to take in more damage.

Maila, finally seeing her opening, unleashes against Tormod, hitting him for crazy high damage. Nolan aims for another copy of Sasori, still trying to find the real one, launching himself recklessly with a Flare Blitz, but he once again finds a clone awaiting the impact. Sasori strikes back against Nolan and Tormod for all the heavy offense by nailing them both with a Rock Slide, dealing some hefty damage to both! Tormod continues his relentless assault against Maila, nailing her with another Psychic blast.

Alright, even though I'm starting to sweat like crazy, let's stop and take a look at what's happening.

Speed Ties
Action 1; 662 = Darmanitan
Action 2; 880 = Darmanitan
Action 3; 535 = Darmanitan

Darmanitan
Fire Punch Drapion
RNG roll to crit; 121 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 170 = no burn
[8 BAP + 3 STAB + (5 Atk - 4 Def)*1.5] = 12.5 (rounded to 13) Damage, 9 Energy

U-Turn Drapion
RNG roll to hit; 343 = clone
clone, 5 Energy

Flare Blitz Drapion
RNG roll for confusion; 288 = success
RNG roll to hit; 978 = clone
clone, 7 Energy

Magmortar
Psychic Revenankh
RNG roll to crit; 753 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 269 = no SpD drop
[6 BAP + 3 weight class + (5 SpA - 4 SpD)*1.5] = 10.5 (rounded to 11) Damage, 4 + 3/2 = 5.5 (rounded to 6) Energy

Fire Blast Revenankh
RNG roll to hit; 942 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 59 = crit
RNG roll for effect; 772 = no burn
[12 BAP + 3 STAB + 3 crit + (5 SpA - 4 SpD)*1.5] = 19.5 (rounded to 20) Damage, 7 Energy

Psychic Revenankh
RNG roll to crit; 310 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 155 = no SpD drop
[6 BAP + 3 weight class + (5 SpA - 4 SpD)*1.5] = 10.5 (rounded to 11) Damage, 4 + 3/2 = 5.5 (rounded to 6) Energy

Drapion
Double Team 4 Clones
16 Energy

Confuse Ray Darmanitan
RNG roll for duration; (1,2,3/3) 1 = 2-turn Confusion
5 Energy

Rock Slide Darmanitan
RNG roll to hit; 76 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 954 = no crit

Rock Slide Magamortar
RNG roll to hit; 776 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 966 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 327 = no flinch

Revenankh
Bide
[31 Damage*1.75] = 54.25 (rounded to 54) Damage
6 + 74/2 = 43 Energy

Dragon's Roar
744 = no roar

17|67
54|53
--|Confused (1a)

Vs.

26|53
53|45
2 clones|--

Engineer, your actions, please!!

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm sorry to be a damper again, but how exactly did Confuse Ray miss? From the U-Turn description, it appears to snap Nolan out of confusion if the effect was there when the attack hit, but judging from your flavor, Sasori lost the speed tie to Nolan on that action...

Sasori: Rock Slide - Poison Sting (Tormod) - Rock Slide
IF (Tormod uses Flame Burst) AND (You have Double Team clones up) AND (You are not Taunted) AND (Tormod is not confused) THEN (Insert a Confuse Ray (Tormod) into the queue)
IF (Tormod faints) THEN (Redirect all to Nolan)

Maila: Shadow Sneak (Tormod) - Rock Slide - Shadow Punch (Tormod)
IF (Nolan converts to Zen Mode on or before A3) THEN (Redirect A3 to Nolan)
IF (Tormod faints) THEN (Redirect all to Nolan)

Damn, completely missed bide on the moveset, I got to stop making stupid mistakes x.x

Fortunately our opponent made an illegal substitution and it won't be activated. So Tormod, start off with a Protect to shield yourself from damage. Then use Flame Burst on Drapion, so the splash will dissipate any clones remaining if you don't hit the real one. Finish with a second Protect.
Nolan, start with a Will-o-Wisp on Revenankh, then hit him with a Fire Punch. Finish up with a Focus Punch on Drapion.

Honestly, that's bullshit that he gets a redo for a mistake like that, when it clearly didn't matter that much or else he would have withheld is actions until it was resolved. He even gets to now counter order what I had done, which completely defeats the point of going last.

Tormod, start with an Endure, then use Rock Slide on 2 of Drapion's Clones and Revenankh. Finish with a Psychic on Revenankh.
Nolan, start with a Will-o-Wisp on Revenankh, then hit him with a Fire Punch, followed by a Flare Blitz on Drapion. If Revenankh isn't burned A2, use Will-o-Wisp instead of Fire Punch.

Tormod: Endure~Rock Slide (2D+R)~Psychic (R)
Nolan: Will-o-Wisp (R)~Fire Punch (R)/Will-o-Wisp (R)~Flare Blitz (D)

I'm sorry to be a damper again, but how exactly did Confuse Ray miss? From the U-Turn description, it appears to snap Nolan out of confusion if the effect was there when the attack hit, but judging from your flavor, Sasori lost the speed tie to Nolan on that action...
GDI. Hold on, I'll fix it. It seems fair to let you both re-order actions once I do so. I'll VM you both when that's done.

EDIT: Engineer has edited actions, only fair Danman can too

17|67
54|53
--|Confused (1a)

Vs.

26|53
53|45
2 clones|--

Sorry guys, I'm not feeling well. No flavor today.

Speed Ties
Action 1; 897 = Darmanitan

Darmanitan
Will-O-Wisp Revenankh
RNG roll for confusion; 145 = success
RNG roll to hit; 768 = hit
6 Energy

Fire Punch Revenankh
RNG roll to crit; 253 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 593 = no burn

Flare Blitz Drapion
RNG roll to crit; 847 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 70 = burn
[12 BAP + 3 STAB + (5 Atk - 4 Def)*1.5] = 16.5 (rounded to 17) Damage, 5.67 (rounded to 6) recoil, 7 Energy

Magmortar
Endure
15 Energy

Rock Slide Drapion
RNG rolls to hit; 782 = clone, 587 = clone
6 Energy

Rock Slide Revenankh
RNG roll to crit; 918 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 465 = no effect
[6 BAP + (4 Atk - 4 Def)*1.5]*2/3 resist = 4 Damage

Psychic Revenankh
RNG roll to crit; 654 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 113 = no SpD drop
[6 BAP + 3 weight class + (5 SpA - 4 SpD)*1.5]*1.5 SE = 15.75 (rounded to 16) Damage, 4 + 3/2 = 5.5 (rounded to 6) Energy

Drapion
Rock Slide Darmanitan
RNG roll to hit; 636 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 778 = no crit

Rock Slide Magamortar
RNG roll to hit; 699 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 232 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 481 = no flinch

Poison Sting Magmortar
RNG roll to crit; 568 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 752 = no poison
[4 BAP + 3 STAB + (4 Atk - 2 Def)*1.5] = 10 Damage, 2 Energy

Rock Slide Darmanitan
RNG roll to hit; 991 = miss
RNG roll to crit; 778 = no crit
miss, 6 Energy

Rock Slide Magamortar
RNG roll to hit; 487 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 940 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 349 = no flinch

Revenankh
Shadow Sneak Magmortar
RNG roll to crit; 360 = no crit
[4 BAP - 3 burn + 3 STAB + (4 Atk - 2 Def)*1.5] = 7 Damage, 2 Energy

-2 HP, burn

Rock Slide Darmanitan
RNG roll to hit; 601 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 347 = no crit
[6 BAP - 3 burn + (4 Atk - 2 Def)*1.5]*1.5 SE = 9 Damage, 6 Energy

Rock Slide Magmortar
RNG roll to hit; 45 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 888 = no crit
[6 BAP - 3 burn + (4 Atk - 2 Def)*1.5]*1.5 SE = 9 Damage

-2 HP, burn

Shadow Sneak Magmortar
RNG roll to crit; 919 = no crit
[4 BAP + 3 STAB + (4 Atk - 2 Def)*1.5] = 7 Damage, 2 Energy

-2 HP, burn

1|38
27|35

Vs.

9|4
39|35
--|burned

Danman, your actions. Please let me know if I missed something.

EDIT: Okay, that should fix it. I included the added damage from SE Psychics into this round (Tormod used it twice before, that's an extra 5 damage apiece)

Zen Mode is "Can be enabled", so it doesn't activate unless I say so. You also haven't updated Drapion's HP at the end of the round.

EDIT: Sorry, I just noticed this now, but shouldn't Psychic be SE against Rev?

EDIT2: Ok, Nolan, go ahead and use Rock Slide (2D+R if applicable), followed by two Fire Punches on Drapion.
Tormod, start off with a Detect, followed by a Flame Burst on Drapion, then Chill.

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
Sasori: Confuse Ray (Nolan) - Double Team (4 clones) - Aqua Tail (Nolan)
IF (Maila is dead at the start of A2) THEN (Use Rock Slide until Tormod faints then Aqua Tail (Nolan))

Maila: Glare (Nolan) - Shadow Sneak (Tormod) - Drain Punch

1|38
27|35

Vs.

9|4
39|35
--|burned

Alright, let's get back to the action. I'm getting heat exhaustion.

Sasori starts things off by firing another Confusing Ray at Nolan, causing some Slight Confusion! Nolan doesn't seem to mind for now, though, as he launches a Rock Slide at both Sasori and Maila. The blow is enough to finish off poor Maila, Maila has been KO'ed!! But Sasori manages to hang on by just a thread of health. Tormod Detects that he will be attacked, but his timing is way off.

He was close with his timing, though. Sasori once again gets the jump on her opponents, firing a Rock Slide of her own at the two fire types. The blast sends Tormod down, and he doesnn't get back up, Tormod has been KO'ed! Nolan takes revenge for his fallen comrade, and continues his offensive onslaught with yet another Fire Punch at Sasori, and that hit, you guessed it, was enough to finish the poor girl, Sasori has been KO'ed!!

Man, KO'es all over the place!! While you guys recover your pokemon, I'll review what just happened.

Speed Ties
Action 1; 255 = Drapion
Action 2; 204 = Drapion

Darmanitan
Rock Slide Drapion
RNG roll for confusion; 85 = success
RNG roll to hit; 870 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 75 = no crit
[6 BAP + (5 Atk - 4 Def)*1.5] = 7.5 (rounded to 8) Damage, 6 Energy

Rock Slide Revenankh
RNG roll to hit; 340 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 511 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 676 = no flinch
[6 BAP + (5 Atk - 4 Def)*1.5]*2/3 resist = 6 Damage

Fire Punch Drapion
RNG roll for confusion; 143 = success
RNG roll to crit; 732 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 414 = no burn

Magmortar
Detect
7 Energy

Drapion
Confuse Ray Darmanitan
RNG roll for duration; 1 = 2-Turn Confusion

Rock Slide Darmanitan
RNG roll to hit; 518 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 491 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 855 = no flinch

Rock Slide Magmortar
RNG roll to hit; 57 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 131 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 721 = no flinch

Dragon; 607 = no roar

0|24
0|24
KO'ed|--

Vs.

0|0
0|0
KO'ed|KO'ed

I'll send out Kozu and Yaku for Engineer Pikachu. Danman, you need to send in a replacement for Tormod. After that, it's Engineer Pikachu's actions!!

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
Muk: Mud Bomb - Thunderbolt - Mud Bomb (all at Nolan)
IF (Nolan faints) THEN (Redirect to Blaziken and switch first action to Toxic)

Kozu: Brave Bird - Wing Attack - Brave Bird (all at Nolan)
IF (Nolan attempts to use Will-o-Wisp) THEN (Insert a Taunt (Nolan) into the queue, but only once)
IF (Nolan faints) THEN (Redirect all to Blaziken)

EDIT: Kozu at Inner Focus; Yaku at Stench.

Nolan, start by Activating Zen Mode. Then use Psychic on Golbat until you faint.
Calill, start by making a 20 HP Substitute. Then hit Golbat with a Fire Blast, followed with a Bounce.

Nolan: [Activate Zen Mode] Psychic (G)~Psychic (G)~Psychic (G)
Calill: Substitute (20 HP)~Fire Blast (G)~Bounce (G)

So, I just noticed that all the new pokemon need to choose an ability. I haven't reffed yet, but it could make a difference. Just edit it into your posts, or make new posts. And no, there's no re-ordering actions. I'm not that stupid.

100|24
100|24

Vs.

100|110
100|100

Danman sends in his Blaziken, Callil, and Engineer Pikachu sends in two familiar faces to this ref, Yaku and Kozu! Let's see how the match goes from here;

Nolan looks like he's about to attack, but what's this? Nolan has been promoted to Reaper Class is activating into Zen Mode! He's now more specially offensive, and a defensive powerhouse, to boot! This aughta be interesting! Kozu doesn't grant him a chance to attack, though, and slams into him like a Brave Bird, even though she's a bat. Stop confusing me, Kozu! Callil apparently wants nothing to do with any of the action, and in fact creates a Substitute to take all the damage for her. Nolan, now that he's slower, is finally able to show off his new offensive powers, and slams Kozu with a Psychic blast, dealing some very impressive damage. Yaku finally joins the action by somehow finding some mud to fire a Mud Bomb at Nolan, which, despite Nolan's brand spankin' new defenses, is unable to endure the hit, Nolan has been KO'ed! I suspect that will be the only KO of the round, this time, unlike last round!

Kozu looks around for Callil, but can't find her. She does find Callil's doll, so Kozu Attacks that with her Wing in the meantime. The doll takes the hit like a champ. Callil, coming from who-knows-where, launches a Fire Blast at Kozu, retribution for smacking into her doll, perhaps. Yaku, a bit slow on the uptake it seems, tries to poison Callil with Toxic, but can't find her. So he aims at the doll, too, but it fails. I mean, who ever heard of poisoning a doll?

Kozu, enjoying being the fsatest pokemon on the field, launches herself like a Brave Bird once again. If she's a bat, why am I constantly comparing her to a bird?! Anyway, the hit finally breaks the substitute, and Callil is magically found! She doesn't like taking damage, and Bounces up to the ceiling, just in time to avoid a Mud Bomb from Yaku. Poor guy can't seem to land a hit. Callil lands one, a big one, right on top of Kozu's head. Ouch!

The dragon continues to watch the combatants, content that nothing will disturb it's lair. How much longer will the dragon continue this philosophy?

Darmanitan
Zen Mode
Psychic Golbat
RNG roll to crit; 216 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 864 = no SpD drop
[6 BAP + 4 weight class + 3 STAB + (5 SpA - 2 SpD)*1.5]*1.5 SE = 26.25 (rounded to 26) Damage, 3 + 4/2 = 5 Energy

Blaziken
20 HP Substitute
18 Energy

Fire Blast Golbat
RNG roll to hit; 125 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 512 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 640 = no burn
[12 BAP + 3 STAB + (5 SpA - 2 SpD)*1.5] = 19.5 (rounded to 20) Damage, 7 Energy

Bounce Golbat
RNG roll to hit; 180 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 118 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 649 = no paralysis
[7 BAP + 4/2.5 + (5 Atk - 3 Def)*1.5] = 11.6 (rounded to 12) Damage, 6 + 4/3 = 7.33 (rounded to 7) Energy

Golbat
Brave Bird Darmanitan
RNG roll to crit; 721 = no crit
[10 BAP + 4 weight class + 3 STAB + (3 Atk - 4 Def)*1.5] = 15.5 (rounded to 16) Damage, 5.33 (rounded to 5) recoil, 6 + 4/2 = 8 Energy

Wing Attack Blaziken
RNG roll to crit; 328 = no crit
[6 BAP + 3 STAB + (3 Atk - 3 Def)*1.5]*1.5 SE = 13.5 (rounded to 14) Damage, 3 Energy

Brave Bird Blaziken
RNG roll to crit; 158 = no crit
[10 BAP + 4 weight class + 3 STAB + (3 Atk - 3 Def)*1.5]*1.5 SE = 25.5 (rounded to 26) Damage, 6 + 4/2 = 8 Energy

Muk
Mud Bomb Darmanitan
RNG roll to hit; 338 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 637 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 39 = acc. drop
[7 BAP + (4 SpA - 4 SpD)*1.5]*1.5 SE = 10.5 (rounded to 11) Damage, 6 Energy

Toxic Blaziken
Substitute, 6 Energy

Mud Bomb Blaziken
miss, 6 Energy

Dragon's Roar; 721 = no roar

80|0
68|0
--|KO'ed

Vs.

37|110
81|82

Alright, Danman only has one pokemon remaining, Gareth the Camerupt. Danman, please pick his abilty, and your actions please!

Come on out Gareth (With Magma Armor)!

Start off with a Lava Plume and follow that up with a Fire Blast on Golbat and finish with an Earth Power on Muk. If Golbat attempts to Dodge the Fire Blast, use Earthquake, and Lava Plume A3.
Calill, go after Golbat with a Flamethrower, followed by a Fire Punch and finish with another Flamethrower. If Golbat attempts to dodge A2, use Bounce on Muk.

Gareth: Lava Plume~Fire Blast (G)/Earthquake~Earth Power (M)/Lava Plume
Calill: Flamethrower (G)~Fire Punch (G)/Bounce (M)~Flamethrower (G)

Obviously redirect to Muk if Golbat faints.

80|100
68|100

Vs.

37|110
81|82

I am way more tired than I thought I'd be after doing rolls and calcs. I may add flavor in the morning, but I'll leave this here for now.

Camerupt
Lava Plume Blaziken
RNG roll to crit; 533 = no crit
[6 BAP + 3 STAB + (4 SpA - 2 SpD)*1.5]*2/3 resist = 8 Damage, 5 Energy

Lava Plume Golbat
RNG roll to crit; 63 = crit
RNG roll for effect; 722 = no burn
[6 BAP + 3 STAB + 3 crit + (4 SpA - 2 SpD)*1.5] = 15 Damage

Lava Plume Muk
RNG roll to hit; 345 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 662 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 949 = no burn
[6 BAP + 3 STAB + (4 SpA - 4 SpD)*1.5] = 6 Damage

Fire Blast Golbat
RNG roll to hit; 537 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 496 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 986 = no burn
[12 BAP + 3 STAB + (4 SpA - 2 SpD)*1.5] = 18 Damage, 7 Energy

Earth Power Muk
RNG roll to hit; 324 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 268 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 305 = no SpD drop
[9 BAP + 3 STAB + (4 SpA - 4 SpD)*1.5]*1.5 SE = 18 Damage, 6 Energy

Blaziken
Flamethrower Golbat
RNG roll to crit; 298 = crit
RNG roll for effect; 474 = no burn
[10 BAP + 3 STAB + (5 SpA - 2 SpD)*1.5] = 17.5 (rounded to 18) Damage, 6 Energy

Fire Punch Golbat
RNG roll to crit; 389 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 297 = no burn
[8 BAP + 3 STAB + (5 Atk - 3 Def)*1.5] = 14 Damage, 5 Energy

Flamethrower Muk
RNG roll to hit; 945 = miss
6 Energy

Golbat
Substitute 20 HP
18 Energy

Hypnosis Camerupt
RNG roll to hit; 924 = miss
7 Energy

Muk
Minimize
9 Energy

Mud Bomb Blaziken
RNG roll to hit; 543 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 623 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 405 = no acc drop
[7 BAP + (4 SpA - 2 SpD)*1.5]*1.5 SE = 15 Damage, 6 Energy

Mud Bomb Blaziken
RNG roll to hit; 299 = hit
RNG roll to crit; 980 = no crit
RNG roll for effect; 922 = no acc drop
[7 BAP + (4 SpA - 2 SpD)*1.5]*1.5 SE = 15 Damage, 10 Energy

Dragon; 794 = no roar

42|100
51|82

Vs.

0|86
0|57
KO'ed|+1 evasion

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
Acid Spray - Mud Bomb x2 (Blaziken)
IF (Blaziken is in Bounce) THEN (Redirect to Camerupt)

Yeah, no way for me to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)