Togekiss

Togekiss is everything anyone would want in a Pokemon; nice bulk, movepool out the wazoo, an amazing 120 Special Attack stat, two great abilities, and it's cute as well. The main drawbacks are Togekiss's weakness to the common Rock, Ice and Electric moves, but weaknesses are something almost everything has and if you can play around them or have your partner capable of taking out whatever Pokemon threatens your Togekiss, it will not you down bar Air Slash not flinching.

Double sets:

Follow the Togekiss
Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry/Leftovers
Bold/Calm Nature
Serene Grace
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD

Air Slash
Follow Me
Protect/Roost
Thunder Wave/Body Slam/Helping Hand

• Air Slash and Serene Grace go together like beef and broccoli
  • Follow Me keeps the heat off your teammate and allows setup
  • Protect/Roost help keep Togekiss alive and well
  • 4th slot is mainly filler, and Togekiss has so much to do with it, but the main ones are Body Slam and Thunder Wave, which can bring faster Pokemon down to Togekiss's speed range so it can flinch them to death and Helping Hand is an XD exclusive move that can power up a partner's Earthquake or other moves and is great on a bulky Pokemon like Togekiss
  • You can run 0 Speed IVs and a Relaxed/Sassy nature for Trick Room
  • Extremespeed and Aura Sphere are more offensively oriented candidates for the first slot; Extremespeed can pick off Pokemon that have activated their Focus Sash, and Aura Sphere compliments Air Slash by covering Rock and Steel types that resist it

ScarfKiss
Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Serene Grace
6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Air Slash
Heat Wave
Tri-Attack/Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball
Trick

• Allows Togekiss to outspeed and flinch normally faster Pokemon without setup
  • Heat Wave gives Togekiss a nice spread move with a 20% chance of burn on each Pokemon
  • 3rd slot depends on what your team needs/what you have access to; Tri-Attack is a nice Serene Grace abusing STAB move, but Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball hits Heatran and other Flash Fire Pokemon that might want to soak up a Heat Wave
  • Trick is obvious, locking opponents into undesirable moves, along with making them slower in Trick Room

Tailwind
Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry/Leftovers
Calm/Bold Nature
Serene Grace
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spe

Tailwind
Air Slash
Aura Sphere/Heat Wave
Protect/Follow Me

• This set aims to be a mix between Choice Scarf and Follow Me, supporting the team while outpacing the opponent and making them flinch with Air Slash
  • Aura Sphere and Heat Wave provide coverage
  • The choice of Follow Me and Protect is tough, and you should look your team over and decide which one you need the most. Alternatively, you could forgo Aura Sphere and Heat Wave and have both moves, but you give up coverage

on the scarfkiss follow me is very viable. especially if its coming in as a weakened mon, or against tr its also effective as it helps your other mon try to get a hit, as kiss will be the "slower" pokemon.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
disagree ^

scarfkiss looks fine as well as follow me, a trick room togekiss could work since base 80 speed isnt too fast for tr, also please do write a tailwind set as that could be helpful as well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)