Status
Not open for further replies.

LordHMM

Banned deucer.
El PicosTra p

Introduction
------------------------------

Definite changes will be made in red!

(instead of deleting my thread put me in the RMT archive) p.s. i had to do this from scratch and idk the codes/tags so dont hate meh!! Alright soo I haven't touched Pokemon (lol) for a while. I can probably beat you if we were to play a 6v6 match. I got this idea from this person named Nymph (lol) I think that was the persons name? But anyways his/her team included an Smeargle Drifbloom Gliscor Metagross Hippowdon Cradily. In todays Metagame (not the 5th generation, i grew up; in the 4th lol), that team would get crushed. But i took that team and made it perfect and if you understood the game at the point you would believe me, in fact i never lost with it, but then again i never wanted it to get out. but i never wanted it to go to waste so i might as well reveal it but im telling you once its out SOMEBODY will stop it well heres the team cause i dont feel like talking... btw! lol just for some giggles i am Killahlaxer743 in that &quot;Future Team Raters&quot; haha i didnt know i would be a celebrity here but i would REALLY appreciate if you would just unblock my ip it was obvious i was kidding.. oh and another thing i got bashed so much as a team rater but when you read this all of yall nazis will shut up i guess thats why i got banned (lol) *btw there is no point in making a threat list, with a team like this one error is enough to win*< br />

Objective Of This Team

Well, start with Crobat to prevent any entry hazards. Then Venomoth to Agility and Sleep Powder for a safe Baton Pass to Umbreon who Mean Looks and then Drifblim to TrickScarf the opponent into one attack. Gliscor then stats up and passes the offensive boosts to Metagross to sweep. Pretty simple right?

Team Building Process:
The original team sucked. So I walked outside and when I returned, I was completely under the influence. I sat down and looked at everything for about 17 minutes, and the team was complete. The basic idea around the team was simple, but it was the EV’s that made the team successful. I played several different scenarios in my head until I came to the conclusion of how to approach every threat and which EV’s and movesets that would benefit the most for that Pokemon.

Well I started off With Smeargle(Block,Encore,Baton Pass). The problem was that almost every lead carried Taunt or Priority/Flinch moves that stopped this entire lead. And it made it very obvious I was going for a Baton Pass team right off the bat which triggered their defense plan against it. In addition they would set up Stealth Rock/Spikes/Weather that would wipe out my Sashes that worked similar to a backup lifeline to my pokemon. I decided that instead of being Taunted, I would Taunt first and then set up without the worry of being stopped by usual means. First was Electrode but Crobat came with Confuse Ray that doesn’t affect ones status like Electrodes status moves would do (that would prevent me from using Sleep Powder later on) In addition Pursuit allowed me to handle those Lead Sashers that would escape once taunted. You have no idea how easy it is to get a free turn of set up thanks to Taunt

Now that I had my safeguard I worked on one of the most innovative movesets I think in the entire game and this pokemon was NU (imagine how much damage I caused in NU and UU using a similar team) Venomoth allowed me to get a free Agility to Umbreon who needed the speed boost to effectively trap and escape out of there without dying or being injured by those faster physical type attackers. And with Shield Dust, I wouldn’t have to worry about those secondary affects that would inhibit Venomoth from succeeding. Venomoth is the most important part of the chain. Without the speed consider the chain dead from the start, so if Sleep Powder was to miss and Venomoth were to die consider the team dead weight.

With my speed and a safe and healthy pass to Umbreon, I could deploy the deadly Trap Pass without worries. I looked at Umbreon as my Blissey or special wall for the team.

On the original team once Smeargle trapped the pokemon, Drifblim was up next and Trick Scarfed to gain the extra speed boost and on that set it was max speed but due to the addition of Venomoth I could bypass that restraint and focus on its defenses. I knew a Trap Pass would be troublesome if the pokemon trapped had a variety of movesets so by locking the opponent in one move enabled me to move around more freely, and the fighting pokemon that would usually be switched in would go for Crunch or Stone Edge so I Maxed my defense in order to survive a hit and switch to either Gliscor/Umbreon depending on the attack/type. In addition Drifblim provided a nice and safe switch for Umbreon when taking Fighting type attacks.

So by now I had all the key components the only thing left was a way to improve my offenses and of course Gliscor was next in line. Gliscor was made special defensive because of the fact that Special attacks were capable of putting a dent in my plan. With a high special defense I could take more hits and Swords Dance and physical hits were not a problem since naturally Gliscor is bulky.

And the best finisher in the entire game was of course Metagross. I couldn’t think of any other pokemon more fitting for the position.
The Team

@

Crobat (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Spd/252 HP/ 4 Def
Jolly nature (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)
- Taunt
- Confuse Ray
- Rain Dance
- Pursuit
---
Analysis:

ALWAYS use taunt first, stops almost all baton pass threats. rain dance is to get rid of other damaging weather conditions and the best part about this lead is everyone assumes its rain dance so your baton pass is very hidden and the key to a successful team is to hide your intentions until your opponent messes up. Confuse ray is to get rid of any Lum Berries which is SO important! pursuit is to break any sashers that get taunted who try to run, its the most annoying thing when youre about to sweep and get stopped by a sash so predict the switch. Btw i love Inner Focus fake out fools fall for this lol just a free turn. (btw do as much damage as possible until this pokemon dies, i assure you i win all my matches 5-0.)

EVs & Nature:
The Ev's are basically designed to take as many physical attacks as possible.

@

Venomoth @ Focus Sash Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 216 HP/252 Def/40 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder>
- Agility
---
Analysis:
So you got the opponent thinking youre a noob by keeping in a Crobat and just taunting and confuse ray, then you throw out this and its probably Raining (lol) almost every opponent will laugh at you. Well secret is, all they can do is attack and you still have a sash, so Agility then SleepPowder. And HP Fire is to handle Scizor. But once you get that speed, even if they switch the pokemon will be asleep. and you get another free pass.

EVs & Nature:
The EV’s are designed for maximum Speed and maximum Sp. Atk to hurt Scizor.

@

Umbreon (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP/128 Spd/128 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Mean Look
- Charm
- Taunt
- Baton Pass
---
Analysis:
I made the speed so that after an Agility it outpaces just about everything that would be a problem to it. (i just remembered taunt stops those Trick Jirachi/Rotom-A but not Trick Starmie) But always Mean Look first. Either they will switch or stay put, and that pokemon is trapped. Shed Shell Forretress/Skarmory i guess is a problem but only people that i know who use that are extremely intelligent players (lol) Charm is to drop those physical physical attackers before they hit you once they are trapped, and taunt is obvious.

EVs & Nature:
The EV's are designed to outspeed all base 100 choice scarf users and the rest is poured into HP and Sp.Def.

@

Drifblim (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Stockpile
- Captivate
- Trick
---
Analysis:
When umbreon comes out expect fighting type attacks cause any good player would know not to use special so I usually trap physical type attackers. Captivate lowers special attackers, and Stockpile is just powerful. But im really hoping this is explanatory.. just Trick right off the bat and viola speed boost so that scarf means nothing at all and stat up to your hearts content. I usually stat up until the last moment and easily baton pass with the +4 speed

EVs & Nature:
These Ev's are designed to take on as many physical attacks as possible due to its Stone Edge/Crunch weakness and when grouped with Umbreons Charm it creates an unstoppable force.

@

Gliscor (F) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Captivate
---
Analysis:
(I hope you notice how each pokemon covers one another in the chain from the very start) But Special defensive Gliscor is important and yache berry just in case the opponent is trapped in an Ice type attack. (You should use some logic before passing to this if they are locked in an ice type attack or simply switch to umbreon and stall it out, and after a stockpile or two it wont budge umbreon; the EV's designed for that) You've already won if you made it this far (lol)

EVs & Nature:
The EV's are designed for maximum special defense to withstand Surfs/Ice beams.

@

Metagross @ Focus Sash
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch
- Ice Punch
---
Analysis:
And the typical Finisher, I prefer Zen Headbutt over Meteor Mash. More Accuracy and chance of Flinch. I'm pretty sure it covers more types then Meteor Mash and the power at that point wont matter because +6 is enough to kill.

EVs & Nature:
The EV's were designed to maximize its Attack and Speed. Nothing special here.

This entire team was designed for the 4th Generation. Not the 5th Generation. How can I revamp this team for the 5th Generation. If not please state your opinion on the team as it is and flaws and other things I may have missed. Try it once and you will see how easy it is to guarantee a win.
THREAT LIST COMING SOON:

Ahaha I just realized that if an imposter ditto came in on you're metagross it could steal all the boosts and sweep back.

Hmm.. i guess a leader Deoxys-S with thunderbolt/ice beam (which isn't very incommon) could blow your crobat away, and maybe your venomoth too..

Also, it's not very smart to have a strategy based on exact switches..I mean.. you can't count on switching crobat to venomoth, and then venomoth to umbreon... etc everytime..

if something goes wrong.. like a random hidden power / critical hit or something.. you're pretty much screwed

Hmm.. i guess a leader Deoxys-S with thunderbolt (which isn't very incommon) could pretty blow your crobat away...

Also, it's not very smart to have a strategy based on exact switches.. if something goes wrong.. like a random hidden power / critical hit or something.. you're pretty much screwed
Then again thats almost always the thing with full baton pass teams.
Good thing would be getting a few pokemons in case the chain goes wrong.
As you have a full physical sweeper in the end , you should add a special sweeper/wall breaker somewhere in there.

Then again thats almost always the thing with full baton pass teams.
Good thing would be getting a few pokemons in case the chain goes wrong.
As you have a full physical sweeper in the end , you should add a special sweeper/wall breaker somewhere in there.

Yea.. thats what I meant...

In my BP team I got 2 receivers, but they can roll without setup.. and a espeon with stored power, that can sweep like hell with a simple quiver dance / shell smash pass..

Also, picture this.. you are able to spend like 15 rounds settin up and BPing... you finally reach metagross, and the oponnent sends something with roar / whirlwind.. what do you do? =S

LordHMM

Banned deucer.
Battle wisely and you will never lose Harold
Shogun check this out, even though he knew of the pass i could still find a way to win!

Rules: Evasion Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause Tony32 sent out Forretress (lvl 100 Forretress ?).
Lordhmm975 sent out Crobat (lvl 100 Crobat ?).
Lordhmm975: alright good luck tell me what you think of this at the end
Tony32 switched in Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
Crobat used Taunt.
Heatran fell for the taunt!
---
Crobat used Confuse Ray.
Heatran became confused!
Heatran is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
Heatran lost 7% of its health.
---
Crobat used Rain Dance.
Rain began to fall!
Heatran snapped out of confusion!
Heatran used Overheat.
Crobat lost 64% of its health.
Heatran's special attack was harshly lowered.
Heatran lost 10% of its health.
The rain continues to fall.
---
Crobat used Confuse Ray.
Heatran became confused!
Heatran is confused!
Heatran used Overheat.
Crobat lost 30% of its health.
Heatran's special attack was harshly lowered.
Heatran's taunt wore off! The rain continues to fall.
---
Crobat used Taunt.
Heatran fell for the taunt!
Heatran is confused!
Heatran used Hidden Power.
It's not very effective...
Crobat lost 4% of its health.
---
Crobat used Pursuit.
Heatran lost 4% of its health.
Heatran snapped out of confusion!
Heatran used Hidden Power. It's not very effective...
Crobat lost 4% of its health.
Lordhmm975's Crobat fainted.
---
Lordhmm975 switched in Venomoth (lvl 100 Venomoth ?).
Tony32 switched in Forretress (lvl 100 Forretress ?).
Venomoth used Agility.
Venomoth's speed was sharply raised.
The rain stopped.
---
Venomoth used Sleep Powder.
Forretress fell asleep!
Forretress is fast asleep!
---
Tony32 switched in Rotom-h (lvl 100 Rotom-h).
Venomoth used Baton Pass.
Lordhmm975 switched in Umbreon (lvl 100 Umbreon ?).
---
Rotom-h used Trick. Rotom-h obtained Focus Sash! Umbreon obtained Choice Scarf! Umbreon used Mean Look. Rotom-h was trapped!
---
(after that i made sure i was faster then all scarfs)
Lordhmm975: lol ah
Lordhmm975: soo close
Lordhmm975: haha
Sky_high has entered the room.
Lordhmm975 switched in Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).
Rotom-h used Thunderbolt.
It doesn't affect Gliscor...
---
Tony32 switched in Vaporeon (lvl 100 Vaporeon ?).
Gliscor used Baton Pass.
---
Venomoth used Agility.
Vaporeon used Surf.
Venomoth lost 49% of its health.
---
Lordhmm975 switched in Drifblim (lvl 100 Drifblim ?).
Vaporeon used Surf.
Drifblim lost 37% of its health.
---
Tony32 switched in Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
A sandstorm brewed!
Drifblim used Trick.
Drifblim lost its burden!
Drifblim obtained Choice Band!
Tyranitar obtained Choice Scarf!
The sandstorm rages.
Drifblim is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Drifblim lost 6% of its health.
---
Tyranitar used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Drifblim lost 64% of its health.
Lordhmm975's Drifblim fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Lordhmm975 switched in Venomoth (lvl 100 Venomoth ?). Tyranitar used Pursuit.
Venomoth lost 25% of its health.
Venomoth used Agility.
The sandstorm rages.
Venomoth is buffetted by the sandstorm! Venomoth lost 6% of its health.
---
Lordhmm975 switched in Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).
Tyranitar used Pursuit.
Gliscor lost 17% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Tony32 switched in Vaporeon (lvl 100 Vaporeon ?).
Gliscor used Swords Dance.
Gliscor's attack was sharply raised.
The sandstorm rages.
Vaporeon is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Vaporeon lost 6% of its health.
Vaporeon's leftovers restored its health a little! Vaporeon restored 6% of its health.
---
Vaporeon used Surf.
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 63% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Vaporeon's leftovers restored its health a little!
Vaporeon restored 6% of its health.
---
Gliscor used Baton Pass.
Lordhmm975 switched in Metagross (lvl 100 Metagross).
Vaporeon used Surf.
Metagross lost 47% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Vaporeon's leftovers restored its health a little!
Vaporeon restored 6% of its health.
---
Metagross used Thunderpunch. It's super effective!
Vaporeon lost 138% of its health.
Tony32's Vaporeon fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Tony32 switched in Rotom-h (lvl 100 Rotom-h).
Metagross used Zen Headbutt.
Rotom-h lost 196% of its health.
Rotom-h hung on using its Focus Sash!
Rotom-h flinched!
The sandstorm rages.
Rotom-h is buffetted by the sandstorm! Rotom-h lost 6% of its health.
Tony32's Rotom-h fainted.
---
Tony32 switched in Forretress (lvl 100 Forretress ?).
Tony32: boo lost again, gg.
Tony32 has left the room.
Lordhmm975 wins! (we battled a lot and he beat it eventually but then again it took him a few tries he was on Team Uber) --------------------------------------------

This is the ACTUAL trap pass and it worked again ^^ Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Self-KO Clause, Soul Dew Clause
PRIME5 sent out Ninjask (lvl 100 Ninjask ?).
geodude sent out Crobat (lvl 100 Crobat ?).
Ninjask used U-turn.
Crobat lost 12% of its health.
PRIME5 switched in Porygon2 (lvl 100 Porygon2).
Porygon2 traced Crobat's Inner Focus! Crobat used Taunt.
Porygon2 fell for the taunt!
---
Crobat used Confuse Ray.
Porygon2 became confused!
Porygon2 is confused!
Porygon2 lost 7% of its health.
Porygon2's leftovers restored its health a little! Porygon2 restored 6% of its health.
---
Crobat used Rain Dance.
Rain began to fall!
Porygon2 is confused! Porygon2 used Thunderbolt.
It's super effective!
Crobat lost 79% of its health.
Porygon2's leftovers restored its health a little!
Porygon2 restored 1% of its health.
---
Crobat used Rain Dance.
Porygon2 is confused!
Porygon2 lost 6% of its health.
Porygon2's taunt wore off!
Porygon2's leftovers restored its health a little!
Porygon2 restored 6% of its health.
---
Crobat used Taunt.
Porygon2 fell for the taunt!
Porygon2 is confused!
Porygon2 lost 6% of its health.
Porygon2's leftovers restored its health a little! Porygon2 restored 6% of its health.
---
Crobat used Pursuit.
Porygon2 lost 8% of its health.
Porygon2 snapped out of confusion!
Porygon2 used Thunderbolt.
It's super effective!
Crobat lost 9% of its health.
geodude's Crobat fainted.
The rain continues to fall. Porygon2's leftovers restored its health a little! Porygon2 restored 6% of its health.
---
geodude switched in Venomoth (lvl 100 Venomoth ?).
PRIME5 switched in Honchkrow (lvl 100 Honchkrow ?).
Venomoth used Agility.
The rain stopped.
---
Venomoth used Hidden Power.
Honchkrow lost 23% of its health.
Honchkrow used Drill Peck.
It's super effective! Venomoth lost 100% of its health.
Venomoth hung on using its Focus Sash!
Honchkrow lost 10% of its health.
---
Honchkrow used Sucker Punch.
But it failed!
geodude switched in Umbreon (lvl 100 Umbreon ?).
---
Umbreon used Mean Look. Honchkrow was trapped!
Honchkrow used Superpower.
It's super effective!
Umbreon lost 88% of its health.
Honchkrow's attack was lowered.
Honchkrow's defence was lowered.
---
Umbreon used Baton Pass.
geodude switched in Drifblim (lvl 100 Drifblim ?).
Honchkrow used Drill Peck.
Drifblim lost 32% of its health.
---
Drifblim used Trick. Drifblim lost its burden!
Drifblim obtained Life Orb!
Honchkrow obtained Choice Scarf!
Honchkrow used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Drifblim lost 25% of its health. ---
Drifblim used Stockpile.
Drifblim stockpiled 1!
Drifblim's defence was raised.
Drifblim's special defence was raised.
Honchkrow used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Drifblim lost 14% of its health.
---
Drifblim used Stockpile.
Drifblim stockpiled 2!
Honchkrow used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Drifblim lost 13% of its health.
---
Drifblim used Stockpile.
Drifblim stockpiled 3!
Honchkrow used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Drifblim lost 10% of its health.
---
Drifblim used Baton Pass.
geodude switched in Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).
Honchkrow used Pursuit.
Gliscor lost 5% of its health.
---
Honchkrow used Pursuit.
---
geodude: ;)
Honchkrow used Pursuit.
---
Honchkrow used Pursuit.
---
geodude wins!

And this is an example of what i would do if they had a U-turn pokemon or a pokemon with Shed Shell that can not be trapped i will go straight to Gliscor and end it
Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Self-KO Clause, Soul Dew Clause
epiros sent out Kingdra (lvl 100 Kingdra ?).
Lordhmm975 sent out Crobat (lvl 100 Crobat ?).
Crobat used Taunt.
Kingdra fell for the taunt!
Kingdra used Surf. Crobat lost 55% of its health.
---
Crobat used Confuse Ray.
Kingdra became confused!
Kingdra is confused!
Kingdra used Surf.
Crobat lost 45% of its health.
Lordhmm975's Crobat fainted.
---
epiros switched in Magnezone (lvl 100 Magnezone).
Venomoth used Agility.
---
Venomoth used Sleep Powder.
Magnezone fell asleep!
Magnezone is fast asleep!
---
epiros switched in Kingdra (lvl 100 Kingdra ?).
Lordhmm975 switched in Umbreon (lvl 100 Umbreon ?).
---
epiros switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Umbreon used Mean Look. Scizor was trapped!
---
Umbreon used Charm.
Scizor's attack was harshly lowered.
Scizor used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Umbreon lost 49% of its health.
epiros switched in Honchkrow (lvl 100 Honchkrow ?).
---
(woops lol first scizor i was up against so i had to improvise)
Umbreon used Baton Pass. Lordhmm975 switched in Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).
---
Scizor used U-turn.
Gliscor lost 23% of its health.
epiros switched in Kingdra (lvl 100 Kingdra ?).
---
Lordhmm975: lol now i could just go and win but ive never tried this before so worth a shot
Gliscor used Captivate.
Kingdra's special attack was harshly lowered.
The Yache Berry weakened Ice Beam's power!
Kingdra used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 25% of its health.
---
Kingdra used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 49% of its health.
---
epiros switched in Gyarados (lvl 100 Gyarados ?).
Gliscor used Baton Pass.
Lordhmm975 switched in Metagross (lvl 100 Metagross).
--- Metagross used Thunderpunch.
It's super effective!
Gyarados lost 100% of its health.
epiros's Gyarados fainted.
---
epiros switched in Breloom (lvl 100 Breloom ?).
Metagross used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
Breloom lost 100% of its health.
epiros's Breloom fainted. ---
epiros switched in Honchkrow (lvl 100 Honchkrow ?).
Honchkrow used Sucker Punch.
Metagross lost 40% of its health.
Metagross used Thunderpunch.
It's super effective!
Honchkrow lost 100% of its health.
epiros's Honchkrow fainted.
---
Metagross used Earthquake.
Scizor lost 100% of its health.
epiros's Scizor fainted.
---
epiros has left the room.
Lordhmm975 wins!

I don't think you should use Focus Sash on Metagross. If you're opponent has Spikes or Stealth Rock up, it won't do anything. I suggest using Leftovers instead.

And I honestly don't really see the need for Captivate and Charm, might as well use a Def and Sp.Def Boost like a Vaporeon Acid Armor. Then at the end Metagross will have good defenses

Just a thought; Would a move like thunder wave work instead of captivate on drifblim? It throws the pokemon completely at your mercy so you could force a switch buying you yet another term to boost stats. Not sure if it's what you want but just food for thought

LordHMM

Banned deucer.
Shining Latios
I don't think you should use Focus Sash on Metagross. If you're opponent has Spikes or Stealth Rock up, it won't do anything. I suggest using Leftovers instead.

.....................-______-
kmuffinman
And I honestly don't really see the need for Captivate and Charm, might as well use a Def and Sp.Def Boost like a Vaporeon Acid Armor. Then at the end Metagross will have good defenses

......o.O this is dumb. look at the team, ask yourself if Metagross will reallyy need those defenses when its never touched. I thought it was obvious that the defense boost were necessary. Im not insulting you but realize that Umbreon traps a SINGLE pokemon. That pokemon may possess attacks that are really damaging. Suppose I trap an Infernape (my Opponents counter to Umbreon) on the switch with Mean Look. I baton pass to Drifblim to take the expected fighting type attack, easy switch. (Or i may Charm since if i already know the set if it was a Lead Infernape). When Drifblim is in, I TrickScarf as they Overheat/FireBlast/HP (Charm is for StoneEdge ect). That will do some serious damage. Stockpile increases +1 SpDef and +1 Def, but Captivate lowers the Infernape that is TRAPPED AND LOCKED into that attack by -2. The smarter decision would be to lower their attack.

supajew754
Just a thought; Would a move like thunder wave work instead of captivate on drifblim? It throws the pokemon completely at your mercy so you could force a switch buying you yet another term to boost stats. Not sure if it's what you want but just food for thought

........Hey ummm well the point of Thunder Wave is to lower the opponents speed and to increase the chance of paralysis. In my opinion on a team like this it would be kind of pointless :/ Not the mention the Agility Boost from Venomoth and it has access to Sleep Powder. And when you Trick with Drifblim it's speed gets another +2 Boost due to its ability Unburden. Using Thunder Wave would only waste time and a turn when you could Boost your stats or Lower your opponents. But you can test it if you prefer, I just think the moveset it already possesses provides better success for the team.

I think i should explain this for people to better understand:
Turn 1. Crobat: Taunt -- Stops Spikes/Rocks/Status on Enemy #1
Turn 2. Crobat: RainDance/ConfuseRay/Pursuit Until Crobat dies. -- Removes Weather/LumBerry for Venomoth to Sleep Powder/Removes Sashes on Leads
Turn 3. Venomoth: Agility -- Enemy #1 (Taunted) switches or attacks.
Turn 4. Venomoth: Sleep Powder -- Enemy #1/#2 Falls Asleep.
Turn 5. Venomoth: Baton Pass to Umbreon -- Enemy#1/#2 (Sleeping) or Switch to Enemy #3
*Remember They Have NO Idea Whats Next*
Turn 6. Umbreon: Mean Look. - Opponent Switches to Counter or Attacks with Current Pokemon.
Turn 7. Umbreon: BatonPass/Charm/Taunt - Common Sense
Turn 8. Drifblim: TrickScarf another +2 Spd (Total +4) - Explained Above
Turn 9. Drifblim: Stockpile/Captivate - Explained Above
Turn 10. Drifblim: BatonPass to Gliscor or Stockpile/Captivate - Explanatory
Turn 11. Gliscor (W/ Boosted Defenses): SwordsDance
*Remember Pokemon Trapped and Locked in ONE Handicapped Attack*
Turn 12. Gliscor: SwordsDance/BatonPass to Metagross
Turn 13. Metagross: End Game

And what happens when Ninjask, sets up a sub, and then speed boosts to +6 and then sends out a mixed attacker... Like infernape, which with HP Ice (Assuming he has his most basic moveset) kills everything on your team. Prediction is not enough if your oponent has +6 unless you have something that can switch in resist and also Speed boost to +6 AND get lucky enough to get 3 protects in a row AND THEN get something to counter all of its attacks both defensively and special defensively...

LordHMM

Banned deucer.
HDT
And what happens when Ninjask, sets up a sub, and then speed boosts to +6 and then sends out a mixed attacker... Like infernape, which with HP Ice (Assuming he has his most basic moveset) kills everything on your team. Prediction is not enough if your oponent has +6 unless you have something that can switch in resist and also Speed boost to +6 AND get lucky enough to get 3 protects in a row AND THEN get something to counter all of its attacks both defensively and special defensively...

.............I will Taunt, Ninjask will Protect, then Substitute/BatonPass as I switch to Metagross. I Zen Heabutt, break the sub on the switch. I have a Focus Sash so expect Infernape to die on the next attack.

kmuffinman

......o.O this is dumb. look at the team, ask yourself if Metagross will reallyy need those defenses when its never touched. I thought it was obvious that the defense boost were necessary. Im not insulting you but realize that Umbreon traps a SINGLE pokemon. That pokemon may possess attacks that are really damaging. Suppose I trap an Infernape (my Opponents counter to Umbreon) on the switch with Mean Look. I baton pass to Drifblim to take the expected fighting type attack, easy switch. (Or i may Charm since if i already know the set if it was a Lead Infernape). When Drifblim is in, I TrickScarf as they Overheat/FireBlast/HP (Charm is for StoneEdge ect). That will do some serious damage. Stockpile increases +1 SpDef and +1 Def, but Captivate lowers the Infernape that is TRAPPED AND LOCKED into that attack by -2. The smarter decision would be to lower their attack.
I don't think you understand. The point of a Baton Pass team is to pass boosts all the way to the final pokemon at the end. By decreasing the opponent's stats, you are only decreasing the damage that ONE pokemon can do. By increasing your stats and passing it around, you are decreasing the damage ALL his pokemon can do.
Take this for example:
Infernape locked in by Mean Look, attack at -2, he can do 0.5 of his original damage. Next pokemon comes in after Infernape is defeated, he can attack at his normal stats.
But, if instead you Baton Pass a move like Acid Armor, Infernape's attacks will only do 0.5 as much damage as it should do. Next pokemon comes in, and it also can only do 0.5 as much damage as it should normally do.
See what I mean? If you don't I will be happy to continue explaining
About Metagross, what happens a hit actually reaches him, maybe through priority? If you are able to Baton Pass defenses to him, he will be unstoppable, as his defenses will be sky high. While it is not necessary to pass the boosts to him, isn't it better to do so since you can?
Another point to note is that some Steel types have Shed Shell, meaning they can escape from Mean Look, rendering your stats drop on them useless. If they switch out and you still have your good defenses, then you have no reason to worry!
Finally, this is more of a side note, Captivate only affects Pokemon of the opposite gender. What happens if a FEMALE pokemon comes in? Blissey is always female, and some Skarmory are female to stop Rivalry Haxorus. Even more reason to boost your own stats instead.
Hope I made my point clear :D

I don't think you understand. The point of a Baton Pass team is to pass boosts all the way to the final pokemon at the end. By decreasing the opponent's stats, you are only decreasing the damage that ONE pokemon can do. By increasing your stats and passing it around, you are decreasing the damage ALL his pokemon can do.
Take this for example:
Infernape locked in by Mean Look, attack at -2, he can do 0.5 of his original damage. Next pokemon comes in after Infernape is defeated, he can attack at his normal stats.
But, if instead you Baton Pass a move like Acid Armor, Infernape's attacks will only do 0.5 as much damage as it should do. Next pokemon comes in, and it also can only do 0.5 as much damage as it should normally do.
About Metagross, what happens a hit actually reaches him, maybe through priority? If you are able to Baton Pass defenses to him, he will be unstoppable, as his defenses will be sky high. While it is not necessary to pass the boosts to him, isn't it better to do so since you can?
Another point to note is that some Steel types have Shed Shell, meaning they can escape from Mean Look, rendering your stats drop on them useless. If they switch out and you still have your good defenses, then you have no reason to worry!
Finally, this is more of a side note, Captivate only affects Pokemon of the opposite gender. What happens if a FEMALE pokemon comes in? Blissey is always female, and some Skarmory are female to stop Rivalry Haxorus. Even more reason to boost your own stats instead.
I completely agree with kmuffinman. You should focus on boosting YOUR pokemon's stats, not decreasing your opponents. All your opponent has to do is switch out into something that can deal with your team, such as Ice attacks, and your pretty much done for if you haven't boosted enough to OHKO or 2OHKO. I'd say stick to boosting your stats and passing it off to metagross, and you have a solid team right here. I'd love to battle you sometime.

LordHMM

Banned deucer.
Take this for example:
...............alright I can tell you're one of those players who wont admit until proven wrong (lol) and I am fully aware of WHAT you're trying to explain(this is a Hyper Offensive Baton Pass which is more suited for overall playing field), I've mastered baton pass in so many ways its indescribable so trust me i know what you are saying but if you want to open up more opportunities for your opponent to win then by all means switch it up.

But what you fail to understand is that Umbreon TRAPS an individual pokemon. *THERE IS NO SWITCHING* Drifblim TRAPS that individual pokemon into ONE attack/move. Drifblim does this by Trick Scarfing. The point is to keep that ONE pokemon in (Exp. Infernape uses Overheat x15, after -2 Sp.Atk due to Captivate) times until you pass off to Metagross. Look at the situation here, Captivate/Curse are an immediate -2 drop, AND boosting my own defenses doesn't add to the fact that Metagross outpaces all of my opponents pokemon. Metagross is already a bulky pokemon, it can squash hits. If you play correctly you can usually get a Stockpile or two maybe even three. But all in all it is not really needed. Maybe if I break it down you will understand. We all know what a Salamence is correct? Salamence is a bulky pokemon and after 2/3 Dragon Dances, consider that Game Over for your opponent. Metagross is the same concept. Not to mention when you lower your opponents attacks, and switch off to Gliscor, it will hardly put a dent in Gliscor, which can then Swords Dance to its hearts content without worrying about being knocked out.

That is why I either boost my defenses or lower my opponents attack so that i can instead focus on boosting my offense FOR GLISCOR*. It doesn't hurt to have more versatility in my methods of boosting/lowering stats. You keep saying they will &quot;switch pokemon&quot; but how will they do that if they are trapped and locked into a single attack? They cant. And unless they have Priority/Scarf Metagross will attack first and will more than often OHKO. If they have a Sash so does Metagross. And if you played correctly, Metagross can switch in Hazard free.

In addition, lets say i were to drop a pokemon for your &quot;Vaporeon&quot; how will that in any contribute to the overall team. A vaporeon on a Baton Pass team would work wonders if it were a Stall/Balanced type Baton Pass team.

[Try Luppuny, Celebi+LeechSeed, Smeargle+Ingrain, Vaporean+AquaRing, Gliscor, Medicham/MixedNumel (lol works wonders)]
*Thats instant Substitute Recovery non stop*

But in my situation I am boosting my offenses for a very quick sweep. get it now? OH and blissey and whatever else you said is a huge threat -__-

I completely agree with kmuffinman. You should focus on boosting YOUR pokemon's stats, not decreasing your opponents. All your opponent has to do is switch out into something that can deal with your team, such as Ice attacks, and your pretty much done for if you haven't boosted enough to OHKO or 2OHKO. I'd say stick to boosting your stats and passing it off to Metagross, and you have a solid team right here. I'd love to battle you sometime.
..............they can't switch and Metagross has agility it wont be attacked....-____-
Don't worry about Ice Type attacks, if anything (saying I wasn't able to lower/boost stats for my defense) I'd switch to Umbreon stall it out until it struggles, then Gliscor Swords Dances and viola Metagross comes in on the last struggle before the opponents pokemons death and takes the match. Like it looks a little confusing but try creating the team and testing it and you'll understand what I mean. and how easy it is to use once you understand how.

Don't 5th gen mechanics say that even the turn you get Tricked, you can pick a different move that turn, and the turns he got Tricked a Choice item, he could of picked Baton Pass over switching?

It worries me that nobody seems to have mentioned that Mean Look isn't Baton Passed. Plus, any phazer/prankster taunt screws this team over badly without Espeon. Also, say (lol) less, it's annoying.

Deoxys-S can Stealth Rock first turn, kill your crobat with psycho boost/ super power, then commence to kill your Venomoth.

I don't understand how this team wins.

LordHMM

Banned deucer.
Don't 5th gen mechanics say that even the turn you get Tricked, you can pick a different move that turn, and the turns he got Tricked a Choice item, he could of picked Baton Pass over switching?
............Well if you read, you would have noticed that this team was designed for the 4th Generation. But I have no idea what youre getting at in the last sentence lol try again please and ill clarify

It worries me that nobody seems to have mentioned that Mean Look isn't Baton Passed. Plus, any phazer/prankster taunt screws this team over badly without Espeon. Also, say (lol) less, it's annoying.
It worries me that you are so unintelligent enough to not notice that this team was designed for the 4th generation any rules or regulations that are applied to the 5th generation do not surface in this thread. Baton Pass + Mean Look, in the 4th generation, is passable. (lol)

Deoxys-S can Stealth Rock first turn, kill your crobat with psycho boost/ super power, then commence to kill your Venomoth.

I don't understand how this team wins.
Deoxy-S is an Uber in the 4th, umm i guess if i were to revamp the team for the 5th generation i'd probably use Deoxy-S in its place. But the team wins, maybe one day when im not being productive ill revamp the entire team for the 5th generation :)

In fact if you have any SUGGESTIONS for the 5th Generation, then i would gladly appreciate it due to the fact the team is obviously to good for the 4th

You should probably have put this in the 4th gen section, then...

As far as DPP is concerned (assuming it hasn't changed much since 5th gen came out), how would Crobat deal with the very common Aerodactyl leads? If it wins the speed tie, it can taunt Crobat, and then disrupt much of your very specific strategy? Scarftar can also cause you big problems, as it can outspeed the likes of crobat and venomoth, KO with stone edge, and Sandstorm ruins the sashes. Any Hippo or Tar lead ruins the sashes, of course.

LordHMM

Banned deucer.
You should probably have put this in the 4th gen section, then...

As far as DPP is concerned (assuming it hasn't changed much since 5th gen came out), how would Crobat deal with the very common Aerodactyl leads? If it wins the speed tie, it can taunt Crobat, and then disrupt much of your very specific strategy? Scarftar can also cause you big problems, as it can outspeed the likes of crobat and venomoth, KO with stone edge, and Sandstorm ruins the sashes. Any Hippo or Tar lead ruins the sashes, of course.
.................Haha i love this, here's a secret.... even if you have entry hazards you can still win a match the sashes just protect my pokemon it doesn't mean i necessarily need them :) but really only Aerodactyl (if it wins the speed tie) and Electrode can stop me with Taunt. But ScarfTar comes down to predictability (obvious since its a lead) but from my experience I will always Rain Dance first against Tyranitars because in order for them to OHKO they need the sand and my goal is to have Venomoth come in and Agility+Sleep Powder/Baton Pass, the process may not always be the sam but the concept is always the same. Hippowdon I will Taunt first, then Rain Dance since its slower. Rain Dance is enough to force a switch as they want to keep their Sandstorm (assuming their a good player and know how to properly counter a rain dance team)

Yeahh about that 4th Generation thing. i just found a new proxy to get back on smogon so i have no idea where everything is NOT my fault! But idc if they card they woulda moved it. But its all good cause either way people can try to Revamp this team for the 5th Generation if its possible

Ah, now I see what you are saying. So basically what you do is 1st reduce the opponent's attk/sp.attk so that he is useless, then proceed to bulk up your defenses with stockpile, am I correct? Interesting strategy, but just remember that Shed Shell Steels can escape from Baton Pass, so it would be good to bulk up your defenses asap after you trap the opposing poke.
Btw I didn't mean that you should replace one of your pokes with Vaporeon, I was just giving an example
Interesting team anyway

The arrogance in this thread is ridiculous.

If youre here to gloat about your team, no one really wants to hear it. If you're here to improve your team for Gen V, then listen up. This team will not work in Gen V. Scrap it. Mean Look is not passable, so your strategy is screwed. And yes I KNOW THIS IS DESIGNED FOR GEN IV. Too bad you posted it in a Gen V OU board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)