Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the delay folks!

2v2 Singles
2 Day DQ
2 recover/ 3 chill
Switch=No
Abilities=All
Items=No
A very open arena with a two or three shriveled trees. There is a swamp of caustic liquid lined with a multitude of mushrooms. The swamp emits a gas that has the chance of poisoning the competitors. (10% chance normal poison, 5% bad poison. Calculated at the begining of each round). The mushrooms can be eaten, but with risk.

As the only water in the arena is the swamp, water and ice moves have a 30% chance of poisoning the foe, and a 10% chance of poisoning the user unless the user is of the poison- or steel- type. (normal poison)

Poison- type moves are powered up by one BAP, and any move used by a poison type pokémon gains one BAP. These bonuses stack.

Non damaging moves that inflict poison are absorbed by the environment.

The mushrooms can have any of these effects each with a 10% chance of being the chosen effect.

Normal Poison.
Bad Poison.
Paralyze.
Acts as a 3 BAP poison attack from a 3 Attack. Non-STAB.
acts as a 3 BAP poison attack from a 3 Special Attack. Non-STAB.
Acts as an Oran Berry.
Acts as a Lum Berry.
Acts as a Sitrus Berry.
Changes Pokémon's type to poison.
No Effect.

Team Teke:

Piplup (*) Rico (M)
Nature: Timid

Type:

Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 46 (+)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Gains an accuracy boost of 7

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:

Torrent: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by two (2).

Defiant (DW): (Innate, Locked) The Pokemon has a deep sense of honor, and whenever one of its stats are decreased by an opponent's Attack or Ability, it's Attack increases by two (2) stages. Attack Boosts gained this way are not subject to deterioration that round.

Attacks:
Level Up
*Pound
*Growl
*Bubble
*Water Sport
*Peck
*Bide
*BubbleBeam
*Fury Attack

Egg Moves
*Aqua Ring
*Yawn
*Mud Slap

TM/HM
*Scald
*Grass Knot
*Icebeam

Blitzle (*) Mari (F)

Nature: Adamant

Type:

Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 76
Weight Class: 3

EC: 0/6

Abilities:

Lightningrod: (Innate) These Pokemon naturally attract electricity to themselves and away from partners in double battles. When struck with an Electric attack, they transfer the energy into their body, using it to increase their Special Attack by one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

Motor Drive: (Innate) This Pokemon nullifies any electrical attack damage and converts the energy from any electrical attack (inc. Thunder Wave) into an energy source that allows it to boost its speed by one (1) level. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

Sap Sipper (DW): (Innate, Locked) This Pokemon lives on a steady diet of plants and has developed defenses to every Grass-type attack. When attacked with a Grass-type move, damage and effects are negated and the Pokemon gains a one (1) stage attack boost. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

Attacks:
Level Up
*Quick Attack
*Tail Whip
*Charge
*Shock Wave
*Thunder Wave
*Flame Charge
*Pursuit
*Spark

Egg Moves
*Double Kick
*Me First
*Double Edge

TM/HM
*Return
*Wild Charge
*Volt Switch

Team LightWolf:

Deino (Cerberus) (M)

Nature:
Lonely - (+Attack, -Defence)

Type:
Dark - Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Dragon - Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Abilities:
Hustle - (Can be enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Atk: 4 (+)
Def: 1 (-)
SpA: 2
SpD: 2
Spe: 38
Weight Class: 2

EC: 0/9
DC: No Dream World Ability

Attacks:
Tackle
Dragon Rage
Focus Energy
Bite
Headbutt
Dragonbreath
Roar
Crunch

Thunder Fang
Ice Fang
Head Smash

Dragon Tail
Taunt
Torment

Breezi (Robin) (F)

Nature: Brave

Type:

Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:

Persistent: (Innate) This Pokemon has a great affinity for odd field effects. When it uses one of these effects it increases their duration. Moves affected are Gravity, Heal Block, Lucky Chant, Magic Room, Safeguard, Trick Room, Tailwind, and Wonder Room by an additional one (1) round or three (3) actions depending on the move.
Vital Spirit: (Innate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.
Unburden (DW): (Innate) (Locked) This Pokemon is incredibly possessive. If it uses or loses an item in battle its rage swells and its speed doubles (x2) until it receives another item.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 73 (-)
Weight Class: 1

EC: 0/6

Attacks:

Gust
Sand Attack
Tailwind
Encore
Rapid Spin
Knock Off
Heal Pulse
Copycat
Whirlwind
Razor Wind
Entrainment

Acrobatics
Torment
Sludge Wave

Earth Power
Follow Me
Me First

Rebble (Usopp) (M)

Nature: Modest

Type:

Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Abilities:

Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.
Technician: (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).
Mold Breaker (DW): (Innate) Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)

Stats:

Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 90
Weight Class: 2

EC: 1/9
MC: 3
DC: 1/5

Attacks:

Tackle
Defense Curl
Rollout
Rock Blast
Disable
Acupressure
Mud Shot
Power Gem
Double-Edge
Paleo Wave
Ancientpower
Earth Power

Calm Mind
Fire Blast
Energy Ball

Chris sends out his first Pokemon, Wold responds with orders, Chris orders etc

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Then my choose shall be Cerberus!

Lets go boy! If we try our best attacks against him it should work out. Due to the nature of this fight we have to take risks and it's now or never, Hustle will be activated.

Thunder Fang ~ Crunch ~ Thunder Fang

Alright. It looks like cerberus might be a problem. Create a protective barrier from contact moves by combining scald and aqua ring. Then blast him with ice beam.

if that doesn't work, blast him with ice beam, yawn, then ice beam again.

I don't understand how your combo is meant to work at all.... If you want to use combos at least explain how they're meant to work.

*sniff* Aaaah love that noxious gas. Chris Teke and LightWolf have come here today to this... lovely... wasteland to battle!
Fools.
Let's see what Pokemon they've decided to cruelly send out into this uninhabitable death trap:
Oh it seems Chris has gone with Rico the Piplup. The poor penguin doesn't seem fond of this environment, I guess the water is the wrong shade of...green...
LighWolf responds with a Deino named Cerberus who in contrast seems alarmingly at ease in this post-apocalyptic-like wasteland. Hmm...

Piplup begins the action with an Ice Beam which does decent damage but also causes himself to become poisoned. Perhaps his sickly appearance puts off Deino, because his Thunder Fang has missed.
Perhaps becoming drowsy from the virulent atmosphere, Rico lets out a Yawn, but Cerberus though too now drowsy pulls through and Crunches down on the penguin.
With that, both Pokemon return to old tricks with Ice Beam and Thunder Fang. Yeah, if I was battling here, I'd be feeling a little uninspired myself.

Piplup
55 HP
79 EN
Poisoned

Deino
56 HP
82 EN
Drowsy

It was meant to surround Rico with pulsating rings of scalding water to prevent Cerberus from getting close enough to bite. That round worked out better than it would have though, so no complaints.

Alright Rico, you almost did as much damage as he did, and he is about to fall asleep, but he will probably try to throw another thunder fang at you. Dodge that or any other attack he tries. Then hit him as hard as you can with two ice beams.

dodge=ice beam=ice beam

LightWolf

lightwoof
Even Dodging his chances might be not that good of escaping me. So lets try the best possible move here, Torment, that should shut down his Ice Beam for a while, which is his best move against me, with that disabled our chances go up. Let us also hope for short sleep time.

Torment Ice Beam ~ Thunder Fang ~ Crunch

Cerberus attempts to Torment his opponent before falling asleep but the tiny Penguin manages to dodge it! Smelling opportunity, Rico slams his sleeping opponent with a pair of Ice Beams, one of which poisons the dragon and the other crits! Luckily, Deino does awaken in time to bite back with Crunch.
Piplup
35 HP
60 EN
Poisoned

Deino
3 HP
65 EN
Poisoned

LightWolf

lightwoof
Lucky little Piplup... (Also I'm assuming the first Ice Beam did 17 damage, which would wake me up from the sleep auto, I assume due to the new sleep rules)

Crunch+Thunder Fang Combo ~ nada ~ Thunder Fang

It did in the flavor. Wow that was lucky, sorry!

Alright Rico. Stalling him out will Knock him out the second action, but so that we can save as much of your HP to hurt his next mon, I want you to attack him with bubble. Then eat a mushroom and hope it is a good one. Then chill and wait for his next mon.

Bubble=eat mushroom= chill

Piplup decides to use his very weakest attack, but it still succeeds in finishing off his opponent.
Piplup
33 HP
57 EN
Poisoned

Deino
KOd

LightWolf, your new Pokemon, then chris' actions and so on.

(It did wake him up. Rico is faster)

Alright Rico. This is the choice I was worried about. Yawn to try to lull him to sleep. Then scald him twice.

Yawn=scald=scald

Edit: (You are right. He didn't wake up. I misread. Rico should be at 9 HP at the beginning of the round.) Good job out there Rico.

LightWolf

lightwoof
(Well the reffing didn't indicate that he woke up and used Thunder Fang, which is why I'm asking)

Lets go with some quick damage and hope it ends well.

Energy Ball ~ AncientPower ~ Energy Ball

He was in an intense, 2 action sleep. Ice Beam caused him to sleep for 1 action instead. Thunder fang was not executed.

To avenge poor Cerberus LightWolf sends out his Rebble known as Usopp!

Super speedy, Usopp gets things underway quickly, striking piplup with an Energy Ball. Despite considerable damage, Piplup simply Yawns at the attack. This causes Rebble to feel he is being mocked, and he angrily lashes out with Ancientpower, fainting Rico.

Piplup
KOd

Rebble
90 HP
89 EN
Drowsy

Chris' Pokemon, Wolf's actions etc

LightWolf

lightwoof
Just realised Chris doesn't need ot send out a mon since he only has one option...

I shall just spam Earth Power

Use thunderwave to slow him down before he falls asleep. Then double kick him twice. That shouldn't wake him up early, but if he does wake up, use his earth power first.

Thunderwave=Double Kick=Double Kick
If Usopp wakes up, replace Double Kick with Me First.

Chris sends out Blitzle, meaning that both players are down to their last Pokemon. Things are getting intense now!
Usopp kicks things off with Earth Power thanks to his high speed, but this speed is quickly cut by the newcomer's Thunder Wave, and to worsen his situation he then falls into an intense sleep - major bummer! Blitzle finishes the round by Double Kicking his sleeping opponent twice. I should I say four times?
Blitzle
74 HP
86 EN

Rebble
68 HP
82 EN
Paralysed (20%)

Alright Mari. Let's try our luck while he is asleep. I want you to eat a mushroom and try to find one that turns you into poison type. Then kick double kick him twice again. If he uses earth power at anytime he is awake, use it against him first with me first.

Eat mushroom= double kick= double kick
if Earth power is used while awake, replace current action with me first.

LightWolf

lightwoof
Okay with all the long sleeps I hope this will work out... DIsable the Double Kicks, this way making most of his turn pointless. Follow up with some strong attacks not called Earthpower.

Disable Double Kick ~ AncientPower ~ Paleo Wave

Usopp, fearing Blitzle's Double Kicks decides to Disable his ability to use said move. Blitzle however doesn't seem to care, and just starts eating a Mushroom. Unusually, he is now Poison Type. How strange! Regardless, Rebble just pounds his opponent with AncientPower, but then cramps up in his attempt to use Paleo Wave.
Blitzle
59 HP
86 EN
Poison Type, Disabled (Double Kick, 3 Actions)

Rebble
68 HP
70 EN
Paralysed (10%)

I've been a bit slack it seems, sorry guys.
Won't be an issue LightWolf due to my own delay the 5th will be within DQ time most likely.

Blitlze Charges himself up to compensate for his lack of electric STAB while Rebble simply blasts away with Fire Blast. Mari then goes into attack mode, striking twice with Spark, however Usopp manages to raise all of his stats in between by hitting with Ancientpower. Luckily for Blitzle he cramps up afterwards.
Blitzle
33 HP
64 EN
Poison Type, +1 SpD, Charged (3 Actions)

Rebble
46 HP
55 EN
Paralysed (5%), +1 Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)