double / triple battle sets

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Adamant, Guts / Swarm
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Close Combat
-Megahorn
-Rock Slide
-Night Slash / Earthquake

• Choice Scarf allows heracross to outspeed and deal massive damage to many faster threats, such as lati@s
  • Megahorn gives Heracross a way to hit Cresselia, a quality that few fast physical attackers have
  • Rock Slide 2hkoes nearly every Flying-type Pokemon, but some priority support will be needed to keep Heracross alive
  • Night Slash is a filler move that grants coverage on Ghost-type Pokemon, such as Gengar or Dusclops.

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Brave, Guts
0 speed IV
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
-Close Combat
-Megahorn
-Rock Slide / Earthquake
-Protect

• Trick Room Heracross can go quite unnoticed, but completely wreck and strategies focusing on tailwind, chlorophyll, or swift swim.
  • Heracross is one of two Pokemon to resist Hitmontop's main priority attacks (the other being Toxicroak), allowing it to easily attack without prediction.
  • Flame Orb prevents Amoonguss or Parasect from Sporing everything
  • Jellicent or Cresselia are the best candidates for setting up TR, as they provide the offensive power to muscle through almost every Pokemon

Heracross is one of the best counters to the common way to beat Trick Room. Stall. Cresselia and Blissey, two of the most used stall pokemon in GBU that counter Trick teams effectively, are hit super-effective by Heracross's STABs.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How do Blissey and Cresselia counter Trick Room teams? Most Trick Room teams utilize a multitude of physical attackers, such as Rhyperior or Metagross, both of which can easily break through those two. Cresselia's inability to do any sort of damage to anything not weak to Psychic in particular makes it rather useless against most Trick Room teams except to reverse Trick Room. But against a Cresselia, where you don't need to attack first, having Trick Room up isn't a significant advantage at all. That niche isn't important enough to mention in my opinion.

In Singles, where Scarfcross is practically the only set, I used Band and fooled a lot of people into switching out when they didn't have to. I even battled somebody else who had the same idea, to my injury.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
If the idea is to force people to switch out due to the threat of a Choice Scarf, then wouldn't Substitute also be a good move choice? You could even run Substitute + Flame Orb to get the same Attack as a Choice Band, and the length of GBU matches means that Flame Orb + Substitute won't die immediately. Flame Orb also means you can run Facade, which 2HKOes Gliscor.

I don't really remember too well. I only remember that when I have encountered them I have expected them to be Scarfed, and they haven't been.
I've not seen any for a while now...

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just kinda assume they're going to be Flame Orbed, as that guts boost means they can do some absolutely monster damage, with both STAB's and Facade. He's not he bulkiest thing though, so does need some assistance with a good choice of partner in doubles.

When they're available (I don't know if they are or not yet) in the Dream World with Moxie, I can see Scarf being very popular, to come in, tidy up, and start grabbing some boosts

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Yea he said when its released, but i always find heracross competing with scizor for a spot on my team. I guess because there both bugs and benefit from rain. Though heracross has c.c instead of bp and no acrobatics. But ehh he got facade.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
Heracross and Scizor serve vastly different roles on a team, in both Singles and Doubles. While in Singles, Heracross functions as a scarfed revenge killer and status absorber or an incredibly powerful attacker (which can get past defensive Gliscor), Scizor is a bulky tank and/or a priority sweeper, taking out faster Pokemon with Bullet Punch. In Doubles, Heracross is a scarfed check to faster teams or a Trick Room attacker that can't be crippled by Will-O-Wisp, while Scizor is mostly seen on rain teams to take out Pokemon such as Tyranitar, Abomasnow, Virizion, and other Pokemon which normally check rain teams. While certain specific niches such as checking Latios are similar, the two Pokemon as a whole are entirely separate and only overlap slightly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)