move 2: Fake Out
move 3: Sucker Punch
move 4: Payback
item: Eviolite
ability: Dry Skin
nature: Adamant
evs: 52 HP / 188 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With extremely useful typing, access to Drain Punch, and a ton of useful priority moves, Croagunk is quite possibly the best bulky attacker in Little Cup. With a healthy balance in both offense and defense due to Eviolite, Croagunk is an excellent pivot, being able to switch in to a good chunk of the metagame and check it unharmed. Eviolite Croagunk is also very diverse, as it can play the role of a revenge killer and stallbreaker exceptionally well. Not only is Croagunk an excellent bulky attacker, but it is quite famous for one trait: the ability to counter Scraggy. The Toxic Mouth Pokemon's unique typing makes it the only one in Little Cup to resist both of Scraggy's STAB attacks, allow it to switch in freely to any of Scraggy's moves (except the extremely rare Zen Headbutt) and KO Scraggy without losing much HP at all. Croagunk has the ability to defeat common walls such as Lileep and Ferroseed whilst they are unable to retaliate. Its typing also allows it to absorb Toxic Spikes, which makes it great on stall teams. Working well with Slowpoke and Mienfoo means the three make an excellent stall core.</p>

<p>Croagunk has more advantages that make it a great holder of Eviolite. Good base stat distribution allows Croagunk to use its EVs very well; it is able to max out its Attack, raise its defenses an appreciated amount, and increase its HP and Speed stats. Drain Punch is another plus for Croagunk, slightly making up for its lack of reliable recovery. Unfortunately, Drain Punch is illegal with many of Croagunk's useful moves such as Knock Off.</p>

<p>It's not all great for Croagunk, however. It loses to every Ground-type Pokemon in Little Cup save Sandile. Scarfed Flying-types such as Taillow and Doduo can play mind games with it, as it is hard to tell whether the opponent will use Brave Bird or predict a switch. Croagunk also faces a 4x Psychic weakness; Psychic-type moves are extremely sporadic. Pokemon such as Slowpoke, Scraggy, and Gastly might be hiding Zen Headbutt or Psychic, so Croagunk has to be extremely careful.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The given item, nature, and EVs leave Croagunk with 16 Attack, 18 Defense and Special Defense, 12 Speed, and 22 HP, a respectable balance.</p>

<p>While Croagunk is diverse in the roles it plays, it has very few other options that are legal with Drain Punch. If your team has a designated Gastly check, such as Stunky, Bullet Punch might be preferred over Payback, but it's not a very strong move. Another priority option to use over Payback is Vacuum Wave; Life Orb Croagunk is a better revenge killer than Eviolite Croagunk, but if you are desperate for Vacuum Wave, you may use it over Payback with a Brave nature and an EV spread of 52 HP / 188 Atk / 116 Def / 28 SpA / 116 SpD. Croagunk has legal access to Earthquake over Payback, which may or may not be a better option depending on the rest of your team, as it helps to combat other Croagunk.</p>

<p>Good teammates are Pokemon that can annihilate Ground-types and Fighting-types. Omanyte is an amazing teammate, as it can set up Toxic Spikes, which works well in conjunction with Fake Out and priority in general. It can also set up Spikes and Stealth Rock to aid a sweep by Croagunk. Slowpoke and Croagunk make a good defensive core due to their great synergy. Slowpoke destroys Ground- and Flying-types (save Drifloon), while Croagunk beats everything Slowpoke fears such as Gastly and Bug-types. Mienfoo also works well with Croagunk, as it can check Zen Headbutt Scraggy and knock off Slowpoke's Eviolite so the two can hit it with Payback and U-turn.</p>

Alright good! Let's get this done since Croagunk needs to be updated.

It'd be nice if you could do the whole update though because I'm lazy -.-

(stamp)

Ok well I'm fine with updating it. I'll just turn this thread into an update thread then. I'll edit when I'm done.
edit: ok aerrow, sorry! Thanks for the approvals. I'll write this today since I have nothing better to do...

I think a good Teammate for this set is Vullaby as she takes no damage from psychic or ground attacks easily switching and shuffling with whirlwind or scaring a weak Psychic-type (something stall teams are prone to do). She doesn't have anything to hit SE ground types (and must be wary of Rock attacks) but against Slowpoke and Scraggy she's very good.

Croagunk already beats Scraggy, and there are better Slowpoke checks. The main reason I don't want to mention Vullaby is because it's a subpar Pokemon. Sure, it works okay with Croagunk, but suggesting its use when there are better options isn't really helping anyone.

This is already past QC anyway. If someone on the team really wants me to mention it, I will.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
additions
deletions

Croagunk

[SET]
name: Eviolite
move 1: Drain Punch

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With extremely useful typing, access to Drain Punch, and a ton of useful priority moves, Croagunk is quite possibly the best bulky attacker in Little Cup. With a healthy balance in both offense and defense due to Eviolite, Croagunk is an excellent pivot, being able to switch in to a good chunk of the metagame and check it unharmed. Eviolite Croagunk is also very diverse, as it can play the role of a revenge killer and stallbreaker exceptionally well. Not only is Croagunk an excellent bulky attacker, but it is quite famous for one trait: the ability to counter Scraggy. The Toxic Mouth Pokemon's unique typing makes it the only one in Little Cup who to resist both of Scraggy's STAB attacks, allow it to switch in freely to any of Scraggy's moves (except the extremely rare Zen Headbutt) and KO Scraggy without losing much HP at all. Croagunk has the ability to defeat common walls such as Lileep and Ferroseed while they can't do anything back whilst they are unable to retaliate. Its typing also allows it to absorb Toxic Spikes, which makes it great on stall teams. Working well with Slowpoke and Mienfoo means the three can make an excellent stall core.</p>

<p>Croagunk has more advantages that make it a great holder of Eviolite. Good base stat distribution allows Croagunk to use its EVs very well, as; it is able to max out its Attack, raise its defenses an appreciated amount, and increase its HP and Speed stats. Drain Punch is another plus for Croagunk, slightly making up for its lack of reliable recovery. Unfortunately, Drain Punch is illegal with many of Croagunk's useful moves such as Knock Off.</p>

<p>It's not all great for Croagunk, however. It loses to every Ground-type Pokemon in Little Cup save Sandile. Scarfed Flying-types such as Taillow and Doduo can play mind games with it, as it is hard to tell whether the opponent will use Brave Bird or predict a switch. Croagunk also faces a 4x Psychic weakness; Psychic-type moves are extremely sporadic, and it is hard to tell if the opponent has them. Pokemon such as Slowpoke, Scraggy, and Gastly might have Zen Headbutt or Psychic, so Croagunk has to be extremely careful.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The given item, nature, and EVs leave Croagunk with 16 Attack, 18 Defense and Special Defense, 12 Speed, and 22 HP, a respectable balance.</p>

<p>While Croagunk is diverse in the roles it plays, it has very few options that are legal with Drain Punch. If your team has a designated Gastly check, such as Stunky, Bullet Punch might be preferred over Payback, but it's not a very strong move. Another priority option to use over Payback is Vacuum Wave; Life Orb Croagunk is a better revenge killer than Eviolite Croagunk, but if Vacuum is extremely desired you're desperate for Vacuum Wave, you may use it over Payback with a Brave nature with an EV spread of 52 HP / 188 Atk / 116 Def / 28 SpA / 116 SpD. Croagunk has legal access to Earthquake over Payback, which may or may not be a better option depending on the rest of your team to combat other Croagunk.</p>

<p>Good teammates are Pokemon who can beat Ground-types and like Fighting-types out of the way. Omanyte is an amazing teammate, as it can set up Toxic Spikes, which works well in conjunction with Fake Out and priority in general. It can set up Spikes and Stealth Rock to aid a sweep by Croagunk. Slowpoke and Croagunk make a good defensive core because of due to their great synergy. Slowpoke destroys Ground- and Flying-types (save Drifloon), while Croagunk beats everything Slowpoke fears such as Gastly and Bug-types. Mienfoo also works well with Croagunk, as it can check Zen Headbutt Scraggy and knock off Slowpoke's Eviolite so the two can hit it with Payback and U-turn.</p>
i'm a little iffy about "Psychic-type moves are extremely sporadic, and it is hard to tell if the opponent has them." because i'm not sure you're saying anything new in the second clause but hey the guy after me can worry about that right?

Ok, making the changes. Sorry for making so many silly mistakes like calling the move Vacuum, don't know why I did this...

Also I agree about the Psychic-type moves thing, I'll fix it.

Thanks for the check!

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add
Remove
Comments

[SET]
name: Eviolite
move 1: Drain Punch

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With extremely useful typing, access to Drain Punch, and a ton of useful priority moves, Croagunk is quite possibly the best bulky attacker in Little Cup. With a healthy balance in both offense and defense due to Eviolite, Croagunk is an excellent pivot, being able to switch in to a good chunk of the metagame and check it unharmed. Eviolite Croagunk is also very diverse, as it can play the role of a revenge killer and stallbreaker exceptionally well. Not only is Croagunk an excellent bulky attacker, but it is quite famous for one trait: the ability to counter Scraggy. The Toxic Mouth Pokemon's unique typing makes it the only one in Little Cup to resist both of Scraggy's STAB attacks, allow it to switch in freely to any of Scraggy's moves (except the extremely rare Zen Headbutt) and KO Scraggy without losing much HP at all. Croagunk has the ability to defeat common walls such as Lileep and Ferroseed whilst they are unable to retaliate. Its typing also allows it to absorb Toxic Spikes, which makes it great on stall teams. Working well with Slowpoke and Mienfoo means the three make an excellent stall core.</p>

<p>Croagunk has more advantages that make it a great holder of Eviolite. Good base stat distribution allows Croagunk to use its EVs very well; it is able to max out its Attack, raise its defenses an appreciated amount, and increase its HP and Speed stats. Drain Punch is another plus for Croagunk, slightly making up for its lack of reliable recovery. Unfortunately, Drain Punch is illegal with many of Croagunk's useful moves such as Knock Off.</p>

<p>It's not all great for Croagunk, however. It loses to every Ground-type Pokemon in Little Cup save Sandile. Scarfed Flying-types such as Taillow and Doduo can play mind games with it, as it is hard to tell whether the opponent will use Brave Bird or predict a switch. Croagunk also faces a 4x Psychic weakness; Psychic-type moves are extremely sporadic. Pokemon such as Slowpoke, Scraggy, and Gastly might have be hiding Zen Headbutt or Psychic, so Croagunk has to be extremely careful.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The given item, nature, and EVs leave Croagunk with 16 Attack, 18 Defense and Special Defense, 12 Speed, and 22 HP, a respectable balance.</p> (I'm not really sure if this is needed, and if it isn't necessary, delete it please.)

<p>While Croagunk is diverse in the roles it plays, it has very few other options that are legal with Drain Punch. If your team has a designated Gastly check, such as Stunky, Bullet Punch might be preferred over Payback, but it's not a very strong move. Another priority option to use over Payback is Vacuum Wave; Life Orb Croagunk is a better revenge killer than Eviolite Croagunk, but if you are desperate for Vacuum Wave, you may use it over Payback with a Brave nature with and an EV spread of 52 HP / 188 Atk / 116 Def / 28 SpA / 116 SpD. Croagunk has legal access to Earthquake over Payback, which may or may not be a better option depending on the rest of your team, (comma) to as it helps to combat other Croagunk.</p>

<p>Good teammates are Pokemon who that can beat Ground-types and Fighting-types out of the way annihilate Ground- and Fighting-types. Omanyte is an amazing teammate, as it can set up Toxic Spikes, which works well in conjunction with Fake Out and priority in general. It can also set up Spikes and Stealth Rock to aid a sweep by Croagunk. Slowpoke and Croagunk make a good defensive core due to their great synergy. Slowpoke destroys Ground- and Flying-types (save Drifloon), while Croagunk beats everything Slowpoke fears such as Gastly and Bug-types. Mienfoo also works well with Croagunk, as it can check Zen Headbutt Scraggy and knock off Slowpoke's Eviolite so the two can hit it with Payback and U-turn.</p>

Nice job :D

GP Approved 2/2

Changes made; thanks! This can be uploaded now.
Requesting that it's uploaded as the first set because it's more relevant than the other one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)