ToastTyrant vs. hoblaph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well well well. Toasttyrant, not a very well known figure on ASB but he's been around for awhile, and Hoblaph, who as far as I know hasn't been around for awhile so this should be an interesting battle! Speaking of battles, I guess people need to know the rules for this one.

NFE Battle
2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
0 recovers/0 chills
Arena: ASB Arena
No Items
All Abilities
Switch=lol

Woot, go double battles, they go by sooooo fast! Woooo

Btw here are the teams

Toasttyrant's team

Charmeleon(*)
Therma (F)

Nature: Mild (+1 Rank to Special Attack, -1 Rank to Defense)
Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities: Blaze
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Solar Power: (DW - LOCKED) (Innate) When in bright sunlight, this Pokemon burns solar energy and 1 HP/action to increase the Base Attack Power of all their special attacks by two (2).

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 80
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 16

EC: 6/9
MC: 2
DC: 3/5

Attacks
Scratch
Growl
Ember
Smokescreen
Dragon Rage
Scary Face
Fire Fang
Leer
Metal Claw
Rage

Sunny Day
Dig
Hidden Power Water

Counter
Dragon Pulse
Dragon Dance
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flamethrower
Heat Wave

Rebble(*)
Tourmali(U)

Nature: Modest (+1 Rank to Special Attack, -1 Rank to Attack)
Type: Rock
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Abilities: Levitate, Technician
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Bulldoze, Dig, Earthquake, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.
Technician: (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).
Mold Breaker (DW LOCKED): (Innate) Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)

Stats:

Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 90
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 2/9
MC: 0
DC: 2/5

Attacks
Tackle
Defense Curl
Rollout
Rock Blast
Disable
Acupressure
Mud Shot
Power Gem
Paleo Wave
Earth Power
Metal Sound

Flamethrower
Hidden Power Fighting 7
Shadow Ball
~~~~~~~
Heat Wave
Sandstorm

Privatyke(*)
Aquatious(M)
Nature: Brave (+1 Rank to Attack, -15% speed, 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy to the opponent's attacks directed at this pokemon)
Type: Water/Fighting
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities: Unaware
Unaware: (Innate) When this Pokemon is released, a light aura enshrouds the opponent, nullifying all stat boosts or reductions other than Speed, it remains while this Pokemon is active.
Klutz (DW): (Can be Disabled) The Pokemon moves in a rare style of battling that uses an unpredictable, clumsy looking manner. The accuracy of its attacks are increased by 10% (flat). While engaging in this style it cannot use a hold item, however an item is necessary to pull it off.

Stats
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 31 (35/1.15^) (-)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 2/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks
Bubble
Smokescreen
Yawn
Wrap
Arm Thrust

Drain Punch
Recover
Ice Punch

Waterfall
Rock Slide
Earthquake

and hoblaph's Team

Burmy [Flutter]* (Male)
Nature: Modest (+1 Special Attack, -1 Attack)

Type:
Bug: Bug STAB; Anger Powder, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Spore, Stun Spore, Roost have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 36

EC: 2/4
MC: 1
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Dust-proof: (Innate) This Pokemon has a sturdy exterior that rebuffs the elements, making it immune to damage inflicted by bad weather. (DW)

Attacks:
Protect*
Tackle*
Bug Bite*
Hidden Power [Water, 7]*
Snore*
String Shot*

Embirch [Pyro]* (Male)
Nature: Modest (+1 Special Attack, -1 Attack)

Type:
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Spe: 50

EC: 3/9
MC: 1
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Leaf Guard: (Innate) In bright sunlight the Pokemon is surrounded by a faint green glow. The glow protects it from all permanent and temporary status conditions.
Battle Armor: (Innate) This Pokemon’s thick armor prevents it from taking critical hits.
Chlorophyll: (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed. (DW)

Attacks:
Pound*
Bullet Seed*
Sweet Scent*
Growth*
Ember*
Leech Seed*
Flame Wheel*
Giga Drain*
Fire Spin*
Aromatherapy*
Dragonbreath*
Earth Power*
Sunny Day*
Incinerate*
Grass Knot*

Toast goes first, send out your mons.

To be honest I don't have much to say except thanks for everyone for being really cool and all the people on irc for being nice to me even when I was a noob, I feel right at home with you all and hopefully we can all have fun with this game for a lot longer, its been awesome to be around for like 3 months now, I've learned a lot with you guys, not just about mon's, But how Annoying MK is. God is he a bother. Or how Terrador was the first person I really enjoyed talking too on irc, and how cool it was to find a group to play dungeon's and Dragons with. Grammar nazis, as much as I don't like you, you taught me better spelling and grammar, and I'm sure my teachers love that. Ummm lets see whatelse. OH you guys introduced me into TVTropes and OotS and yeah. Um, I don't really know what a 1k post is suppose to be, and I don't want to spam an OP post so I'm just going to ramble on, about how I almost didn't join cause Kaxtar soul crushed me in the beginning and how I'm really glad I didn't quit and blah blah blah. So thanks guys. Its been a fun 3 months with you guys!

PS, Shout out to Danmantincan and everyone else of the ASB family I didn't include, Love you guys too. No Homo all that stuff.

skjfhgsfkjs, sorry, I was gonna' post sooner, but I've been doing school work all day.

Gonna' make my actions simple since I should've posted sooner.

Therma: Heat Wave->Flamethrower(Pyro)->Heat Wave

Tourmali: Heat Wave->Paleo Wave(Flutter)->Heat Wave (If Flutter uses Protect on Action 2, direct Paleo Wave towards Pyro insted).

Go Pyro and Flutter!

Pyro! Use Earth Power on Therma, then Giga Drain on Tourmali, and then another Earth Power on Therma!

Flutter use Hidden Power three times on Therma! (Its not like you can ever do much)

~hoblaph

Pre-Round 1

Toast's Team:

/

Therma / Tourmali
HP: 90 / 90
Ene: 100 / 100
Spe: 80/90
Modifiers: N/a /N/a

hoblaph's Team:
/

Flutter / Pyro
HP: 90 / 90
Ene: 100 / 100
Spe: 36 / 50
Modifiers: N/a / N/a​

Welcome, everyone, to the double battle that will be sure to burn your britches off! No, I'm serious, we have fire-pokemon ablaze here, so I hope you have your Flame-Retardant Trousers today! In the left corner, we have Therma the Charmeleon and Tourmail the Rebble! In the Right corner, we have 2 Firewoo-erm, Pyro the Embirch and Flutter the Burmy.

BATTLE BEGIN!

Tourmail and Therma start the match with a heated Double Heat Wave. Sheesh, it feels like the southwest in the arena now. Pyro seems to be persevering from the massive enslaugh of heat, but poor Flutter is struggling to keep itself from igniting. Pyro yells, then summons the powers of the Earth to hamper Therma with Seismic distress; while this is going on, Flutter prepares an Aquatic Hidden Power, I hope it's for me to drink...nah, just throws it at Therma to drench her. Next Rebble unleases a wave that smells like it's from the Paleolithic Era (That stink, btw), and it hurts Flutter and his bug half. Therma then launches a Flamethrower at Pyro, who then responds with a Giga Drain launched at Tourmail! It appears to soothe him, so he sits back and watches as Flutter attempts to drench Therma again. Come the 3rd set, Therma and Tourmail launch yet another Double Heat wave, but Therma seemed to be targetting....ME! Gahh....must...run...oh, it appears Pyro's dancing...wait, he's disrupting Therma...thanks, Pyro! Flutter probably is launching ano-owait, he's fainted.

Post-Round 1

Toast's Team:

/

Therma / Tourmali
HP: 36 / 69
Ene: 79 / 79

hoblaph's Team:
/

Flutter / Pyro
HP: KO'd / 61
Ene: KO'd / 74

Calcs:
Heat Wave (Rebble)
RNG to Hit [<=9000]: 7285 (Yes) / 6180 (Yes)
RNG to Burn [<=1000]: 6425 (No) / 1427 (No)
RNG to Crit [<=625]: 5510 (No) / 259 (Yes)
Damage: 22 Damage (Burmy) / 12 Damage (Embirch) ; -7 Energy

Heat Wave (Charmeleon)
RNG to Hit [<=9000]: 3346 (Yes) / 1779 (Yes)
RNG to Burn [<=1000]: 5973 (No) / 3921 (No)
RNG to Crit [<=625]: 8938 (No) / 9878 (No)
Damage: 27 (Burmy) / 12 (Embirch) ; -7 Energy

Earth Power (Embirch -> Charmeleon)
RNG to Drop Sp.D [<=1000]: 5827 (No)
RNG to Crit [<=625]: 7620 (No)
Damage: 16 Damage ; -7 Energy

Hidden Power (Burmy -> Charmeleon)
RNG to Crit [<=625]: 3711 (No)
Damage: 11 Damage ; -5 Energy

Paleo Wave (Rebble -> Burmy)
RNG to Drop Atk [<=2000]: 8299 (No)
RNG to Crit [<=625]: 2240 (No)
Damage: 23 Damage ; -7 Energy

Flamethrower (Charmeleon -> Embirch)
RNG to Burn [<=1000]: 3754 (No)
RNG to Crit [<=625]: 9531 (No)

Giga Drain (Embirch -> Rebble)
RNG to Crit [<=625]: 1665 (No)
Damage: 21 Damage ; -12 Energy ; Embirch Gains 11HP

RNG to Crit [<=625]: 2617 (No)
Damage: 11 Damage ; -9 Energy

Heat Wave (Rebble)
RNG to Hit [<=9000]: 2565 (Yes) / 2525 (Yes)
RNG to Burn [<=1000]: 6608 (No) / 7498 (No)
RNG to Crit [<=625]: 5424 (No) / 8777 (No)
Damage: 22 Damage (Burmy) / 12 Damage (Embirch) ; -7 Energy ; Burmy is KO'd

Heat Wave (Charmeleon)
RNG to Hit [<=9000]: 9204 (No) / 9872 (No)
RNG to Burn [<=1000]: 8819 (No) / 6907 (No)
RNG to Crit [<=625]: 2640 (No) / 5290 (No)
Damage: 0 Damage (Burmy) / 0 Damage (Embirch) ; -7 Energy

RNG to Drop Sp.D [<=1000]: 8492 (No)
RNG to Crit [<=625]: 8936 (No)

RNG to Crit [<=625]: 1754 (No)
Damage: 0 Damage (Burmy is Knocked out)

Thanks Mr L. for this.

Now let's make this fast and simple. Pyro, use Earth Power x3 on Therma.

And good work Flutter for doing your job...

~hoblaph

Tourmali, I see a hole in his plan. Let's disable that Earth Power to keep Therma safe, he he he. Then use Paleo Wave to bash on him, and follow up with ANOTHER Paleo Wave!

Therma, we want Tourmali to score the KO, so try to help it out! Summon a massive heat wave and focus it into a flamethrower for extra intensity! That combo is gonna' tire you out, so cool down for a bit. Once you calm down, if he's still alive, hit him with a flamethrower!

Tourmali: Disable Earthpower->Paleo Wave->Paleo Wave

Therma: Flamethrower+Heat Wave Combo->Cool Down->Flamethrower

Toast's Team:
Pre-Round 2

/

Therma / Tourmali
Ene: 79 / 79

hoblaph's Team:
/

Flutter / Pyro
HP: KO'd / 61
Ene: KO'd / 74

Flavor goes here!

Post-Round 2

Toast's Team:

/

Therma / Tourmali
Ene: 65 / 54

hoblaph's Team:
/

Flutter / Pyro
HP: KO'd / KO'd
Ene: KO'd / KO'd

Calcs:
Disable (Rebble -> Embirch)
-7 Energy ; Embirch's Earth Power has ben Disabled!

Earth Power (Embirch -> Therma)
Earth Power is Disabled, Embirch's move failed.

Heat Wave+Flamethrower (Charmeleon -> Embirch)
RNG to Hit [<=9500]: 5891 (Yes)
RNG to Burn [<=1000]: 1298 (No)
RNG to Burn [<=1000]: 9449 (No)
RNG to Crit [<=625]: 6907 (No)
Damage: 26 Damage ; -14 Energy

Paleo Wave (Rebble -> Embirch)
RNG to Drop Atk [<=2000]:1362 (Yes)
RNG to Crit [<=625]: 1283 (No)
Damage: 23 Damage ; -7 Energy ; Embirch's Attack Fell!

Charmeleon is Cooling Down

Earth Power is Disabled, Embirch's move failed.

Paleo Wave (Rebble -> Embirch)
RNG to Drop Atk [<=2000]: 3272 (No)
RNG to Crit [<=625]: 2998 (No)
Damage: 23 Damage ; -11 Energy ; Embirch Fainted

Flamethrower (Charmeleon -> Embirch)
RNG to Burn [<=1000]: 5473 (No)
RNG to Crit [<=625]: 2698 (No)
Damage: N/A

Embirch is a pile of ashes

Good Match you two! Congrats to Therma and Tourmani!

Now for the real reason we battled: Rewards!

ToastTyrant13: 2 TC
Therma: 1 EC / 2 MC / 1 DC
Tourmani: 1 EC / 2 MC / 1 DC / 2 KOC

Hoblaph: 2 TC
Pyro: 1 EC / 2 MC / 1 DC
Flutter: 1 EC / 2 MC / 1 DC

and I get 4 RC, I believe. If you see any errors in this, please point them out so i may fix them.

gg Toasttyrant and thanks to both Mr.L and Blazenkinmaster for reffing.

It was fun and fast, so thanks for that even though I lost. I should have noticed you had Disable! I got what I wanted though, so it was well worth it.

Hope to play you again sometime toasttyrant.

~hoblaph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)