HelpMeImprovePlease:)

Hi guys , this is my 2nd post on the RMT forum.
My previous team (as in the hidden part) is decent.
It is (i believe) at its maximum potential knowing i couldnt get legends or dreamworld ability's.
This is different now. So here i am again , posting the team that i have at this moment.

What is my goal this time:
1) One thing that bugs me is that both skarmory and jellicent are weak to electricity , this means (for me) that i cant switch between walls when there is an electricity user as my opponent. This really has been a disadvantage allready , so that is one thing i wish to change.
2) I want a defensive core (as there is now with jelli+skarmory and Ttar kinda) that can take hits and recover from it too .
3) I need atleast 1 pokemon that can succesfully sweep walls , my salamence has been doing this , i dont know if any legend would do it better then salamance does allready , if so , i'd like to see the options. I like how salamance has earthquake too tho , this has been misleading for the opponents as they expect me to switch after a draco meteor.
4) I want to keep a phazer or something like that in my team. Have considered quagsire but not sure if that would be the best option for that matter.
5) I like to have taunt to destroy batonpass teams (but then again , there is a phazer so this is more secondary)
6) I want to keep a rapid spinner an entry hazards , but only SR would be enough
7) Any suggestions can be OU with allowed dreamworld abillity's , dont suggest ubers or unreleased/illegal sets please :)
8) If this set is legal (which i'm not sure about) i would like to add it to this team to kill of opposing leads.
Mincinno @ life orb
Ability: Skill link
Nature: Jolly/adamant
Moves :
Tail Slap
Rock Blast
Seed ... (the grass version of tail slap:p)
U-Turn

9) I want a grass attack for bulky waters , a fire attack for ferrothorn and friends , a fighting attack for the obvious reasons , and ofcourse ice attacks for dragons

Anyways , those are my wishes , i'm well aware that it will be hard to impossible to fullfill them all at once. Obviously this is a sandstorm team with a twist kinda.
Thank you all in advance allready , i know you wont let me down ^^

So here goes :

This is the team .

In detail :

Tyranytar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EV set: 252 Hp , 252 Sp.Def , 6 Attack
Carefull Nature (SpDef+ , SpAtt -)
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- SuperPower
- Stealth Rock

This tyranitar is usually my lead.
He puts up stealth rocks and will either sweep a bit if possible (if there is no weatherwars to be won) or go out to scare off reuniclus/lati@s and friends.
Pursuit when i expect them to switch , crunch when i expect them to stay in. Superpower to kill off opposion tyranitars and anything that is weak to it really.
Fully specially defensive set , this makes him able to survive a focusblast from even reuniclus (if no crit).
I tried a chople berry (the one to weaker fighting) but it didnt work out really as most of the times he isnt hit with fighting but with water/bug , to take those a bit better i need leftovers.

Salamance @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EV set: 116 Attack , 216 Sp.Attack , 176 Speed
Naive Nature (Spd+ , Sp.Def - )
- EarthQuake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost

This salamance is my wallbreaker and as you can see, the only special attacker on this team. Draco meteor to kill any non-steel walls . Fire blast for ferrothorn/forretress/scizor and friends. Earthquake is very nice as people would expect me to switch after a draco meteor, but then i can earthquake and kill off most pokemons that still come in .
Roost is in the set to heal off life orb dammage but also (because of sandstorm) i can kinda stall a vaporeon to the point earthquake will kill . So thats usefull.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EV set: 252 Hp , 158 Def , 100 SpDef
Impish nature (Def+ , Sp.Atk-)
- Roost
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Skarmory is my counter to almost all physical sweepers. Phazing out all boosting ones , stalling out all normal ones. Spikes make a nice entry hazard together with stealthrock . That is very nicely , it won me several matches when the opponent didnt carry a spinner.
Shed shell to be able to switch out from magnezone . If there is no magnezone i could use leftovers but better safe then sorry :D
Changed Drill peck for brave bird as adviced by almost any1. This will deal more dammage to the conkeldurrs trying to set up on me , and can make me win a 1vs1 with excadrill.

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Stockpile
- Recover
- Scald

This will be the new special wall. Covering up all of skarmory's weaknesses completely this is the best option possible i believe. Also this set will fairly effective hurt rain teams as it can absorb their water attacks , is immune to thunder , and isnt heavy so wont take too much dammage from grass knot. Stockpile obviously to boost defenses , recover and toxic for walling/stalling , scald as stab + burn chance.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EV set: 252 Attack , 6 Hp , 252 Speed
Adamant Nature (Atk+ , SpAtk -)
- EarthQuake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

Changed Rapid spin to swords dance. This because i have only 1 SR weakness on this team , so excadrill can be used more effectivly. Swords dance set now to boost up and can actually get off an excadrill sweep. Not much more about the moves to be explained , as this is pretty much excadrills best possible set .

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

This pokemon will exchange my lucario from the old set. With Rock Pollish and Swords Dance i can boost whatever seems to be needed (according to team preview).
Close Comba and Stone edge as obvious stabs .
Maybe go with rock slide over stone edge ? not sure on that yet.

Exchanged:

Pokemon: Lucario
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Swords Dance , ExtremeSpeed , Ice punch, Close Combat
Item: Life Orb
EV set: 252 Attack, 252 Speed , 6 Hp

This is my physical boosting sweeper. He is a bit slow for my taste but manages to get alot of kills of if given the change to buff up.
ExtremeSpeed as priority , ice punch for dragons if i outspeed, close combat for anything that doesnt resist.
Life orb set to get even more dammage off.
This guy alone has given me some victory's in the past ,i like him , but i want a little faster physical sweeper.

Pokemon: Jellicent
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold
Moves: Taunt , Will-o-wisp , Scald , Recover
Item: Leftovers
EV set: 252 Hp , 144 Def , 112 Speed (Shouldnt i put some special defence on him ? )

This is my special wall if you can call it that. It takes most special hits nicely unless its weak to it. He isnt a fully specially defensive set , as he has almost same defense stat as special defense stat with this spread.
Recover for the obvious healing. Scald for stab and chance for burn BUT i'm considering changing this to a surf , why ? Because i have Will-o-Wisp to burn and sometimes i do not want to get a pokemon burned (conkeldurr and friends.) . Taunt helps to stop other walls from healing while stalling them out with burn dammage and scald.

Changes are in BOLD ^^

It might not be a bad idea to use swords dance on excadrill over rapid spin, the only reason i say so is that your team doesn't look particularly prone to getting hurt a lot by hazards (only 1 stealth rock weakness, 3 spikes immunities). Since excadrill can force a switch, that would give you a chance to boost your attack to help hurt whoever comes in more. Also it seems like you might have a bit of a problem with gyarados because excadrill's unboosted rock slide only does 75%, so if skarmory is gone and can't phaze him it could become a serious issue, especially with possible moxie boosts that could let him take on jellicent. I like your team though especially the mixmence ^^

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hi, this is a good team. Although drizzle teams are going to give you a some headache. You might have trouble with threats such as life orb Starmie which can come in and start spamming rain boosted and life orb hydro pumps which can do massive damage to this entire team. I really think that Politoed in general will be a problem for you to deal with especially the more defensive versions that pack toxic which can cripple a few members on this team. A few simple changes to easily fix this would be to swap Tyranitar to a scarf set while running a stealth rock Celebi over Lucario. At this point, Lucario is pretty much the odd man out in this team and I really feel like you could be using that slot much more wisely in order to help you check threats such as defensive Politoed while also giving you an extra water resistance.

Other than that, this team seems pretty solid. Although I would make sure to change a few ev spreads around so that you can guarantee that this team is doing the best that it can. Skarmory should really run a spread of 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe. This gives you the benefit of being able to check sandstorm sweepers much better as you have heavy investment in defense while outrunning slower choice band Tyranitar so that you can roost up before they get a stone edge off. Another option to test on Salamence is brick break over earthquake. This will allow you to 2HKO max hp / max def bold blissey which in turn can help you break down common defensive cores. Swords dance is something to try over x-scissor on Excadrill as well. It helps Excadrill function as a great multipurpose 'mon by being able to spin away hazards against most common spin blockers, revenge kill, and sweep extremely easily later in the match after Salamence has broken the opposing team. gl.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Modest 228 HP / 240 SpA / 40 Spe Natural Cure
Stealth Rock | Leaf Storm | Hidden Power [Fire] | Recover

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe Sandstream
Stone Edge | Crunch | Pursuit | Superpower

Hi thanks for the rates.

I have a few questions tho.

The Tyranitar as he is now , is to check lati@s brothers, reuniclus , alakazam , etc. If i dont have that set anymore do i still have something to resist them? If so , which pokemon can resist him then (from the current team) .

What cowfish said is true , DD gyarados has caused me some problems in the past.
Altho his waterfall is absorbed by jelli , his bounce will OHKO it , if he doesnt run bounce jelli can stall it out to say it like that. Even if taunted , he should be able to get a burn through scald , then salamance can come in with intimidate and so will be able to kill , but obviously , alot of luck involved in how i play it (when skarmory is dead ofcourse)

As for a fully defensive skarmory , is that really a good idea ?
I mean , now i can let him in on unboosted thunderbolts if he has over 250 hp left , and i kinda like that . Is the differens between 400 and 350 physical defense really that noticable?

If you try a fully defensive Skarmory you risk to be too vulnerable to thunderbolt or other special attacks. To remedy this you can choose for a fully SP def Jellicent, In this way fire/ice and electric Sp attacks (the last one type without STAB) are less dangerous but a Zapdos (for example) can hit Jelli and Skarm very well with STAB Thunder/Thunderbolt and you can't hit him for serious damages exept is Jelli carries Ice beam.

Jellicent is going to give you a bit of trouble, since only Mixmence can hope to take it down if you burn Tyranitar in the course of the game.

Next, Skarmory can't take on Excadrill one on one with Drill Peck. Brave Bird at least allows it to do some degree of acceptable damage on Excadrill instead of losing to it in a 1v1 scenario.

About the skarmory;
Wont i kinda hit myself in the head due to the recoil from bravebird? I have been advised to do that before. Excadrill doesnt have any recovery so eventually drill peck should kill it right ?

About jellicent problems. My own jelli can take on most jelli's as they almost always pack scad/surf. That means they can only heal me , and unless they have water absorb themselves , my jelli will win in the end.

I recommend using Rash on salamence, and Brick Break or Outrage over Earthquake, to damage Blissey and Tyranitar, or for another STAB move that you can use for cleaning up late game. I'd also use this over Jellicent, and helps with your Rain problem, as well as using the latter option as a replacement for lucario because you said you needed a faster physical sweeper. here are the sets:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SDef / 40 Spd
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Earth Power / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm / Giga Drain

Great Rain check
Here's lucario replacement:

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

He's a great sweeper, and a 6-0 machine. after Salamence destroys his counters, he has an easy sweep ahead of him, as long as Azumarril/Scizor/Conkeldurr has been beaten

Good luck

If you can take care of magnezone by prediction or killing it beforehand, leftovers is a superb item for Skarmory, not only does it reduce the recoil damage from Brave Bird, it makes it even more of an excellent defensive wall and with Roost to complete its recovery.

If you can take care of magnezone by prediction or killing it beforehand, leftovers is a superb item for Skarmory, not only does it reduce the recoil damage from Brave Bird, it makes it even more of an excellent defensive wall and with Roost to complete its recovery.
Magnezone + Haxorus teams will wreck this team (like all teams) if Skarmory doesn't have shed shell. you're better off sticking with that

hmmm, you are deff going to get raped by things like Politoed and Starmi, so i would try out a Gastrodon works really well in Sand and in rain, after 1+ Stockpile you are pretty much set to Toxic stall. Use this set:

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
- Toxic
- Stockpile
- Recover
- Boil Over

Thanks for the rates guys.
About the terrakion. Do i have to use swordsdance + rock polish or do i have to judge looking from team previeuw wich of both will be most important in that match ?
As for celebi as replacement for jellicent , that gets rid of the shared electricity weakness from jelli+skarmory , but it create a shared fire weakness , so is there maybe another alternative ?
The gastrodon advised by majestic would that be a good add ? (what does the move boil over do actually? or did you mean scald?)

Thanks for the rates guys.
About the terrakion. Do i have to use swordsdance + rock polish or do i have to judge looking from team previeuw wich of both will be most important in that match ?
As for celebi as replacement for jellicent , that gets rid of the shared electricity weakness from jelli+skarmory , but it create a shared fire weakness , so is there maybe another alternative ?
The gastrodon advised by majestic would that be a good add ? (what does the move boil over do actually? or did you mean scald?)
yeah use Terrakion according to team preview. Ttar and mence cover the fire weakness, but you could use Gastrodon if you want to. Boil over is Scald's japanese name

I support swapping out Jellicent for Gastrodon. You definitely don't need the spinblocking because you only have Rocks to set up, and your Tyranitar should be kept alive anyway. Gastrodon gives you an answer to things like Specs Politoed's Rain Dance boosted Hydro Pump.

I like the gastrodon + skarmory idea , defenatly because their weaknesses are limited and they fill up eachother to call it that. Gonna test that out defenatly.

Somewhere this evening i'll update first post. Dont have enough time at this moment.

One more question :
The Excadrill , should it keep rapid spin or get swords dance?
For this exact team , what would be best? Stealthrocks are dangerous for my mence so i think i do need it, unless there is an alternative to mence?

And another question :
The mincinno set i put in the 'wishlist' to call it that, can it be fitted on this team or would i not benefit at all from it ?

Your team with a Gastrodon + Skarmory defensive core won't be having too many problems with Stealth Rock or Spikes, so Rapid Spin isn't essential, persay. You could also bluff a Rapid Spin Excadrill and maybe get a free turn to Swords Dance if your opponent switches to their spinblocker.

Still, it's up to you, dependant of how important it is based on your playstyle that Rocks and Spikes are absent from the field. Excadrill doesn't really enjoy constantly switching in on Spikes though, especially LO variants.

Well , only salamance doesnt like the stealth rock.
Would changing salamence to a hydreigon with a set that is comparable t salamence work ? Then i got rid of the SR weakness completely.

Ok changes are made .
Got another question .
Would changing the stealth rock from tyranitar for stone edge/earthquake be smart ?
(ofcourse then skarmory would have stealth rock instead of spikes)

Your call mate. Hydreigon's Fighting weakness and base 98 Speed will probably hurt it more in a long run.

Also, I didn't notice your Skarmory had Spikes. Get rid of those, try a Choice Band Tyranitar or Specially Defensive Tyranitar instead and put Stealth Rocks on Skarmory. Doesn't seem as though Rock is overly important for your team, so you don't need to get Rocks up right off the bat.

You might wanna try Salamence as your lead over Tyranitar, in that case.

This is in a rush because I'm about to go home, so I'll go re-evaluate my rate later.

So basically , salamance > hydreigon in the wallbreaking role.
Ttar is allready specially defensive to counter lati@s and so on , but now that there is a gastrodon , is that still needed ? If not i'll try a CB tyranitar (will be 252 attack , 252speed and jolly ? )

3x spikes + stealth rock has helped me in the past but i only got it off in lets say 3/50 fights so guess i shouldnt count on that.

Special defensive skarm is a must with thunderus running rampant
I think gastrodon kinda completely takes care of a thundurus with a specially offensive set. His thunder is resisted , if he has HP fire , its cut by 4 i believe (ground resist fire or not? 0.0) . Only hope is that he doesnt carry hp grass or something in the likes of that.

Ground does not resist fire and Gastrodon is immune to Thunder.

Thundurus generally carries HP Ice over Grass, although I do prefer my Thundurus to have HP Grass on a rain team.

Ground does not resist fire and Gastrodon is immune to Thunder.

Thundurus generally carries HP Ice over Grass, although I do prefer my Thundurus to have HP Grass on a rain team.
Yesterday you said you lacked time for a full rate :P
Still waiting on it now hehe ^^ Thanks in advance tho :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)