Rickheg vs. SS in Unown Soup

Rules and Such

2v2 Simultaneous Singles
Ok, the format is two single battles taking place at the same time in the same arena. However, pokemon are paired into 1v1s and can only attack the pokemon they are matched up against. Weather, trick room, and stuff like that affect the entire field.
1 Day DQ for everyone because I've been having bad experiences with 2 Day DQ lately, and I need to get my gym team ready by the deadline.
Acceptor chooses the arena (not ASB arena), but I want to say items off.
Yeah, I'll take this. I've got Middle mons to spare. For arena; Unown Soup. If one battle uses a letter, the other can't (Kirlia uses M, Combusken can't use M)

Just foreveryone at home, here's the arena

The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicious broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.

Ok so that wasn't the most cluttery thing in the world. Lets just show off the teams and get this party started. Also, because The acceptor didn't list anything that he was suppose to. I'm going to. No items, No abilities, No switching. Have fun :)

Rickheg

Golett (Megazord)
Nature: Adamant (Adds 1 to Attack; Subtracts 1 from Special Attack)

Type: Ghost/Ground
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:
Iron Fist: (Innate) The Base Attack Power of this Pokemon’s “Punch” attacks is increased by two (2). (Known attacks effected: Bullet Punch, Comet Punch, Dizzy Punch, Drain Punch, Dynamicpunch, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Hammer Arm, Ice Punch, Mach Punch, Mega Punch, Meteor Mash, Shadow Punch, Sky Uppercut, Thunderpunch)

Klutz: (Can be Disabled) The Pokemon moves in a rare style of battling that uses an unpredictable, clumsy looking manner. The accuracy of its attacks are increased by 10% (flat). While engaging in this style it cannot use a hold item, however an item is necessary to pull it off.

No Guard: (Innate) (DW Locked) This Pokemon has an immense confidence from perfecting each of its attacks, giving them all perfect accuracy. As a result, it feels it can weather every strike, and will not dodge an attack even if ordered to. Only when an OHKO move is issued by the opponent does sense return, and the Pokemon acts normally. Additionally, even with their extra skill, the power and exhaustion involved in using OHKO moves prevents them from being benefited by No Guard; they will have their normal accuracy.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 4(+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1(-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 35
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 5/6
MC: 4
DC: 4/5

Attacks:
Pound
Astonish
Defense Curl
Mud Slap
Roll Out
Shadow Punch
Iron Defense
Mega Punch
Magnitude
Earthquake
Night Shade
Focus Punch

Substitute
Rock Slide
Toxic

Total Moves: 15

Luxio (Sphinx) M
Nature: Mild (Adds 1 to Special Attack; Subtracts 1 from Defense)

Type: Electric
Electric: STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.

Abilities:
Rivalry: (Innate)
This Pokemon has a primal response to competition and mating, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attacks an opponent of the same gender in the same Egg Group, and decreasing the power of all its attacks by two (2) when it faces an opponent of the opposite gender in the same Egg Group.

Intimidate: (Can Be Activated) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing thier Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again as an Action, and will affect all opponents.

Guts: (DW) (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1(-)
SpA: Rank 3(+)
Spe: 60
Weight Class: 3
Base Stat Total: 14

EC: 5/9
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Leer
Charge
Bite
Roar
Swagger
Crunch
Wild Charge

Ice Fang
Signal Beam
Fire Fang

Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Hidden Power Water (7)
Protect

Total Moves: 15

ShinySkarmory

Kirlia(*) [Mentalist] M
Nature: Docile

Types: Psychic
Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Trace: (Can be Activated) This Pokemon can copy an ability of the opponent and replace for 6 actions. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Telepathy: (Innate) (DW) (Locked) This Pokemon has a mental link with its allies in multiple allies, allowing it to avoid taking damage from attacks that affect the whole field like Earthquake and Surf.

Stats
Atk: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 50
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2

Counters:
EC: 6/9
MC: 4
DC: 4/5

Moves

Level Up
Growl (*)
Confusion (*)
Double Team (*)
Teleport (*)
Lucky Chant (*)
Magical Leaf (*)
Heal Pulse (*)
Calm Mind (*)
Hypnosis
Dream Eater

Egg Moves
Will-o-Wisp (*)
Destiny Bond (*)
Confuse Ray (*)

TMs
Thunderbolt (*)
Psychic (*)
Thunder Wave (*)
Trick Room

Combusken(*) [Fawkes] M
Nature:Hasty (+1 Speed, -1 Sp. Def)

Type: Fire/Fighting
Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Speed Boost: (Innate) (DW) (Locked) Pokemon with this ability increase their speed as the battle progresses, boosting it one (1) stage at the end of each round at the cost of 2% of their energy. This overrides the normal drop in stats that ocurs at the end of each round (stats other than Speed are still affected).

Stats
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 55*1.15=63.25=63
Accuracy Boost=9%
Weight Class: 2

EC: 4/9
MC: 0
DC: 3/5

Moves

Level Up
Scratch (*)
Growl (*)
Focus Energy (*)
Ember (*)
Peck (*)
Double Kick (*)
Sand Attack (*)
Flare Blitz
Sky Uppercut

Egg Moves
Reversal (*)
Feint (*)
Night Slash (*)

TM Moves
Fire Blast (*)
Aerial Ace (*)
Sunny Day (*)
Dig
Overheat

Has 5 Middle-stage mons. Brings 1 to a doubles. Also forgets to specify anything. Fuck yeah.

Anyway, I guess I would technically send out first, since I picked arena, and shinyskarmory would order first. In the interest of keeping both match-ups relatively fair, how about Luxio v Kirlia, and Golett v Combusken?

REMOTELY FAIR?

THAT'S NOT FAIR AT ALL!!!!!!

needs final evolutions more than wins

Kirlia, start with Lucky Chant to protect you and Combusken from hax. Then, use Will-o-Wisp. Finish with Psychic. If he protects on action 2 or 3, use that action to grab Unown T and use Tail Glow.

Combusken, start by using Unown M to use Magnet Rise. Then, use Sunny Day to buff your fire attacks. Finish with Fire Blast. If he tries to use Earthquake on the second or third actions and Magnet Rise is not still in effect, shoot a Fire Blast at the ground to launch you high into the air, dodging the earthquake, and then use Night Slash as you're falling back to the ground.

Alright, let's play this game.

Sphinx, you're faster, so use Unown T (Taunt) Kirlia. That'll prevent his first two actions from working. With your free turn, attack with Signal Beam. Finish up with Hidden Power Water

Megazord, we're going to use your slower speed to our advantage. Start by creating a 15 HP Substitute, to protect yourself. When Combusken makes it sunny, grab Unown R (Rain Dance) to lower fire's power, and boost Sphinx's HP next action. Finish with a Focus Punch.

I'm going to do each battle in Seperate posts if thats ok with you guys. First up is Luxio vs. Kirlia! Don't worry I'll remember that stuff that happens in this battle effects the other.

Flavor:

Unown soup, an arena that has been getting a lot of hype recently and many a battle has been battled here. Today, I as a ref, ref my first battle in this fine arena. We have a different type of battle here today, where its a 2v2 doubles basically, but each pokemon only battles one other pokemon. So we'll see how this goes! First battle we'll be talking about is Luxio vs. Kirlia, it looks like both trainers are ready to begin the battle as well so lets take a look!

Luxio, the faster of the two pokemon starts off the match by pulling the 'T' Unown out of the bowl of soup and uses it to Taunt Kirlia, which is really going to hurt Kirlia in the long run, apperently it's being made fun of because it's green, what a racist Luxio. Anyways, Kirlia attempts to use Lucky Chant, but due to its rage from being called green. The move fails. Next Luxio goes on the attack with a Signal beam, which is Super Effective against Kirlia, who attempts to use Will-o-wisp, but the move once again, fails so it gets frustrated and struggles, dealing damage to both itself and Luxio, poor choice indeed.. Looks like Kirlia isn't able to catch a break here. Luxio finishes up with a Hidden Power(Water) which gets a boost from its partner Golett's Rain Dance, what a great display of team work from Rickheg! Kirlia actually manages to get it's act together and pick Luxio up with Psychic and throws him against a wall blocking off the arena! Wow that looks like it had to hurt, it was a Critical hit! What a great way to end the round off for Kirlia!

HP: 77
Energy:79

vs.

HP: 61
Energy:90

Luxio used Taunt
-10 energy

Kirlia used Lucky Chant
Failed

Luxio used Signal Beam
14 damage, 6 energy

Kirlia used Struggle
7 damage, 3 recoil, 5 energy

Luxio used HP Water
12 damage, 5 energy

Kirlia used Psychic
16 damage, 5 energy

Now for Combusken vs. Golett

Flavor:

After watching Luxio vs. Kirlia, I sure hope that Shiny Skarmory can figure something out against Rickheg, who seems to have better teamwork with his pokemon! Well Combusken starts our match off this time. He starts off by picking up Unown M to use Magnet Rise, protecting him from Ground type moves for a little while, while Golett uses Substitute(15hp) to protect himself from whatever Combusken is plotting to do next. Which seems to be making it a lot brighter outside, its almost hurting my eyes because of how much of a Sunny day it is now. Ouch! But this soon changes as Golett picks up Unown R and uses Rain Dance, now we're back to a dour, rainstorm, kind of cruddy if you ask me. A Fire Blast gets sent straight towards Golett's substitute but it seems to be still standing! That rain must have really weakened that Fire Blast. Golett has more luck connecting with a Focus Punch that he must have been charging up from behind his substitute.

Combusken(Needs Sprite)
HP: 72
Energy:77
Speed: 63

vs.

HP: 75
Energy:69
Substitute(1hp)

Combusken used Magnet Rise
-6 energy

Golett used Substitute
-12 energy

Combusken used Sunny Day
-10 energy

Golett used Rain Dance
-10 energy

Combusken used Fire Blast
-7 energy, 14 damage

Golett used Focus Punch
18 damage, 9 energy

Well, this first round went well. I suspect shinyskarmory will catch up this round, however. We need to be careful, team.

Megazord, you still have a sub, so use Unown G (Gravity) to negate the effect of Magnet Rise. Then use Earthquake. Don't worry about Sphinx, he'll be fine. Then, use Rock Slide. If I understand the stipulations, those two moves will hit both of them.
If Unown G is not available, use Unown S (Smack Down) instead.

Sphinx, start by grabbing Unown B (Bug Bite), we need to be more creative, then use Protect to prevent major backlash, and then finish up with Crunch.
If Unown B is not available, use Unown F (Fusion Bolt) instead.

Combusken, start by taking Unown D and using Dark Void. Then, use Night Slash. Finish with Sunny Day.

Kirlia, grab Unown S and use Soak, changing him into a Water Type! Then, take advantage of his weakness by powering into him with a Thunder Wave+Thunderbolt combo!

EDIT: I could have sworn he was using something other than protect in that slot...

Hmmmm I think Luxio and Kirlia just got interesting. Lets head on over and watch them battle the round out!

Flavor:
Luxio begins the round by running up to the bowl of soup and picking up Unown B, turning it into Bug Bite! The attack is once again super effective on Kirlia, while Kirlia seems to be picking up an Unown of her own. Unown S! Soak! The intense blast of water seems to have Changed Luxio's typing to water! Uh-Oh this could mean bad news for Luxio, and he must know it! Summoning a protective barrier to defend it for the round. Which apperently he was right to do so. A Thunderbolt+Thunder Wave combo comes flying across the field and smacks right into the protect. Doing nothing but drain Kirlia's energy. What a stupid move on ShinySkarmory's part! While kirlia is recovering from the combo, Luxio takes a huge crunch at her, dealing really good damage. Uh oh. Kirlia is once again in trouble.

HP: 60
Energy:56

vs.

HP: 17
Energy:61

Due to Combusken's sleep Luxio is asleep for actions 1 and 2

Kirlia used Soak
- 8 energy

Kirlia used ThunderWave+Thunderbolt
17 damage, 21 energy

Luxio used Crunch
14 damage, 6 energy

Luxio receives 30 damage

While this will likely come bact to haunt me, I have to ask if you remembered to do a roll for Combusken's Dark Void, because, while certainly possible, I doubt it would miss with 89% accuracy (it does target both opponents), and that would certainly affect this round.

I know, I got busy after I posted up the first battle I'll have to second one up today if everything goes as planned though I'm swamped with homework. My apologizes for the dark void thing, I forgot for a moment in my rushy haste to check on Dark Void, which does indeed hit. Ignore flavor for that round, as it is wrong.

Time for an uninteresting flavorless post due to lateness and busyness. My Apologizes good fellows.

Combusken
HP: 45
Energy:52

vs.

HP: 75
Energy:45
Substitute(1hp)

Action 1

Combusken used Dark Void
-
10 energy, Luxio asleep for 2 turns

Golett used Gravity
-10 energy

Combusken used Night Slash
13 damage, 5 energy

Golett used Earthquake
15 damage(Combusken), 16 damage(Luxio), -7 energy

Combusken used Sunny Day
-10 energy

Golett used Rock Slide
12 damage(Combusken), 14 damage(Luxio), - 7 energy

I think that if Dark Void put Luxio to sleep, it wouldn't have been able to Protect on Action 2, which means the combo would have hit...

Oh.. woops, got Kirlia and Luxio's trainers mixed up..

Um, right now I'm kind of busy trying to do homeowork and stuff. but tomorrow I'll get everything sorted out.

Uh, I think I broke Golett's substitute.....and Luxio

Combusken, now that we have Sunny Day on our side, V-Create+Flare Blitz COMBO (using Unown V)->cooldown->Night Slash

Kirlia, you're getting the shit beaten out of you right now. If Luxio is still Water-type, use a Leaf Storm+Magical Leaf COMBO (using Unown L)->probably dies during cooldown->Psychic.

If Luxio is NOT still water type, use Psycho Boost+Psychic COMBO (using Unown P)->probably die during cooldown->Psychic.

Sorry, I know I'm late with these orders. Anyway...

Sphinx, use Unown V (Volt Tackle), then follow up with a Crunch, and then Thunder Fang if need be.

Megazord, take Unown L (Lava Plume), then use Focus Punch and finish up with Shadow Punch.
If Kirlia will use Unown P first action, use Unown P (Psycho Cut) instead.

To finish the battle, Luxio swiftly grabbed an Unown V and charged into a Volt Tackle. With electricity radiating everywhere, Ralts fainted from the impact, leaving Luxio the winner!

HP: 54
Energy: 48

vs.

HP: 0
Energy:61

Luxio used Volt Tackle! Ralts fainted! (-17 HP, -8 energy, 6 recoil)

Rewards:

Luxio: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 KOc
Kirlia: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC

--------------------------

Combusken
HP: 0
Energy: 18

vs.

HP: 27
Energy: 26

Golett used Lava Plume! (-5 HP, -6 energy)
Combusken used V-create + Flare Blitz! (-35 HP, -29 energy, 12 recoil)

Golett used Focus Punch! (-20 HP, -10 energy)
Combusken rested!

Combusken used Night Slash! (-13 HP, -5 energy)
Golett used Shadow Punch! (-8 HP, -3 energy) Combusken fainted!

Rewards:

Combusken: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC
Golett: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KOc
Trainers: 2 TC
Fire Blast: 4 RC

You comboed two 0 priority moves. Thus, the combo had -2 priority, whereas my moves had 0 priority. That's exactly why I used the Unowns you did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)