C$FP vs. shinyskarmory: 1v1 In Unown Soup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicious broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.

What a miserable place, this is. All this arena consists of is a plain, clear platform surrounded by a soup-like lake with a sky that looks surreally dark. It's almost as if this were some strange pocket dimension formed specifically for battlers.

Which brings up the question of why I'm here...

I guess it started a day ago when I looked on the bulletin board at the town forum and saw two notes, one seemingly in response to another.

C$FP said:
1v1 NFE in Unown Soup, no recoveries/chills, 1 day DQ
shinyskarmory said:
^^CHALLENGE ACCEPTED
no items
all abilities
404 switch error
I obtained directions to where the arena would be from a local barkeep. The next morning, I left the manor (silently, as to not wake Lenneth) and followed the instruccions to a tee. Somehow, I ended up lost in the forest on the outskirts of town, and then... I woke up here. At the very least I have some form of companion with me.

"Taikai, come on out!"

The Wingull escapes from its Poke Ball and squawks loudly. Using its Keen Eye, it observes the trainers approaching from opposite ends of the arena, seemingly appearing from nowhere...

"Sqawrk!"

Taikai warns me of what I already see, the two trainers heading towards each other. I assume that they were the two posters in the forum and, thus, came here for a Pokemon battle.

One trainer was extremely confident and seemed to have an obsession with Steel-types. Surprisingly, he brought this Pokemon:

Axew [Axew] (Male)
Nature: Adamant (+ to Attack; - from Special Attack)
Type: Dragon
Dragon: Dragon STAB; more in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Thrash without losing focus.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Rivalry
Type: Innate
This Pokemon has a primal response to competition and mating, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attacks an opponent of the same gender in the same Egg Group, and decreasing the power of all its attacks by two (2) when it faces an opponent of the opposite gender in the same Egg Group (Monster/Ground are used for Nidorina/Nidoqueen).

Ability 2: Mold Breaker
Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)

Ability 3 (DW): Unnerve
The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 57
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Scratch
Leer
Assurance
Dragon Rage
Dual Chop
Scary Face
Slash
False Swipe

Counter
Endure
Night Slash

Roar
Dig
X-Scissor

Moves: 14

The other seemed less confident than the first and carried in tow his own Pokemon:

Scratchet [Pontiac] (M)
Type: Normal/Fighting
Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.
Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Scrappy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s Normal and Fighting attacks carry a special signature that can damage Ghosts, even if they have phased out.
Prankster: (Innate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.
Vital Spirit (DW): (Innate) (Locked) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 40
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0

Moves (11)

Level Up
Fury Swipes
Harden
Focus Energy
Rock Smash
Roar

Egg Moves
Baton Pass
Roost
Stealth Rock

TMs
Focus Blast
Grass Knot
Retaliate

Total Moves: 11

I shout to the trainers and get their attention.

"If what I know about this place is true, we can only leave once your battle is finished. I'll be your referee, but be swift with this battle. I'd prefer to leave this unsettling place as soon as possible."

In hindsight, I should have just woken up Lenneth and had her come along. This may take awhile...

C$FP orders first

"This looks like it will be a nice and boring NFE match."

Close Combat (Unown C), Dig, Dual Chop

Axew [Axew] (Male)
Hp: 90
Energy: 100%
Other: none

V.S.

Scratchet [Pontiac] (M)
Hp: 90
Energy: 100%

It seems these pokemon are both new and weak. Hopefully, this will mean a simple battle.

Oh dear, nevermind.

The battle starts with Pontiac reaching into the lake and grabbing an F-shaped Unown. The scrathet shakes the Unown, forcing it to use its alphabetical powers to conjure a Fake Out. This attack prevents Axew from grabbing its own Unown slave.

I honestly didn't expect that; especially considering Unowns are unable to use that attack on their own, normally...

Pontiac again moves first, using his mischievious tendencies to get the upper hand. This time, he Focuses his Energy to increase his chance at a critical hit.
Meanwhile, Axew uses his horn as a shovel and Digs underground. Shortly afterwards, he pops up from underneath Pontiac and strikes him.

Axew finally has the speed advantage on Pontiac and is ordered to use Dual Chop his feathered foe.
Scratched but undaunted, the Scratchet meditates, then launches a Focus Blast at Axew. The massive energy sphere knocks Axew far away from Pontiac.

"Ok you two, that's round's end! Let's examine the combatants."

Axew [Axew] (Male)
Hp: 67
Energy: 85%

V.S.

Scratchet [Pontiac] (M)
Hp: 65
Energy: 86%
Other: +1 CH rate (4 actions)

Pontiac (Hp):
Dig 11 damage
Dual Chop 14 damage

Energy:
Fake Out 3 energy
Focus Energy 4 energy
Focus Blast 7 energy

Axew (Hp):
Fake Out 9 damage
Focus Blast 14 damage

Energy:
Dig 10 energy
Dual Chop 5 energy

"It seems that shinyskarmory is up first!"

EDIT: slight calc error; Pontiac lost 2 more Hp than pre-edit

"Alrighty, this should knock it out of that Outage before any trouble comes."

Sky Attack (Unown S), Dig, Dual Chop

EDIT: Woops, I thought I double-checked that...

Axew [Axew] (Male)
Hp: 67
Energy: 85%

V.S.

Scratchet [Pontiac] (M)
Hp: 65
Energy: 86%
Other: +1 CH rate

The battle starts with Axew grabbing an S-shaped Unown from the soupy lake. The pokemon calls its companions from the broth and spell in the air: SKY ATTACK. The Axew is then suffused with the alphabetical Pokemon's power and begins glowing harshly.
Pontiac, on the other hand, grabs an O-shaped Unown and gains a great berserker-like power. This Outrage basically levels Axew while he's charging his attack. Finally, the glows from Axew fades a bit as the light shifts from the little dragon and soars at his feathered foe. Despite Axew's efforts, the Outrage did not stop due to Pontiac's Normal typing.

That was almost painful to watch. I want to go home and hug Mirri after seeing that Scratchet abuse...

Axew Digs back underground to avoid Pontiac's incoming Outrage and pops back up underneath the angered Scratchet for decent damage.

Axew strikes Pontiac with a Dual Chop attack that hits the Scratchet twice with Axew's fangs.
The little tiger cub still manages to Outrage on, this time actually hitting its target. In fact,this strike seemed to strike the Axew critically.
This power comes at a price, though. Pontiac ends up Severely Confused.

"Quite the bittersweet tides in that round, eh Taikai?"

"SQUAARK!"

Axew [Axew] (Male)
Hp: 26
Energy: 60%

V.S.

Scratchet [Pontiac] (M)
Hp: 14
Energy: 62%
Other: +1 CH rate (1 action)

Pontiac (Hp):
Sky Attack 26 damage
Dig 11 damage
Dual Chop 14 damage

Energy:
Outrage 8 energy
Outrage 8 energy
Outrage 8 energy

Axew (Hp):
Outrage 18 damage
Outrage 23 damage

Energy:
Sky Attack 10 energy
Dig 10 energy
Dual Chop 5 energy

"Ok enough rabble, trainers. C$FP orders first!"

Pontiac, it'll be rough, but you can take a Draco Meteor from rank 1 special attack. Finish strong!

Focus Blast->Earthquake (Unown E)->Focus Blast

Axew [Axew] (Male)
Hp: 26
Energy: 60%

V.S.

Scratchet [Pontiac] (M)
Hp: 14
Energy: 62%
Other: +1 CH rate (1 action)

Hmm, it seems the Scratchet's trainer made a fatal mistake...

The Axew's Draco Meteor strikes Pontiac and cleanly KO's him.

Draco Meteor [14 BAP+3 STAB-3 Stat difference=14 damage]

"Pontiac is unable to battle. C$FP is the winner!"

Immediately after Laharl's decree, the arena began to tremble and a bright light enveloped the trainers and Pokemon.

"What is thi-?!"

Laharl momentarily loses himself and wakes up in the forest clearing that he had previously traveled to. The early morning sun indicates their return was only moments afterwards.

"That.. was strange."

"Squaark!"

Prizes:
C$FP and shinyskarmory get 2 TC

Pontiac gets 1 EC, 1 MC and 1 DC

Axew gets 1 EC, 1 MC, 1 DC and 1 KOC

I get 2 measly RT

Oh yeha, I forgot to say GG. GG! This was my first time playing in the soup, so this was pretty cool. Thanks for reffing, Temp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)