Can a little bug really beat a genetic Pokemon? Lets see!Icebug VS Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and Gentlemen I bring you...

IceBug!:

IceBug said:

Caltrops Pineco (M)
Nature: Brave (+1 Atk, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Type: Bug
Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 13 (15/1.15)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 2/6
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Sturdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
Overcoat: (DW) (Innate) This Pokemon has a sturdy exterior that rebuffs the elements, making it immune to damage inflicted by bad weather. If the Pokemon is already immune to at least one (1) kind of weather by typing or a different ability, Overcoat reduces the Base Attack Power of all oncoming attacks by one (1).

Attacks (16):

Tackle
Protect
Selfdestruct
Bug Bite
Take Down
Rapid Spin
Bide
Natural Gift
Gyro Ball

Endure
Stealth Rock
Counter

Light Screen
Reflect
Rock Slide
Earthquake
[HIDE/]

Phendrana Scylar (F)
Nature: Hasty (+15% Speed, +30% Accuracy, -1 Def)

Type: Ice/Bug
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.
Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 105 (91*1.15)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 1/6
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Compoundeyes: (Innate) This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.
Mountaineer: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to scaling and avoiding rocks. It can avoid damage from Stealth Rock when it switches in, and one Rock-type attack per round.
Technician (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for mutli-hit attacks is increased by two (2).

Attacks (17):

Leer
Leech Life
Scratch
Focus Energy
Ice Shard
Slash
Icy Wind
Bug Bite
Icicle Spear
Bug Buzz
Sheer Cold

Counter
Earth Power
Superpower

Hone Claws
Taunt
Ice Beam

Thanks for reffing, if you could PM the link for the battle when you post it, that'd be excellent.
ANNNNNNNNNND.....

Mewtwo15026!!!:

mewtwo15026 said:

Flarelm(*) Balsamus (F)
Nature: Lonely (Attack increased by *; Defense reduced by *)

So there's a cactus in the Sky Pillar's lounge. Mewtwo spilled some caustic reagents on it, and in his resulting rage, Rayquaza set it aflame.

...I realize the science behind that sounds rather sketchy, but it's produced one of the strongest (and most BA) members of the team.

As a result of her time as a cactus, Balsamus is under-hugged and lonely. That's fine by her, though--she's usually able to take care of herself. Just keep her away from chemicals. She tends to get a little...scary...

Type: Fire/Grass
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.
Grass: Grass STAB; immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: 3 (nature boost)
Def: 2 (nature cut)
SpA: 3
SpD: 3
Spe: 55
Size: 2
Weight: 3
BST: 16

EC: 5/9
MC: 2
DC: 5/5

Abilities:
Leaf Guard: (Innate) In bright sunlight the Pokemon is surrounded by a faint green glow. The glow protects it from all permanent and temporary status conditions.
Battle Armor: (Innate) This Pokemon’s thick armor prevents it from taking critical hits.
Chlorophyll (DW - OPEN): (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Attacks: 12 + 3 + 4
(*)Bullet Seed
(*)Sweet Scent
(*)Growth
(*)Ember
(*)Leech Seed
(*)Flame Wheel
(*)Giga Drain
(*)Fire Spin
(*)Pound
Leaf Blade
Lava Plume
Synthesis

(*)Counter
(*)Dragonbreath
(*)Seed Bomb

(*)SolarBeam
(*)Reflect
(*)Nitro Charge
Sunny Day

Pikachu Gesundheit (F)
Nature: Naughty (Attack up by *, Sp. Def. down by *.)

Pikachu is destined to lead Team VioletEye alongside Mewtwo. She'll be able to quell any argument, soothe any ill tempers, and work out any obstacle to a mission, no matter what the pressure.

She just doesn't know it yet.

Pikachu's evolution has left her with a newfound energy and excitability. Her expanded electrical prowess has led her to prefer blasting foes into oblivion. However, she has the cuteness -- and now, a mind -- for battle strategy, and an interest in espionage to boot.

Type: Electric
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.

Stats:

Atk: 3 (+)
Def: 2
SpA: 2
SpD: 1 (-)
Spe: 90
Size: 1
Weight: 1
BST: 13

EC: 5/9
DC: 4/5

Abilities:
Static: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this Pokemon.
Lightningrod (DW): (Innate) These Pokemon naturally attract electricity to themselves and away from partners in double battles. When struck with an Electric attack, they transfer the energy into their body, using it to increase their Special Attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Attacks: (11+4+3)
Thundershock(*)
Charm(*)
Tail Whip(*)
Thunder Wave(*)
Sweet Kiss(*)
Nasty Plot(*)
Quick Attack
Swift
Electro Ball
Double Team
Slam

Volt Tackle(*)
Wish(*)
Encore(*)
Surf

Hidden Power Ice, 7 Power (*)
Grass Knot(*)
Volt Change(*)
Lets get this battle at the Happyland started!

Since IceBug accecpted the cahllenge he'll go first.

Mewtwo sends his guy out
IceBug sends out his guy
IceBug issues actions
Mewtwo issues actions
I Ref
Good Luck!
(sorry bout the long post)

We'll start with Caltrops the Pineco today, despite my forgetting to Prize Claim the requisite number of Spike-esque moves that would have made this fun. Caltrops has my Exp. Share, so there's that, too. Good luck to all parties.

I shall lead with Gesundheit, my Pikachu. Acknowledge your opponent, Gesundheit.

All right, then. Let's see what you can do with a cuddly Charm. Next, go for an enthusiastic Encore, then give it a Sweet Kiss to stun it a little!

Charm ~ Encore ~ Sweet Kiss

Well, I guess, if he REALLY wants us to attack...

Earthquake - Light Screen - Rapid Spin

Variety in actions, such a beautiful thing, even though it's going to be mostly me going RAWREARTHQUAKES!

Sorry about the wait, schools been kicking my ass up and down the street.

Anyway...

Hp:90
energy:100%
boosts:none
Speed:13
Caltrops Pineco (M)

Speed:90
Pikachu Gesundheit (F)

Action 1

Gesundheit uses Charm-> - 6 energy
Pineco uses Earthquake-> 12 Damage, -7 energy

Action 2
Gesundheit uses Encore-> -10 energy

Action 3
Gesundheit uses Sweet Kiss-> it missed -5 energy

energy:79%
boosts:- 2 atk
Caltrops Pineco (M)

Hp:54
energy:79%
Pikachu Gesundheit (F)

Caltrops Pineco (M)

Pikachu Gesundheit (F)

Action 1

Gesundheit uses Sweet Kiss -> Pineco is Intensely Confused, -5 Energy
Pineco uses Rock Slide -> 9 Damage, -6 Energy

Action 2
Gesundheit uses Encore-> -10 energy
Pineco Hits itself in confusion -> 5 Damage, -3 Energy

Action 3
Gesundheit uses Electro Ball -> 18 Damage, -8 Energy
Pineco uses Rock Slide -> 9 Damage, -6 Energy

Hp:67
energy:64%
Caltrops Pineco (M)

Hp:36
energy:53%
Pikachu Gesundheit (F)

Sorry, had homework. End-of-the-quarter rush. :/

All right, give Caltrops another Electro Ball, then follow it up with a Sweet Kiss! Finish up by Wishing on a star!

IF (Light Screen is up by Action 2) THEN (Replace Action 2 with Encore, then Volt Tackle)

Alright, well now that Charm is out of the way, we can get back to crushing her with conveniently aimed tectonic shifts!

Earthquake - Protect - Earthquake

Hp:67
energy:64%
Caltrops Pineco (M)

Hp:36
energy:53%
Pikachu Gesundheit (F)

Action 1
Pikachu uses Electro Ball-> 24 Dam, -8 energy
Pineco uses Earthquake-> 18 Dam, -7 energy

Action 2
Pikachu uses Sweet Kiss:Fails-> -5 energy
Pineco uses Protect-> -7 energy

Action 3
Pikachu uses Wish-> -18 energy
Pineco uses Earthquake-> 18 Dam, -7 energy
Pikachu is unable to continue

Hp:43
energy:43%
Caltrops Pineco (M)

Hp:KO
energy:KO%
Pikachu Gesundheit (F)

All right. Gesu, you've done well.

Your time is up, Icebug. Balsamus, it's showtime!

Flarelm(*) Balsamus (F)
Nature: Lonely -- 100 HP

Endure - Earthquake - Selfdestruct

High five for not needing to do a Protect-based substitution and just enough energy to do this!

All right, Balsamus, you've got this!

Wheel made of fire, keep on turning! Next, erect a Reflect to protect yourself from Earthquakes and stupid stuff like that. Finish the round with a Flame Charge to set up for the next Pokemon!

Flame Wheel ~ Reflect ~ Flame Charge

Hp:43
energy:43%
Caltrops Pineco (M)

Hp:100
Speed:55
Flarelm Balsamus (F)

Action 1
Balsamus uses Flame Wheel-> 15 Dam, -3 energy
Pineco uses Endure-> , -15 energy
Wish goes into effect and does...nothing

Action 2
Balsamus uses Reflect-> -8 energy
Pineco uses Earthquake-> 7 damage -7 energy

Action 3
Balsamus uses Flame Charge> 14 damage -3 energy
Pineco uses SelfDestruct-> (CRIT!) 20 Dam, -15 energy
Balsamus's Speed goes up 1 rank

Hp:KO
energy:KO%
Caltrops Pineco (M)

Hp:77
energy:86%
Speed:55
Flarelm Balsamus (F)

All right. I'm fairly confident that Icebug is going to send out Phendrana, so I'll post my actions now to hasten the process.

Balsamus, it's time to prove who's the better Metroid reference! Start by firing a Lava Plume to soften that bug up a bit. Follow that up with a Leech Seed to regain some health, then let loose with another Lava Plume!

Plume ~ Leech Seed ~ Plume
IF
(Phendrana uses Bug Bite) AND (this substitution didn't activate on the previous action) THEN (Change your action to Counter)

Yes, it is time...

100% accurate Sheer Cold plan, initiating...

Hone Claws - Sheer Cold - Sheer Cold

Let's make it cold.

Round 4 Begin!

Subreffing this battle. Just a disclaimer, mewtwo, I kind of stole your reffing style. Thought I'd let you know on the front end.

Phendrana
Energy: 100

VS

Balsamus
HP: 77
Energy: 86

Welcome back to another ASB battle! For those of you who forgot, I'm Roman...

...and I'm Irwin! IceBug just sent out his last Pokemon, Phendrana the extremely fast Syclar!

Phendrana takes the initiative and Hones her Claws in preparation for an attack! Here comes Balsamus the Flarelm, who doesn't look impressed! She takes a shot with a Lava Plume that hits for massive damage!

For an Ice/Bug type, that's got to hurt! That's going to leave a permanent scorch mark!

Maybe, but Phendrana isn't fazed! She readies--and launches a blast of freezing air! The Sheer Coldness of the attack seems to have done a number on Balsamus!

Feh. Grass-types. Wusses, all of 'em.

Strong talk for a Water-type. You do remember your type charts, don't you?

Whatever. Not like it's going to have any effect on me.

Don't let Gary hear you say that...anyway, Balsamus manages to recover, and shoots out a lot of seeds that stick to Phendrana! They'll Leech her HP over the next 6 actions!

I've been on the receiving end of that attack, Roman. Not. Fun. It literally feels like you're growing weaker over time!

It doesn't appear to be affecting Phendrana too badly, though, as she lets loose another Sheer Cold attack! That one looked ferocious, but Balsamus hangs in there!

Looks like that one took a lot out of her, though.

Maybe not--another vicious Lava Plume erupts from her arm cannon and fries poor Phendrana!

PETA's going to have a field day with this one...

It's been a heated battle (no pun intended) so far, and both sides are on their last legs! Who will last to take the win? Stay tuned to find out!

Phendrana
HP: 24
Energy: 56
Other: +1 Atk, +1 Acc; Leech Seed (4 actions)

VS

Balsamus
HP: 27
Energy: 67

Phendrana's Hone Claws: Phendrana's Attack and Accuracy are raised 1 stage each. Phendrana expends 6 Energy.

Balsamus' Lava Plume: Deals 30 damage to Phendrana. Balsamus expends 5 Energy.

Phendrana's Sheer Cold: RNG rolls 638; attack hits. Deals 28 damage to Balsamus. Phendrana expends 17 Energy.

Balsamus' Leech Seed: RNG rolls 73; attack hits. Phendrana was seeded. Balsamus expends 9 Energy.

Phendrana loses 3 HP due to Leech Seed.

Balsamus gains 3 HP due to Leech Seed.

Phendrana's Sheer Cold: RNG rolls 212; attack hits. Deals 28 damage to Balsamus. Phendrana expends 21 energy.

Balsamus' Lava Plume: Deals 30 damage to Phendrana. Balsamus expends 5 Energy.

Phendrana loses 3 HP due to Leech Seed.

Balsamus gains 3 HP due to Leech Seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)