[SET Comments]

• Specs set can OHKO or 2HKO most threats in the metagame
  • Hail support turns him into one of the best wallbreakers in the tier
  • Volt Switch allows you to gain momentum with ease
  • Choice Scarf allows to revenge kill offensive threats
  • Trick lets you cripple a wall with a useless item
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

• EVs are for maximum speed and power
  • Works well with something that can remove Very fast or bulky Pokemon.
  • Needs Snover to function efficiently

[SET]
name: SubSplit
move 1: Blizzard
move 2: Thunderbolt
move 3: Substitute
move 4: Pain Split
item: Life Orb/Leftovers
nature: Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

• Can take advantage of switches unlike choice Rotom-F
  • Pain Split provides semi-reliable recovery, allowing Rotom-F to live longer
  • Needs Snover to make Blizzard reliable
  • Can dismantle most stall teams

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

• A bulkier set can be used but the drop in speed and power is noticable
  • Can be used without Snover support but its viability drops greatly

[OTHER OPTIONS]

• A defensive set is outclassed by other Rotom forms
  • Dual Screens are outclassed by Cryogonal
  • Can run a Hidden Power [Grass] to hit Lanturn
  • A Life Orb can be used to switch moves more freely.

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS]

• Eviolite Magneton can threaten with Flash Cannon
  • Specially Defensive Lanturn can hit Rotom-F with Toxic or Scald
  • Faster Scarfers like Primeape can OHKO
  • Choice Band Entei does a lot with Extremespeed

This is my first attempt at an analysis so any constructive criticism is appreciated, I'm not exactly sure on the format so any help with that would be nice too

Add a SubSplit set. It is easily Rotom-F's most dangerous set.

Something like this:

[SET]
item: Life Orb
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

But like the other set, it definitely needs hail support from Snover to function effectively.

Maybe mention Hp Ground/Fire in the OO. Hp Fire can threaten Magneton and opposing Rotom-F's, while Hp Ground hits Magneton/Lanturn. Also, Sub-Charge is fairly viable imo.

Edit: Magenton's Flash Cannon isn't getting an SE hit due to the Electric subtype, so I would say that just mentioning Magneton resisting BoltBeam and being bulky enough to beat him w/Eviolite is sufficient. Minor nitpicking, but that's what I do :P

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'd expand on the overview and change your format a bit (you don't really need all of those spaces, look at other analysis for the right format)

I'd also add a Subslit set. STAB Boltbeam can cause a ton of switches and its difficult (if note impossible at times) to straight up counter.

item: Life orb / leftovers
EVS: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 spe

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Slash Lefties on the Subsplit set, and mention that spinners are really cool partners for the choice set. Hell, I'd in general expand a tiny bit on the AC beyond "use Snover".

With that being said, it looks like you've got most stuff covered.

QC Approved 1/3

I would slash an attack of a different type over Thunderbolt on the Choice Set (though I don't know what). Also, I would put Timid nature before Modest since the item goes Choice Specs than Choice Scarf.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Isn't a mention of Hidden Power Ice worth something? Sure, it's a pretty weak STAB compared to Blizzard (and Ice Beam that Rotom-F doesn't get), but it has better accuracy than Blizzard. Maybe if you use Rotom-F outside of hail, I don't know.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Very minor thing, but you should put the 4 extra EVs in SpD instead of Def so Download Porygon-Z doesn't get a SpA boost.

QC APPROVED 3/3

Make SubSplit the first set, it can destroy some of the greatest threats to hail teams such as Slowking and slow Cryos (aka each and everyone of them except mine that outspeeds rotom-f by a point xD) and is just overall beastly.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You mentioned Magneton with Flash Cannon in Check and Counters. I think you meant HP fire? Flash Cannon hits for neutral damage only iirc.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
this is a minor thing, but maybe change the defense evs the special defense so download raises attack.

yea like zdrup said, subsplit should be the first set. it wrecks, and choice has to deal with stealth rock and doesn't make the most of the great coverage, since it's locked in a lot of the time.

Not too useful but worth mentioning. While under the effects of Gravity, Smack Down and/or Iron Ball, Rotom-F doesn't gain a weakness to Ground but neutrality to it.
What are you talking about Ice doesn't resist Ground lol

And that's so situational it doesn't really warrant a mention

What are you talking about Ice doesn't resist Ground lol

And that's so situational it doesn't really warrant a mention
Gah, I keep getting Freezer and Fan mixed up! Also, yes it is quite situational. I really have nothing else to say but I agree that SubSpilt should come before Choice. I also find that the SubSpilt is reliant on forcing out a switch due to it having no defensive investments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)