Dovahkiin(OU RMT)

Hi its Makaveli3K again with a new team ^_^, this time with a help from my (epic ;D) friend Pain. After my last rain team failed I wanted to use rain again, especially after the Excadrill and Thunderus ban. So we decided to make a team together that is partially semistall if you can call it that. Because I am such a big Skyrim fan, we decided to name each member after a something from the Elder Scrolls universe.My comments will be in blue and Pains in red

Team Building Process

We started with Politoed of course, and decided on a defensive variant.

This wasn't an easy choice for me considering I HATE all weather that isn't Sun, however we were adamant on some form of semi-stall and rain is easilly the best way to do it.

---

Next we needed a special wall that worked well in rain. Tentacruel popped to mind, and he brings a spinner and toxic spiker to the table as well.

Rain + Stall = Tentacruel, the spinning function isnt exactly vital for the team but its nice to have, he's mainly here to act as a protect staller in the rain, whilst providing toxic spikes support at the same time, a vital hazard for any self-respecting semi-stall team.

---

Next we needed a steel type, and something that had good synergy with our current members; we decided on Ferrothorn.

So we have our special wall, so who would fit into a rain team while acting as a physical wall? Ferrothorn is the obvious choice.

---

Next I wanted to add Dragonite, because he is such a boss. We decided to try Stone_Cold's set and it has worked wonders.

Maka to Dragonite is like Peanut Butter to Jam (yes JAM! Welcome to Britain, enjoy your stay while you leech off of our f*cked up governments benefits) it just works!

---

We needed something to check Lucario, specifically the swords dance Es one. Gengar came to mind and also provided us with a powerful special attacker.

This is where the team gets a small dose of PAIN! Personally I thought the team needed some form of offense here, especally on the special side, specifically that didnt completely rely on rain, and could act as a stallbreaker if necessary, SubDisableGar ( <3 ) was the way to go.

---

Finally we wanted something that could outrun a number of +1 pokes and revenge them. And to provide a excellent late game sweeper. So scarf Terrakion was added.

Makaveli suggested something to act as the physical side to Gengar, a revenge killer for when things go downhill, it was going to be running the CB set however I suggested CS instead since power wasn't nessercary considering most pokes will be worn down anyway, the extra speed has proven vital.

The Team

Argonian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)​

- Scald
- Toxic
- Perish Song
- Protect

Ah the argonian.Politoed is the weather bringer, providing the endless downpour. We decided go for a defensive set, for it to stick around more than the scarf or specs set. The Evs are to maximize bulk on the defensive side; while the moves are pretty much standard. Scald is obligatory STAB and with a nice 30% burn rate; protect is to scout out moves and provide extra turn of lefties recovery. Perish song is stop pokemon like DD Gyarados and CM Reuniclus; while toxic is to stop bulky pokemon in their tracks.

Very simple defensive Politoed, the reason being is to win weather wars, this team does not rely on rain whatsoever, however if politoed can survive and win a weather war, it can cripple the opposing team immensely, giving us an instant advantage, whereas if we lose it, it wont have much of an impact.

--- --- ---

Sanguine (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 176 SDef / 16 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)​

- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Protect

Tentacruel has a crucial role in this team, he is the mixed wall, but more physically inclined. His Evs I have no clue about so Pain will explain them :P.
But move wise it is pretty standard, rapid spin to get rid of hazards, scald for burn chance, protect to recover health and T-spikes to help the team.

With the EV's I genuinely dont remember why they are as such, all I remember is that I use that set on my one rain team, and that it just simply works. He is slightly physically inclined allowing him to manage some form of physical damage, of which he would normally give in to, whilst still allowing him to act as an effective special wall too. Tentacruel is probrably one of the best supporting pokemon imo, simply for the fact that he can wall, stall, set up the most annoying hazard in the game easilly and efficiently, spin, absorb toxic spikes, switch in easilly and so on.

--- --- ---

Dwemer (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)​

- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Protect

Ferrothorn provides the final part of our defensive core, being the steel of the team and the fire weakness being weakened being a plus. He provides the rocks for the team; leech seed to gain health back; power whip is STAB and to hurt other pokemon, and protect to scout/regain health. He acts as a pseudo spinblocker as the spinner will be losing 25% of their health due to iron barbs+ rocky helmet. The Evs are standard, providing special bulk and physical bulk.

Rocky Helmet + Iron Barbs makes adding residual damage alongside rock setting so much more sweet, most physical recoil attacks such as life orb brave bird cause around 60% recoil damage overall... 2HKO Suicide win much? Typical stalling set here, since he loses recovery due to rocky helmet, Leech Seed is nessercary here and can help encourage switches, the rocks are a vital piece to the team, mainly to break opposing DNite's multiscale, and then protect for toxic stalling from hazards. Power Whip is simply STAB of choice.

--- --- ---

Dragonborn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 16 SDef / 160 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)​

- Substitute
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

The credit to this excellent set goes to Stone_cold, and it rapes. The basis of this set is to abuse multiscale with roost and substitute, to stall ice beams and to set up to just murder. The moves are pretty self explanatory, sticking to Stone_cold's set, so nothing really much else to say.

Oh Dragonite how I used to love you... then you became popular...
Yeah toward the beggining of this generation, Dragonite was always a staple in my teams, then his potential doubled due to multiscale, then again after the ban of thundurus, and Excadrill causing the slow death of sand. Dragonite has INSANE potential, setting up with this set is incredibally easy, normally causing rage quits or sweeps. Personally I like to use this set more conservatively, I use it to stall rather than sweep. Sub -> Roost = Multiscale Restoration AND Less Ice damage, you then pick your moments to throw in a DD or two, however this is best left till your opponents team has been worn down due to the lack of offense.

--- --- ---

Malacath (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)​

- Substitute
- Disable
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Sub disable gengar is excellent, stopping pokemon like bulk up scrafty and bulk up conkelldur. He also provides the team with a fast powerful special attacker. The Evs and nature are standard, timid for speed and sweeper Evs. The moves shadow ball and focus blast provide neutral coverage and sub and disable are self-explanatory.

My own personal gift to the team, he supports the team insanely... yep, supports! Whenever I use this team, Gengars role tends to be more of a stallbreaker, utilising Disable very effectively. If used right it can cripple an opponent, giving you a chance either to fire off a few Shadow Balls or even attempt to set up with DNite.

--- --- ---

Molag Bal @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)​

- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor

Scarf Terrakion is so good. It outspeeds +2 adamant DD Dragonite, +1 scrafty, and +1 volcarano. He provides a excellent answer to these pokes if they are allowed to set up. He is here to bring more speed to this team and to be a excellent late game sweeper. The Evs and nature are self-explanatory. Stone edge and close combat to abuse his STAB, x-scissor to revenge latios and the such and earthquake to handle EQ weak pokemon really, like jirachi.

Ive never been a fan of Terrakion, however any battle I have had against a sand team, I have never had to worry about winning a weather war, because I do not rely on rain, besides, after enough residual damage and wearing down from the rest of the team, Terrakion can easily clean up and 6-0 a weakened team if use properly.

Conclusion

Thanks for reading this RMT, and special shout out to Stone_cold for such a awesome Dnite set, Bethesda for making Skyrim and Pain for being a good friend :3 (Damn Right -.-).

Last Glance.​

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, as promised here's the rate.

This is a very solid semi-stall team. One Pokemon who could give your team troubles is DD Haxorus. Currently, your team has no real answer to it, as Terrakion fails to OHKO and everyone else cannot take a hit from it. A simple fix is to swap Ferrothorn to 252 Hp/ 88 Def/ 168 SpD with a Relaxed Nature and Leftovers, while dropping Protect for Gyro Ball. These EVs allow you to survive a 2HKO from +1 DD Haxorus Earthquake, and retaliate with Gyro Ball. Protect, while useful for whoring HP and racking up Leech Seed/ Toxic damage, is worth the sacrifice for being able to take down Haxorus. I would also suggest running Spikes over Stealth Rock. SubDisable Gengar tends to force a ton of switches, and the best entry hazard for abusing switches is Spikes. Once Spikes damage piles up enough, you can easily clean up with Dragonite or Terrakion. I will replace Stealth Rocks for you momentarily.

Another Pokemon who could prove problematic is Trick Room Reuniclus, who has no trouble setting up against Tentacruel or Ferrothorn, and can proceed to maul your entire team. Dragonite can already take care of Volcorona, while Ferrothorn can easily take care of DD Dragonite with Leech Seed and Gyro Ball. Terrakion, while indeed an excellent revenge killer, is unfortunately your most expendable member. In its place, I suggest bringing in a blast from the past: Iron Ball Trick Metagross. At first glance, this seems incredibly strange but it has merit. First of all Metagross can carry Stealth Rock, so you now have all entry hazards accounted for. Second of all, Metagross can shrug off a hit from Trick Room Reuniclus and return fire with a vicious STAB Meteor Mash. Although Metagross is 2HKOd by Life Orb Quiet Focus Blast, it is still better than being 6-0d and Focus Blast's accuracy could really help you. You can play around with the EVs if you want to get a spread that you like. Metagross can also take ONE +1 High Jump Kick from Scrafty thanks to its fantastic physical bulk, trick the Iron Ball onto Scrafty, and cripple it for the rest of the match. Finally, it can trick an Iron Ball onto an incoming Flying type/ Levitator such as Rotom-W and make them now prone to both Spikes and Toxic Spikes.

In Summary:
New Ferrothorn set>Old Ferrothorn set
pros: now have Spikes support, no longer Haxorus weak, can win vs Dragonite 1v1
cons: no more Protect to whore HP recovery/ rack up Leech Seed/ Toxic damage

Iron Ball Metagross>Scarf Terrakion
pros: get SR back, no longer weak to Reuniclus, can help better execute strategy with a Flying type/ Levitator being prone to Toxic Spikes/ Spikes
cons: not a surefire way to beat Reuniclus/ Scrafty, but neither was Terrakion

GL

Sets:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
Relaxed
252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Metagross @ Iron Ball
Clear Body
Adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD Play around with this, I'm sure there's something that lets you 2HKO Reuniclus while suriving 2 hits from Focus Blast yourself
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake

[/HIDE]

@NewWorldOrder

(Incase you get confused im the one who did the second lot of comments on the rmt :P)
Quite frankly I have to say I love the suggestions, they seem to fit together perfectly. I have yet to run into issues with a Haxorus however, but regardless these changes will be tested without a shadow of a doubt.

Reuniclus is a poke who gave me issues at times if I was unable to work around it with Gar and Terra so this should patch up the problem well. The only issue with dropping Terrakion is losing the powerful Rock+Fighting STABs, which has proven to be incredibly benifitial in the aid of denting, and sometimes even sweeping sand teams, something that will always give rain teams issues... although on second thoughts due to the lack of how much this team relies on rain I suppose you can ignore that. :P

Thanks for the rate it is greatly appreciated, ill be sure to let Maka know to try them out tommorrow, thanks again!

Dragon Dance Haxorus would only be a problem if Ferrothorn was KOed prior to the stat boost.

Lets say you have Tentacruell out and the opposing Haxorus has 1 Dragon Dance. Switch to Dragonite to avoid the Earthquake, and then switch to Ferrothorn the turn after Dragonite is sent out. Haxorus will be locked in Outrage against Ferrothorn, and will be Iron Barbed, Leech Seeded, and Power Whiped to death. However Reuniclus is a problem for this team as far as I can see, so you could try Latias:

Latias @ Leftovers
252 Hp/252 Def/4 Sp Def or 252 HP/252 Spe/4 Sp. Def
Bold-------------------------------Timid
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Roar
-Dragon Pulse

She can Calm Mind up against Reuniclus and Recover any damage that is caused. Roar can counter Calm Mind Reuniclus, and can give your team added support for your area hazards. Choose the defensive EV spread if you want to be able to use Latias against some physical attackers as well, or choose the standard set that is faster but not good at taking physical hits.
Good Luck Makaveli3K and Thepain

Dragon Dance Haxorus would only be a problem if Ferrothorn was KOed prior to the stat boost.

Lets say you have Tentacruell out and the opposing Haxorus has 1 Dragon Dance. Switch to Dragonite to avoid the Earthquake, and then switch to Ferrothorn the turn after Dragonite is sent out. Haxorus will be locked in Outrage against Ferrothorn, and will be Iron Barbed, Leech Seeded, and Power Whiped to death. However Reuniclus is a problem for this team as far as I can see, so you could try Latias:

Latias @ Leftovers
252 Hp/252 Def/4 Sp Def or 252 HP/252 Spe/4 Sp. Def
Bold-------------------------------Timid
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Roar
-Dragon Pulse

She can Calm Mind up against Reuniclus and Recover any damage that is caused. Roar can counter Calm Mind Reuniclus, and can give your team added support for your area hazards. Choose the defensive EV spread if you want to be able to use Latias against some physical attackers as well, or choose the standard set that is faster but not good at taking physical hits.
Good Luck Makaveli3K and Thepain
It seems viable, any suggestions as to who to replace for lati though? I mean each poke in the team feels like a staple aside from Terrakion upto now. Also, looking at your sig, do you do UU rates too? :') if so: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3457455 haha :P rmt advertising ftw. AnywaysI will be sure to try make a few twists to slot latias in somewhere and ill let you know how it goes, thanks for the rate! ^^

I guess you could replace Dragonite with Latias, but I don't like saying that because Dragonite does play an important role. All I can say is you should test it, and if you prefer Latias use her instead.

Hey there. Makaveli asked me to rate this so here I am :]

A second special wall would greatly help your team. Ferrothorn has no recovery outside of Leech Seed, so it cannot take repeated physical hits from the opponent; this becomes especially noticeable since it is not holding Leftovers. This allows Pokemon such as Choice Specs Latios and Starmie to deal major damage to your team since Ferrothorn cannot sponge repeated well at all. Therefore, I suggest that you replace Terrakion with a Blissey. Blissey can take special hits extremely well, especially with Tentacruel and Ferrothorn to help sponge hits alongside it. Blissey can also defeat the likes of Tornadus and Trick Room Reuniclus, two Pokemon that can severely hurt your team, quite easily. Also, Dragonite will have a hard time defeating your team, since Ferrothorn can destroy it if it gets locked into Outrage. Scrafty has a hard time setting up on your team, and Volcarona is crippled by rain and can be walled by Blissey.

Blissey
Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Softboiled
- Stealth Rock

Since Blissey can provide Stealth Rock support for your team as well, it allows you to run Spikes on Ferrothorn. Spikes will make it much harder for the opponent since it will allow you to wear down the opposition much more easily. I also suggest that you change Ferrothorn's EV Spread to 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef with a Relaxed Nature. Blissey can take hits on the special side easily in conjunction with Tentacruel, so Ferrothorn can utilize a much more defensively-oriented spread in order to defeat the likes of powerful attackers such Haxorous much more easily. Also, replace Protect with Gyro Ball. This will let you annihilate Dragonite once it is locked into Outrage, especially with the help of Iron Barbs and Rocky Helmet.

Very solid team. Hope I helped, and good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)