The Future of Smogon OU Tiering

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As most of you know by now, Suspect Testing is no longer the way in which Smogon University will conduct its tiering process. Several systems (similar in many ways) have been instituted in the lower tiers. This left OU as the sole tier with no tiering process. Through discussions with current and former tiering leaders, we have decided the best way to conduct OU tiering in a manner that will produce the best results for the playerbase heading forward while being in line with the administration's visions is a council made up of myself, Earthworm, and aldaron. As some of the foremost tiering leaders on the site, we feel we will be able to provide the players with the best metagame possible.

While this new method of tiering may seem like it completely cuts the userbase off from the tiering process, I would like to let you know that it is quite the opposite. Shortly after I post this topic, I will follow it up with a Deoxys-S discussion thread. You see, me, aldaron, and Earthworm take the opinion of the community very seriously when considering our decisions. Whether or not you consider the old method a success or a failure, it did manage to whittle the suspect list down to only a few issues. These issues are much more difficult to decide, and that's why above all else, well reasoned arguments by the community are without a doubt the most important factor. Suspect Testing may be a thing of the past, but the community is still the most important part of suspect decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)