Spenstar and Doran Dragon Duke it Out at the Evolution Forest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right, fellows, you know the drill. Follow the rules, take care of yourselves, and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T WHACK THE ROCK.

Spenstar said:
2v2 singles
(please, no items)
2 day DQ
2 recoveries, as many chills as you damn well please
Arena: A rendition of the evolution forest from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games.

At the center of this circular arena is an indestructible glowing stone. Pokemon often come here in rituals to evolve. Because of the mystical properties of the stone, the entire arena has a certain energy to it, and Pokemon evolving in-battle here suffer no energy cost. Although the arena does look like a forest, there are qualities of all 17 types present in some way here, allowing almost all moves to work as intended. In addition, due to the nature of this forest, if a Pokemon uses a move that has a varying type or type related effect based on the environment, (Camouflage, Weather Ball, Nature Power, and Secret Power, but this list of moves is open to additions that I have not thought of, at my discretion) the Pokemon gets to decide which form the move takes.
Doran Dragon said:
Switching=enabled

Abilities=one
Spenstar's Team:
Bolderdash [Rabbi]
Nature: Modest
Type:
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
About Rabbi: On the last stop of a sight-seeing trip Spenstar and Rabbi took with the rest of the team, it evolved into a Bolderdash. Evolution has made Rabbi stronger and more sure of its own abilities. However, it still has a hard time controlling its ancient powers, but until it does, it has the support of the entire team to fall back on.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1(-1)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 5(+1)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 110

EC: 8/9
MC: 1
DC: 3/5

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.
Technician: (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).
Mold Breaker (DW): (locked) (Innate) Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)

Attacks:
Level-Up:
Vacuum Wave
Tackle
Defense Curl
Rollout
Rock Blast
Disable
Acupressure
Mud Shot
Power Gem
Metal Sound
Paleo Wave
Ancientpower
Earth Power

TMs:
Flamethrower
Sandstorm
Hidden Power (Flying, 6)
Protect

Gen IV:
Swift

Total Moves: 18

Pinsir [Bugoff] (Male)
Nature: Careful (+1 special defense, -1 special attack)

Type:
Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.
About Bugoff: Bugoff was a member of a pack of Pinsir and served as the team's voice of reason; his cautious attitude and pseudo-anticipation saved the pack from many a threat many times. He ran into Spenstar while he was at the rainforest, and the two became fast friends. Spenstar wasn't the only one there, however, who had taken an interest in the pinsir. Spenstar's insane sister had followed him there, and brought with her an powerful Electivire that threatened to tear the entire pack (and that part of the rainforest) to shreds. Spenstar and Bugoff agreed to join forces to stop the powerful threat. They had impressive chemistry as trainer and Pokemon, and handily defeated the Electivire and temporarily drove Spenstar's sister away. The two then decided to join forces from then on, and Bugoff joined Spenstar's team.

Bugoff isn't afraid to go all-out offensive, but is very anti-reckless with his actions. Careful execution of offensive moves makes him an effective battler.

Stats:
Pinsir
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 1(-1)
SpD: Rank 4(+1)
Spe: 85

MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Hyper Cutter: (Innate) This Pokemon always keeps its claws/teeth/pincers extremely sharp, and thus cannot have its attack reduced.
Mold Breaker: (Innate) Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)
Moxie(DW): (Innate) This Pokemon gets psyched after it earns a KO on an opposing Pokemon, increasing its attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Attacks:
Level-Up:
Vicecrip
Focus Energy
Bind
Seismic Toss
Harden
Revenge
Brick Break
Vital Throw

Egg Moves:
Bug Bite
Fient
Faint Attack
Quick Attack

TMs:
X-Scissor
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Total Moves: 15

Plicowatt (Battery) (Male)
Nature: Mild (+Sp.ATK, -DEF)

Type: Electric / Water
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Stats:
Plicowatt
HP: 80
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 0(-1)
SpA: Rank 3(+1)
SpD: Rank 1
Spe: 95
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 10

EC: 5/6
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Trace: (Can be Activated) This Pokemon can copy an ability of the opponent and replace Trace for six (6) actions. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Magic Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it.
Shed Skin (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.

Attacks:
Bubble
Charge
Tackle
Thundershock
Detect

Me First
Signal Beam
Muddy Water

Scald
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Total Moves: 11

Doran Dragon's Team:

Bayleef [Orita-chan] (Female)

Personality:
Orita-chan was Silvan's second pokemon, and first Starter pokemon. She has always had a positive disposition on everything, and the biggest mouth in terms of cheering her teammates on. When ever things seem to be looking down or the team is anything but happy, Orita-chan will give the most inspiring positivity speaches. Many gym battles in Johto and Hoenn were struggled through, but were pulled through because of Orita-chan's positive cheers.

Favorite Quote: "Is your glass half full or half empty?" ~Optimism proverb~

Nature:
Modest

Type:
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 60
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 16

EC/MC/DC
Battle 1: 0/0/0
Battle 2: 0/0/0
Battle 3: 0/0/0
Battle 4: 1/1/1
Battle 5: 0/0/0
Battle 6: 2/1/1
Battle 7: 1/1/1
Battle 8: 1/2/1
Battle 9: 1/2/0
Battle 10: 1/2/0
Battle 11: 1/2/1
Battle 12: 0/0/0
Total : 8/11/5

Abilities:
1) Overgrow: Type: Innate When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any grass attack is increased by two (2). (eg Giga Drain goes from 8 to 10, Solarbeam from 12 to 14)

DW) Leaf Guard: Type: Innate In bright sunlight the Pokemon is surrounded by a faint green glow. The glow protects it from all permanent and temporary status conditions

Attacks:
Level up:
L1 - Growl
L1 - Tackle
L1 - Razor Leaf
L1 - PoisonPowder
L1 - Reflect
L12 - Synthesis
L22 - Magical Leaf
L26 - Natural Gift
Egg-learned
EG - Ancient Power
EG - Leaf Storm
EG - Heal Pulse
BW-TM
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM22 - SolarBeam
TM90 - Substitute

Ekans [Enaks-chan] (Male)

Nature:
Adamant

Type: Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 55
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 12

EC/MC/DC
Battle 5: 1/1/1
Battle 6: 1/1/1
Battle 7: 0/0/0
Battle 10: 1/2/1
Battle 11: 0/0/0
Battle 12: 0/0/0
Total : 6/9/5

Abilities:
1) Intimidate: Type: Can be Activated
When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing thier Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again.

2) Shed Skin: Type: Innate
This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.

DW) Unnerve: Type: Innate
The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.

Attacks:
L1 - Leer
L1 - Wrap
L4 - Poison Sting
L9 - Bite
L12 - Glare
L17 - Screech
L20 - Acid
L25 - Stockpile
L25 - Spit up
L25 - Swallow
EG - Poison Tail
EG - Beat Up
EG - Iron Tail
TM6 - Toxic
TM9 - Venoshock
TM26 - Earthquake

Turn Order:
- Spenstar sends out his Pokemon, declares ability
- Doran Dragon sends out his Pokemon, declares ability, orders
- Spenstar orders
- I ref

I'm leading with Rabbi! Who will evolve immediately upon entrance at no energy cost! WOOT!

Stratagem [Rabbi]
Nature: Modest
Type:
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
About Rabbi: On the last stop of a sight-seeing trip Spenstar and Rabbi took with the rest of the team, it evolved into a Bolderdash. Evolution has made Rabbi stronger and more sure of its own abilities. However, it still has a hard time controlling its ancient powers, but until it does, it has the support of the entire team to fall back on.

Stats:
Stratagem
Atk: Rank 1(-1)
SpA: Rank 6(+1)
Spe: 130
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 21

EC: 9/9
MC: 1
DC: 3/5

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.
Technician: (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).
Mold Breaker (DW): (locked) (Innate) Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)

Attacks:
Level-Up:
Weather Ball
Giga Drain
Vacuum Wave
Tackle
Defense Curl
Rollout
Rock Blast
Disable
Acupressure
Mud Shot
Power Gem
Metal Sound
Paleo Wave
Ancientpower
Earth Power

TMs:
Flamethrower
Sandstorm
Hidden Power (Flying, 6)
Protect

Gen IV:
Swift

Total Moves: 18

I'll go with Technician.

"I starting with Orita-chan, who will also be promptly evolving at no cost to her! Her ability will be Overgrowth!"

Meganium [Orita-chan] (Female)

Personality:
Orita-chan was Silvan's second pokemon, and first Starter pokemon. She has always had a positive disposition on everything, and the biggest mouth in terms of cheering her teammates on. When ever things seem to be looking down or the team is anything but happy, Orita-chan will give the most inspiring positivity speaches. Many gym battles in Johto and Hoenn were struggled through, but were pulled through because of Orita-chan's positive cheers.

Favorite Quote: "Is your glass half full or half empty?" ~Optimism proverb~

Nature:
Modest

Type:
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2(-)
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 4(+)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 80
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 5
Base Rank Total: 20

EC/MC/DC
Battle 5: 0/0/0
Battle 6: 2/1/1
Battle 7: 1/1/1
Battle 10: 1/2/0
Battle 11: 1/2/1
Battle 12: 1/2/0
Mov Purc: 0/-13/0
Total : 9/0/5
Abilities:
1) Overgrow: Type: Innate
When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any grass attack is increased by two (2). (eg Giga Drain goes from 8 to 10, Solarbeam from 12 to 14)
DW) Leaf Guard: Type: Innate
In bright sunlight the Pokemon is surrounded by a faint green glow. The glow protects it from all permanent and temporary status conditions.

Attacks:
Level Up:
lv 1 - Growl
lv 1 - Poison Powder
lv 1 - Razor Leaf
lv 1 - Tackle
lv 12 - Synthesis
lv 18 - Reflect
lv 22 - Magical Leaf
Egg-Learned
Ancient Power
Heal Pulse
Leaf Storm
BW-TM
Sunny Day
SolarBeam
Substitute

Substitute(25)>>>Poison Powder>>>Magical Leaf
(sub: If switches to Bugoff) Substitute(25)>>>Reflect>>>Ancient Power

I'm calling you out on that, big time. First of all, your egg moves were Heal Pulse, Leaf Stom, and Ancientpower, not Leaf Storm, Ancientpower, and Heal Pulse. Second, you send in a Bayleef with a certain number of moves. Upon evolution, yes you might gain some moves, (though with the Meganium line it appears you do not) but you can't spend MC mid-battle. My Stratagem got Giga Drain and weather ball because he gets them at level one, thus making them automatics learned moves.

As far as I'm concerned, that was a HUGE illegal play you just made, and a very deceptive one at that. I will not post actions until the issue is fixed.

edit: he fix'd it

Doran Dragon, yeah, that's a serious no-no. Let me point out why.

1) You did NOT declare the new moves.
2) You CANNOT learn new moves in battle.
3) You changed an egg move behind the approval team's back
4) You went around the approval system AGAIN in posting these moves before they were approved.

This is so absolutely unacceptable (particularly the last two; the first two I can attribute to "didn't know any better/no harm done"). If I were you, I'd be very ashamed of myself - at any rate, I will be personally watching you. ASB runs on the honor system, and going behind everyone's back for your own personal gain is beyond ridiculous.

Meganium will have no new moves, and its final Egg move will remain Ingrain for all time. That is final. Re-order, Doran Dragon.

EDIT: Furthermore, you just changed Solarbeam from a BW TM to an Egg move, as evidenced by this post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3972613&postcount=1 and this post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3972894&postcount=5927 AGAIN without any sort of approval from ASB staff. Be you incompetent or completely disrespectful of all that ASB runs on, I do not know (though I suspect both), this is unacceptable.

Aight, everything is fixed. Just don't do it again. And sorry for flying off the handle...

I could say I didnt know...as I really didnt know that, but as it says in the lawbooks, ignorance of the law is no excuse of breaking it.

I appologize, I believe I fixed it all :) also it had Heal pulse as it's original egg move.

Again? Did I do that once before? :/

Edit: I want to thank you guys, if you hadnt caught that, I probably would have continued changing the egg moves and BW TMs and stuff like that. I'll also make a note of not assuming my stuff is good before changing it now.

I meant again as in, "again disregarding the approval staff". That being said, everything is once again in order for the purposes of this battle.

@Spenstar, thanks for catching that. I probably wouldn't have noticed. Also, he edited his post, so feel free to order.

Before Round 1:

Stratagem (U)
100 HP
100 EN
1-/3/6+/3/130
Technician/Levitate

Meganium (F)
100 HP
100 EN
2-/4/4+/4/80
Overgrow

Spenstar and Doran Dragon face off in the Evolution Forest - Spenstar sending out his Bolderdash, Doran Dragon his Bayleef. But what's this? Both of them, aided by the power of the Evolution Stone, evolve! Now it's a Stratagem and Meganium staring each other down - suddenly, this battle just got a lot more interesting. Stratagem opens by launching a torrent of unbelievably hot flames at Meganium, injuring it badly. However, shaking the wounds off, the great Grass Pokemon conjures up a powerful Substitute - Stratagem's battle just got a ton harder. Stratagem tries in vain to attack Meganium with a shower of stars, but Meganium's doppleganger absorbs the hit. Meganium launches poisonous powders into the air (I think I'm gonna throw up), but simply can't get Stratagem to hit them. Finally, Stratagem whips up a mighty Sandstorm (Really? First those spores, now this? You two are pushing it) while Meganium takes the offensive, thrusting a smattering of bewitched leaves at Stratagem for moderate damage. Who will be victorious? More importantly, will the referee survive all of these shenanigans? Tune in next time to find out!

After Round 1:

Stratagem (U)
87 HP
79 EN
1-/3/6+/3/130
Technician/Levitate

Meganium (F)
54 HP
66 EN
2-/4/4+/4/80
Overgrow
Substitute (13)

A sandstorm ravages the arena (3R)

A1

Stratagem uses Flamethrower
To-Burn: 7557 (No)
To-Crit: 6845 (No)
Damage: (10+1.5(5-4)+1(6-5))*1.5=18.75~19
-7 EN

Meganium uses Substitute (25)
-25 HP
-24 EN
A Substitute (25) is formed

A2

Stratagem uses Swift
To-Crit: 3453 (No)
Damage: 9+1.5(5-4)+1(6-5)=11.5~12
The Substitute takes the hit
-5 EN

Meganium uses PoisonPowder
To-Hit: 7746 (No)
-7 EN

A3

Stratagem uses Sandstorm
A sandstorm ravages the arena (4R)
-9 EN

Meganium uses Magical Leaf
To-Crit: 9142 (No)
Damage: (6+3-2+1.5(4-3))*1.5=12.75~13
-3 EN

-2 HP (Meganium) (Sandstorm)

Turn Order:
- Spenstar declines switching, orders
- Doran Dragon orders
- I ref

OR

- Spenstar switches (declaring Pokemon and ability)
- Doran Dragon declines counter-switch
- Spenstar orders
- Doran Dragon orders
- I ref

OR

- Doran Dragon counter-switches (declaring Pokemon and ability), orders
- Spenstar orders
- I ref

These are the only possible trees; you may choose any tree as long as it is still valid (ex. Spenstar can either switch or not switch, but if he chooses not to, Doran Dragon cannot).

I decline switching. Battery would have a much harder time against Meganium than Rabbi.

On a side note, I do believe you forgot to include the sandstorm special defense boost into Magical Leaf's damage calc.

Alright, Go Rabbi! Ancientpower-Flamethrower-Weather Ball(Sun) thanks to the arena, even though it is sandy, I can use weather ball and have it turn out like it was used in the sun.

If, A2 OR A3, (not both) Meganium opts to use Substitute, disable substitute

"Orita-chan, dont lose hope! Though with you, that statement is redundant! Even though we're only allowed two heals, I think now would be a pretty choice time to use one! Start off by Synthesizing some sugars...I wish I could set up some sunlight, but chances are that the ancient power will break your sub leaving you open to an overpowered Flamethrower. And now, since we're open to the Flamethrower, it'd be smart to create a Substitute, even to distract it from it's attack. Weather Ball will hopefully not be as powerful, and in this instance, take a plunge and unleash a Storm of Leaves upon Rabbi! Now, go make this happen!"

Synthesis>>>Substitute(25)>>>Leaf Storm

Before Round 2:

Stratagem (U)
87 HP
79 EN
1-/3/6+/3/130
Technician/Levitate

Meganium (F)
54 HP
66 EN
2-/4/4+/4/80
Overgrow
Substitute (13)

A sandstorm ravages the arena (3R)

In the second round of battle, Spenstar toils away to create a resounding lead. He begins by ordering Stratagem to launch mysteriuos rocks at the pesky Substitute, shattering it. Meganium attempts to regain HP by absorbing sunlight, but does so mostly in vain. Stratagem takes advantage of the reprieve by nearly setting Meganium afire; Meganium responds by producing yet another Substitute, which is Disabled by Stratagem. At the end of the round, Meganium swarms Stratagem in a torrent of leaves, dealing the heaviest blow so far. Is it in the bag for Spenstar, or does Doran Dragon still have a hope? Tune in next time to find out!

After Round 2:

Stratagem (U)
59 HP
61 EN
1-/3/6+/3/130
Technician/Levitate

Meganium (F)
24 HP
32 EN
2-/4/4+/4/80
Overgrow
-2 SpA
Substitute (15), Substitute Disabled (5A)

A sandstorm ravages the arena (2R)

A1

Stratagem uses AncientPower
To-Boost: 5965 (No)
To-Crit: 3285 (No)
Damage: 9+3+1.5(5-4)+1(6-5)=14.5~15
The Substitute takes the hit
The Substitute breaks
-4 EN

Meganium uses Synthesis
+10 HP
-14 EN

A2

Stratagem uses Flamethrower
To-Burn: 5595 (No)
To-Crit: 9875 (No)
Damage: (10+1.5(5-4)+1(6-5))*1.5=18.75~19
-7 EN

Meganium uses Substitute
-15 HP
-12 EN
A Substitute (15) is formed

A3

Stratagem uses Disable
Substitute is Disabled (6A)
-7 EN

Meganium uses Leaf Storm
To-Hit: 1604 (No)
To-Crit: 7802 (No)
Damage: (16+3-2+1.5(4-3))*1.5=27.75~28
Meganium's SpA falls two stages
-8 EN

Turn Order:
- Doran Dragon declines switching, orders
- Spenstar orders
- I ref

OR

- Doran Dragon switches (declaring Pokemon and ability)
- Spenstar declines counter-switch
- Doran Dragon orders
- Spenstar orders
- I ref

OR

- Spenstar counter-switches (declaring Pokemon and ability), orders
- Doran Dragon orders
- I ref

"Well damn, Orita-chan wont be able to survive another round like this...You've done well, but its about time Enaks-chan got his chance. Since it seems Enaks-chan can evolve for free, I'll get myself a new powerful Arbok! Lets utilize our Shed Skin ability for this battle!"

Arbok [Enaks-chan] (Male)

Nature:
Adamant

Type:
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4(+)
SpA: Rank 2(-)
Spe: 80
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 17

EC/MC/DC
Battle 5: 1/1/1
Battle 6: 1/1/1
Battle 7: 0/0/0
Battle 10: 1/2/1
Battle 11: 0/0/0
Total : 6/9/5

Abilities:
1) Intimidate: Type: (Can be Activated)
When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing thier Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again.

2) Shed Skin: Type: (Innate)
This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.

DW) Unnerve: Type: (Innate)
The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.

Attacks:
Level-up
lv 1 - Bite
lv 1 - Fire Fang
lv 1 - Ice Fang
lv 1 - Thunder Fang
lv 1 - Leer
lv 1 - Poison Sting
lv 1 - Wrap
lv 12 - Glare
lv 17 - Screech
lv 20 - Acid
lv 22 - Crunch
lv 25 - Stockpile
lv 25 - Swallow
lv 25 - Spit Up
Egg-learned
Beat-Up
Poison Tail
Iron Tail
BW-TM
Toxic
Venoshock
Earthquake

After mulling the situation over for a while, thinking about who would have an easier time against the snake, I've decided to let my Rabbi recharge his batteries.

And get replaced on the battlefield by MY battery!

Who just evolved for free!

Krilowatt (Battery) (Male)
Nature: Mild (+Sp.ATK, -DEF)

Type: Electric / Water
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Stats:
Krilowatt
HP: 125
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2(-1)
SpA: Rank 4(+1)
Spe: 105
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 21

EC: 6/6
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Trace: (Can be Activated) This Pokemon can copy an ability of the opponent and replace Trace for six (6) actions. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Magic Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it.
Shell Armor (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon’s thick, bony outer shell prevents it from taking critical hits.

Attacks:
Ice Shard
Bubble
Charge
Tackle
Thundershock
Detect
Confuse Ray
Aqua Jet
Mirror Coat
Counter
Imprision

Me First
Signal Beam
Muddy Water

Scald
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Total Moves: 17

I will be using Magic Guard today.

Thunderbolt-Muddy Water-Thunderbolt!
If that Arbok uses Earthquake or Poison Tail, use Counter and push actions back

Doran, I'd also like to point out that there is a slight error in your Arbok's movepool. Your Ekans had stockpile, spit up, and swallow, and can't forget them, so your Arbok should still have those moves. There may be others as well that I'm referring to, but right now only the Stockpile Trio come to mind.

Concurring with the above; just because Arbok doesn't learn the moves before Lv 25 doesn't mean it can't keep them. In fact, a Pokemon can learn any move from its pre-evolutions, even if that move was never learnable by the Pokemon itself (ex. Electivire can still learn Bide from Generation 1 becuase Electabuzz had been able to learn it).

Ok, added the stockpile trio.

"Well Enaks-chan, this looks like it will be a generally easier fight than the floating rock pile, Im sure we can make this work! First, since its much to fast, Glare it into paralyzing submission. Next, even with lesser defenses, its always a good idea to weaken them more with you overbearing Screech. Finally lets strike with an Iron-coated Tail attack that can lower those defenses even lower!"

Glare>>>Screech>>>Iron Tail

Before Round 3:

Krilowatt (M)
125 HP
100 EN
3/2-/4+/3/105
Magic Guard

Stratagem (U)
59 HP
61 EN

Arbok (M)
90 HP
100 EN
4+/3/2-/3/80
Shed Skin

Meganium (F)
24 HP
32 EN

A Sandstorm ravages the arena (2R)

At the beginning of the third round, both players switch out their Pokemon - Spenstar sends out a Protowatt, and Doran Dragon an Ekans. However, both of them, galvanized by the power of the Evolution Stone, evolve; suddenly, Spenstar holds the upper hand by a tremendous margin. Krilowatt opens by electrifying Arbok, who shakes off the hit and pulls a Fluttershy, paralyzing Krilowatt with its gaze. With Krilowatt far slower than before, Arbok is free to attack first, screeching loudly at Krilowatt. The poor shrimp cannot move in response, allowing Arbok to cover its tail with an odd sheen and slam it down onto the shrimpy skull; however, due to a poor type matchup, it probably did far less than Doran Dragon had hoped. Krilowatt manages to shake off the paralysis to electrify Arbok once more, leaving it in a solid lead as the round closes. With the sandstorm winding down, one wonders if Doran Dragon can turn this around...

After Round 3:

Krilowatt (M)
114 HP
88 EN
3/2-/4+/3/105
Magic Guard
-3 Def
PRZ (15%)

Stratagem (U)
59 HP
61 EN

Arbok (M)
54 HP
80 EN
4+/3/2-/3/80
Shed Skin

Meganium (F)
24 HP
32 EN

A Sandstorm ravages the arena (1R)

A1

Krilowatt uses Thunderbolt
To-Para: 7219 (No)
To-Crit: 3873 (No)
Damage: 10+3+1.5(4-3)=14.5~15
-6 EN

Arbok uses Glare
To-Hit: 1487 (Yes)
Krilowatt is Paralyzed (25%)
-6 EN

Arbok takes 2 DMG (Sandstorm)

A2

Arbok uses Screech
To-Hit: 8187 (Yes)
Krilowatt's Def sharply drops
-7 En

Krilowatt uses Muddy Water
To-FP: 2359 (Yes)
Krilowatt can't move

A3

Arbok uses Iron Tail
To-Hit: 5701 (Yes)
To-Drop: 396 (Yes)
To-Crit: 6607 (No)
Damage: (10+1.5(4-3))/1.5+1.75(2)=11.1666...~11
Krilowatt's Def falls a stage
-7 EN

To-FP: 8849 (No)
To-Para: 9484 (No)
To-Crit: 9240 (No)
Damage: 10+3+1.5(4-3)=14.5~15
-6 EN

Turn Order:
- Doran Dragon declines switching, orders
- Spenstar orders
- I ref

OR

- Spenstar declines counter-switch
- Doran Dragon orders
- Spenstar orders
- I ref

OR

- Spenstar counter-switches (declaring Pokemon and ability), orders
- Doran Dragon orders
- I ref

My apologies, but I was incorrect earlier; Doran Dragon actually moves first here. If you could kindly delete your post, we can proceed.

To Doran Dragon: If Spenstar doesn't delete his post by the time you see this, please ignore it and order as if you were going first.

Before Round 4:

Krilowatt (M)
114 HP
88 EN
3/2-/4+/3/105
Magic Guard
-3 Def
PRZ (15%)

Stratagem (U)
59 HP
61 EN

Arbok (M)
54 HP
80 EN
4+/3/2-/3/80
Shed Skin

Meganium (F)
24 HP
32 EN

A Sandstorm ravages the arena (1R)

Arbok starts off the round by shaking the earth in the Evlution Forest, almost knocking the Evolution Stone around (no need for that). Krilowatt responds by slamming a mysterious brown energy field into Arbok, dealing tremendous damage. Arbok coils up, trying to make itself impervious to attack, but to no avail - one jolt of electricity from Krilowatt is all that it takes to send Arbok sliding into the ground, unconscious. Doran Dragon is in a pickle here, but can he pull off a KO? Tune in next time to find out!

After Round 4:

Krilowatt (M)
89 HP
63 EN
3/2-/4+/3/105
Magic Guard
-2 Def
PRZ (10%)

Stratagem (U)
59 HP
61 EN

Arbok (M)
-1 HP
65 EN
4+/3/2-/3/80
Shed Skin

Meganium (F)
24 HP
32 EN

A1

Arbok uses Earthquake
To-Crit: 9375 (No)
Damage: (10+1.5(4-2))*1.5+1.75(3)=24.75~25
-7 EN

Krilowatt uses Counter
To-FP: 4052 (No)
Damage: 25*1.5=37.5~38
-19 EN

A2

Arbok uses Stockpile
+1 Def
+1 SpD
-8 EN

To-FP: 3649 (No)
To-Para: 8737 (No)
To-Crit: 6270 (No)
Damage: 10+3+1.5(4-3)-1.75=12.75~13
-6 EN

Turn Order:
- Doran Dragon sends out his Meganium (no post necessary)
- Spenstar declines switching, orders
- Doran Dragon orders
- I ref

OR

- Doran Dragon declines counter-switch
- Spenstar orders
- Doran Dragon orders
- I ref

OR

- Doran Dragon counter-switches (declaring Pokemon and ability), orders
- Spenstar orders
- I ref

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)