Substitue BP Gliscor (QC 0/3)

I've been using this set and it has been doing well. I know that Baton Pass is mentioned in OO, but this set isn't used on a dedicated Baton Pass team and it still is able to act as a good defensive pivot. There was a similar set posted, ( http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3922177 ) but there isn't really an explanation on what happened to it, and I don't think I will have the time to submit this latter so I'm doing it now.

[pimg]477[/pimg]
Gliscor

name: Substitue BP
move 1: Earthquake
move 2: Substitute
move 3: Baton Pass
move 4: Taunt
item: Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
nature: Impish
evs: 164 HP / 128 Def / 216 Spe

Why this set deserves to be on-site:
  • Gliscor option of Baton Pass deserves more than its OO mention, since it can support teamates more directly and function similarly to other Gliscor sets, such as having Taunt to prevent setup and stalling
  • The purpose of this set would to bring in setup sweepers and a Pokemon more easily.
  • Sub Passing is very easy for Gliscor due to Poison Heal recovering 12% health every turn, making only 1 free turn all that is needed to restore the HP of Substitute
  • Taunt not only prevents setup of opposing Pokemon, but prevents phazing by the opponent when you bring in your sweeper with your sub

Additional Comments:
  • The Speed EV's are to allow Gliscor Earthquake opposing Lucario and allow it to prevent set up by Dragonite. It also prevents Taunt from opposing Gliscor.
  • The HP EV's are to make Gliscor's subs bulkier, preventing it being broken while being Baton Passed.
  • This Gliscor doesn't as a wall, but more of a defensive pivot. It will be in and out of the match with Baton Pass
  • Gliscor doesn't need to be on a dedicated Baton Pass Team, since it can still prevent the setup of opposing pokemon like other Gliscor and be defensive

Teammates & Counters:
  • Pokemon that would be tough to switch in and would enjoy the set up opportunity provided by Substitute make great partners. Lucario makes a great partner since with its Steel-Typing will resist the ice type attacks aimed at Gliscor while behind a bulky substitute. It enjoys the free opportunity to set-up in 1-turn with swords dance. Ground-type attacks won't be aimed at Lucario since was in.
  • A more unusual partner would be a Focus Puncher, particularly Breloom. Breloom resist water attacks aimed at Gliscor and will have the ability to hit right off the bat with Focus Punch. It's resist to rock type attacks often aimed at Gliscor doesn't hurt either.
  • If you are using this on a full Baton Pass team, Vaporeon makes a great partner since it resists both its weakness and can pass along the Substitute.
  • Like any other Gliscor, Water and Ice type attacks are its bane. Cloyster gets a special mention because it can break through the Substitute with Icicle Spear and takes Earthquakes easily.
  • Faster Pokemon with Taunt can shut down this set easily. Deoxys-S gets a special mention since it often carries Ice Beam and is relatively common.

Overally I have found this Gliscor really useful since many sweepers don't have the opportunity to set up with the common priority thrown around (Bullet Punch 29% all teams) and the huge amount of attackers that can just 1HKO them. Let's see how this goes.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Considering you cannot even bother to spell one of the four main moves correctly, I somehow don't believe you can be trusted to write this set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)