Stunky (Defensive) GP 2/2

OK This set has been around for like forever. EM used it to good success; I've seen it all over the place and it works. It traps Gastly, Frillish, and the like like (yeah, double like) a bawss.

And Stunky makes 40...if I hadn't already hit that mark.
[SET]
name: Defensive Trapper
move 1: Sucker Punch
move 2: Pursuit
move 3: Crunch / Taunt
move 4: Explosion / Fire Blast
item: Eviolite
ability: Aftermath
nature: Careful
evs: 92 HP / 92 Atk / 60 Def / 188 SpD / 4 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Though Stunky may seem like an offensive trapper, the addition of Eviolite has given it the ability to act as more of a defensive trapper. With the given defensive spread, Stunky's HP and defenses rise to 24 / 18 / 21, which is very solid for any bulky Pokemon in Little Cup. Its typing is also great for trapping Ghost-types, being able to resist Ghost-type attacks while being resistant or neutral to the secondary typing of all Ghost-types in Little Cup, bar the rare Golett. Sucker Punch and Pursuit are very important moves to have, since they allow Stunky to act first if the opponent decides to attack and inflict double damage if they decide to switch, respectively. Crunch is a solid option on Stunky, as Crunch gives it a reliable STAB attack with decent power. However, Taunt is an option over Crunch to prevent Stunky from getting burned by Will-O-Wisps. Finally, Explosion gives Stunky the power to go out with a bang, but Fire Blast is always an option for hitting Steel-types, such as Ferroseed.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Due to Stunky's typing and attacks, Scraggy will be a common switch in to this set after Stunky has done its job. Timburr, Mienfoo, and Croagunk are all great options to handle Scraggy, depending on the moveset that it runs. In terms of EVs, Stunky can run a more offensive spread of 12 HP / 252 Atk / 188 SpD / 4 Spe with an Adamant nature, as this only slightly limits Stunky's defensive potential, and in either case, 14 Speed is more than enough to outpace Ghost-types not named Gastly.</p>

<p>Since Stunky loses easily to Steel-types if it doesn't have Fire Blast, Magnemite is a great partner. However, they are both weak to Ground-type attacks, so a Flying-type partner or one with Levitate is also appreciated. Said Flying-types are also appreciated since they fare well against Fighting-type Pokemon that commonly switch into Stunky. Speaking of Fighting-types, Abra is a good teammate to have to handle them, especially since it has good synergy with Stunky because some Ghost-types give Abra trouble.</p>

No

way I wouldnt say yes to this ?_?
(QC: 1/2)

EDIT: I run 12 HP/252 Atk/188 SpD/4 Spe on mine just cuz idk. Usually with Adamant too since I've found it doesn't make TOO big a difference. But really I don't much thought into LC EVs so use what you find is better through calcs or something. Adamant should definitely be slashed or mentioned though.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
• faster than common WOWers (Duskull, Frillish)

i dont get the point without Taunt

and it stops all Gastly even with Hypnosis

I'm checking you out right now, Comatt. Niiiiiice ass ;)

Rainbows
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Though Stunky may seem like an offensive trapper, the addition of Eviolite has given it the ability to act as more of a defensive trapper. With the given defensive spread, Stunky's HP and defenses rise to 24 / 18 / 21, which is very solid for any bulky Pokemon in Little Cup. Its typing is also great for trapping Ghost-types, being able to resist Ghost-type attacks while being resistant or neutral to the secondary typing of all Ghost-types in Little Cup, bar the rare Golett. Sucker Punch and Pursuit are very important moves to have, since they allow Stunky to act first if the opponent decides to attack or inflict double damage if they decide to switch, respectively. Crunch is a solid option on Stunky, as Crunch gives it a reliable STAB attack with decent power. However, Taunt is an option over Crunch to prevent Stunky from getting burned from Will-O-Wisps. Finally, Explosion gives Stunky the power to go out with a bang, but Fire Blast is always an option for hitting Steel-types such as Ferroseed.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Due to Stunky's typing and attacks, Scraggy will be a common switch in to this set after Stunky has done its job. Timburr, Mienfoo, and Croagunk are all great options to handle Scraggy, depending on the moveset that it runs. In terms of EVs, Stunky can run a more offensive spread of 12 HP / 252 Atk / 188 SpD / 4 Spe with an Adamant nature, as this only slightly limits Stunky's defensive potential, and in either case, 14 Speed is more than enough to outpace Ghost-types not named Gastly.</p>

<p>Since Stunky loses easily to Steel-types if it doesn't have Fire Blast, Magnemite is a great partner. However, they are both weak to Ground-type attacks, so a Flying-type partner or one with Levitate is also appreciated. Said Flying-types are also appreciated since they fare well against Fighting-type Pokemon that commonly switch into Stunky. And Speaking of Fighting-types, Abra is a good teammate to have to handle these Fighting-types them, and has good synergy with Stunky because Abra can lose to some Ghost-types some Ghost-types give Abra trouble.</p> (You were going so well, until the end there...)

1/2

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Also, as a note, this set should be the first one listed in its analysis (if not the only one) because I feel like the other one is really tailored to handle Missy. But that could be just me.

Also, as a note, this set should be the first one listed in its analysis (if not the only one) because I feel like the other one is really tailored to handle Missy. But that could be just me.
Yes. No one uses the offensive one iirc

Implemented gp 1.

Add Remove

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Though Stunky may seem like an offensive trapper, the addition of Eviolite has given it the ability to act as more of a defensive trapper. With the given defensive spread, Stunky's HP and defenses rise to 24 / 18 / 21, which is very solid for any bulky Pokemon in Little Cup. Its typing is also great for trapping Ghost-types, being able to resist Ghost-type attacks while being resistant or neutral to the secondary typing of all Ghost-types in Little Cup, bar the rare Golett. Sucker Punch and Pursuit are very important moves to have, since they allow Stunky to act first if the opponent decides to attack or and inflict double damage if they decide to switch, respectively. Crunch is a solid option on Stunky, as Crunch gives it a reliable STAB attack with decent power. However, Taunt is an option over Crunch to prevent Stunky from getting burned from by Will-O-Wisps. Finally, Explosion gives Stunky the power to go out with a bang, but Fire Blast is always an option for hitting Steel-types, (comma) such as Ferroseed.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Since Stunky loses easily to Steel-types if it doesn't have Fire Blast, Magnemite is a great partner. However, they are both weak to Ground-type attacks, so a Flying-type partner or one with Levitate is also appreciated. Said Flying-types are also appreciated since they fare well against Fighting-type Pokemon that commonly switch into Stunky. Speaking of Fighting-types, Abra is a good teammate to have to handle them, and especially since it has good synergy with Stunky because some Ghost-types give Abra trouble.</p>

GP Approved 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)