shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

[Overview]

• Movepool almost as big as his tongue
  • Great bulk
  • STAB explosion=Death to all
  • Great supporter and cleric
  • Not as bad-ass looking as Lickitung, who is also bulkier.
  • However, this bulk does not save him from any notable koes, and so leftovers and better attack stats (as well as some exclusive moves) means Lickilicky is preferred.
  • Can run a myriad of sets.
  • Cloud Nine is good, but is incompatible with Wish, Heal Bell, and Curse, meaning his best sets have to run own tempo.

[Set]
    Name: Support
    Move 1: Wish
    Move 2: Protect
    Move 3: Heal Bell
    Move 4: Body Slam/Return/Dragon Tail
    Item: Leftovers
    Abillity: Own Tempo
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD

[Set Comments]
  • Defense EVs means that he is never 1hkoed by Jolly Sawk Close Combat, and the rest is then pumped into special defense, not too sure about whether this should definitely be the main set though.
  • Supports the team with the second biggest Wishes in NU, as well as providing a Cleric.
  • Last move prevents him from being taunt bait as well as set up fodder. Dragon Tail phazes away opponents trying to set up on you, such as Calm Mind Duosion or Dragon Dance Altaria, while Body Slam and Return provide reliable STAB moves, Body Slam having a useful secondary effect and Return having more power.

[Additional Comments]
  • Knock Off is viable with the huge population of eviolite users in NU.
  • Works well in conjunction with hazards and Dragon Tail, Roselia is a good partner for this reason, also resisting the Fighting-type attacks aimed at him.
  • Faces competition from Alomomola in the Wish-Passing department, but Heal Bell and a different typing, as well as much better special defense sets him apart.
  • Sets of 252 HP / 252 Def or 252 HP / 252 SpD are also viable, not too sure about whether to put that as the main set QC guys?
  • Barely any Focus Blast's flying around in NU, so Lickilicky performs better Specially Defensively.
  • Works well with Misdreavus, being immune to Ghost and her being immune to Fighting, as well as one of them being able to carry heal bell meaning a move slot opens up.
  • Misdreavus also acts as a great sawk counter, the bane of Lickilicky.
  • Seismic Toss can also be used in the last slot, stopping Klinklang,Magneton, and more from setting up a sub on him.

[Set]
    Name: CurseTalk
    Move 1: Curse
    Move 2: Dragon Tail
    Move 3: Rest
    Move 4: Sleep Talk
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Own Tempo
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def / 252 spD

[Set Comments]
  • Slow, bulky tank who can rip apart teams with enough boosts.
  • EVs maximize special bulk as it is not being boosted.
  • Dragon Tail is the only attack on here as nothing is immune to it and it is only resisted by steels.

[Additional Comments]
  • Magneton support helps to remove all that resists Dragon-Tail
  • Greatly appreciates hazard support, and so partners well with spike setters such as Roselia.
  • Acts to spread residual damage to your opponent
  • Also cannot run Cloud Nine for illegality issues.

[Other Options]
  • Other boosting moves like Swords Dance, Belly Drum, Amnesia and Work Up.
  • Counter
  • Earthquake to stop Klink setting up
  • Power Whip for bulky Waters such as quagsire and rhydon.
  • Toxic, fairly efficient as a status spreader
  • Protect Disable, although really too slow
  • STAB explosion wrecks shit
  • Banded set could work, providing the power to ko much more stuff, hit a lot harder and surprise many things (e.g. magneton getting met by a CB eq on the switch thinking it can set up) This requires a lot of prediction however, and he is still fairly weak for a CBer and very slow . Choice Band STAB explosion is Basically a free kill against those who don't resist it.
  • A Cloud Nine set is possible, but he misses out on so many key moves.

[Checks and Counters]
  • All Fighting-types, especially Sawk.
  • As mentioned, Magneton and Klinklang can come in and set up a sub
  • Can be worn down through hazards and constantly being forced out (i.e. through double switching or U-turning/Volt Switching)
  • Taunt and Trick screw it over.
  • Generally really hard hitters can take it out.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If you mention Explosion in the overview, you should probably mention it in the analysis. Might be worth just mentioning a CB set in the OO, with Return / Earthquake / Power Whip / Explosion or something? Power Whip should have a load of different slashes, and i mentioned it primarily because of Quagsire / Alomomola.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you mention Explosion in the overview, you should probably mention it in the analysis. Might be worth just mentioning a CB set in the OO, with Return / Earthquake / Power Whip / Explosion or something? Power Whip should have a load of different slashes, and i mentioned it primarily because of Quagsire / Alomomola.
Ah Yes I was meaning to actually, but I had to rush the end bit. I actually noticed it wasn't in there and was planning to add it now but you beat me too it, thanks. CB does sound interesting if just for the surprise value what with all the bulky wtaers and rhydon aeound, will add it in!

Sleep Talk + Cloud Nine is legal in the 5th generation since Sleep Talk's an egg move for Lickilicky. Might want to add it for the cursing set.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Ice-eyes if you decide SD is a good set just post it here and it can be added, this is me approving everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)