Heatmor (GP 2/2)

Endorfins

Your Worst Nightmare
is a Contributor Alumnus
Heatmor

[Overview]

<p>BW is synonymous with sheer power; more specifically, the release of insanely powerful Fire-types with huge offensive stats topping base 140. However, not all Fire-types were gifted with such great stats, and with that in mind, the people at Game Freak came up with Heatmor. Even in the languid depths of the NU tier, Heatmor struggles to make itself stand out in any way. Its mediocre offensive stats are only compounded by its terrible Speed and almost non-existent defenses. Heatmor takes hits about as well as a matchstick, not to mention that due to its poor typing, entry hazards will strip away up to half of its health. On the other hand, Heatmor does have a couple of redeeming characteristics: it has a decent movepool, which includes priority, as well as an ability that provides it with a much-needed immunity and a possible power boost. However, if you're looking for an offensive Fire-type, there will almost always be better options to choose from.</p>

[SET]
name: Mixed Attacker
move 1: Fire Blast
move 2: Sucker Punch
move 3: Focus Blast
move 4: Hone Claws / Hidden Power Grass
item: Life Orb
ability: Flash Fire
nature: Rash
evs: 132 Atk / 252 SpA / 124 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set is really the best Heatmor can muster from its mediocre stats and movepool, and truth be told, it isn't that great. Fire Blast is Heatmor's strongest move coming off Heatmor's best stat, so it's only natural that it should take the first slot. With full Special Attack investment and a Life Orb, it can hit quite hard. Heatmor's best specially based coverage move is Focus Blast, which in addition to excellent Base Power, has decent coverage in NU. Thankfully, Game Freak blessed Heatmor with a way to bypass its terrible Speed, namely Sucker Punch, which also becomes quite powerful after a couple of Attack boosts. Hone Claws is Heatmor's best boosting move and synchronizes well with its other moves: the accuracy boost remedies the main flaw of Fire Blast and Focus Blast, while the Attack boost raises the power of Sucker Punch. However, Heatmor's poor defenses often prevent it from setting up, so Hidden Power Grass can be used in the last slot to surprise Water-types hoping to switch in on Fire Blast.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The Attack and Special Attack EVs maximize Heatmor's mixed attacking potential, while the Speed EVs let Heatmor get the jump on uninvested base 80 Speed foes, such as Mesprit. A Rash nature also helps Heatmor to hit harder off its higher attacking stat. The loss in defensive potential is negligible as most attacks are likely to OHKO or 2HKO regardless of the stat drop. The choice of item also follows this principle: a Life Orb gives Heatmor more power, while the drop in bulk is inconsequential. Heatmor's ability, Flash Fire, is its saving grace; it gives Heatmor a single immunity and a potential power boost from switching into the common Fire-type attacks in NU.</p>

<p>Attempting to make Heatmor succeed is a huge task for its teammates. Firstly, Rapid Spin support is very useful in helping Heatmor to set up, as entry hazards, such as Stealth Rock, severely cripple it. Heatmor also appreciates any method of extending its life span; dual screens, Wish, and Baton Pass support all help in preventing Heatmor from being dead weight. Teammates that can switch into Heatmor's weaknesses are also required: Cacturne can switch into Water- and Ground-type moves and set up Spikes to help wear down the opposition, while Torterra can take on the EdgeQuake combo that threatens Heatmor. Additionally, both of these teammates attract Fire-type moves for Heatmor to switch in on.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Heatmor has access to another boosting move in Curse, but unfortunately, the only advantage it has over Hone Claws—a Defense boost—is one that Heatmor can rarely take advantage of. Other options to improve Heatmor's longevity include Will-O-Wisp and Inferno to cripple physical attackers; both can take advantage of the Accuracy boost provided by Hone Claws. To improve Heatmor's chances of outspeeding its opponents, Heatmor can either utilize a Choice Scarf, or try to paralyze the opponent with Body Slam. However, Heatmor already has a powerful priority move, so any Speed-boosting attempts are often of little use. Finally, Heatmor can attempt to further boost its attacking power. Sunny Day is a well-distributed move that Heatmor can use to decent effect; intense sunlight boosts Fire Blast's power and allows Heatmor to use SolarBeam effectively. If equipped with Heat Rock, Heatmor can support Chlorophyll abusers and possibly set up for a sweep.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The NU tier is no stranger to offensive Fire-types, and as a result, there are plenty of commonly used Pokemon in the tier that can easily defeat Heatmor. Camerupt stands out as one of the best counters to Heatmor, as it resists Heatmor's STAB moves and can wipe Heatmor out with Earth Power or Roar it out as it attempts to Sucker Punch. Most of the Dragon-types in the tier can comfortably take on Heatmor as well. In particular, Altaria's enormous Special Defense lets it sponge hits from Heatmor and either start setting up or just KO Heatmor. Bulky Water-type Pokemon also resist Heatmor's STAB attacks and can retaliate with their own super effective STAB attacks. Samurott and Floatzel have Aqua Jet to bypass Sucker Punch so they can KO Heatmor without being forced into prediction mind games. If for some reason, nothing on your team can safely switch into Heatmor, then there are always methods to revenge kill it. Most healthy Choice Scarf users can survive a Sucker Punch and eliminate Heatmor, while priority, such as Absol's own Sucker Punch, can remove the anteater.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>White Smoke is Heatmor's Dream World ability. Aside from the fact that stat lowering moves are rarely used, Heatmor is much better off with Flash Fire.</p>

I think the EVs are fine really, not much else to do with it imo. Also, what good is Return honestly doing? At least use Hp Rock or something, so it's actually hurting shit. Un-stabbed Return off a barely invested attack is pretty pitiful, especially without Hone Claws. Also just mention Flamethrower somewhere, for the whole accuracy v. power thing. I know Hone Claws is supposed to remedy it, but if you choose to not run it some people still prefer the accuracy.

breh

強いだね
you know your life sucks when you're outclassed by simisear.

Run toxic in the last slot?

mention hone claws + inferno (iirc the only mon that can do that bar the dropping charizard)?

Endorfins

Your Worst Nightmare
is a Contributor Alumnus
You need at least two hone claws to get inferno to reach a similar accuracy to Stone Edge... Fire Blast is stronger and has better accuracy, Heatmor never finds time to set up two hone claws

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You should probably emphasise Flash Fire a little more, since it gives Heatmor the opportunity to come in on Choiced Magmortar, Rapidash, Emboar and most Will-O-Wisp users and set up a Hone Claws or Substitute. It contributes significantly to Heatmor's only real niche and gives it a much easier time setting up, so it should probably have some mention in the overview.

Endorfins

Your Worst Nightmare
is a Contributor Alumnus
Flash Fire is ready in the set comments
I though the DW ability was ready released but thanks

You need at least two hone claws to get inferno to reach a similar accuracy to Stone Edge... Fire Blast is stronger and has better accuracy, Heatmor never finds time to set up two hone claws

So say that in OO then. It has a niche using x, but the niche doesn't work well because of z (x being Hone Claws + Inferno, z being what you just said).

AFAIK, OO is for stuff that won't work well, just as much as it is for stuff that can work, even if either options are gimmicky.

I'd also mention Curse in OO, but say why Hone Claws is better (accuracy boost to Fire Blast/Focus Blast is appreciated more, lack of physical STAB to abuse the attack boost, and its defences are bad anyway). Same with RestTalk, it has bad defences.

Shame this thing sucks, I actually think it looks cool.

At least aim to outspeed some walls with the EV-Spread I say. Considering you're already running Focus Blast & Fire Blast, I'd drop HP Rock and go for either Grass/Electric/Ground/Ice. Grass for Water types (although it won't dent em for much), same with Electric. Only real difference is hit Quagsire/Carracosta or hit Mantine. Ground could be handy vs opposing Fire/Rock/..., but redundant with Focus Blast + the latter ain't affected by Balloon or Solid Rock on Camerupt. Aside from that, with entry hazard so hard to dislodge courtesy of mostly crappy spinners in NU, it shouldn't be too hard to get SR on the foe's field. Ice is for Altaria only if that Pokémon is of concern to you.

All in all: HP's are very specific here, so I'd definitely only keep me as a secondary option.

Perhaps a Sunny Day set could work, but that's really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Sunny Day/Fire Blast/Solar Beam/Sucker Punch might allow it to amp up its power & deal hefty damage with high power moves. Priority to boot can't hurt either. Alas, even +Sp Atk Life Orb'd Solar Beam is only a 2HKO on Slowking. He might pull it off though with Sunny Day weakening water moves to survive another turn... Stuff for OO I think.

Endorfins

Your Worst Nightmare
is a Contributor Alumnus
AFAIK, OO is for stuff that won't work well, just as much as it is for stuff that can work, even if either options are gimmicky.
Well Heatmor has Bug Bite in its movepool even though that wont work well, does it deserve an OO mention? Im going to have to cut the line somewhere and inferno just isnt worth it, after two hone claws, Sucker Punch (a priority move) will have a similar damage output to Inferno and Fire Blast is still stronger, if you want to burn opponents then just use Will-O-Wisp. It is totally outclassed by the moves Heatmor already has. Ill mention Curse as that actually has a niche in boosting its pathetic defenses but ResTalk is just no, basically every other pokemon with ResTalk does it better
As for the Hidden Powers, I will add them into OO and let QC decide which one is worth a slash. Sunny Day will get a OO mention as Heatmor really needs to boost its terrible offenses and use a better move then HP Grass

Er, don't get narky, I'm only trying to help. Some other analyses mention some really bad stuff, so don't get on my back about it when I'm only basing it on what other people are including.

In future I won't bother trying to help if I'm going to be met by hostility.

Endorfins

Your Worst Nightmare
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't see how I was targeting you in anyway...
I just gave my reasoning as to why Inferno was totally outclassed by the other moves Heatmor has. But since others have mentioned it and Heatmor really doesn't have anything else to do, I'll mention it.

I probably misinterpreted the tone wrongly, my bad (damn internets can be tricky, but the first sentence seemed sarcastic). You can put in whatever you feel deserves to be mentioned, like I said, I was only basing my suggestions on what other people have put in their OO.

And with that, I won't spam again :)

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The EVs should at least aim to outspeed min spe 70s or 80s imo, since thats basically all of the walls. Take the EVs from attack, since you're boosting it with Hone Claws anyway. Once you change that I'll stamp.

[Overview]

<p>The fifth generationBW is synonymous with sheer power; more specifically, the release of insanely powerful Fire-types with huge offensive stats even topping base 140. However, not all Fire-types were gifted with such great stats, and with that in mind, the people at Game Freak came up with Heatmor. Even in the languid depths of the NeveruUsed tier, Heatmor struggles to make itself stand out in any way. HiIts mediocre offensive stats are only compounded by hiits terrible Speed and almost non-existent defenses. Heatmor takes hits about as well as a matchstick, not to mention entry hazards will strip away up to half of his health due to his poor typingthat due to its poor typing, entry hazards will strip away up to half of its health. On the other hand, Heatmor does have a couple of redeeming characteristics, he: it has a decent movepool, which includes priority, as well as having an ability that provides it with a much -needed immunity and a possible power boost. However, if you're looking for an offensive Fire-type, then there will almost always be better options to choose from.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set is really the best Heatmor can muster from its mediocre stats and movepool, and truth be told, it isn't that great. Fire Blast is Heatmor's strongest move coming off Heatmor's best stat, so it's only natural that it should be intake the first slot. With full Special Attack investment and a Life Orb, it can hit quite hard. Heatmor's best Sspecially based coverage move is Focus Blast, which has decent coverage in NU along with being one of Heatmor's most powerful movesin addition to excellent Base Power, has decent coverage in NU. Thankfully, Game Freak blessed Heatmor with a way to bypass its terrible Speed, namely, Sucker Punch, which is also becomes quite powerful after a couple of Attack boosts. Hone Claws is Heatmor's best boosting move and synchronizes well with its other moves. T: the Accuracy boost remedies the main flaw of Fire Blast and Focus Blast's frustrating accuracy, while the Attack boost raises the power of Sucker Punch. However, Heatmor's poor defenses often prevent it from setting up, so Hidden Power Grass can be used in the last slot to surprise Water-types hoping to switch in on Fire Blast.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The Attack and Special Attack EVs maximisze Heatmor's mixed attacking potential while the Speed EVs let Heatmor get the jump on uninvested base 80s Speed foes, such as Mesprit. A Rash nature also helps Heatmor to hit harder off its higher attacking stat. The loss in defensive potential is negligible as most attacks are likely to OHKO or 2HKO regardless of how much investment it hasthe stat drop. The choice of item also follows this principle,: a Life Orb gives Heatmor more power and takes away from its poor bulk, while the drop in bulk is inconsequential. Heatmor's ability, Flash Fire, is its saving grace,; it gives Heatmor a single immunity and a potential power boost from switching into the common Fire-type attacks being wielded in NU.</p>

<p>Attempting to make Heatmor succeed is a huge task for its teammates. Firstly, a Rapid Spinner is very useful in helping Heatmor to set up, as entry hazards, such as Stealth Rock, severely cripple it. Heatmor also appreciates any methods of extending its life span; Ddual Sscreens, Wish, and Baton Pass support all help in preventing Heatmor from being dead weight. Teammates that can switch into Heatmor's weaknesses are also required,: Cacturne can switch into Water- and Ground-type moves and set up Spikes to help wear down the opposition, while Torterra can take on the EdgeQuake combo that threatens Heatmor. BAdditionally, both of these teammates attract Fire-type moves for Heatmor to switch in on.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Heatmor has access to another boosting move in Curse, but unfortunately, the only advantage it has over Hone Claws (a Defense boost) is one that Heatmor can rarely take advantage of. Other options to improve Heatmor's longevity include Will-O-Wisp and Inferno to cripple physical attackers,; both can take advantage of the aAccuracy boost offerprovided by Hone Claws. To improve Heatmor's chances of outspeeding its opponents, Heatmor can either equip itself withutilize a Choice Scarf, or try to paralyze the opponent with Body Slam, h. However, Heatmor already has a powerful priority move, so any Speed -boosting attempts are often of little use. Finally, Heatmor can attempt to further boost its attacking power,. Sunny Day is a well -distributed move that Heatmor can use to decent effect, Sun; intense sunlight boosts Fire Blast's power and allows Heatmor to use SolarBeam effectively, i. If equipped with Heat Rock, Heatmor can support Chlorophyll abusers and possibly set up a sweep.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The NU tier is no stranger to offensive Fire-types, and as a result, there are plenty of commonly used Pokemon in the tier that can easily defeat Heatmor. Camerupt stands out as one of the best hard counters to Heatmor, as it resists Heatmor's STAB moves and can wipe out Heatmor out with Earth Power or Roar it out as it attempts to Sucker Punch. Most of the Dragon'-types in the tier can comfortably take on Heatmor especiallyas well. In particular, Altaria, it's enormous Special Defense lets it sponge hits from Heatmor and either start setting up or just killKO Heatmor. Bulky Water-type Pokemon also resist Heatmor's STAB attacks and can replytaliate with their own super effective STAB attacks,. Samurott and Floatzel's have Aqua Jet canto bypass Sucker Punch so they can KO Heatmor without being forced into prediction mind games. If for some reason, nothing on your team can safely switch into Heatmor, then there are always methods to revenge kill it, most. Most healthy Choice Scarf users can survive a Sucker Punch and eliminate Heatmor, while Ppriority, such as Absol's own Sucker Punch, can remove the anteater.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>White Smoke is Heatmor's Dream World Aability. Aside from the fact that stat lowering moves are rarely used, Heatmor is much better off with Flash Fire.</p>

1/2

[Overview]

<p>BW is synonymous with sheer power; more specifically, the release of insanely powerful Fire-types with huge offensive stats topping base 140. However, not all Fire-types were gifted with such great stats, and with that in mind, the people at Game Freak came up with Heatmor. Even in the languid depths of the NeverUsed tier, Heatmor struggles to make itself stand out in any way. Its mediocre offensive stats are only compounded by its terrible Speed and almost non-existent defenses. Heatmor takes hits about as well as a matchstick, not to mention that due to its poor typing, entry hazards will strip away up to half of its health. On the other hand, Heatmor does have a couple of redeeming characteristics: it has a decent movepool, which includes priority, as well as an ability that provides it with a much-needed immunity and a possible power boost. However, if you're looking for an offensive Fire-type, there will almost always be better options to choose from.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set is really the best Heatmor can muster from its mediocre stats and movepool, and truth be told, it isn't that great. Fire Blast is Heatmor's strongest move coming off Heatmor's best stat, so it's only natural that it should take the first slot. With full Special Attack investment and a Life Orb, it can hit quite hard. Heatmor's best specially based coverage move is Focus Blast, which in addition to excellent Base Power, has decent coverage in NU. Thankfully, Game Freak blessed Heatmor with a way to bypass its terrible Speed, namely Sucker Punch, which also becomes quite powerful after a couple of Attack boosts. Hone Claws is Heatmor's best boosting move and synchronizes well with its other moves: the Accuracy boost remedies the main flaw of Fire Blast and Focus Blast, while the Attack boost raises the power of Sucker Punch. However, Heatmor's poor defenses often prevent it from setting up, so Hidden Power Grass can be used in the last slot to surprise Water-types hoping to switch in on Fire Blast.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The Attack and Special Attack EVs maximize Heatmor's mixed attacking potential while the Speed EVs let Heatmor get the jump on uninvested base 80 Speed foes, such as Mesprit. A Rash nature also helps Heatmor to hit harder off its higher attacking stat. The loss in defensive potential is negligible as most attacks are likely to OHKO or 2HKO regardless of the stat drop. The choice of item also follows this principle: a Life Orb gives Heatmor more power, while the drop in bulk is inconsequential. Heatmor's ability, Flash Fire, is its saving grace; it gives Heatmor a single immunity and a potential power boost from switching into the common Fire-type attacks in NU.</p>

<p>Attempting to make Heatmor succeed is a huge task for its teammates. Firstly, a Rapid Spinner is very useful in helping Heatmor to set up, as entry hazards, such as Stealth Rock, severely cripple it. Heatmor also appreciates any method of extending its life span; dual screens, Wish, and Baton Pass support all help in preventing Heatmor from being dead weight. Teammates that can switch into Heatmor's weaknesses are also required: Cacturne can switch into Water- and Ground-type moves and set up Spikes to help wear down the opposition, while Torterra can take on the EdgeQuake combo that threatens Heatmor. Additionally, both of these teammates attract Fire-type moves for Heatmor to switch in on.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Heatmor has access to another boosting move in Curse, but unfortunately, the only advantage it has over Hone Claws—a Defense boost—is one that Heatmor can rarely take advantage of. Other options to improve Heatmor's longevity include Will-O-Wisp and Inferno to cripple physical attackers; both can take advantage of the Accuracy boost provided by Hone Claws. To improve Heatmor's chances of outspeeding its opponents, Heatmor can either utilize a Choice Scarf, or try to paralyze the opponent with Body Slam. However, Heatmor already has a powerful priority move, so any Speed-boosting attempts are often of little use. Finally, Heatmor can attempt to further boost its attacking power. Sunny Day is a well-distributed move that Heatmor can use to decent effect; intense sunlight boosts Fire Blast's power and allows Heatmor to use SolarBeam effectively. If equipped with Heat Rock, Heatmor can support Chlorophyll abusers and possibly set up a sweep.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>The NU tier is no stranger to offensive Fire-types, and as a result, there are plenty of commonly used Pokemon in the tier that can easily defeat Heatmor. Camerupt stands out as one of the best counters to Heatmor, as it resists Heatmor's STAB moves and can wipe Heatmor out with Earth Power or Roar it out as it attempts to Sucker Punch. Most of the Dragon-types in the tier can comfortably take on Heatmor as well. In particular, Altaria's enormous Special Defense lets it sponge hits from Heatmor and either start setting up or just KO Heatmor. Bulky Water-type Pokemon also resist Heatmor's STAB attacks and can retaliate with their own super effective STAB attacks. Samurott and Floatzel have Aqua Jet to bypass Sucker Punch so they can KO Heatmor without being forced into prediction mind games. If for some reason, nothing on your team can safely switch into Heatmor, then there are always methods to revenge kill it. Most healthy Choice Scarf users can survive a Sucker Punch and eliminate Heatmor, while priority, such as Absol's own Sucker Punch, can remove the anteater.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>White Smoke is Heatmor's Dream World ability. Aside from the fact that stat lowering moves are rarely used, Heatmor is much better off with Flash Fire.</p>

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Placeholder. Checking this.

EDIT:

Heatmor

[Overview]

<p>BW is synonymous with sheer power; more specifically, the release of insanely powerful Fire-types with huge offensive stats topping base 140. However, not all Fire-types were gifted with such great stats, and with that in mind, the people at Game Freak came up with Heatmor. Even in the languid depths of the NeverUsed NU tier, Heatmor struggles to make itself stand out in any way. Its mediocre offensive stats are only compounded by its terrible Speed and almost non-existent defenses. Heatmor takes hits about as well as a matchstick, not to mention that due to its poor typing, entry hazards will strip away up to half of its health. On the other hand, Heatmor does have a couple of redeeming characteristics: it has a decent movepool, which includes priority, as well as an ability that provides it with a much-needed immunity and a possible power boost. However, if you're looking for an offensive Fire-type, there will almost always be better options to choose from.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set is really the best Heatmor can muster from its mediocre stats and movepool, and truth be told, it isn't that great. Fire Blast is Heatmor's strongest move coming off Heatmor's best stat, so it's only natural that it should take the first slot. With full Special Attack investment and a Life Orb, it can hit quite hard. Heatmor's best specially based coverage move is Focus Blast, which in addition to excellent Base Power, has decent coverage in NU. Thankfully, Game Freak blessed Heatmor with a way to bypass its terrible Speed, namely Sucker Punch, which also becomes quite powerful after a couple of Attack boosts. Hone Claws is Heatmor's best boosting move and synchronizes well with its other moves: the Accuracy accuracy boost remedies the main flaw of Fire Blast and Focus Blast, while the Attack boost raises the power of Sucker Punch. However, Heatmor's poor defenses often prevent it from setting up, so Hidden Power Grass can be used in the last slot to surprise Water-types hoping to switch in on Fire Blast.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The Attack and Special Attack EVs maximize Heatmor's mixed attacking potential,[add comma] while the Speed EVs let Heatmor get the jump on uninvested base 80 Speed foes, such as Mesprit. A Rash nature also helps Heatmor to hit harder off its higher attacking stat. The loss in defensive potential is negligible as most attacks are likely to OHKO or 2HKO regardless of the stat drop. The choice of item also follows this principle: a Life Orb gives Heatmor more power, while the drop in bulk is inconsequential. Heatmor's ability, Flash Fire, is its saving grace; it gives Heatmor a single immunity and a potential power boost from switching into the common Fire-type attacks in NU.</p>

<p>Attempting to make Heatmor succeed is a huge task for its teammates. Firstly, a Rapid Spinner Rapid Spin support is very useful in helping Heatmor to set up, as entry hazards, such as Stealth Rock, severely cripple it. Heatmor also appreciates any method of extending its life span; dual screens, Wish, and Baton Pass support all help in preventing Heatmor from being dead weight. Teammates that can switch into Heatmor's weaknesses are also required: Cacturne can switch into Water- and Ground-type moves and set up Spikes to help wear down the opposition, while Torterra can take on the EdgeQuake combo that threatens Heatmor. Additionally, both of these teammates attract Fire-type moves for Heatmor to switch in on.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Heatmor has access to another boosting move in Curse, but unfortunately, the only advantage it has over Hone Claws—a Defense boost—is one that Heatmor can rarely take advantage of. Other options to improve Heatmor's longevity include Will-O-Wisp and Inferno to cripple physical attackers; both can take advantage of the Accuracy boost provided by Hone Claws. To improve Heatmor's chances of outspeeding its opponents, Heatmor can either utilize a Choice Scarf, or try to paralyze the opponent with Body Slam. However, Heatmor already has a powerful priority move, so any Speed-boosting attempts are often of little use. Finally, Heatmor can attempt to further boost its attacking power. Sunny Day is a well-distributed move that Heatmor can use to decent effect; intense sunlight boosts Fire Blast's power and allows Heatmor to use SolarBeam effectively. If equipped with Heat Rock, Heatmor can support Chlorophyll abusers and possibly set up for a sweep.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

[Dream World]

GP Approved 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)