Crawdaunt (QC: 0/2)

[Overview]

<p>Crawdaunt is a decent water/dark type Pokemon. With some support, it can be exceptionally effective in the VGC Metagame. However, Crawdaunt suffers a couple drawbacks. It's frail, and competes with similar Pokemon such as Kingler. It's dark typing gives it more weaknesses, which makes it more vulnerable.</p>

[SET]
name: Physical Attacker
move 1: Crunch
move 2: Crabhammer
move 3: X-Scissor / Rock Slide
move 4: Protect
item: Life Orb / Focus Sash
ability: Hyper Cutter
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set gives Crawdaunt an opprotunity to make up for it's common weaknessses. STAB Crunch and Crabhammer give the team support against Pokemon weak to those moves. X-Scissor takes care of grass Pokemon that give Crawdaunt trouble, while Rock Slide can deal good damage to Thundurus and Zapdos. </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Crawdaunt's EV spread is a very basic max Attack max Speed selection. The decision between Adamant and Jolly can be a tough one. Adamant seems to be more common, due to Crawdaunt lacking comparable speed to Pokemon that threaten it. Jolly will make it faster, and due to it's lacking defenses, it also isn't a bad choice. Some Pokemon that work well with Crawdaunt, are Heracross, Cresselia, among others.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>When it comes to items, Wacan or Chople berry can work to cover Crawdaunt's defenses. Waterfall is another optional STAB water move that ensures a hit with it's 100 Base Accuracy. Night Slash is an optional STAB dark move that is more likely to crit.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Crawdaunt has a lot of trouble with Conkeldurr, Hariyama, and Raikou. Conkeldurr and Hariyama nearly completely wall Crawdaunt, and Raikou's access to Reflect makes it hard to deal exceptional damage completely. Crawdaunt does well against Rhperior, Golem, and Hippowdon, solely due to their typing.</p>

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
No mention of Adaptability?

Also, from the Reservations thread:

"You can only have three analysis that have not yet passed Quality Control at a time, if you already have three please wait till one of them passes Quality Control before reserving any more Pokemon."

You currently have 4.

No mention of Adaptability?

Also, from the Reservations thread:

"You can only have three analysis that have not yet passed Quality Control at a time, if you already have three please wait till one of them passes Quality Control before reserving any more Pokemon."

You currently have 4.
Oh, sorry. I read all of the rules, I must of missed that. I won't make any more til I get these ones approved.

Thanks

Crawdaunt NEEDS a trick room set.

Also, there shouldn't be any set NOT running Adaptability. That thing is godsend and makes my favourite mon actually viable. Also, with Adaptability, X-Scissor hits nothing much harder than a STAB Crabhammer OR Waterfall. Waterfall needs to be slashed in anywhere there is Crabhammer as the two are personal preference choices, not really something for OO. Night slash works in OO since it only hopes for crit hax, but waterfall has the added benefit of 30% flinch on top of 100% accuracy. And adaptability really makes the 10 difference in power mute.

The other great thing about TR Daunt is that you can throw EV's into Defence or HP. Crawdaunt doesn't get much out of gaining SpDef EV's, and the problem with HP is that it's not the optimal way to reduce physical damage. Considering no EV investment will make up for his SpA frailty, Def EV's are the way to go. That said, 252 Atk/252 Def is solid on Brave nature. You'd be surprised (as would your opponent) how bulky a defensive crawdaunt can be.

Other thing, definitely need to add rain support as an option. Adaptability+Rain+Life Orb+Crabhammer = goodbye everything.

I'd add that investing in speed is useless unless you use Tailwind, as Crawdaunt is too slow to hit first in most cases, and too frail to fire back. Even with a scarf and jolly nature he only outspeeds base 105, which is fast... but not fast enough for a scarfer. You'd be better off investing in defence (unless using tailwind).

Adaptability Crawdaunt is just so -______- annoying.
Seconding all the above recommendations, as well as having Guillotine at least in OO, as Crawdaunt can't do much outside of any Adaptability boosted attack.

Adaptability Crawdaunt is just so -______- annoying.
Seconding all the above recommendations, as well as having Guillotine at least in OO, as Crawdaunt can't do much outside of any Adaptability boosted attack.
lmao. Guillotine? Not something I would think of for other options, but yeah I guess that's not a terrible mention. 30% chance for 1HKO on anything (or 100% on Machamp). One thing I'd note about Guillotine is that you can't have someone use something like sweet scent before it hits, as guillotine ignores changes to accuracy and evasion.

I'd say Rock Slide and Protect are good options on Daunt though.

The other option you could use is take advantage of Crawdaunt's base 90 special stat and invest into special attack for mixed maybe using surf, hydro pump or ice beam/Blizzard (if you wanted dual weather with Toad and Snow for coverage on Dragon/Flying or Garchomp). Dual weather is a pretty solid VGC strategy so that's actually pretty notable.

Crawdaunt also gets access to taunt and swagger so either could be useful as an option on a team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)