Squash the Minions Practice! Ullar attempts to squash Objection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
RULES
1v2 Squash
2 Recovers / 5 Chills
3 Day DQ
Items ON
ALL Abilities
ONE Substitution

ARENA: The Battle Colosseum

The Battle Colosseum is a massive Colosseum built to mimic the ancient Roman ones. The arena effects are exactly the same as the ones used in the standard tournament arena--that is, there are no arena effects whatsoever. Some splattered blood is present from past gladiatorial fights, resisting the efforts of even the best cleaners. The crowd is a rather violent one--after all, if you're coming to watch this spectacle, you've got to be violent. In order to make this fight more fair, and by extension, more bloody, the team of two is squashed beforehand to precisely 50% HP and 50% Energy so the real squashing will be more exciting.

ULLARWARLORD

<Charizard> [Mimring] (Male)
Nature: Lonely (+Att, -Def)
Type: Fire/Flying
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks except under the effects of Smack Down and Gravity, even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Will always hit foes with Dig (except other Flying types) and Dive. Cannot be hit by Dive unless the attacking Pokemon has a size class greater than four (4). Immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Blaze: (Type: Innate)
When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)

Solar Power: (Type: Innate) [DW, Unlocked]
When in bright sunlight, this Pokemon burns solar energy and 1 HP/action to increase the Base Attack Power of all their special attacks by two (2)

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2 (-)
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 100
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 20
Total Moves: 23

EC: 9/9
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
Heat Wave
Dragon Claw
Shadow Claw
Air Slash
Scratch(*)
Growl(*)
Ember(*)
Smokescreen(*)
Dragon Rage(*)
Scary Face(*)
Fire Fang(*)
Flamethrower
Inferno
Fire Spin

Dragon Dance(*)
Dragon Rush(*)
Metal Claw(*)
Flare Blitz
Counter
Ancientpower

Brick Break(*)
Dig(*)
Hone Claws(*)
Sunny Day
Fire Blast
Hidden Power Ground 7

Thunderpunch
Seismic Toss

Fire Pledge

OBJECTION

Honchkrow (*) [Facilier] (M)
Nature: Rash (+Special Attack, -Special Defence)

Type: Dark/Flying
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks except under the effects of Smack Down and Gravity, even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Will always hit foes with Dig (except other Flying types) and Dive. Cannot be hit by Dive unless the attacking Pokemon has a size class greater than four (4). Immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Stats:
HP: 110
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 71
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 20
Moves: 35

EC: 6/6
MC: 0

Abilities:
Insomnia: (Innate) This Pokemon is immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. It's normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.
Super Luck: (Innate) This Pokemon’s natural skill increases its critical hit levels one stage above other Pokemon, making its normal moves inflict critical hits 12.5% of the time and its high critical hit moves inflict critical hits 25% of the time.
Moxie (DW UNLOCKED): (Innate) This Pokemon gets psyched after it earns a KO on an opposing Pokemon, increasing its attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Attacks:
Peck (*)
Astonish (*)
Pursuit (*)
Haze (*)
Wing Attack (*)
Night Shade (*)
Assurance (*)
Sucker Punch
Swagger
Night Slash
Torment
Quash
Dark Pulse
Mean Look
Tailwind

Confuse Ray (*)
Faint Attack (*)
Whirlwind (*)
Roost
Sky Attack
Perish Song
Brave Bird
Psycho Shift
Drill Peck

Taunt (*)
Aerial Ace (*)
Snarl (*)
Hidden Power Ground 7
Payback
Snatch
Thunder Wave
Fly

Heat Wave
Superpower
Icy Wind

Medicham (*) [Frollo] (M)
Nature: Jolly (+Speed, -Special Attack)

Type: Fighting/Psychic
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw. Superior reaction time in close quarters.
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2 [5 with Pure Power]
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 92 (+) (Accuracy boost: 10% (9.7287356321839080459770114942529% unrounded))
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 18
Moves: 30

EC: 6/6
MC: 1

Abilities:
Pure Power: (Trait) This Pokemon has immense inner strength that grows with its development, raising its Attack by 1 Rank for each evolution level (Baby = 1, Basic = 2, Stage 1 = 3). If Skill Swapped, the swapped Pokemon's Attack is only raised by one Rank.
Telepathy (DW UNLOCKED): (Innate) This Pokemon has a mental link with its allies in multiple allies, allowing it to avoid taking damage from attacks that affect the whole field like Earthquake and Surf.

Attacks:
Bide (*)
Meditate (*)
Confusion (*)
Detect (*)
Hidden Power Fighting 6 (*)
Swagger
Mind Reader (*)
Feint (*)
Calm Mind (*)
Force Palm
Recover
Hi Jump Kick
Reversal

Drain Punch (*)
Ice Punch (*)
ThunderPunch (*)
Fire Punch
Foresight
Bullet Punch
Fake Out

Bulk Up (*)
Brick Break (*)
Rock Slide(*)
Telekinesis
Low Sweep

Magic Coat
Zen Headbutt
Counter
Pain Split
Endure

Dispel

TURN ORDER
UllarWarlord equips a squashing device.
Objection counter-equips and attempts to squash UllarWarlod.
UllarWarlord counter-squashes.
Engineer refs the squashing.

All right. Facilier will be equipped with a Sharp Beak, while Frollo will have an Expert Belt.

Facilier: Thunder Wave - Combo: Peck + Drill Peck - Cooldown
If he uses Counter on action 2, change action 2 to Torment and action 3 to Brave Bird

Frollo: Fake Out - Rock Slide - ThunderPunch
If he uses Counter on action 2 or action 3, change that action to Confusion

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus

Mimring (M)
Heat Rock
HP: 100 | EN: 100
4 / 2 / 4 / 3
Speed: 100
SC: 3 | WC: 4
Blaze + Solar Power
|

Facilier (M) | Frollo (M)
Sharp Beak |
Expert Belt
HP: 55 | HP: 50
EN: 50 | EN: 50
5 / 2 / 5 / 1 | 5 / 3 / 1 / 3
SC:2 / WC:3 | SC:3 / WC:3
Spe: 71 | Spe: 92
Insomnia + Super Luck + Moxie | Pure Power + Telepathy
N/A | +10% Accuracy

BEGIN ROUND ONE

Mimring is supposed to be the one squashing the minions, but it seems as if the minions are squashing him! Mimring is rendered unable to move two out of three times, and it is also paralyzed, to boot! Has the Colosseum guard been to light on roughing up the minions, or is Mimring simply not the best Pokemon for this job?

END ROUND ONE
Action One
Frollo used Fake Out!

(4 + 4.5) * 1 = 8.5 ~ 9 damage
-3 energy
Mimring flinched!
Facilier used Thunder Wave!
Mimring became paralyzed!
-7 energy

Action Two
Frollo used Rock Slide!

RNG Roll (To-Crit) (<=63 Yes) 657/1000 (No)
RNG Roll (To-Flinch) (<=300 Yes) 90/1000 (Yes)
(8 + 4.5 + 2) * 2.25 = 32.625 ~ 33 damage
-6 energy
Mimring flinched!
Facilier used Peck + Drill Peck!

Peck's combo effect activated!
A critical hit!
(12 + 3 + 3 + 4.5) * 1 + 4 = 26.5 ~ 27 damage
-13 energy

Action Three
Frollo used ThunderPunch!

RNG Roll (To-Crit) (<=63 Yes) 147/1000 (No)
(8 + 4.5 + 2) * 1.5 = 21.75 ~ 22 damage
-6 energy
Mimring's Blaze activated!
Facilier must recharge!
Mimring used Heat Wave!

RNG Roll (To-Hit Fa) (<=900 Yes) 24/1000 (Yes)
RNG Roll (To-Hit Fr) (<=900 Yes) 402/1000 (Yes)
RNG Roll (To-Crit Fa) (<=63 Yes) 785/1000 (No)
RNG Roll (To-Crit Fr) (<=63 Yes) 77/1000 (No)
RNG Roll (To-BRN Fa) (<=100 Yes) 406/1000 (No)
RNG Roll (To-BRN Fr) (<=100 Yes) 159/1000 (No)
(7.5 + 3 + 2 + 4.5) * 1 = 17 damage (Fa)
(7.5 + 3 + 2 + 1.5) * 1 = 14 damage (Fr)
-6 energy

Mimring (M)
Heat Rock
HP: 9 | EN: 94
4 / 2 / 4 / 3
Blaze + Solar Power
PRZ (20)
|

Sharp Beak |
Expert Belt
HP: 38 | HP: 36
EN: 30 | EN: 35
N/A | +10% Accuracy

TURN ORDER
UllarWarlord
Objection

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Perhaps you need to refine the system a bit, Objection.

That or I just suck.

Heat Wave spam. If you make it that far, Mimring.

Dammit I shoulda used Scary Face...

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not sure how this is expected to work, but until this is spoken about with me and probably Deck too, I'm going to say that counter should not be given out forthis battle until there is an official warning.

The total amount of HP on both sides is the same, as is the total amount of Energy. However, the total damage output on one side is twice as much, nearly more, making this a patently unfair fight. As such, I don't want Pokemon, battlers, or even to some possible extent Refs getting counters as normal for this. Feel free to find me on IRC to talk about this, but it doesn't sit right with me.

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I wasn't planning on handing out normal rewards for this, as halved HP/Energy doesn't warrant full counters in any way.

Something to note, though, is that this matchup (or more specifically, the moves of the Pokemon) is about as fair as a Ledyba v Rampardos match, which, in a standard battle, would warrant the counters. Anyway, I was thinking something along the lines of 2 MC | 1 MC | 1 MC for Char, Medi, and Honch, as well as 1 TC for each player. Contact me if you have any problem with that, thanks.

I'm not sure how this is expected to work, but until this is spoken about with me and probably Deck too, I'm going to say that counter should not be given out forthis battle until there is an official warning.

The total amount of HP on both sides is the same, as is the total amount of Energy. However, the total damage output on one side is twice as much, nearly more, making this a patently unfair fight. As such, I don't want Pokemon, battlers, or even to some possible extent Refs getting counters as normal for this. Feel free to find me on IRC to talk about this, but it doesn't sit right with me.
As one of the battlers, I will accept reduced or no counters being given out for this battle if that is what is decided.

However, I feel that I should explain why I posted this challenge. I am working on an RP right now called the Battle Colosseum, which revolves around players using 1 pokemon to face teams of 2 (or possibly 3) pokemon. This battle's main purpose is to gauge the difficulty level of such a challenge, and in that regard, the battle is a success. With the cup system I am working on, pokemon like this Honchkrow and Medicham would not be faced until at least the third cup, which UllarWarlord's Charizard is severely underprepared for.

This particular 1v2 matchup is, as you said, patently unfair (in this case, the team of 2 has a damage output nearly triple that of the team of 1). However, if Zarator can balance 1v4 and 1v8 matchups with his raids, then this indicates that it is possible to balance 1v2 and 1v3 matchups. What needs to be worked out is how. As such, in the near future I may need to issue more matches like this with uneven numbers on each side with various tweaks being made until we eventually get a balanced 1v2 matchup.

Finally, like I said earlier, these matchups are happening because a fundamental upcoming RP mechanic needs testing. I strongly discourage other battlers from issuing their own 1v2 or similar challenges.

---

Facilier: Sky Attack - Fly - Sky Attack
Frollo: Rock Slide - ThunderPunch - Rock Slide

Engineer Pikachu

is a Contributor Alumnus

Mimring (M)
Heat Rock
HP: 9 | EN: 94
4 / 2 / 4 / 3
Blaze + Solar Power
PRZ (20)
|

Sharp Beak |
Expert Belt
EN: 30 | EN: 35
N/A | +10% Accuracy

BEGIN ROUND TWO

Facilier begins to glow, charging up an attack, but this is rather unnecessary, as Frollo finishes off the weakened dragon with another tumble of rocks. The minion squasher, it seems, has been squashed quite soundly.

END ROUND TWO

Action One
Facilier is glowing!
-8 energy
Frollo used Rock Slide!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) (<=63 Yes) 392/1000 (No)
RNG Roll (To-Flinch) (<=300 Yes) 895/1000 (No)
(8 + 4.5 + 2) * 2.25 = 32.625 ~ 33 damage
-6 energy
Mimring fainted!

Mimring (M)
Heat Rock
HP: KO | EN: 94
4 / 2 / 4 / 3
Blaze + Solar Power
PRZ (15)
|

Sharp Beak |
Expert Belt
EN: 22 | EN: 29
N/A | +10% Accuracy

Alright, going to reward adjusted prizes; again, if anyone has a bone to pick with this, contact me.

ULLARWARLORD: 1 TC
Mimring: 2 MC

OBJECTION: 1 TC
Facilier: 1 MC
Frollo: 1 MC, 1 KO

ENGINEER PIKACHU: 2 RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)