The Requiem (peaked 6)

He sits at the top and plays his pipe
Everyday he plays as the mound grows,
Grows as the enemies fall,
And the stench spreads
He plays, until the end of time
Watching his mound grow

(20:34:34) ±Porygon: Your rank in DW Ubers is 4/9705 [1607 points / 1364 battles]!

At a Glance:

The introduction this team deserves i cannot give so without further ado here it is:

Clarent (Dialga)

@ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SAtk / 200 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Draco Meteor
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Clarent - The sword which king arthur pulled out of the stone and became king. It is a symbol of power , authority and it strikes fear into the hearts of enemies.

He's a pretty cool guy. Nice bulk, nice resistances and nice atk stats. Draco Meteor will kill pretty much all dragons , Fire Blast takes down Skarm, Ferro and Forre. Dragon Tail is nice to hit things like Blissey, as well as accumulate damage with rocks. There's not much which can make me switch. Aura Sphere from Mewtwo does a bit over half, Earthquake from Groudon does around 70% and opposing Meteors from other dialga do a bit over 50% as well.

Genius Tips:

Use draco meteor on forretress first and then fire blast. This will stop custap activating. Draco Meteor is also used against genesect, as they always switch into espeon predicting rocks.

Possible Changes:

None atm.

Raikiri (Zekrom)

@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Bolt Strike
- Volt Switch
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw

Raikiri - The bolt cutter.

To be honest this guy is the one I'm least happy with, but for now he's staying. The revenger of the team. Volt Switch is a cool move to scout with and it can deal damage, while placing me in a favourable position against the opponent. Outrage and Bolt Strike are the obligatory STAB's and Dragon Claw is for when I don't want to be locked in. This guy can kill Ho-oh which this team has trouble with, and can take choice scarf water spout which is also nice.

Genius Tips:

Don't be retarded when using him and don't vswitch when you know they have a Groudon.

Possible Changes:

Garchomp. He used to be here and he did a great job at his role: electric immunity and revenger. Set will be below.

Artemis (Darkrai)

@ Leftovers
Trait: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dark Void
- Substitute
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Artemis - The greek goddess of the hunt. She stalks her prey, weakens it and proceeds with the kill.

This is favourite Darkrai set. Granted, I 2hko Dialga at +6, I can always put him to sleep. Considering the new sleep mechanics, Dark Void is basically an 80% accurate ohko move. Nasty Plot is what let's you sweep and Dark Pulse is the reliable STAB move with decent coverage. Seriously though, this guy is a monster. Almost everything is heavily dented by a +2 Dark pulse, considering the premier walls are weak to dark type (Giratina and Lugia).

Genius Tips:

Pokemon is all about trends and almost everyone expects void, so sub first. This will give you a free sub and won't waste your sleep (although people are starting to catch on....)

Possible Changes:

None atm.

Beelzebub (Arceus-Ghost)

@ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Recover
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Beelzebub - One of the seven princes of hell.

This set is my pride and joy. Along with Skarm, there is no ekiller Arceus variant i cannot counter. Judgment and Focus Blast have great coverage and let's Ghost arceus to be some sort of offensive threat. Will-O-Wisp ruins Arceus, Groudon, Zekrom, Terrakion, some Rayquaza's, etc.. Recover let's me heal off any damage I have accumulated and makes him a great defensive pivot.

Genius Tips:

Wow everything.

Possible Changes:

Hp fighting. While Focus Blast does about 40-50% to most Dialgas/Arceus', a 2hko with burn, I do miss a lot which is a pain.

Proteus (Kyogre)

@ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

Proteus - The son of Poseidon. Powerful and versatile.

This set is the reason sand are so simple to take down. Their reliance on Gastrodon as a Kyogre check usually means the rest of their team will crumble shortly afterwards. HP Grass stops Gastro cold. Sub is the crux of my set and it is there as it lets me take down Palkia should rocks be up (which it almost always is) and i get the para as well as help me avoid status. Ice Beam is great as it gets all the dragons in the tier (except Dialga and Reshiram).

Genius Tips:

Switch in on a choiced resisted hit (usually from other Kyogre) and then sub.

Possible Changes:

None atm.

Aegis (Skarmory) (M)

@ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Drill Peck
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Spikes

Aegis - The shield of Zeus. Nuff said.

The ultimate physical wall. Not only does it take physical hits like a boss, but it can set up hazards and phase. Drill peck is there to damage things like Espeon, while not compromising my bulk. This guy just has so many chances to set up spikes it's not funny. Fire move-less Groudon, E-killer arceus without overheat, the list goes on. He also can tank Flare Blitz in the rain which is pretty cool. The thing I love about this guy is the mind games which I can play with him :3. The opponent has to guess whether I'll use spikes or whirlwind and I'm great at mind games :).

Genius Tips:

Once again, don't be retarded. When a specially atker comes, it's time for you to piss off.

Counters to this team:

Ho-oh - can easily sponge hits from Arceus-Ghost and gives trouble to the rest of my team. Generally I try to get rocks up asap.
Toxic Spikes - a pain to deal with. I just have to switch around more, although Zekrom does like being poisoned so he can switch into thunder and sacred fire without getting a crippling status (other forms of entry hazards don't really bother me.

Ex - notable team members:

Belphegor (Garchomp) (M)

@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
- Dual Chop
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Arondight (Arceus-Ground)

@ Earth Plate
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- ExtremeSpeed

Replays:

vs Teh PohkehGawd (number #2 on the po ladder, his alt is number #1)
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Teh-PohkhehGawd-vs-puregenius--2012-02-19-1

vs mibuchiha
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-mibuchiha-vs-puregenius--2012-02-19

Importable:

Clarent (Dialga) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SAtk / 200 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Draco Meteor
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Raikiri (Zekrom) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Teravolt
- Bolt Strike
- Volt Switch
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw

Artemis (Darkrai) @ Leftovers
Trait: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Dark Void
- Substitute
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Beelzebub (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Recover
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Proteus (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunder
- Scald
- Substitute

Aegis (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Drill Peck
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Spikes

Final Notes:

-Any suggestions are welcome
-Feel free to use this team and edit accordingly, but I do ask you respect the nicknames :)
-Maybe it's just me, but the descriptions seem a little short. Tell me if I need to expand.
-Don't tell me what my team is weak to with zero suggestions on improvements
-While I technically play this team in dw ubers, this team qualifies for wifi and nobody rates teams on dw ubers...
-Thanks for reading :)

Why doesnt your kyogre use surf/hydro pump? Deoxys-A looks like it could steamroll your team. For this reason u might want to add a specially defensive jirachi somewhere on the team. Use specially defensive skarmory, it beats all physical attackers other than those it could not beat anyway(zekrom, ho-oh). U might also want to use genesect as it could form a solid volt-turn combination with zekrom. No more suggestions for now. I dont use darkrai so cant say anything about it.

you should really put a water stab on kyogre

as for skarm i would try Taunt over Drill Peck, espeon is really rare and Taunt could really help vs shit like Ferro that way you could prevent them from setting up hazards while you continue to set up yours (5 of your mons are grounded so this could REALLY help). I would also go with a more Specially defensive spread to let you handle dragon attacks better because, Skarm already has great Physical bulk. You could run the standard 252 SpD Careful one, i personally run a 248 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD / 4 Spe one with Impish to take hits from things like +2 Arceus before phazing them while having better Special Bulk then fully defensive (i would also put the 4 Spe so you can Taunt other skarms first). Congrats on 6

Deoxys a actually that big of a threat. If its a lead I'll dragon tail to break the sash and then set up rocks (I can survive super power). Killing with zekrom also works but mostly I just see leads.

I don't have a water move of kyogre as it hits nothing much bar blaziken and hooh and is resisted by all the dragons in the tier canceling out the double stab

Specially defensive skarm doesn't really appeal to me I'd rather supremely counter all the physical threats

Genesect sounds like a brilliant idea and I will try it over spikes

Thanks for the rates and keep them coming

Surf in the rain on kyogre does significantly more damage to things nuetral to your moves like most importantly Mewtwo and Dakrai who darkrai is OHKOd and Mewtwo i think can be and always is after SR, whereas all of the moves you have dont even come close. you are sacrificing this just to be able to KO Gastro/a Sub

well sub is wat makes the set wat it is, thunder is essential and ice beam is useful

ill test surf/scald again if it bothers u that much

Hey genius, nice team. I've been trying it out and found that A) Gastrodon usage has dropped to almost none so i swapped HP grass for Ice Beam on Kyogre and B) Drill Peck didn't work for me, being too weak to finish off bulky attackers like Groudon or in dealing with Grass Arceus. So i put Brave Bird on it.

Great team though. I got 10th pretty easily before Focus Blast/Draco Meteor and Dark Void decided they couldn't hit the broad side of a Groudon XD

thanks for the rate

ill test brave bird on skarm

ill probably switch hp grass back to surf/scald

edit

wooo new peak

anyway shits changed (probably for the better):

offensive spin kabutops over skarm
sub claw zekrom
scarf kyogre (hp grass over water spout)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)