The Homunculi (Peaked 1434)

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
The Homunculi
Another team by Motagua

¡Warning!
Before you continue to read this RMT, it is a thread with a theme from the popular anime series, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. In order to fit the descriptions, the roles of the pokemons and the explanations, the RMT is filled with spoilers from the series. If you DID NOT WATCH the series, don´t blame me if I ruined your chances to watch the show. Don´t post hater comments and if you don´t like it, simply don´t rate it. Below is a youtube link to one of its openings, Again by YUI. If you plan to watch the series, I definitely recommend it and hearing the song is a good way to start watching it.

(At the Gate)

Homunculus: Tell me, why did you refuse to join me? Why God? How did I disappoint you?

Truth: You were incapable of believing in yourself. You stole your power from others, you rejected your human origin, and chose to covet the power of what you call God. You never grew beyond your days in the flask. Did you truly think you'd become superior to humans by removing your seven desires? Don't make me laugh!

Homunculus: What's wrong with that? I only wanted to obtain perfection? I wanted this worlds knowledge for my own! Why should I be punished for that? What's wrong with craving knowledge? What's wrong with seeking perfection? Well, speak! What are you, anyway? Do you even have a name? Who the hell do you think you are!?

Truth: Who am I? One name you might have for me is the world, or you might call me the universe, or perhaps God, or perhaps the Truth. I am All, and I am One. So, of course, this also means that I am you. I am the truth of your despair, the inescapable price of your boastfulness. And now, I will bestow upon you the despair you deserve...

The above scenario shows why the Homunculus Inside the Flask is punished in front of God, after he failed to absorb him and fulfill his plans. The original Homunculus seeked perfection to surpass even God, as he ultimately created the Homunculi just for the sole purpose of purifying himself of his Seven Sins. What he claimed as craving for knowledge and seeking perfection is what we trainers seek when building a team. I wanted to build a different kind of Volt-Turn without relying on the ever common Scizor+Rotom-W core or use it without a hazard stacking strategy that I and mostwanted popularized. I found myself not only creating a good Volt Turn team that did not used what I described above, but also it was combined with some sort of Drag-Mag base that made this team really interesting to use. I originally made it under the alt of Edward Elric, but I managed to peak with 1434 points under the alt of Motagua. That was a week ago though, and in my avaricious attempts to peak #1 (lol, I really wanted to), hax and my laggy internet brought me down. However, I believe that with your help and your rates, the Homunculi will reach perfection surpassing the truth of despair...

I decided to make this team with a Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood theme. It´s one of my favorite animes and mangas and I personally think it was even better than Bleach or Naruto. The Homunculi have different personalities according to the sin they represent, having a close relationship with the pokemon´s function on the team. The homunculi are a group of artificially created humans who seek to fulfill their Father's goals, which is in my case, to reach victory. They scheme every move from the start and ensure themselves nothing interferes with their goals. Together, they are strong enough and difficult to defeat, which is the very pure essence of the team considering their roles are very important for their team-mates. Below is a youtube video of one of my favorite openings in FMAB, Again by YUI, which is the start of the story and an amazing song that will blow your mind. Couldn´t find the original video, but this one is pretty good. Enjoy hearing this epic song as you read the RMT :D​

[youtube]eyp0djD2Hf8[/youtube]​

Team Building Process

To be honest, I had the original intention of just making a normal Drag-Mag team. With a monstruous attack and Multiscale allowing Dragonite to take anything at full health, of course he had to be my set-up sweeper. I decided to use a bulky DD sweeper because Roost and Multiscale is a powerful combination that makes him very difficult to take down and his high HP gives him more chances to set-up.

Why not Magnezone? I bet you must be asking this yourselves. Simple, Magnezone is too slow and I never liked him. Magneton on the other hand, he had enough Speed to surpass most bulky pokemons like Tyranitar, Gliscor, Celebi and others who would sit at the evercommon 244 Speed stat. Magneton still has an acceptable Sp.Atk stat and with Eviolite raising his defenses, even more than Magnezone, he had to enter the fray.

I had my Drag-Mag core from there and I needed a Spinner to conserve Dragonite´s Multiscale intact when I need him to act. Starmie is the best Rapid Spinner in the current metagame with his insane Speed and great Special Attacker being able to even 2HKO Jellicent, the most common spinblocker in OU.

I needed now a pokemon with good resistances and being able to set up the very important Stealth Rock. Ferrothorn is one of the best mixed walls ever, it has 11 resistances & immunities that fits excellently to the team and above average defenses to take any hit that is not "super-effective."

This is the point where the team changed to its current function. I wanted a fast pokemon and a good stall-breaker to deal with those teams that would carry a SS Skarmory to escape Magneton´s clutches. Infernape was the prime candidate for this job. It is one of the few pokemons that can break the BlissSkarm combo and with U-turn, I could do a Volt-Turn core to scout switch-ins and pressure the opponent.

To end with it, I needed a fast Scarfer that could revenge kill pokemons like Volcarona and opposing Dragonites that managed to get a boost. Landorus is perfectly able to revenge kill Volcarona and Dragonite with Stone Edge or HP Ice respectively. He also became a really amazing check to Sand if they get too cocky to deal with.

My alt was between 1100s and 1200s after not playing for a while. I decided to test mostwanted´s Stall-breaker Mew on the team instead of Infernape. Although he slighlty solves my glaring Fighting weaknesses to Conkledurr & Virizion, Sun teams had more easier time with me considering that Infernape was my most reliable switch-in to them.

Ladies and gentleman, I present you the revamped version of the team. After failing with Mew, I still needed a stall-breaker while I wanted to keep Volt-Turn. A close friend of mine, suggested me to use Azelf and relegate Infernape to the revenge-killer position. This were excellent changes as Azelf kept Volt-Turn while being a fearsome stall-breaker like Mew did able to dismantle the fiercest stall with the correct prediction while Infernape could even revenge kill Scarf Landorus & Terrakion! With Azelf, I feared that using Starmie would make me too weak to Scarf Tyranitar so I decided to use Blastoise and I am definitely not dissapointed. He has an excellent bulk allowing me to switch-in more reliably against Gliscor, tank hits, and being able to remove hazards.

The Team
*Changes will be italicized.

╠═══════════════╣
Greed the Avaricious
╠═══════════════╣

"I mean, you know the answer to that better than anyone, Dad... I'm Greed the Avaricious... You were the one that made me this way, after all. I'm just being myself. I simply had larger ambitions than spending my life working for you." -Greed answering Father after being captured by Wrath.

Greed (Ferrothorn)
(M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
Moves:

• Bulldoze: This move is a real life-saver for Ferrothorn. Not only it keeps Magnezone at bay but also it hits a Lucario trying to set-up and finish him off with Magneton on the next turn thanks to the Speed Drop.
  • Leech Seed: A very important move not only to regenerate him, but also to help his team-mates that mostly lack a reliable way of recovery. It also eases Dragonite´s time of setting up and makes his MS + Roost abuse more easier.
  • Power Whip: This is Ferrothorn´s best STAB and it hits Water, Rock & Ground types strongly for super-effective damage.
  • Stealth Rock: Standard layers to keep at bay Volcarona and opposing Dragonites.
Ferrothorn was given Greed´s name mainly because I play recklessly with him and the results were satisfactory. Staying on the opponent´s Swords Dance from a Lucario and Bulldoze him to get it revenge killed by Magnezone, or Leech Seed on a Conkeldurr is just as reckless as Greed´s ambitious actions. Also Ferrothorn has 11 resistances and great defenses resembling Greed´s Ultimate Shield. Ferrothorn is the main wall on the team and the guy in charge of setting up layers.

╠═════════════╣
Envy the Jealous
╠═════════════╣

"Is that pity...? How childish are you? You're desperate to see these things as human because you wanna believe that your brother still retains his humanity... These souls can never go back to being human. You have to use logic if you are to determine what a human is. Don't let your emotions decide." -To Edward Elric when he is stunned by the human souls that form Envy´s body, before using them to escape Gluttony´s belly.

Envy (Dragonite)
(F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
Moves:

• Roost: This move is what makes this Dragonite so difficult to take down. With her decent defenses, Multiscale, and Roost removing Dragonite´s Flying weakness, ice & Rock type moves do pitiful damage. Dragonite is able to pull out multiple Dragon Dances and sweep the foe thanks to Roost.
  • Earthquake: This is the best coverage move Dragonite can have when using a Bulky DD set. With Earthquake, she is able to OHKO Heatran who would otherwise wall her and hits for greater damage Steel-types like Jirachi. With Magneton on the team, Fire Punch is not needed.
  • Dragon Claw: Not precisely Dragonite´s most strongest move but it is still a strong STAB that hits for a lot of damage anything that doesn´t resist it. After 2 or 3 DD, Dragon Claw obtains most of the OHKOs or 2HKOs that a +1 Outrage from a standard DD Dragonite would obtain.
  • Dragon Dance: Dragonite´s main set-up move raising its Speed and Attack. After 2 DD, Dragonite outspeeds Scarf Landorus and she can proceed to Roost off any damage that would normally knock her out and with MS abuse, set even more!
Dragonite was given Envy´s name because both are green and a monster. Envy´s true form is very powerful and most weapons are not even able to damage her in the same way for Dragonite thanks to her bulkiness and Roost abusing Multiscale. Envy gets stronger and stronger as whe absorbs more human soul. Dragonite gets more stronger as whe pulls out more Dragon Dances and proceed to wreck the foe. She is the main sweeper of the team and with the help of Magnezone and Blastoise, she is guaranteed to wreck the foe.

╠══════════════╣
Pride the Arrogant
╠══════════════╣

"Humans really have no place in this world at all, do they? You always said you wanted to see which side the world would choose... Yet you are here, beaten and humilliated." -To Solf J. Kimblee after he was mortally wounded.

Pride (Magneton) @ Eviolite
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 112 HP / 200 SAtk / 196 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Moves:

• Volt Switch: A good STAB move that allows Magneton to scout any possible switch-in and keeps momentum on my Volt-Turn core with Azelf & Infernape. Thanks to the Eviolite it can fake a Choice item and escape from a disadvantageous situation.
  • Flash Cannon: Magneton´s 2nd STAB being able to 2HKO offensive Tyranitar and OHKO pokemons like Terrakion & Mamoswine on the switch-in or predicting their moves.
  • Metal Sound: I was a bit redundant about this, but neverless this change pretty much worked out in the end. Eliminating Ferrothorn under the Rain was a bit more difficult because it was a 4HKO, however with Metal Sound dropping his Sp.Def, he is destroyed even in Rain (suggested by Pocket).
  • Hidden Power [Fire]: This move is what murders Steel-types like Forretress, Scizor and Ferrothorn removing them from the field and ease Dragonite´s sweep.
Magneton was given Pride´s name because just as he uses his shadows to trap its victims and devour them, Magneton can trap the omnipresent Steel-types with his black magnets and murder them with HP Fire or, in Skarmory´s case, fry it to death with an Electric move. The EV spread is designed to make Magneton as bulky as posible while being able to outspeed certain pokemon. 112 HP EVs gives the best bulk to Magneton´s Eviolite defenses. Magneton is able to survive Starmie´s LO Hydro Pump or Hydreigon´s Flamethrower thanks to the EVs and Eviolite. 196 Speed allows Magneton to outspeed Magnezone, Jolly Tyranitar, and pokemons like Celebi, Gliscor, Jirachi, etc, who sit at a 244 or 245 Speed stat. 200 Sp.Atk still allow Magneton to 2HKO Ferrothorn & Magnezone, and OHKO any Scizor or Forretress with HP Fire.

╠══════════════╣
Lust the Lascivious
╠══════════════╣

"Human foolishness never ceases to amaze me. Wouldn't you agree, Gluttony?" -To Gluttony when both are watching the bloodshed they provoked in Lior.

Lust (Azelf)
@ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk /252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Naive Nature
(+Spd, -SDef) (suggested by Olman)
Moves:

• U-turn: This move allows Azelf to scout its switch-in and gain momentum alongside Infernape & Magneton. It also does decent damage to Tyranitar, Reuniclus, and OHKOs Starmie.
  • Fire Blast: Coverage move that murders Scizor, Forretress, Ferrothorn, Jirachi and other Steel-types that pests OU.
  • Psyshock: Amazing STAB move that OHKOs Fighting types like Terrakion, Virizion and Conkeldurr while being able to 2HKO Blissey & Chansey.
  • Grass Knot: Not only hits bulky Water-types and Ground-types for heavy damage, but also deals a huge blow to Tyranitar.
Azelf replaced Infernape as the main scout and stallbreaker on the team taking Lust´s name because Azelf schemes and paves the way for Dragonite to sweep. Pretty much like Lust´s Ultimate Spear that can cut through anything, Azelf is able to dismantle most stall teams by itself thanks to his excellent coverage, blazing Speed and high offensive stats. Azelf also keeps momentum on its favor for the team to pressure the oponent.

╠═════════════╣
Wrath the Furious
╠════════════╣

"I never truly believed in anything. If there truly is a god, then this must be divine retribution." -To Scar in the middle of their battle.

Wrath (Infernape) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 108 Atk / 148 SAtk / 252 Spd

Naive Nature
(+Spd, -SDef) (suggested by Olman).
Moves:

• U-turn: Infernape´s scouting move allowing him to pressure the oponent with Azelf and Magneton.
  • Flare Blitz: An excellent STAB move for Infernape to carry. With the given EV spread, Infernape still OHKOs Celebi, Jirachi and Scizor. To add more, this move has the advantage of revenge killing Volcarona and score a OHKO even without SR! (suggested by Pocket).
  • Close Combat: Infernape´s most powerful STAB move being able to OHKO Tyranitar, Blissey, Terrakion & Heatran.
  • Hidden Power Ice: With this move Infernape becomes able to revenge kill and OHKO pokemons like Salamence, Dragonite, Gliscor, and Landorus always outspeeding them thanks to his insane Speed and the Choice Scarf.
Infernape was given Wrath´s name because when rampaging they can destroy anything on their path in seconds. Wrath acts swiftly with his sword and in seconds he can even dismantle a tank! Now with the role of the Choice Scarfer being relegated to Infernape, he can even outspeed Scarf Landorus and OHKO him with HP Ice scoring a surprise KO since this set is really underused. Infernape checks common threats like Landorus, Moxie Mence, Scizor, Dragonite, Scrafty, Chlorophyll Venusaur and the list goes on... Late-game if Infernape was kept in good health, he can even become a late-game sweeper thanks to his outstanding Speed.

╠═════════════╣
Gluttony the Voracious
╠═══════════════╣

"I´m hungry Lust. Can I eat the old man? Please! He´s big and fat." -Gluttony asking Lust permission to eat Father Cornello.

Gluttony (Blastoise) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def /
32 SDef
Bold Nature
(+Def, -Atk) (suggested by Olman; changed EV spread).
Moves:

• Scald: Blastoise´s main STAB move being able to burn and cripple pokemons like Tyranitar, Terrakion, Lucario, etc.
  • Toxic: It allows Blastoise to poison those pokemons he wouldn´t hurt with Scald like Rotom-W, Vaporeon, Volcarona and others, crippling them for the rest of the match. It is also helpful against Jellicent who tries to block Rapid Spin.
  • Rapid Spin: With Blastoise´s good defenses, he can pull out a Rapid Spin in most situations eliminating the hazards that would cripple Dragonite or Infernape.
  • Haze: This move is simply an amazing move for Blastoise. It bypasses Magic Bounce and Substitute making it the perfect troll for Baton Pass teams who think that can sweep me easily. It also cancels any stat boost, most sweepers try to attempt in order to get the jump on Blastoise´s Defenses defeating 1 vs 1 pokemons like Gliscor, Scrafty, etc. (suggested by Pocket).
Blastoise was given Gluttony´s name because just like the Homunculus, he can "eat" almost anything thrown at him without trouble. Although it might sound attractive to have Starmie as a Rapid Spinner, 2 Psychic types like Azelf & Starmie would made me pretty weak to Scarf Tyranitar being able to take 2 important pokemons on the team. Although it sound weird to use Blastoise, considering its UU rank, he did pretty well on the team. Blastoise is able to tank most hits the rest of my pokemons would not be able to, while being able to phaze and eliminate the hazards, just like Gluttony who is mostly in charge to take action on the Homunculus´s plans with Envy. The new EV spread maximizes Blastoise´s Def allowing him to take down pokemons like Gliscor, and 32 Sp.Def EVs to take Special Attacks better.

One Last Glance at the Team

Exportable
Greed (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Bulldoze
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock

Envy (Dragonite) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance

Pride (Magneton) @ Eviolite
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 112 HP / 200 SAtk / 196 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Lust (Azelf) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

Wrath (Infernape) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 108 Atk / 148 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Close Combat

Gluttony (Blastoise) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Haze
- Toxic
- Scald
- Rapid Spin

Conclusion
I enjoyed making this team and it is one of the most interesting and funny teams I ever used. For me, it is an achievement reaching the 1400s with a Volt-Turn that does not even use Scizor and Rotom-W. This team was initially a Drag-Mag but with the addition of the Volt-Turn core, it became a blast different from other teams in Smogon. I would like to thank Trinitrotoluene as his RMT inspired on Bleach The Gotei 13 of Soul Society, inspired me to create this RMT with an anime theme. Also I would like to thank everyone that read this thread and provides useful feedback to improve this team. Special thanks to mostwanted, although Mew didn´t worked out I believe that he pointed out the huge weakness I had to stall as well. My biggest thanks to a close friend of mine, named Olman who suggested Azelf and Scarf Infernape who worked out amazingly. Another shout-out to Pocket who made simple and minor changes, but they greatly improved the team.

I would like to close this thread with the same words Gustavo Cerati in Soda Stereo´s last concert did thanking all the people who supported them in their career:

¡Gracias Totales!
"Total thanks!"

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
Standard OU Offensive Threats
Tyranitar:
  • Choice Band - Ferrothorn can take most of it attacks if he doesnt pack a super-effective move.
  • Choice Scarf - Easy to handle. Ferrothorn, Infernape, Magneton and Blastoise can come on the appropiate move.
  • Dragon Dance - Ferrothorn counters it if he lacks Fire Punch. Infernape outspeeds anyways and he can KO with Close Combat (still outspeeds even at +2).
Rotom-W:
  • Choice Scarf / Specs - Ferrothorn laughs at their miserable face.
  • Support - These guys are a bit annoying considering they can burn Ferrothorn and Pain Split the damage. Neverless Azelf, Infernape and Magneton can hurt him badly.
Scizor:
  • Choice Band - He is not really difficult to deal with proper prediction. Once he gets locked in Bullet Punch, Magneton traps him and OHKOs with HP Fire.
  • Swords Dance - Magneton outspeeds and OHKOs with HP Fire. If Jolly, Blastoise can take its hits and burn him with Scald or phaze him away. Infernape checks him decently
  • Bulky Swords Dance - A bit annoying because they can escape Magneton but neverless, he completely walls this set.
Dragonite:
  • Choice Band - With proper prediction, he becomes easy to deal with. Ferrothorn is the main switch-in to Outrage.
  • Dragon Dance - Infernape revenge kills this guy with HP Ice.
  • Mixed - Blastoise can take most of its hits. Infernape & Dragonite checks him.
  • Parashuffler - This one became more annoying because everything is susceptible to paralysis on my team. This guy gives me a good reason to run Roar on Blastoise.
  • Rain Abuse - Infernape OHKOs with HP Ice after SR, neverless steadiness is required considering Magneton is the only safe switch-in.
Politoed:
  • Choice Specs / Scarf - Ferrothorn walls this guy all day long. Dragonite can set-up on Hydro Pump or HP Grass.
  • 3 Attacks - Ferrothorn trolls this guy. Dragonite owns this shit with Roost.
Heatran:
  • Standard - Infernape, Dragonite and Blastoise makes his life miserable. HP Ice does less than 48% to Dragonite when he Roosts.
Jirachi:
  • Substitute + Calm Mind / Wish + Calm Mind - With Bulldoze, Ferrothorn is perfectly able to take him 1 vs 1.
  • Expert Belt - Infernape FTW!! Azelf OHKOs with Fire Blast.
  • Choice Scarf - Ferrothorn´s private porn star. Infernape makes it a threesome, while Magneton traps him if he gets locked on Iron Head.
Latios:
  • Life Orb / Expert Belt - I am forced to send Ferrothorn, take a Draco Meteor and work him out from there. Azelf & Infernape check him pretty well.
  • Choice Scarf / Specs - This one is more easy to deal with, because of the Choice Item. Ferrothorn is the main switch-in to Draco Meteor, while Magneton can also take it as well and avoid being 2HKO´d
  • Calm Mind - Infernape and Azelf can check him with U-turn
Reuniclus:
  • Calm Mind - Thanks to Multiscale + Roost, Dragonite has no trouble setting up on him and destroy it back with boosted Dragon Claws.
  • Offensive Trick Room - A bit more annoying to deal with but Dragonite can stall him with Roost if Multiscale is intact.
Haxorus:
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Ferrothorn likes to fuck with this guy.
  • Dragon Dance - Same as above.
  • Double Dance - Same as above.
Ninetales:
  • Nasty Plot - Dragonite and Infernape.
  • Choice Specs - Dragonite.
  • Special Attacker - Same as Nasty Plot.
Conkeldurr:
  • Bulk Up - Azelf OHKOs with Psyshock thanks to STAB and the Life Orb boost.
  • Flame Orb + 3 Attacks - Less serious mainly because he dies too quickly from indirect damage.
Celebi:
  • Nasty Plot Sweeper - Infernape and Azelf makes it poop itself. Dragonite owns it if she lacks HP Ice.
  • Tinkerbell - Same as above.
  • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf - Infernape trolls it.
Terrakion:
  • Double Dance - Without a SD boost, Blastoise owns him. Without a RP boost, Infernape & Azelf owns him.
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - More easier to deal with because he gets locked in a move. With prediction, he is not a serious threat. Infernape & Azelf outspeeds non-Scarfed versions and OHKOs with Close Combat & Psyshock respectively.
  • Substitute + Swords Dance - This means that something is dying if he manages to get a Sub. Another reason to consider Roar on Blastoise.
Gyarados:
  • Offensive / Bulky Dragon Dance - Ferrothorn owns this thing all day long. Magnezone can also take a +1 Waterfall and OHKO back with Volt Switch. Blastoise´s Haze trolls him.
  • Choice Band / Choice Scarf - Ferrothorn trolls this shit so hard.
Gengar:
  • Substitute + Disable / Pain Split - Actually Dragonite can use him as set-up fodder thanks to her bulkiness and the HP investment. Azelf and Infernape can revenge kill him, while Blastoise can take non LO attacks.
Starmie:
  • Life Orb - Ferrothorn. Nothing else to explain :).
  • Rapid Spin - Same as above (^_^).
  • Choice Specs - Same as above.
Landorus:
  • Rock Polish / Swords Dance - Ferrothorn & Blastoise can handle RP, while Infernape revenge kills SD versions.
  • Choice Scarf - Ferrothorn can take its attacks, although it is constantly scouting. Infernape always checks him, outspeeds and OHKOs with HP Ice. Blastoise can take its hits too.
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks - Ferrothorn and Blastoise
Infernape:
  • Mixed Attacker - Blastoise is bulky enough to take its attacks and OHKO back with Scald. Azelf can come into Close Combat and OHKO with Psyshock, while Infernape can revenge kill.
  • Nasty Plot / Swords Dance Booster - Azelf owns him.
  • Choice Band - Some prediction is required to deal with him, neverless Azlef & Infernape can check him, while Blastoise can take a Close Combat.
Volcarona:
  • Offensive Quiver Dance - Say hi to Flare Blitz nigga! Dragonite sets up on him without HP Rock.
  • Bulky Quiver Dance - Dragonite doing it like a boss.
  • Chesto Rest - Same as above.
  • Substitute - Same as above.
Magnezone:
  • Substitute - Ferrothorn´s Bulldoze prevents him from getting too many boosts. Magneton traps, outspeeds, and revenge kills with HP Fire. Infernape murders him.
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Specs - Magneton can trap him on Flash Cannon or an Electric move. Just a bit of prediction is required to deal with this guy,
Espeon:
  • Calm Mind - Haze. Problem?
  • Bulky Sun Attacker / Passer - Dragonite can set up on him all day long.
Salamence:
  • Dragon Dance - Infernape revenge kills.
  • Mixed - With prediction, he is not a serious threat.
  • Defensive - Seriously?
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - As long as Ferrothorn lives and avoids a predicted Fire attack, he can deal with Moxie Mence.
Hydreigon:
  • Offensive - Infernape revenge kills. Landorus & Starmie if weakened.
  • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf - With proper prediction, he is more easy to deal with.
  • Substitute - With Azelf and Infernape, he usually does not have time to set up a Substitute anymore. Neverless under one, it can mean doom if I do a wrong move.
Breloom:
  • Bulk Up - After Sleep clause, Dragonite can easily set up on him. Infernape and Azelf trolls this shit.
  • Sub Seed - Same as above.
  • Sub Punch - Same as above.
Latias:
  • Offensive Calm Mind - Not anymore a big threat as Blastoise can poison her or phaze, while Azelf and Infernape can wear her down.
  • Offensive Tank - Ferrothorn owns her very easily.
  • Choice Specs - Prediction is the key.
Toxicroak:
  • Swords Dance - Can´t really set-up considering Ferrothorn packs Bulldoze and Blastoise trolls it with Haze.
  • Bulk Up - Dragonite uses him as set-up fodder and trolls his Sucker Punch with Roost.
Lucario:
  • Swords Dance - I mentioned earlier that I am able to defeat him by Bulldozing his ass as he tries to set-up and trap next turn with Magneton. Even if he just attacks, he won´t have a turn to set-up considering most of my pokemons outspeeds him or can damage him badly.
  • Nasty Plot - Azelf owns this one. Dragonite can set up if he lacks HP Ice.
Virizion:
  • Calm Mind - Azelf easily checks him and OHKOs with Psyshock.
  • Swords Dance - Easier to handle. Infernape fries it with Fire Blast, Azelf owns with Psyshock, while Dragonite can set up if he lacks Stone Edge.
  • Dual Screens - Seriously?
Scrafty:
  • Dragon Dance - Infernape FTW!
  • Bulk Up - Same as above.
Venusaur:
  • Special Growth - Thanks to the HP investment Dragonite has a very easy time to set up on him, while Infernape revenge kills with Fire Blast
  • Mixed Growth - Same as above.
  • SubSeed - Fuck this annoying piece of shit. But after Sleep Clause, Infernape and Dragonite handles him well.
Metagross:
  • Stealth Rock - Infernape murders, Ferrothorn walls and Blastoise trolls.
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Same as above.
  • Agility - Same as above.
Mienshao:
  • All-Out Attacker - Azelf and Infernape revenge kills it. Dragonite can set-up on him with Multi-scale intact.
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Infernape always revenge kills this piece of shit.
Cloyster:
  • Shell Smash - Ferrothorn can easily take him down. Magneton can take a +2 Razor Shell and KO back with anything. Infernape outspeeds and revenge kills with Close Combat.
  • Utility - Ferrothorn & Magneton.
Mamoswine:
  • Physical Attacker - Ferrothorn and Blastoise can handle him. Infernape revenge kills.
  • Focus Sash + Endeavor - Same as above.
Darmanitan:
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Dragonite can take most of its hits all day long. Blastoise as well and Infernape revenge kills.
Tornadus:
  • Rain Abuser - Starmie and Landorus can revenge kill it. Magneton can actually take a Focus Blast and KO back.
  • Choice Specs - Azelf & Infernape outspeeds and revenge kills with Psyshock or HP Ice after SR. Magneton can take Hurricane all day long.
Abomasnow:
  • Choice Scarf - Infernape outspeeds and owns with his dual STAB.
  • SubSeed - Infernape & Magneton trolls this guy.
  • Mixed Attacker - This one is a tad more difficult because it can hit Infernape & Magneton with Earthquake. Neverless with prediction, he isn´t too much trouble.
Alakazam:
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks - Dragonite can set up on this guy all day long.
  • Offensive Calm Mind - Dragonite can set up if he lacks HP Ice. Blastoise can take its hits and beat him.
  • Focus Sash - Same as above.
Azelf:
  • Dual Screens - No reliable way to prevent the Screens. If U-turn hits first before Reflect, Fire Blast from Infernape makes the 2HKO.
  • Lead - Fuck the Speed ties -_-. Pretty much almost the same from above.
  • Nasty Plot - Infernape revenge kills and Dragonite can get a boost if MS is intact.
  • Choice Band - Ferrothorn owns it.
Azumarill:
  • Choice Band - Ferrothorn & Blastoise.
Deoxys-D:
  • Fast Spiker - With some burn hax from Scald, Blastoise will end up winning as he trolls it by removing the hazards or simply phaze it.
Dugtrio:
  • Focus Sash - Thanks to this guy, this is one of the mayor reasons I am able to sweep Sun Teams. He just begs Dragonite to Dragon Dance on its face, lol.
  • Choice Band - Too bad this guy can 2HKO with Stone Edge, but neverless a set-up fodder Earthquake is a set-up fodder :/.
Empoleon:
  • Agility - Ferrothorn says hi!
  • Choice Specs - I guess I have to watch out for an occasional HP Fire.
Gorebyss:
  • SmashPass - Blastoise removes the boost with Haze.
  • Shell Smash Sweeper - This one´s easier as Ferrothorn owns the bitch.
Kingdra:
  • Dragon Dance - Ferrothorn.
  • Rain Dance - Read above ^^.
  • Choice Specs - Same as above.
Kyurem:
  • Choice - Y U NO PREDICT!?!
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks - I lost to hail teams because of this piece of shit. Something´s dying as it takes the Sub away.
Victini:
  • Choice Band / Scarf - Don´t have a real switch-in to a banded V-Create in Sun (Only Dragonite is able to take it), but he is easily revenge killed after the backdrop of that very same move. Scarf versions are set-up fodder for Dragonite :D.
  • Physical Attacker - Same as above.
Stoutland:
  • Choice Band - Actually Magneton is the only pokemon able to take its attacks. Lol, strange isn´t it?
Smeargle:
  • Baton Pass - Same as Espeon & Gorebyss.
Sharpedo:
  • Speed Boost - Ferrothorn. Magneton can take Watefall. Blastoise can phaze it.
Rotom-C:
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Specs - Ferrothorn & Dragonite, however both must watch out for Trick.
  • Support - Magneton is the only pokemon that doesnt mind whatever this thing does. Infernape handles him nicely too.

Standard OU Defensive Threats
Tyranitar:
  • Specially Defensive - Infernape & Blastoise.
Rotom-W:
  • Standard - Same as Support?
Ferrothorn:
  • Standard - Magneton traps this shit and 2HKOs cleanly with HP Fire. Infernape scares it away with his dual STAB combination.
Politoed:
  • Defensive - Magneton OHKOs with Thunderbolt.
Gliscor:
  • Swords Dance - Blastoise owns this shit.
  • Substitute + Protect - Another reason to run Roar on Blastoise... Neverless by playing carefully, he wont have a chance.
  • AcroBat - Attack missed...FUUUUUUUUUUU. Neverless Haze can cancel its boosts; a bit more easier to handle.
  • Defensive - Same as Swords Dance.
Heatran:
  • Specially Defensive - Infernape owns this shit, while it does little to Dragonite & Blastoise.
Jirachi:
  • Specially Defensive - Ferrothorn trolls this guy. Infernape for the kill!
Skarmory:
  • Physically Defensive Spiker - Magneton fries his ass unless it has a SS. Blastoise wins 1 vs 1, while Infernape owns it with Fire Blast.
  • Specially Defensive Spiker - Same as above.
Ninetales:
  • Specially Defensive - Infernape.
Celebi:
  • Physically Defensive - Infernape, Dragonite and Azelf.
Forretress:
  • Physically Defensive Spiker - Once he gets trapped, Magneton murders him.
  • Specially Defensive Spiker - Same as above.
Gyarados:
  • RestTalk - Magneton and Ferrothorn.
Jellicent:
  • Utility Counter - Magneton handles him fairly well. If Blastoise catches him with Toxic, his presence will be very limited.
Tentacruel:
  • Toxic Spikes - Azelf OHKOs with Psyshock.
Gastrodon:
  • Tank - Ferrothorn, although a Scald burn hurts. Blastoise can poison him while Azelf´s Grass Knot or Psyshock deals a huge blow
Espeon:
  • Dual Screens - Can´t stop him from getting the screens, however their sweepers can´t set-up thanks to Blastoise´s Haze.
  • Baton Pass - Haze much? :3
Blissey:
  • Support - Infernape OHKOs with Close Combat after SR. Azelf 2HKOs with Psyshock, while Dragonite can set-up.
Vaporeon:
  • Wish Support - Magneton´s Volt Switch 2HKOs. Ferrothorn is nice, but fuck the Scald burns :@.
Latias:
  • Support - Blastoise can simply poison it and wear her down.
Bronzong:
  • Tank - Ferrothorn. Infernape for the kill. Blastoise trolls it.
  • Dual Screens - Ferrothorn and Blastoise.
Swampert:
  • Defensive - Ferrothorn and Blastoise.
Mew:
  • Stallbreaker - With prediction between Azelf and Infernape, I can work him out. Blastoise can phaze it regardless of Taunt.
Slowbro:
  • Tank - Azelf & Magneton.
Quagsire:
  • Curse - Ferrothorn although a Scald burn hurts. Azelf murders it with Grass Knot.
  • Specially Defensive - Same as above.
  • Physically Defensive - Same as above.
Cresselia:
  • Support - Blastoise can poison this bitch down and cripple her.
Deoxys-D:
  • Bulky Spiker - Made a ragequit once because I cant hurt it at all.
  • Toxic Staller - Easier to handle because it can do nothing to Ferrothorn.
Empoleon:
  • Specially Defensive - Ferrothorn, Infernape & Magneton.
Hippowdon:
  • Physical Tank - Ferrothorn & Blastoise
Xatu:
  • Standard - Same as Espeon and Gorebyss.
  • Dual Screens - Same as above ^_^.
Wobbuffet:
  • Bulky - It cant really trap my pokemons because of the constant scouting.
Whimsicott:
  • Prankster - Ferrothorn much?
Tangrowth:
  • Physically Defensive - Infernape is the only guy that can hurt him.
Sableye:
  • Prankster - With the Scald burn, he is more easier to deal with.
Porygon2:
  • Defensive - Infernape owns this shit.
Chansey:
  • Support - Me Infernapesta!

Lavos

Banned deucer.
This RMT is gorgeous and thorough and all the things that an exceptional RMT should be. Plus, it's based on the best anime series ever.

By the way, on Sloth's quote, he says "pain" instead of "drag". ^_^

I'll rate this when I have more time, but for now, all I can say is great job! I'm glad to see you still have it going on, Motagua. Excellent team!

Hey there.

Have to rate this because it has Magneton :)

Anyway, Rock Polish Terrakion seems like a problem for this team late-game. It can easily set up on Landorus locked into HP Ice or Stone Edge, as well as on Magneton (can take a Flash Cannon easily in sand). If Ferrothorn and Landorus have been weakened a bit, whic hsi highly probable late-game, it has a good chance of sweeping. You can easily fix this by running Mach Punch over Fake Out and Iron Fist over Blaze on Infernape. Iron Fist only works with Mach Punch, but Blaze only works for Overheat anyway, so it's not too big of a problem. Mach Punch can destroy Terrakion after a defense drop, and can even do upwards of 60% without a defense drop. This also means that you can knock out weakened Pokemon such as Latios and Scarf Rotom-W without having to switch out. Fake Out isn't too necessary anyway since Ferrothorn can handle most of the common switch-ins to Infernape.

Nice team. Hope I helped, and good luck!

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Nice team, Motagua, although I figured it would feature Reuniclus x_x. Anwyays, I can see any rain stall teams featuring a Tangrowth or Quagsire being a pretty big nuisance for the team, given that Dragonite will have a hard time breaking either and while Magneton may be a decent means of preventing Spikes, Stealth Rock is often laid by the team's Chansey and can rack up on Dragonite, Landorus and Infernape. While you do have Starmie, I'd really like to advocate the use of Recover on Starmie over Ice Beam, since that's essentially what makes Starmie so hard to kill for stall teams. Without the ability to recover, a stall team can simply keep luring in Starmie by laying hazards and just hurting it with their special wall until it dies. I don't really find Ice Beam extremely necessary on Starmie, since you already have a revenge killer in Landorus, which can KO the types you mentioned via HP Ice, Stone Edge and U-Turn. With Recover, Rain stall will have an extremely hard time killing Starmie, since it doesn't carry anything to trap it like some sand stall teams do with ScarfTar, guaranteeing your field to be hazard free for the majority of the match. Anyways, I think the best way you can pressure stall is by giving Spikes to Ferrothorn and putting Stealth Rock on Infernape over Fake Out, which, while being somewhat useful, is not entirely necessary on Infernape and can easily be replaced for Stealth Rock which Infernape can easily set on quite a few Pokemon. Spikes provide a great means of wearing down the opponent, as your U-Turn chain will cause switches and apply pressure. Spikes can allow you to wear down Pokemon that counter Dragonite, such as Quagsire to the point where you can 2HKO them and pull off the sweep. Overall, this team would really love Spikes to help apply extra pressure to Rain stall and score a few more KOs in general.

Change Summary:

Starmie:
Ice Beam-> Recover

Infernape:
Fake Out-> Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn:
Stealth Rock-> Spikes

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
@Lavos Spawn: Thank you bro for the compliment, I did a big effort to make this RMT as appealing as possible. Also I already corrected Sloth´s quote, thanks for pinpointing that :).

@ShakeItUp: Magneton FTW! And yeah, you´re pretty much right about Double Dance Terrakion. I will definitely test Iron Fist to deal more easily with Terrakion.

@Karpman: Lol what homunculus resembles Reuniclus? :o. Anyways, I don´t really have trouble with Rain Stall mainly because Magneton can trap Ferrothorn or Skarmory who are really common in them, and proceed to sweep with Dragonite. To be honest I never saw Tangrowth or Quagsire on Rain-stall, but anyways you mentioned Quagsire being a nuissance for the team and Starmie´s lack of recovery unappealing. You got a point there because Ferrothorn is the only pokemon that can deal with Quagsire and the Scald burn can be a bitch. I believe that running Recover on Starmie means that I need more power on him if I only got Water + Electric moves making Life Orb somewhat of a must but will make battling Rain stall more easier. Putting Stealth Rock on Infernape sounds unappealing to me considering ShakeItUp exhorts me to run Mach Punch and using 2 layers without a Ghost-type seems a waste of time. Thanks for your suggestions anyways, your point on Starmie is definitely helpful :D.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Homunculus: Tell me, why did you refuse to join me? Why God? How did I disappoint you?

Truth: You were incapable of believing in yourself. You stole your power from others, you rejected your human origin, and chose to covet the power of what you call God. You never grew beyond your days in the flask. Did you truly think you'd become superior to humans by removing your seven desires? Don't make me laugh!

Homunculus: What's wrong with that? I only wanted to obtain perfection? I wanted this worlds knowledge for my own! Why should I be punished for that? What's wrong with craving knowledge? What's wrong with seeking perfection? Well, speak! What are you, anyway? Do you even have a name? Who the hell do you think you are!?

Truth: Who am I? One name you might have for me is the world, or you might call me the universe, or perhaps God, or perhaps the Truth. I am All, and I am One. So, of course, this also means that I am you. I am the truth of your despair, the inescapable price of your boastfulness. And now, I will bestow upon you the despair you deserve...
Wow~ this translations is pretty bad. The Japanese is much more concise.

The last quote which I highlighted red should be something like: "You said that God deals the appropriate despair, so that humans will know their place... And so, I shall give you despair as well... :D"

Pretty sure, I'm just trying to remember off the top of my head.

Also, the English titles are pretty funny~ because in the Japanese, it would be like 強欲のグリード(Gouyoku no Greed), but "Gouyoku" and Greed mean the same thing... they're just explained that way because most Japanese viewers wouldn't know the English words, and the homunculi were named "Wrath", "Envy" etc. (instead of "Fundo", "Shitto", etc.) because SDS are Western in origin and they're just trying to be cool. That's why the names like "Wrath the Furious" make me laugh because it doesn't sound cool with 2 words that mean the same thing in the same language. :P

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
@Chou Toshio: Thanks for the japanese lessons! Lol, I actually copied the speech down from the video itself subtitled in Spanish, but I guess that all translations are never the same. I´ll be sure to edit it on the RMT. Thanks :).

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
Hey guys, just below the RMT I finally made a threatlist for this team. I should say I identified more threats than what I expected to be. Most of them are easily handled by Scizor so I am considering him for a spot on the team. Any suggestions? Feel free to suggest any other pokemon (except Magneton ¬¬) that could improve the team.

By the way, thank you everyone for the luvdiscs :D. I never ask for them but this is my 2nd RMT that gets unexpected luvdiscs and it really makes me happy that you start to like the teams I build or the format I present them. Thanks everyone! You guys are the best :D!

Hey

Got the request, solid team Motagua. It seems you're heading in the right direction if you want to set-up for a Dragon Dance Dragonite sweep. Although this team definitely has a glaring fighting-type weakness especially against Bulk Up Conkeldurr and Calm Mind Virizion. For instance BU Conkeldurr has the potential to set up alongside your every single Pokemon and directly take them down if used correctly, your one and only option would be able to hit it with stab Hydro Pump from Starmie and essentially finish it off via Infernape like you stated in your threat list. To be honest this is not a very reliable option while facing such a huge threat and should be taken into the consideration. On the other hand CM Virizion's superb typing and coverage allows it to be very difficult and situational to beat down and is clearly this team's biggest threat. None of your mons has the ability to revenge it safely. To fix all the above situations I highly encourage you to switch out Infernape for Nasty Plot Mew. This set utilizes Mew's natural bulk and solid typing to act as a shield while setting up. Nasty Plot skyrockets Mew’s Special Attack to 598 which gives it more enough power to decimate majority of the metagame. Psyshock is Mew’s standard stab move which lets it bypass Chansey and Blissey with ease. Aura Sphere provides perfect coverage demolishing the likes of defensive behemoths such as Tyranitar and Heatran. Fire Blast is Mew’s potent weapon against opposing bulky steel-types like Scizor and Bronzong. Shadow Ball is an excellent alternative over Fire Blast which gives you basic insurance against opposing psychic and ghost-type mons. Life Orb is more superior to Leftovers as it boosts Mew’s sweeping potential and turns many 2HKOs to OHKOs. Nasty Plot Mew also packs the capability to power through SkarBliss core teams better than Infernape. Originally, I had something like Offensive Calm Mind Latias and Alakazam in mind but after some thought NP Mew made a perfect candidate for this position thanks to its unpredictability and versatility.

Mew
@ Life Orb | Synchronize
Timid | 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
~ Nasty Plot
~ Psyshock
~ Aura Sphere
~ Fire Blast / Shadow Ball

For some minor changes, I greatly suggest running Recover over Ice Beam on Starmie. This new addition would be extremely beneficial for your team. It slightly increases Starmie's survivability and essentially makes it function even better. Starmie also becomes a great mid-game sweeper due to its great Speed and high Special Attack, especially when boosted by a Life Orb. Since you will only be running two attacking moves, Life Orb is a natural choice which will power up Starmie's attacks and works wonders in the conjunction with Recover. Overall this is a brilliant team and a prime example for Volt-turn in the current metagame, Good Luck!

Hey I have I small nitpick. I think magneton should have 220 speed EV's to outrun jolly scizor. They're getting popular and I don't really see any reason why you wouldn't run more speed to trap them reliably. Cool team.

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
@mostwanted: Thanks bro, you always help me out with my teams :). I tested Mew and it did great against stall teams while slightly solving my huge weakness to Conkeldurr. Unfortunately, without Infernape Sun Teams have a more easier time against me and if Mew is at low health, Virizion still sweeps me. However I removed Ice Beam on Starmie and used Recover with a Life Orb equipped. Starmie is now more durable and it helped a lot!

@animenagai: To be honest, I haven´t seen Jolly SD Scizor on ladder and if I run more Speed on Magneton, I´m afraid that he would either lack the power to 2HKO Ferrothorn if I remove Sp.Atk EVs or lose its bulk if I remove HP EVs. I tailored-made the EVs to what I needed specifically on Magneton. Neverless, I will keep that in mind. Thanks anyways :).

For the rest of you, I tested many of the suggestions you made. I should say, a friend of mine contacted me and recommended me to use LO Azelf instead of Landorus and Scarf Infernape. So far, the team has being doing way better with this changes and I am on my way to head back to 1400s. However, I am still testing Rapid Spinners mainly because I dont like having 2 Psychic types on the same team (I fear Scarf T-tar being able to easily remove Azelf & Starmie). So far Blastoise did well, while Tentacruel was a terrible fail. Anyone more suggestions?

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
The team was updated. Life Orb Azelf replaced Infernape as the stallbreaker, while Scarfed Infernape replace Landorus as the revenge-killer. Starmie was replaced by Utility Blastoise as the Rapid spinner while providing a very necesary bulk for the team. The team was updated as well as the threatlist. Thanks guys for everything :). Any more suggestions?

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Innovative team, Mortagua! Nice to see Azelf and Blastoise (o_o) seeing some action :d

In the Rain, Magneton would have tons of trouble killing off Ferrothorn, especially if it has Leech Seed. I would consider Metal Sound over either Thunderbolt or Flash Cannon to reliably dispatch Ferrothorn even in the Rain.

I also suggest Flare Blitz on your Scarf Infernape. It lets Infernape OHKO offensive Volcarona in the sun (w/o Rocks) without Stone Edge. As your team's revenge killer, it should be able to reliably OHKO Volcarona.

Seeing how Dragonite and your Volt-Turn strategy relies on the lack of Rapid Spin on your team's field, I suggest Foresight over Toxic on Blastoise to get those Rocks spun even in the face of a Ghost-type. Also Haze would be a much more reliable way of beating Baton Pass teams than Dragon Tail. Not only does Haze bypasses Magic Bounce, it also works through Substitute, which is beneficial when you have to face a Smash Pass team. Roar is still useful to phaze out Sub Kyurem, Sub Hydreigon, and Sub Acrobatics Gliscor, though, which Blastoise's weak Dragon Tail fails to break (it can break Hydreigon's Substitute with Relaxed Nature, though). Basically, Haze and Roar are better (p)hazing moves than Dragon Tail on Blastoise, imo.

Note that Haze and Foresight are incompatible with Rain Dish, so you would need to go with Torrent.

Congrats for successfully creating an original team, Mortagua :)

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
@Pocket: Hey Pocket! I just saw your rate today, and didn´t had time to check Smogon yesterday. I will definitely try Flare Blitz instead of Fire Blast, however my only concern is that Infernape might end up dying too quickly considering that he really is an important revenge killer on this team.

Metal Sound souns like a really good option to have an easier time against Ferrothorn specially if he is under Rain, so I will definitely test it out.

You really made a fantastic replacement for Dragon Tail with Haze! I have trouble with Smash Pass Teams that managed to get under a Sub where this weak attack fails to break. Haze definitely sounds like an amazing option to deal with them and I don´t really mind the loss of Rain Dish, since it is mainly a filler ability. With Haze on Blastoise, I believe that I can run max Def to fully abuse that 100 base stat. Foresight sounds good as an excellent option to spin Rocks even in front of Jellicent, but I just found more important to catch that very same pokemon with Toxic, as well as other common switch-ins like Lati@s, Rotom-W, etc. Neverless Foresight really deserves a test run. Thanks Pocket, you and mostwanted always make the best rates for my teams and your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you for everything :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)