The Hunger Pains

Huge thank you to EBeast for giving me the type banners and making me the type chart.
Side note: If you see grammar errors, please inform me. Thanks!
The Hunger Pains
I am unconditionally and irrevocably in love with this series. I can truthfully say this book will always have a spot deep in my heart; a spot that only this series will ever fill. It's only fitting that I would make a team for this series, is it not? The team consists of characters that are my favorite and easily the most memorable. My only wish is that I could have a seventh team member for Peeta.

Team at a Glance

"Katniss" Chansey --- Wish supporter, special sponge

@ Eviolite

Natural Cure
4HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm
-Wish
-Protect
-Toxic
-Seismic Toss

Standard Wish Chansey. She supports the team via Wish, recovering nearly all of my team fully. Mostly for Giratina-o, Forretress and Kyogre. Generally save Chansey for late-game, as, early on Giratina-o and Ferrothorn are more resourceful. However, after Ferrothorn is gone and can no longer be used to counter threats like Palkia and Kyogre, I am relieved Chansey is still there. Toxic helps stall the life force out of my opponent's mons with Wish + Protect. Mainly for mons unaffected by Toxic Spikes *COUGH*Lugia and Giratina-o*COUGH*.
Synergy
Giratina-o​

"Haymitch" Ferrothorn --- Spiker, Kyogre killer, Leech Seeder, utility, etc.
/

@ Leftovers

Iron Barbs
252 HP / 48 Atk / 210 SpD
Careful
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Protect
-Power Whip

One of the most important things in the Uber metagame is having a Groudon and Kyogre counter. Ferrothorn can counter both of these dreadful mons, provided Groudon dosn't carry the odd Fire Punch (or Flamethrower / Fire Blast). Ferrothorn, along with this, is one of the best Spikers in the Uber metagame. The Leech Seed + Protect combo grants Ferrothorn with the full benefits Leech Seed has to offer, while Protect also scouts the opponent for deadly moves, like Fire Blast on Palkia. Power Whip is there for standard STAB, also lets it kill Gastrodon, Kyogre and Groudon. With Kyogre support, Ferrothorn's 4X weakness to Fire-type attacks drops down to a mere 2X weakness, like his Fighting-type weakness. However, if Groudon switches in, it goes up to a 6X weakness and if Tyranitar, Hippowdon or Abomasnow switch in it returns to his regular 4X weakness.
Synergy
Kyogre, Giratina-o
Giratina-o​

"Annie" Forretress --- Stealth Rocker, Toxic Spiker, Rapid Spinner, utility.
/

@ Leftovers

Sturdy
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Pain Split

The first three moves are kind of self-explanatory. Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes help to wear down threats. Toxic Spikes by substantially decimating their life forces each turn and Stealth Rock by decreasing a set amount as soon as it's sent out based on its typing. Rapid Spin rids my side of the field of entry hazards that may be placed, Toxic is there as a filler, thinking of dropping it for Protect, as you can see, but Toxic helps for Ghost-type switch-ins and Lugia switch-ins. With Kyogre support, Forretress' 4X weakness to Fire-type attacks drops down to a mere 2X weakness. However, if Groudon switches in, it goes up to a 6X weakness and if Tyranitar, Hippowdon or Abomasnow switch in it returns to his regular 4X weakness.
Synergy
Kyogre, Giratina-o​

"Finnick" Kyogre --- Rain bringer, primary killer.

@ Choice Scarf

Drizzle
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest
-Water Spout
-Surf
-Thunder
-Ice Beam

Standard ScrfOgre. Pretty great for killing Mewtwo, Darkrai, and other mons that can't take a rain-boosted Surf / Water Spout. Obvious stat distribution, obvious moveset, Modest nature to get the most out of Kyogre's base 150 SpA, as, Kyogre doesn't have a Life orb or Choice Specs to fall back on. Usually use this to start the game with. Great adddition for this team.
Synergy
Ferrothorn, Giratina
Ferrothorn, Forretress, Giratina-o​

"Gale" Arceus --- Calm Mind sweeper, late-game sweeper

@ Fighting Plate

Multitype
252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid
-Recover
-Calm Mind
-Judgment
-Ice Beam

Pretty amazing Calm Mind sweeper. The HP EVs gives Arceus great initial bulk. Amazing STAB in this metagame, Earth-typed Judgment, with Ice Beam, this leads to amazing coverage. Not many mons have the privilege of saying the resist this type combination. Recover lets it heal off damage it may accumulated while getting some Calm Minds up, then proceed to sweep.
Synergy
None
Ferrothorn, Forretress​

"Johanna" Giratina-o --- Physical tank, pHazer
/

@ Griseous Orb

Levitate
248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish
-Will-o-Wisp
-Roar
-Shadow Sneak
-Dragon Claw

I saw this set posted on Psycho Cut's "Ceremonials" RMT and immediately fell in love with it. This set is one of the best Giratina-o sets I've seen, it counters so many threats it's unbelievable. This guy is an amazing counter to Extreme Killer Arceus, as, it lives a +2 Arceus Shadow Claw and can either phaze it out with Roar or burn it with WoW. If you go to WoW, you should immediately switch out and go to Ferrothorn, Iron Barbs on top of LO and burn is quite deadly. It also easily counters Excadrill, who may or may not be problematic for some teams, Blaziken and other formes of physical Arceus, like SD Ghostceus. However, if any Arceus uses Shadow Force as you Roar / WoW it, you should immediately switch to Ferrothorn / Chansey to take this hit, as, Giratina-o will not be able to take a +2 Shadow Force.
252 Atk +2 Adamant LO Arceus Shadow Claw vs. 248/252 Impish Giratina-o: 59.24% - 69.58% (298 - 350 HP)
252 Atk +2 Adamant LO Excadrill +2 Rock Slide vs. 248/252 Impish Giratina-o: 31.41% - 36.78% (158 - 185 HP)
252 Atk +2 Adamant LO Blaziken Flare Blitz vs. 248/252 Impish Giratina-o: 28.03% - 33% (141 - 166 HP)
252 Atk +2 Adamant LO Arceus-Ghost Shadow Claw vs. 248/252 Impish Giratina-o: 66.8% - 78.73% (298 - 350 HP)
252SpA Naive Deoxys-A Ice Beam vs. 248/0 Impish Giratina-o: 52.88% - 62.43% (266 - 314 HP)

Synergy
Chansey, Ferrothorn, Forretress
Ferrothorn, Forretress
Ferrothorn, Forretress
Forretress, Kyogre

Closing Comments
This team got me to top ten on the Uber ladder a while ago, but at that time I had Tentacruel over Forretress and a Chansey moveset of Softboiled, Stealth Rock, Heal Bell and Seismic Toss. I hated having to use Blissey for Stealth Rock, it seemed like a waste of Blissey's talents, thus my switching Tentacruel for Forretress, swapping Blissey for Chansey, and giving Chansey a riveting new set. And, honestly, Forretress fits in this team perfectly.

Katniss (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Haymitch (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

Annie (Forretress) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Finnick (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Gale (Arceus-Fighting) @ Fist Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Ice Beam

Johanna (Giratina-O) @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Claw

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Rain Dish
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Protect
-Scald

Blissey @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm
-Softboiled / Wish
-Heal Bell / Protect
-Stealth Rock / Toxic
-Seismic Toss

Mewtwo: This thing is a monster. The biggest in all of Uber. Let's just say that there is a reason that it beat out Groudon this generation for the #2 spot on the Ubers ladder. It comes in on most all of my team, gets a CM up, and sweeps everything.
Lugia: Unless Lugia lacks Subsitute, she is extremely easy to handle. Forretress and Chansey can easily switch in and Toxic the blob. But SubRoost Lugia with Toxic is easily one of the most annoying mons for my team to deal with. I am generally forced to sacrifice the health of Arceus or Kyogre to beat it.
Ho-Oh: He switches in on nearly any of my team members, specifically Ferrothorn and Forretress, if I didn't Toxic the switch-in with Forretress, and proceeds to Sub, Roost and then kill everything. Normally, physical threats aren't much of a problem, as my Giratina-o beats them, but in this case, Ho-Oh cannot be burned...
Kyogre: Choice Specs Kyogre is extremely difficult for this team to counter, as it is for nearly any team. Its Water Spout 2HKOs my entire team, so be careful.
Groudon: Any team that uses Kyogre, Ferrothorn and Forrtress will consider this fellow a threat, even if they can easily counter and kill him. All he has to do is switch in and he changes my peaceful rainy setting into one of sunshine and hell.
Rayquaza: Is guy is 100% obnoxiousness. All he has to do is switch in on my Ferrothorn or Forretress and he's guaranteed a DD or SD. After which he can sweep through 1 or two of my teammates.
Deoxys-Attack forme: I tend to just hope he's an LO variant, so my Giratina-o can switch in and kill him with STAB Shadow Sneak. If not, however, it lives an Ice Beam and then kills him.
Darkrai: Darkrai, honestly, is hard for any team to deal with. He switches in, Sleeps someone, Subs, uses a Nasty Plot, and does a helluva lot damage with +2 STAB Dark Pulse. Sometimes, you see Darkrai without Dark Void, and you switch into a mon you wanted to take the sleep, but turns out you just gave him a free Sub and Nasty Plot.
Shaymin-Sky forme: One of the most annoying mons ever created. Serene Grace equates to 80% SpD drop from Seed Flare and 60% flinch rate from Air Slash. I find it easiest to play around him, though, so that's what I tend to do.
Lum Berry Arceus: I already told you my main means of dealing with physical Arceus was to WoW it and let it kill itself with its terrible damage and accumulated LO damage, however, Lum Berry eliminates this from happening, so it's only fitting I add it to my threats list.
Reshiram: In the sun, this guy even 2HKOs Blissey, the fat pink blob who holds the title "best special wall in the game", with Blue Flare. A special attack. Provided Reshiram is a Specs variant, or even has sun support when I have Kyogre... But the problem still stands and I have 2 mons, Ferrothorn and Forretress, who are 4X weak to Fire-type attacks.
Zekrom: More specifically Sub Hone Claws Zekrom. I usually use Ferrothorn, obviously, to counter this thing the instance it makes its appearance, but with a Sub up there's nothing Ferro can do other than allow him to get plenty of Hone Claws up for his inevitable sweep... (Although, Groundceus could come in on Zekrom and beat him with Ground-typed Judgment, forcing Zekrom to leave the field.)

Happy Hunger Games!!
Note: RMT changes to mons I am currently testing, but importable will stay as the original team until I am done testing and find the mons I'm testing are better.

Hello there Adam Lambert, nice team you have there.

As you know, Sub Hone Claws Zekrom is a huge threat. It sets up on 4 of your pokemon with ease (Giratina-O, Forretress, Blissey, and Ferrothorn), and once it has a Hone Claws under its belt, you have literally no counters to it. The only pokemon that has a chance at checking it is Fighting Arceus, but a +1 Attack Zekrom deals massive damage (252 +1 Atk Zekrom (+Atk) Bolt Strike vs 252 HP/0 Def Arceus-Fighting: 74.55% - 88.06% 2 hits to KO). Once Fighting Arceus is gone, Zekrom has a field day with this team. Sure, you have Kyogre to check it but you can only do it once Zekrom's substitute is removed.

To fix this problem, I suggest replacing your Fighting Arceus with a CM Ground-Arceus which can handle most Zekrom sets better. As of now, your Fighting Arceus I presume was not meant to fit with a defensive core but to be a sweeper. The Arceus set I proposed works well too - having great coverage with Ground and Ice moves.

Another weakness is that you have no switch into Specs Kyogre Water Spout (252 SpAtk Choice Specs Kyogre (+SpAtk) Water Spout vs 4 HP/252 SpDef Blissey: 65.95% - 77.76% 2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)).
To help reduce that danger, possibly replace Blissey with Chansey (Remember, Chansey still gets 2HKOed. In order to beat SpecsOrgre you would have to play carefully)). You are not using any attacking moves and only 4 HP EVs, so Chansey should be able to do the same role better than Blissey could and have better bulk. The only downside to Chansey is lack of leftovers.

Other than that, your team seems fine to me (although Ferrothorn and Forretress seems redundant, maybe replace Forretress with Tentacruel or Bulky Excadrill).

Also, possibly replace Dragon Tail for Roar on Giratina-O to help check SubRoost Ho-oh better.

Just a nitpick:
This guy is an amazing counter to Extreme Killer Arceus, as, it lives a +2 Arceus Shadow Claw and can either phaze it out with Dragon Tail or burn it with WoW.
Giratina-O does not counter Extreme Killer (or SD Ghost Arceus) with Shadow Force by itself, you need Blissey/Chansey also. Replace it with "This guy is an amazing counter to Extreme Killer Arceus with Shadow Claw..." or "This guy is an amazing counter to Extreme Killer Arceus in conjunction with Blissey/Chansey...".

In Short:
Replace Fighting Arceus with CM Ground-Arceus
Replace Blissey with Chansey

Good Luck!

Thanks for the rate, I really appreciate it. :)

And yeah, I was thinking of replacing Blissey with Chansey while I was writing my RMT, and even before that. Will give Groundceus a go.

As for your comment of Fighting-Arceus, you're right that it wasn't meant to be in my defensive core, and that it was meant to be more of a sweeper of a sort, but I am liking your idea of Groundceus.

I was also thinking about replacing Dragon Tail with Roar, thanks for giving me insight that I definitely should.

Unfortunately, I cannot switch Forretress for Tentacruel, as much as I would like to, because I wouldn't have Stealth Rock. :/

Hi, nice team there. I have a similar team but with Skarmory, Tentacruel, Bulky Ground Arceus with Perish Song, and Giratina-A. Sorry for posting this really long rate, don't feel like you have to make any of these changes and even with this criticism it's a very strong team.

Dragon Tail --> Roar on Giratina-O. This won't help that much, to be honest. It makes Giratina-O worse against everything that isn't Ho-Oh, and is only slightly better against it. Ho-Oh is still going to be dealing large amounts of damage with Brave Bird and getting 50% burns; Roar only checks Ho-Oh once if Giratina-O is at high health. The only surefire way to check Ho-Oh with a Giratina would be to add a resttalk Giratina-A set, or try to fit Stone Edge on Giratina-O.

Moveset changes:

Toxic --> Pain Split on Forretress. This way Forretress can setup on Giratina-O with HP Fire or Aura Sphere in the rain, and Pain Split away any damage taken. The same goes for Giratina-A. Each time it comes in to spinblock, you can bring Forretress up to max (or near max) health and get up more hazards. Pain Split is good against Ferrothorns since it extends Forretress's life long enough to prevent hazards. Also give 0 Speed IVs to Forretress to make Forretress slower than a neutral speed nature Ferrothorn.

Protect --> Softboiled on Chansey. If you face a Dragon Tail Giratina-O and hazards are up, Chansey cannot recover, and if it dies big holes are opened up in your team.

Modest nature Kyogre is helpful for taking out Mewtwo, but if you feel you would rather risk speed ties then don't change it.

Threats:

Darkrai - Since you don't have Heal Bell on Chansey you have to sacrifice something to sleep. You then have to play with 5 pokes unless you manage to find time to wait for your poke to wake up. Burns and Toxic also become a problem. I'd suggest making the change from wish to heal bell since a Toxic'd Kyogre/Arceus-Ground, or burned Giratina-O/Ferrothorn is not good. While Kyogre/Giratina need wish for recovery, if they are status'd it won't really matter.

Rayquaza - It sets up on Ferrothorn, Forretress, Chansey, and Kyogre locked into any move besides Ice Beam, getting a free Dragon Dance. If a few hazards are up or Arceus-Ground is not at full health, it can do a lot of damage to your team after it is +1. Yes, you can go into Ferrothorn to wall a predicted outrage, but if you predict wrong, you could be screwed. Arceus Ground takes a whopping 80-96 percent from +1 LO Outrage. Therefore I would suggest changing the current set to the one below, which takes only 71-84 percent. CM Ground Arceus isn't that good viable since Mewtwo, Kyogre, and Palkia all beat it with supereffective moves. This Arceus set has a decent amount of bulk and is outspeeds non-choiced Palkia.

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Judgment
- Perish Song
- Recover

Taunt - Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, Psystrike, Recover Mewtwo and Sub, EQ, Toxic, Taunt Gliscor can really do a lot of damage to your team. Mewtwo beats Giratina-O one on one, and then proceeds to stall out the rest of your team. Kyogre is the only check to this Mewtwo set, and it is not a very reliable one since you might not always be able to keep it alive, and undoubtedly a player using Taunt Mewtwo will have a Kyogre switch in. Similarly, Gliscor Substitutes on Ferrothorn, Forretress, Chansey, and Giratina-O and then can Toxic Kyogre or Ground Arceus on the switch, crippling them. Without changing your team a lot, there isn't an easy way to beat Taunt so you really have to just play around it. This is the main reason why I stopped using my version of the team.

Lum Berry Extremekiller Arceus - If Giratina-O is not at full health and Arceus sets up to +2 on something (it can setup on Ice Beam locked Kyogre, Forry, Chansey, and sometimes Ferrothorn), then Arceus can almost take out your whole team. Giratina-O + Ferrothorn is not enough to have for Arceus, since Arceus can tear through both. Even if it can't sweep all or half of your team, it is pretty much guaranteed to take down one poke. Giratina-A can help check this better.

Specs Kyogre - It 2hkos your entire team. While it can't come in on Chansey or Ferrothorn, it CAN come in on Arceus-Ground, Forretress, and Giratina-O. Then you are guaranteed to lose a poke on your switch (or have Kyogre weakened) since full health Water Spout 2hkos everything on your team. Sp. defensive Giratina-A walls this pretty well, taking <50% from Water Spout.

Change Summary:
Toxic --> Pain Split on Forretress
0 Speed IVs on Forretress
Wish --> Heal Bell on Chansey
Protect --> Softboiled on Chansey
Timid --> Modest on Kyogre
Change your Arceus-Ground set
Change Giratina-O to a Resttalk Sp. Defensive Giratina-A set (This checks Ho-Oh better, checks Specs Kyogre, and can check SD Arceus better than Giratina-O).

Overall, pretty good team, most of your weaknesses can be played around anyways. Good luck!

Haha, thanks for catching my mistake of having Timid nature on Kyogre. The importable says Modest, I must've got carried away last night.

I like your idea of having Pain Split on Forretress. I'm not a fan of ResTalk Gira, though. I tried a bulky Groundceus on my team and I didn't like it too much. Will definitely think about your Chansey proposals, however.

And, yeah, Roar vs. DTail is very situational...

Thanks for your rate. :)

EDIT: Been testing CM Groundceus, and I think I'm probably going to just use defensive Groundceus. Groundceus just doesn't have the typing to use CM when everything has Ice Beam and it's weak to 3/4 moves Kyogre can use...

Bump. ;)

Please rate, I mean, if you if you want to compliment it, that works. But... I feel likem500 views with only 5 replies, 1 being an accident..., is kind of lulzy. Anything helps, whether you feel like 1 move on a mon should be dropped for another, or something of that capacity. Thanks! :)

No Peeta? :(

The Ferrothorn + Forretress Combo seems really rather redundant to me, and the two of them together do nothing but slow the team down substantially. Swift Swim Ludicolo checks Kyogre and Groudon more reliably than Ferro ever could, it also benefits from the rain to a greater extent and keeps the offensive momentum ever in your favor. You could also use the Subseed set, it really comes down to personal preference.

Ludicolo-
@Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
Modest 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Hydro Pump
~ Grass Knot
~ Ice Beam
~ Focus Blast

Now that you have a more reliable check to Kyogre, Chansey isn't really pulling its weight. In fact, the only thing I see it doing for this team is wish passing, which is hardly enough to warrant a team spot. Wish Support Jirachi does the exact same thing, while contributing more to the team in the form of resistances as well as annoying the opponet to death :P. It also counters Mewtwo in the rain.

Jirachi-
@Leftovers
Careful 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
~ Wish
~ Iron Head
~ Protect / U-turn
~ Body Slam / Thunder Wave

Of course, the decision to follow my advice ultimately lays in your hands, but dont let me push you into changing your team. If you feel that my arguments are not justifiable, then feel free to disregard my advice (Although I do implore you to at least try my suggestions, as I firmly believe that they will benefit your team) Other than that, solid team and RMT!

GL!

Well I would recommend you use only one of forry, ferrothorn as they do kind of the same things. I use a max hp max spdef dialga that does wonders: twave, stealth rock(which means you can get rid of ferrothorn and put spikes on forry), draco meteor and roar. Twave cripples mewtwo like none other and hurts lugia. stealth rock is necessary and roar goes past lugia subs so it gets hit by stealth rock more. max hp max spdef takes about 64% from specs water spout in the rain so then you twave and dmeteor or set up rocks. its a great annoyer and tank/phaser. other than that i think you MAY want to consider switching chansey for a really bulky palkia. it takes specs water spouts at like 24% for the offensive scarf set, but max hp max spdef with toxic and thunder could be good for your team in case you get caught against a rain sweeper like kabutops who hates thunder and water attacks are 4x resisted. nice team though

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chansey, Ferrothorn, Scarf Kyogre, Fighting Arceus, Giratina-O, Ferrothorn, Forretress

Cool team, but there are a few big threats that are capable of demolishing your core. Your Giratina-O set is also suboptimal, as Wish passing to it is unreliable due to the prevalence of Roar and Dragon Tail, not to mention the huge vulnerability of Giratina-O to status.

The threats to this team are, in order of importance -

Choice Specs Kyogre

Substitute + Hone Claws Zekrom

ExtremeKiller (would be higher if Lum wasn't so uncommon)

DD Rayquaza - Fighting Arceus can't reliably check it with that spread.

Mewtwo - forces Fighting Arceus out and everything risks heavy damage. StallTwo also rips shit up.

Ho-Oh - Giratina-O with no recovery will be worn down by Brave Birds quickly, a burn will also cripple it.

Darkrai - no sleep absorber = annoying

Gliscor - stallbreaker, what do?????

There are a few smaller threats to do with issues of match up, such as Forretress having no way to spin (no Volt Switch and no Dragon to threaten Giratina-A). These can be fixed.

Choice Specs Kyogre is massively difficult to handle for a team like this, and short of changing 3 Pokemon (either Grass Arceus or SDef Giratina-A, and the other changes to accommodate these) the team will always struggle with it somewhat.

Easier changes you can make are - using Bulky Rain Excadrill over Forretress, you lose Toxic Spikes, but can reliably beat Substitute + Hone Claws Zekrom, and opposing Giratina-O, and Dragon Tail Giratina-A. Easily the best Pokemon to pull off a Rapid Spin with.

Excadrill
move 1: Rapid Spin
move 2: Substitute / Stealth Rock
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Swords Dance
item: Leftovers
ability: Mold Breaker
nature: Adamant
evs: 176 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD / 68 Spe

Substitute shields you from Leech Seed and Will-O-Wisp, but if you really want to keep Wish-passing on Chansey Stealth Rock can be kept on Excadrill. You lose Toxic Spikes but the huge utility from Excadrill should be invaluable.

Chansey should now have Stealth Rock in her moveset, and considering the amount of free turns the pink blob gets, she is a prime candidate to set it up.

move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Softboiled
move 3: Toxic
move 4: Seismic Toss
item: Eviolite
ability: Natural Cure
nature: Calm
evs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD

Fighting Arceus' spread should be changed to accommodate Rayquaza. This will also help with ExtremeKiller, as Lum Berry lacks the power to bust through a more defensive Fighting Arceus, whereas all other ones (Silk Scarf, Life Orb) are susceptible to burns from Will-O-Wisp. This spread guarantees the avoidance of an OHKO from +1 Adamant Life Orb Rayquaza's Outrage, and is only OHKOed by +2 Adamant Life Orb ExtremeSpeed 3.25% of the time after Stealth Rock and three layers of Spikes. A minor investment in Special Attack ensures the OHKO against Rayquaza, even without Stealth Rock. The Speed outspeeds Hasty Rayquaza.

Fighting Arceus
move 1: Judgment
move 2: Ice Beam
move 3: Calm Mind
move 4: Recover
item: Fist Plate
ability: Multitype
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 4 SpA / 168 Spe

Giratina-O needs to use Rest + Sleep Talk; there's no two ways about it. This gives it much needed longevity, and provides someone to take Darkrai's Sleep. This set can also take on Ho-Oh much better. Uninvested Shadow Sneak doesn't do dick to Mewtwo anyway, so it was really only helpful for Deoxys-A.

move 1: Rest
move 2: Sleep Talk
move 3: Roar
move 4: Will-O-Wisp
item: Griseous Orb
ability: Levitate
nature: Impish
evs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 Spe

weaks to StallTwo and Gliscor remain, sadly. They're always a nightmare for stall though u_u.

heyho ! :3
so ur using rainstall... nice team at all but try tenta > forre cuz raindish and t spikes

than i prefer SR on chansey but thats up to you.

and one last thing... Hooh destroys ur whole team!! if u want try rockceus / grassceus with stoneedge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)