Garbodor (Suicide Spiker) (QC 3/3)

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
(If/When this gets approved, I'll start the write up after the upcoming tier shifts as Mag and Cryo leaving are big for Garbo. Also blame Zebraiken if any of this is wrong!!!)

[SET]
name: Suicide Spiker
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Explosion
move 3: Rock Blast
move 4: Toxic Spikes / Gunk Shot
item: Focus Sash
nature: Jolly
ability: Weak Armor
evs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 190 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
- While the Bulky Spiker set tries to set up 3 layers of Spikes over a course of the match, this set tries to get up as many layers as possible and then explodes, allowing you a free switch in.
- The cool thing about this set is that bar Taunt users, it will almost always get 2-3 layers up a game due to Weak Armor giving it +1 speed every time its hit by a physical move.
- Spikes is the obligatory hazards.
- While Explosion is for when you want to go out with a bang and get a free switch. It also prevents Armaldo from bringing you down to your sash and spinning away your hazards.
- Rock Blast is there to stop Ninjask from setting up on you. Its also nice for hitting Haunter and Swellow hard. Also can be useful for breaking frail Substitutes.
- Toxic Spikes are cool to really put a damper on Musharna and Serperior as it keeps them from wanting to set up. Gunk Shot is a cool option however as it is Garbodor’s strongest move.
- Really good suicide lead for offensive teams. Not really suited for bulky teams.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
- The EV spread allows you to outspeed Swellow at +1 and the 252 EVs in attack are so Garbodor can hit as hard as possible with Explosion and gives some oomph to Rock Blast. The remaining EVs are dropped in HP for some bulk.
- You can also use Adamant if you find that Explosion is still too weak. If so, use this spread to outspeed Tauros at +1; 64 HP / 252 Atk / 194 Spe
- Focus Sash is the primary item as it allows you to get up multiple layers and then Boom out. However, Leftovers is another option if you want to try and keep Garbodor alive but generally you are better off setting up layers and then exploding.
-Normal Gem is cool for boosting Explosion's power.
- Good teammates include Ghosts that can take advantage of the hazards, such as NP Misdreavus and Haunter. They also spinblock for the trash bag.
-Drifblim gets a special mention since with spikes its Acrobatics set can muscle through Rock and Steel types.
- Other things that can take advantage of hazards like Samurott, Swellow, Braviary, and basically anything that has U-Turn/ Volt Switch. Special mention goes to Eelektross for its fantastic coverage, ground immunity, and access to Volt Switch.
- Samurott causes this set a lot of trouble as it can Waterfall you down to Sash(and possibly flinch) and then Aqua Jet you before you get to Explode on him. Serperior, Leafeon, and Sawsbuck all take care of this problem while also taking advantage of Spikes.
- Torterra is also a good teammate to use with Garbodor as it provides SR while also beating Golem and providing a nice ground resist. Spikes also make Torterra’s Wood Hammer much harder to switch into.
- Fast special attackers like Charizard can give this set hell so good partners include something that can outspeed and OHKO them. Examples include Cinccino, Zebstrika, Swellow, and Samurott(with Aqua Jet).

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
give normal gem a mention in AC I'd say, helpful to boost that explosion
anyway I'm really not too sure with posting new sets with bw2 and tier shifts imminent, have you talked this over with zeb etc?

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
BW2 changes don't really matter. I'm pretty sure BW2 stuff won't be implemented from day 1 anyways. It's going to take a while until everything is cleared out and we don't know what Unova Pokémon with DW abilities are released from the start etc.

Might as well get this QC approved or something, and then MMF can do what ever he wants with the write-up; if he does it now or after the tier shifts is up to him, the Garbodor analysis is up to date anyways and I or someone else will make changes to it to reflect this set being added accordingly when it is done. This was already said when I was working on Garbodor anyways (like removing this set from OO etc.). I would personally write it after the tier shifts though, like MMF stated in the OP.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mention DrifPimp since it can kinda block spin and loves Spikes support to hurt Rock- and Steel-types.

QC Approved 2/3

Perhaps make a quick mention that it's a good idea to pair this with Pokemon that cryogonal (or more realistically armaldo) can't spin on? Admittedly a lot pf things fall in that category but its just a thought. Otherwise this is good with me.

QC 3/3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)