Yeah, Me & My Mienshao Again.

Mienshao, for some odd reason, has gained my main and full attention these past months. I've tried to use other Pokemon in the way that I use it but everything else has fallen short of my expectations. With Mienshao at my disposal, I can scout, sweep, lose & regain HP, and easily get the momentum going to get my teams functioning effectively. Needless to say, Mienshao is OU for a reason. After all, being able to abuse LifeOrb and restore the HP effortlessly is an incredible trait to have in a Pokemon. Without further do, here's my new and improved Team Mienshao OU.

Mienshao@LifeOrb; Regenerator
Jolly: 0/252/0/0/4/252
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Mienshao is awesome. It's my scout, my lead, my sweeper...I guess you'd call it the glue to the team. It makes up in power what it does not have in its defenses, or lack there of. Hi Jump Kick is amazing. KO'ing everything left and right...except if it misses...then, it sucks... otherwise, its powerful attack OHKO/2HKO almost everything. Fake Out really doesn't need an explanation. It breaks Focus Sash users and Sturdy ability Pokemon's advantages. I chose Stone Edge over HP(Ice) after Mienshoa continued to be KO'ed by weak Sp.Attacks. Overall, Stone Edge, in my opinion, is the better choice for Mienshao to abuse. Even after Intimidate, Salamence is still OHKO'ed by the attack, which is good enough reason for me to use it. U-turn, obviously, is for effective scouting. It also keeps the cycle of U-turn and VoltSwitch going long enough for the opponent to see that trying to predict the ext attack is almost useless. Okay, enough love for Mienshao. :P

Reuniclus(*Jell-o*)@Leftover; MagicGuard
Bold: 252/0/252/0/4/0
- Psychic
- Shadowball
- CalmMind
- Recover

Reuniclus, my little amazing jelly alien baby. Reuniclus is amazing. It takes physical attacks like a boss and give just enough damage back. CalmMind lets its power grow while making it into somewhat of a Sp. wall, while already functioning as a physical wall. Psychic is for STAB and power, and after 6+ Psychic 2HKO/3HKOs Bold Eviolite Chansey and Blissey. Shadowball is for those pesky Ghost Pokemon and Psychic Pokemon that try and set up their own CalmMind to wall. Even Calm Jellicent fear a 2+ Shadowball from Reuniclus with a passion. Hell, Reuniclus even takes Victini's V-Create respectively. Reuniclus is my walling set up sweeper...enough said.

Landorus(InariOkami)@ChoiceScarf; SandForce
Naive: 0/252/0/4/0/252
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- HP(Ice)
- U-turn

Landorus, how do I describe you? Powerful. Fast. Strong as an ox when in Sand storm. Landorus is awesome. Not as awesome as Mienshao in my opinion, but awesome nonetheless. Being one of two on this team that abuse Choice Scarf. Truth be told, I mainly use Landorus because of the wide threat that Sand teams pose in the current metagame. Earthquake is powerful along with STAB. Rock Slide, along with EQ, gains quite a boost under Sand storm. I chose Rock Slide over Stone Edge because of assurance and the flinch possibility. HP(Ice) enables Landorus to handle Gliscor quite easily, as well as opposing Landous and Dragons. U-turn allows Landorus to continue to cycle through the opposing team while allowing the VoltTurn strategy to function properly.

Jellicent@Leftovers; Water Absorb
Calm: 252/0/4/0/252/0
- Scald
- Recover
- Taunt
- Will-o-wisp

Does Jellicent really need to be described? It's ovbviously a stallbreaker. I mean, with the given EVs, you can tell that it's also a wall. Sp. wall ofcourse. Will-o-wisp is to lessen the damage of physical attacks on Jellicent while helping the rest of the team out in the long run. Recover us for when things get alittle scary and Jellicent just needs to heal off any residual switch in damage. Scald is for when Jellicent is outsped and Taunted, thus allowing Jellicent to possibly burn the foe even after being Taunted... Thank you, Game Freak... :P

Scizor(Sensou)@Choice Band; Technician
Adamant: 100/252/0/0/100/56
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- SuperPower
- Pursuit

You wouldn't believe how often this Scizor traps Pokemon. From Alakazam to Latios, and Espeon to Latias. Being Choice Banded, Sizor's power is enormous. U-turn on this big bad metal mantis is crazy strong. It KO's more than half the Pokemon it U-turns out on. Sound good to you? Sounds good to me. Power is what Scizor screams when it comes onto the field. With Pusuit, as previously mentioned, it traps nearly every Psychic type it successfully comes in on. SuperPower handles Steel types that try and wall Scizor. Hitting them hard and with great strength. Scizor also plays a role in the VoltTurn strategy that keeps the team's momentum flowing fairly easily.

Jolteon@ChoiceScarf; VoltAbsorb
Modest: 4/0/0/252/0/252
- Thunderbolt
- Shadowball
- HP(Ice)
- Voltswitch

Hahaha. Remember your first Jolteon? When you first watched that sweet little adorable Eevee evolve into the super fast lighting...thing that it is now. Jolteon is surely fully capable of using Choice Scarf...trust me, I know. It outpaces Modest Kingdra under rain when scarfed. It also allows Jolteon to hit foes with more power and continue punch holes into the opposing team. It also allow Jolteon to unexpectedly smaskh through faster foes that don't expect Jolteon to be scarfed, KO'ing them and leaving them in shock. Thunderbolt handles last minute power kills and takes out water and flying types fairly easily. Shadowball is for Ghosts, Psychic types and mainly if another Pokemon that resists Electric type attacks can be KO'ed by it. Voltswitch is the main attack for Jolteon, using it to cycle through teams:
-From Jolteon> Scizor if I predict attacks Scizor resists
-From Jolteon> Landorus if I predict a Ground type attack
-From Jolteon> Mienshao if I predict a Rock, Bug, or stat reducing attack

Any ratings/critiques are appreciated. Suggestions will be taken under much consideration.

Sayonara

don't forget
Hey, CedOmega. Nice team.

I think this is a nice VoltTurn team. However, I find that hazards are a big problem. Since VoltTurn consists of repeatedly switching in and out, your Pokemon will be struck by Stealth Rock and Spikes each time, which will make it difficult for your team to stay healthy, and it will render your strategy less useful. To avoid always being struck by hazard, I would recommend a Standard Starmie (see set below) instead of your current Jellicent. Not only does Starmie provide invaluable Rapid Spin support your team needs to effectively use VoltTurn, it is also a fast and has the coverage moves to act as a potent revenge-killer. I find Jellicent isn't too useful, since you already have Reuniclus to counter Fighting-types. Jellicent also removes some offense to your very offensive-minded team. Starmie brings offense, and helps your team by getting rid of Stealth Rock and Spikes. Hydro Pump is a powerful STAB move that gets boosted by opposing Rain teams. It allows you to revenge-kill opponents like Infernape and Terrakion. Ice Beam is cool to revenge-kill Dragons, and is a good coverage move. Thunderbolt lets you nail bulky Water-types like Politoed, as well as Gyarados. Leftovers grants recovery, allowing Starmie to live longer. Natural Cure is also a nice ability that prevents Starmie from being ruined by status effects, simply by switching out. Another change I'd recommend would be Hidden Power Ice over Stone Edge for Mienshao. It lets Mienshao get rid of its public enemy, Gliscor. It also hurts Dragonite a lot. Also switch its nature from Jolly Nature to Naive Nature, so Hidden Power Ice doesn't get weakened. Finally, I'd recommend Focus Blast over Shadow Ball for your CM Reuniclus. Focus Blast provides better coverage to deal with Steel-types like Ferrothorn, and is a stronger move in general. Cool team, and good luck!

Starmie @ Leftovers | Natural Cure
Timid Nature | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Thunderbolt | Rapid Spin

Summary of Changes:

Jellicent ---> Standard Starmie
Shadow Ball for Reuniclus ---> Focus Blast
Stone Edge for Mienshao ---> Hidden Power Ice
Jolly Nature for Mienshao ---> Naive Nature

@Expert Physics: This comment is surely long overdue, but nevertheless, thanks for the suggestion. :)
When it came down to it, Starmie did help but I found that I needed Jellicent's W-o-W & Taunt support. Starmie did help w/ checking Rain teams & getting rid of hazards. So thanks for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)