15 Minutes Offensive Team

15 Minutes Offensive Team
Hi guys, i've known smogon for quite a long time, but i've never tried and post any RMTs beacause of my laziness. For a long time i've been trying out many variants of offensive teams like bulky offense, hyper offense, heavy offense, weather offense and shits that i don't remember. I checked out the smog magazine and used some featured teams like twash's hawaiian air, ToF's When in doubt, U-turn out, Snunch's Sloop John B and other great teams. I also made attempts on building a team myself, but, most of them ultimately ended up...well, failed, and dragged me lower from the ladder than i was before.
But suddenly when i was out of hope, a strange idea came out of my head: why not join their teams together? So i decided to join their pokemon together, change their movesets, and fix the synergy to make a complete team. I built in just 15 minutes and just couldn't think of a cool name, so i named it the 15 Minutes Offensive Team:evan:(Yes i know it's name is simillar to some teams that is on the RMT archive, but i'm out of idea ok?). Without further ado, let's advance to the team!
Team at a glance:

This team is an offensive volt-turning team that consists 4 volt switch/u-turn user, an FWG core, and of course, Scrotom. My aim is to weaken the foe with my volt-turners and when all threats are gone, i can use virizion and landorus to sweep.
A closer look:

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

This guy is usually my lead. There are many good stealth rockers in the tier, and most of them are slow and lacks offensive power. Azelf fixes this problem. It got the speed, the power, the abillity to put on SR, and of course, U-turn, the ever useful scouting move. Although it is very frail, but it's speed and power never let me down.
I use Focus Sash on Azelf so that it can take a hit, use SR, and then do whatever i want. I tend to run Adamant nature so it can speed creep base 100 pokemon. I think that it just need this much speed because leads are often slow nowadays, and it also makes explosion hits harder (349 attack is not going to hurt a lot, but 383 will do the job)
Moveset analysis:
  • Stealth Rock: The god damn move that controls the whole metagame. Nothing more to say here.
  • U-turn: For scouting of course, also to start the volt-turn chain if my Azelf has a disadvantage matchup against opponent's pokemon.
  • Explosion: The powerful wallbreaking move. if i see no ghost on the opponent's team, i will detonate.
  • Fire Punch: I see that Scizor and Ferrothorn often switch into Azelf, and they have no idea that they are gonna be roasted. I run this so my Azelf will be more unpredictable than the ones that run Ice Punch instead.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Smack Down
- Earthquake
- Explosion
This is the second U-turn user of my team. He will lead instead of Azelf when i'm facing a sandstorm team. His job is to hit hard to weaken enemy's walls and if neccessary, use Explosion to break the deadlock.
Moveset analysis:
  • U-turn: The scouting move that keeps offensive momentum for the team.
  • Earthquake: Powerful STAB that all Landorus has. Nothing more to say here.
  • Smack Down: The fun part begins here. Foolish Skarmory that are foolish enough to stay is going to be killed by Earthquake after a Smack Down attack. Outside of that, i don't see any better reasons. Maybe changing it to Stone Edge(or Rock Slide, cuz SE miss really pisses me)
  • Explosion: Kaboom! Now your wall is dead, ready to be raped!

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Pain Split
The first part of the Scrotom core and also the FWG core. function with Scizor and the others, this is a nightmare to stall team. It can take the deadly Hydro Pump attacks from politoed, Pain Split and then Volt Switch out.
I copied the bulky attacker set on smogon because i think this set meets all my expectation: it has the bulk, the power, and the abillity to maintain pressure. It's 50 base HP is a real letdown, but i decided not to run full HP investment because it would lose the chance to outspeed some pokemon and/or lose it's firepower(or "waterpower" maybe?)
Moveset analysis:
  • Volt Switch: A must have move on any Rotom-W. This guy will be dumped to UU or even lower without it.
  • Hydro Pump: A powerful STAB move, capable of wallbreaking. Hit knocks the socks of anything that doesn't resist it in the rain not name the pink bitches.
  • Hidden Power [Grass]: I use this because Gastrodon is becoming more and more common. I don't use HP Ice because it's not gonna outspeed any dragons and it cannot take Outrage or Draco Meteor.
  • Pain Split: The psuedo recovery to weaken high HP walls like the blobs or vaporeon.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Rotom-W partner in crime. Being the most used pokemon in the tier, this guy doesn't need much description. I use the Choice Band set on smogon, and it functions just well.
Moveset analysis:
  • Bullet Punch: Priority move. I use it to kill threats like terrakion or dragons that lack fire-type moves. It's also useful to new threats like Tornadus-T or Amoonguss.
  • U-turn: When in doubt, U-turn out! This is self-explainatory.
  • Superpower: Used to destroy Chan/Bilssey, Ferrothorn, and other obnoxious walls that are weak to fighting-type
  • Pursuit: Trap n' kill. Nothing else to say here.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
This is no ordinary Heatran that focuses on Special Denfense. I tend to use offensive Heatran because it tricks many people to think that my heatran is slow, and they are the ones who are burnt to cinder because of their carelessness(do i spell that right?). Heatran serves as a dragon resist/killer, a special attack juggernaut, and a fire-type in my FWG core.
Moveset analysis:
  • Flamethrower: Heatran's main STAB attack. I don't like to use Fire Blast because i hate it's 85 accuracy.
  • Taunt: This move prevent heatran from being a set up fodder for any pokemon that can resist it's attacks. It's also helps Heatran break stall teams.
  • Earth Power: A move to synergize with Flamethrower. It also helps Heatran kills fellow Heatran.
  • Hidden Power [Ice]: To take on dragons, gliscor and the genies of course. Although i have to play carefully because it can't take repeated DM or Outrage, nor switch into Earthquake.

Wait for it......

Virizion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge
The star of the show, Virizion. It's the last one of my FWG core and is a nightmare for rain teams, which is seen everywhere in OU. I switch him in on a water-type that lacks scald, proceed to set up an sweep through their team with power STABs. It is added to my team because of it's bulk, speed, abillity to take rock-type attacks (yes when i first built the team i realized that my team has no rock resist).
Moveset analysis:
  • Sword Dance: Something that when it's done, both players usually type "gg" on the chatbox.
  • Close Combat: Power STAB, great coverage. +2 CC is no joke to anybody not name ghost-types.
  • Leaf Blade: Second STAB. This is the main reason why Virizion is a nightmare for rain teams. It switches to a water-type pokemon, set up and sweep in joy.
  • Stone Edge: Coverage move for virizion to destroy it's biggest nemesis, fire -type and ice-type pokemon. It's 80 accuracy really bugs me, but it's the only rock-type move that virizion can use(not mention HP Rock).

Final glance:

So that's the team! Thanks for reading and please rate my team. Critism are ok(Shit, it took me 15 minutes to make the team and 3 hours to make the RMT).

Importable:
Code:
Azelf @ Focus Sash
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
- U-turn
- Smack Down
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Pain Split

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Virizion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Credits: Pictures are from Xous54's Gallery
Sprites are from PokeCheck

Threat List:
Offensive Threats:
Code:
[IMG]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0f/248MS.png[/IMG]Tyranitar:
Choice Band - Landorus, Virizion and Scizor can handle it well. Although Virizion and Scizor doesn't like taking Fire Blasts or Fire Punches. If i can predict a fire-type move, i can switch into heatran and kill it with Earth Power.
Choice Scarf - Same as above.
Dragon Dance - Same as above. Tyranitar almost never get any cahnce to set up against my team.

[IMG]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d6/Ani479WMS.png[/IMG]Rotom-W:
Choice Scarf / Specs - Vrizion can set up on it, but a HP Fire from a specs Rotom-W will hurt. A lot. If i can predict volt switch or other kinds of electric attacks, Landorus will do just fine.
Support - Vrizion. Or just simply detonate either Landorus or Azelf.

[IMG]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f2/212MS.png[/IMG]Scizor:
Choice Band - Heatran and Rotom-W. Maybe Landorus. Prediction is the key.
Swords Dance - Any Scizor foolish enough to stay in and set up on Azelf is going to be killed. Unboosted Bullet Punch will not OHKO Azelf. Heatran outspeeds it and kill it with Flamethrower. 
Bulky Swords Dance - Same as above.

[IMG]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/77/Ani385MS.png[/IMG]Jirachi:
Substitute + Calm Mind / Wish + Calm Mind - Quite dangerous if it gets a substitue on. Landorus and Heatran will take it down, but they do not enjoy taking Water Pulse. Scizor's Superpower may dent it, but will not kill it.
Expert Belt - Heatran and Landorus. This one is easier to deal with.
Choice Scarf - I'll predict it's move and either switch to Heatran or Landorus.

[IMG]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/65/Ani381MS.png[/IMG]Latios:
Life Orb / Expert Belt - Quite Dangerous cuz it outspeeds my entire team. Scizor or Heatran may kill it but if it can switch in safely, something is dying.
Choice Scarf / Specs - Predict it's move, switch to counters and kill it. Although specs Draco Meteor hurts even with resistor.
Calm Mind - Same as LO/EB. It's not going to get many chance to set up.
Defensive Threats:
Code:
Will be updated soon.

Hey,

Nice team. Seems like you have most teams in check, be it sun with Heatran, rain stall with Virizion, rain offense with Rotom-W, or sand with Landorus. I think I have a few suggestions that could help it run more smoothly, though. For one, it seems like Choice Band Terrakion can really decimate a lot of your team, especially because you have no safe switch-ins to it. Furthermore, it seems as though Volcarona can nab a quick Quiver Dance against Scizor locked into Pursuit or something and proceed to demolish the rest of your team. For this reason, I would say use a standard Choice Scarf Landorus over your current variant. While you probably like yours because it can beat Skarmory with proper prediction, you already have Rotom-W and Heatran for that. A set with 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe and a Jolly nature, along with the moveset of Earthquake, Stone Edge, Explosion, and U-turn would suffice.

Now, I really think your Heatran set would be much better if you focused on making it more offensive -- if you do so, you'll even have a better check to Dragons that currently decimate your team. In my opinion, you should just use an Air Balloon over Leftovers. While you may argue that Leftovers is the better item, Air Balloon lets you switch into Dragons freely, and then all you need to do is use Hidden Power Ice. Additionally, I think using Fire Blast over Flamethrower is worth it, as it could mean everything if a Volcarona in the sun is about to attempt to sweep your team. However, the trade-off between accuracy and power is somewhat unsettling, so this is basically all up to you.

Finally, for some minor changes (depending upon how you look at them), I think you should definitely go with a Jolly nature on Azelf. If you keep Azelf alive long enough, you can use it to go boom against the likes of Tornadus, Latios, and Infernape. With an Adamant nature, while you have power, you'll never be able to use Explosion because you no longer outspeed these key threats. On Scizor, I'd move 8 Speed EVs back to HP because you don't necessarily want to outspeed opposing Scizor, as that's simply giving away your momentum. That's all I've got, cool team and good luck man. I hope I helped!

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I like Harsha's rate - but rather, I think something along the lines of expert belt landorus with hp ice EQ stone edge and uturn with a anive nature will be a lot better. it often feigns a choice item, and is a great lure.

running air balloon on heatran also wouldn't be a bad idea to check sun teams better.

ss234

bop.
I triple Air Balloon. No more is Heatran vulnerable to Dugtrio on sun teams-and he can make a pseudo-check to Dragonite and Salamence-locking them into Outrage to actually do anything to him.

I could really see you struggling against the new Tornadus form-especially if it's mixed. Rotom-W is the only real counter to it that you have, and he takes 45% min and 53% max from the most common variant of Tornadus' Hurricane-the Specs variant, and is a possible 2HKO even factoring in Leftovers. After Stealth Rock then, he's dead. Heatran is then the only one to be able to take a Hurricane-and everyone knows that Tran is crap in the rain. Hurricane then goes on to 1HKO Scizor, as well as Virizion and Landorus. Scizor's Bullet Punch does 76% damage maximum-and anything under 75% isn't going to kill Tornadus if he hasn't taken any prior damage. It take out Azelf with ease as well.

If the Tornadus user decides to run a Modest nature, things get even worse. Azelf still can't outspeed due to Adamant, and Rotom-W is always 2HKO'd with Rocks up-and possibly even 2HKO'd without if it gets maximum damage. Heatran is also possibly 2HKO'd with SR up-with Hurricane dealing 42%-49% with a Modest nature.

Due to your weakness to Tornadus, I recommend using Jirachi. Either Scarf Jirachi or specially defensive Jirachi work well-but keep in mind that ScarfRachi can be 2HKO'd by Hurricane from Modest Specs Tornadus. Specially defensive Jirachi take 25%-30% and also sets up SR. He can paralyse Tornadus too, and flinch him into Scizor's death range. Iron Head does 34%-41%, so is a definite 3HKO on Specs Tornadus. Scarf Jirachi would be able to accomplush many of the things that Azelf does-set-up SR, use Fire Punch, use U-turn for momentum etc. in fact-and with the Explosion nerf, it isn't that great this generation. Also, Jirachi stands a much better chance against Tyranitar due to Iron Head.

Overall then, I'm thinking Scarf Jirachi over Azelf. Not only does it give you a much more solid check to Tornadus, but also has a purpose revenging stuff late game-whereas all azelf can do is set up SR and explode. You're not even short of ground resistances anyway-and the fighting resistance wasn't doing much as Azelf has far worse defences than Jirachi.

Thank you for your rates. I' trying Specially Defense Jirachi now and it works quite well. But i cannot think of a way to get around Banded Terrakion and Haxorus.

An optional change to deal with Terrakion is Haxorus is to change Landorus to its new form, Landorus-T. The bulky spread is extremely sturdy, and sports Intimidate to soften up both Terrakion and Haxorus' hits. In addition, it then survives Dragonite's Outrage after the attack drop and can proceed to Stone Edge. It even sets up rocks, if you want, and maintains momentum with U-turn. Seeing as you're going with specially defensive Rachi, though, I'd recommend the scarf version here. You may find it dead weight at times but it offers important insurance against power fighting types, such as the likes of Swords Dance Toxicroak.

Sayonara

don't forget
Hey, infinitetown. Nice team.

First off, I would change Azelf's nature from Adamant to Jolly, in order for it to outspeed guys like Gengar, Terrakion, Infernape, Virizion and the Lati-twins. Thanks to an increase in Speed, Azelf can do a better job as a lead. Another change I would recommend is a Choice Scarf Rotom-W. It will act as a revenge-killer, which will help your team since your team is fairly slow aside from Virizion. It helps revenge-kill Terrakion and Infernape if Scizor can't get the job done. Volt Switch gives your team momentum, while Hydro Pump is a reliable and powerful STAB move. Both these moves help deal with Rain teams. Hidden Power Ice lets you revenge-kill a +1 Dragonite, while Trick cripples stall, and it incapacitates opponents such as Blissey. You should also use an Air Balloon on Heatran to help deal with Sun teams, as San_Pellegrino stated earlier. It also does a better job to check Dragon Dance Dragonite. Finally, I am seconding San_Pellegrino's suggestion of an Expert Belt Landorus. It bluffs a Choice Scarf set, so when Gliscor comes in on Earthquake, it will be thinking you're switching out. Instead, it will be wrecked by Hidden Power Ice. Cool team, and good luck!

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf | Levitate
Modest Nature | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Volt Switch | Hydro Pump | Hidden Power Ice | Trick

Landorus @ Expert Belt | Sand Force
Naive Nature |
228 Atk / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
Earthquake | Stone Edge | U-Turn | Hidden Power Ice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)