Moody Metronome Smeargles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't know if this idea has been done before, or outlined in a thread, so I'm making this here.

This battle style is made to demonstrate the complete randomness and the hectic nature of battles. There are many variations that can be based on this but I'm outlining the simplest and most pure.

THE RULES
  • Only Smeargles are allowed.
  • Smeargles must have the ability Moody.
  • Smeargles must know only one move: Metronome
  • All EVs are set to zero.
  • No items are allowed.
  • All pokemon must have a neutral nature.
  • IVs can be set to 31 or lower if you prefer.

Because the power and moves of Smeargles are completely random, the winner is decided by chance. Good luck, because you'll need it.

EDIT: Another important thing for standard play might be to make all items Air Balloon. This is because in the event someone gets Toxic Spikes, the poison damage can easily win the battle. For those who like the pure randomness, though, keep the Smeargles without items.

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
This was both the best and worst idea ever. And I love it for that reason. I joined a tourney for this meta, and it was hilarious, awesome, and frustrating all at the same time.

I LOVE this, it's ridiculously awesome. Although it would be my luck if I Metronome'd Splash, they snagged an Evasion boost, and then I Metronome'd Explosion and missed. Ahaha.

Relados

fractactical genius
I've run two tournaments in this style. One battle had 2 OHKO moves hit in a row. Another had Lunar Dance and a missed Explosion.

Ok this is amazing. first round, i get +4 evasion and my opponent gets -2 accuracy, looks like hes gonna win and then BOOM, I Explode. its a tie.
Rematch: we go back and forth, I get a bunch of crap moves like Miracle Eye. he uses Bug Buzz on me and that drops me to 2%. next turn, he outspeeds and uses Self-Destruct. Tie again.
Third Match: He toxics me, i get worn down to like 12% and he has like 70%, then I KO with Leaf Storm and my random +4 Special Attack.

next round, I get will-o-wisped, then a couple turns later I get Tormented. So then all I could do was Struggle and I lost.

It was AMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZing. Everyone keep on hosting them.

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
As someone that loves the fuck out of PO's CC and any kind of random as fuck battle, I can confirm that this is really fun.

Free Leppa berry. I see nothing wrong with extra metronomes.

Relados

fractactical genius
Leppa berry is a variation. However, with moody, extra metronomes = extra stat boosts, which can make an insanely powerful Smeargle. For standard play, I've removed Leppa berry so a smeargle that happens to get close to sweeping will die from struggle.

breh

強いだね
The item should be balloon.

This makes it so that Toxic Spikes doesn't break the game and count as an instawin.

You may want to get rid of Moody; it makes matches more drawn out than they should be. There's nothing fun about getting two smeargles with -4 accuracy and +6 evasion trying to hit each other, lol.

Still, I had a few fun battles with LucaroarkZ.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yep, this metagame is quite fun.

It's fun because you just really don't know what to expect. You could have so many boosts to Defense and Special Defense, and then with Metronome you select Explosion.... and miss because Moody. Or, of course, you select Toxic Spikes which makes it pretty difficult for the opponent to win. Or, my favorite: hitting GrassWhistle when you have no accuracy boosts and your opponent has lots of evasion boosts.

Relados

fractactical genius
Balloon to stop toxic spikes is an idea. I'll think about adding that, since it is rather gamebreaking here.

Moody is to add more to the randomness. Sure, the evasion and accuracy problems can drag on battles, but that's one reason I left out the Leppa berry: Struggle will end smeargles that have high stats.

Reviving this thread after being left to rot for almost 3 years at the bottom of the Other Metas pit :3

This meta looks fun :3 I hope there are still people who want to play this :D
Also, there is a question that was bugging me, what happens if a Smeargle gets imprison? is it an auto-win? How would one defend against that or prevent it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)